It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6.5 Billion Souls on Earth Now, 1 Billion in 1850 - Where Were 5.5 Billion Souls for 150 Years?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Something has been bothering me for a while. I have just now figured out a way to illustrate my point.

Please see the graph below:

Note that there are presently approximately 6.5 billion people on earth. religion will tell you that's 6.5 billion Souls. In 1850 there were just over 1 billion inhabitants of the planet, my question is this; Where did these Souls come from? Where were they in 1850? That's 5.5 billion souls kicking there heals, where?

Are they created by God before they are combined with our bodies? I have no recollection of this in the Bible.

We have no end of warnings, instructions and predictions about what happens to us AFTER we die, but what were our souls up to BEFORE we were born.

Deepak Chopra says this:

Our spirit is non-local and timeless, its true essence is not locatable in space and time. Because of that, I don't believe we can really talk about where our souls were in the past or where they will be in the future. Pure consciousness is the non-physical source of all material creation, and that is what our soul is. Our core existence or Being exists independently of its material expression.

That's all well and good for Eastern Religions but for the rest of us it poses a bit of a mystery.

Could it be that Christianity/Islam/Judaism have it wrong?

[edit on 15-5-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Ok. Lets have it this way, the souls were floating in the heavens back then, till the ideal time came and god sent the souls to live on earth in the form of humans.

There is always some kind of paradox in anything. Just chill.

[edit on May 15th, 2009 by peacejet]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Interesting thread and question. One that I also have often pondered. Of course I cant answer the question but it will be interesting to see where this thread go. Star and Flag my friend. Cheers

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Plenty of new souls out there. This is the reason for materialism and other non wise things that plagues the earth.

The answer seems quite obvious to me. Well, if you actually believe in reincarnation of the soul.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
We are all stars.
There are more of us than them.

Peace...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Maybe when a person dies and their soul leaves their body... that would explain one soul in the heavens. But that person "didn't get it right" during their life on earth so they're given another soul, and another chance. Maybe that's why people often have visions of a past life. Maybe most of 6.5 billion souls on earth right now are "repeats"? You know... people who flunked grade 1... three or four times?

Based on my own logic... I'll be back because clearly I still haven't mastered this thing called life.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Albertarocks]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
From our vantage point there could be a few reasons. It should be interesting to see what pans out here.

If you follow certain belief systems, this is the time of harvest and many souls chose to come here, so as to progress up the soul 'path.'

Or, around 100 mil of them are here as light workers.

Or, a few million of those bodies could be cloned from 'elsewhere.'

Could go on, but I gotta get to work.

link   
IMO all souls are nothing but the same 1 soul that has split itself billions of trillions of times.. (for this planet and other worlds). It's just an illusion of individual souls which ultimate goal is to merge back (losing their individuality in the process) with the 1 soul, having attained the knowledge and experience from the time spent as an individual.

I hope I wrote that in plain English..

link   
Answer to death

Ecclesiastes 9:5 "For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten."

So the dead have no conscious existence to them.

Revelation 20:13

"And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works."

So your spiritual existence lies with God or in Hell while you are dead but you have no conscience until Resurrection at Judgement.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Have you read this?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But first wouldn't you need to show the actual existence of a soul.

I can't recall ever seeing one. Is conscienceness what you are confusing as "a soul"?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I have seen many soul-less humans walking about, you speak or try to make eye contact, but it is obvious that nothing resides behind their empty eyes. There are many drones surviving day to day just filling a spot. I don't thing 6.5 billion people equate to 6.5 billion souls.

Also, I have thought about the population growth and the extinction of species. Have you ever seen someone or something take on a soul?! I think I have. Most animals or pets are just randomly amusing, but occasionally one takes on a higher persona, they have a unique personality, loyalty, etc. Even with my own son, he was premature and very fragile for months and months, he went through a lot of pain and suffering, and many times we regretted having put him through all of that and wished he could stop suffering no matter what that meant. But, one day he miraculously became a little baby, in an instant he was able to make eye contact and subtle grins. He connected with us all of a sudden, and everything changed.

Maybe not every living thing has a soul, and souls are not reserved for strictly humans.

Also, the quality of human being has dropped over the years, in my opinion. Therefore, maybe the energy of 1 billion souls is now spread across almost 7 billion bodies in un-equal proportions. Gandhi's soul contained far more energy and value than the moron who shot a 7-yr old for trespassing.

Maybe all those extinct animal species have reincarnated into humans. American Indian's gave a lot of creedance to the fact that some humans have significant 'animal' traits. i.e. dogface, weasely, boorish, etc.

That is a lot of different theories, but I think they compliment one another. I would like to think that when my soul leaves this body with whatever lessons I have learned, that I will have several opportunities to either exist as a spirit, or reincarnate another body be it animal or human, and continue to evolve my spirit in the ways that it needs. Maybe souls of the oppressed chose that role to gain an understanding from it, and maybe the soul in my dog chose to accompany me through the past 10 years of trials for a specific reason. Maybe a soul was not ready for my premature son, but later one chose to take on that role for whatever reason.

Socrates/Plato often hypothesized that nothing can be "learned" only "remembered." We have all the knowledge of the universe within us, and over our lifetime we remember it through trial and error.

I have seen people open up, grow, and blossom, and it was more than a physical or an emotional growth. It was there soul evolving. I have also seen people internalize everything becoming imprisoned in their own body. They wither and wait for death to free them.

Overall, I don't think the human population of the earth is a proper benchmark for the number of souls or the quality of those souls that inhabit it in various forms.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Perhaps a great number of these new souls are not human.

There is an exponential rise in crime, war, perversion, corruption, madness, etc.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Has anyone checked to see if we have lost 5 billion blades of grass since 2000? It is also possible that these new souls were at one time any manner of plant, insect, or other animal. Perhaps that's where the honeybees went.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Imagine that the soul is like a drop of water,
many souls come together to make an ocean, each soul intermingles and mixes, there is no solitary soul, every soul is connected to the next.
now drops of water can be large and small, large drops would mean less drops needed to fill a bucket, smaller drops would reqire more to fill the bucket, even though there is still the same volume.

so we have more souls on the earth which just means that our collective souls are spread out further gaining more and more knowledge.

This is my belief, not taught by aliens or a guru, it is just something that I believe to be true

I hope I explained it, because it is like an abstract concept, and they are the hardest to explain.
If anyone would like me to expand on this belief, U2U me or just post here and when I get time I will try and explain it in more detail.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

I would like to hear more. I'm going to leave it a bit before replying to most of what's being said so I can have a good read and see what everyone thinks.

I'm very interested to hear more from you and others on this!

Thanks, kiwifoot

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I heard about the Guf for the first time in the movie *Seventh Sign.* (Not a bad flick all in all.)
It got me interested in The Guf and a while back did a study on it but for watever reason never posted the thread.

Anyway, The Talmud uses the term *Guf* for the repository of all unborn souls and so the story goes when all the souls in The Guf are used up - Christ will come again.

One reason I think so many religions are against abortion. Each and every little soul is important in the while scheme of things.

I found this sight - Jewish Myths...

Here’s a snip - but visit the website for more explanation and discussion.

The word Guf is derived from Hebrew for "body/corpse". The Guf can also be referred to as the Otzer (Hebrew for "treasury"). It is the source of every human soul. In some traditions the Guf is located in the celestial plane of Aravot, other times it is located beneath God's Throne of Glory, which resides "above" Aravot. Though some cite Isa. 57:16 as the source of the concept, Isaiah never uses the word, so the Talmud offers one of the earliest direct references to the Guf and teaches that the Messiah will not come until the Guf is emptied of all its souls (Yev. 62a-63b; A.V. 5a).

I like this idea - a lot.
I guess it goes back to fear of death.
If we weren't afraid to leave The Guf and come here (I believe we had a choice) then we shouldn't fear the process to return back to where we came from...

peace

[edit on 15-5-2009 by silo13]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I believe souls (as a concept) were simply created as a method by which to control people in this life... and for many it is also an illusion of grandeur or a way to answer big questions to their own satisfaction...

What is life, why am I here, what am I, who am I, where did I come from, what is the universe... etc etc etc.

IMHO we are all simply consciousness wrapped in a body. Perhaps that consciousness lives on after death.. no one can say for sure. People pretend to know.. but they actually don't! It's simply what they wish to be true.

Perhaps the physical and metaphysical is all part of our birthright. Life may be a package deal of both aspects but again, it's all conjecture.

IRM

[edit on 15/5/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I pasted this from Yahoo so y'all could check my math:

the solar system is orbiting the galactic centre, with an orbital period of about 220 million years. The rotational speed of the solar system is thus about 250 km/s (which is very, very fast - nearly 0.1% of the speed of light).

So...

250km per second
*60 seconds in a minute
*60 minutes in an hour
*24 hours in a day
*365 days in a year
*50 years since whenever

= 394,200,000,000 kilometers traveled by Sol since 1959

So the Sun travels through space and the Earth is simply pulled along in the heliosheath. But Jupiter and the rest of the planets are also tied in and the whole soler system is like a giant vehicle, flying through space.

So actually we are a long way away from the space we inhabited in the fifties. We've boldly gone where no one has gone before. The doors to the bus just won't open yet, but the passengers on the bus are increasing.

But where are we all going?

[edit on 15-5-2009 by smallpeeps]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot
Something has been bothering me for a while. I have just now figured out a way to illustrate my point.

Please see the graph below:

Note that there are presently approximately 6.5 billion people on earth. religion will tell you that's 6.5 billion Souls. In 1850 there were just over 1 billion inhabitants of the planet, my question is this; Where did these Souls come from? Where were they in 1850? That's 5.5 billion souls kicking there heals, where?

Are they created by God before they are combined with our bodies? I have no recollection of this in the Bible.

We have no end of warnings, instructions and predictions about what happens to us AFTER we die, but what were our souls up to BEFORE we were born.

Deepak Chopra says this:

Our spirit is non-local and timeless, its true essence is not locatable in space and time. Because of that, I don't believe we can really talk about where our souls were in the past or where they will be in the future. Pure consciousness is the non-physical source of all material creation, and that is what our soul is. Our core existence or Being exists independently of its material expression.

That's all well and good for Eastern Religions but for the rest of us it poses a bit of a mystery.

Could it be that Christianity/Islam/Judaism have it wrong?
[edit on 15-5-2009 by kiwifoot]

New sould arrive from the Nexus. Material and physical life gives a lot of experience they need to evolve further. Plus there has been a lot of interest for Earth in the last century, and UFO visitations have increased rapidly, i guess we are starting to get interesting here huh? lol

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
What about the trillions of possible earth like planets in our universe, i think 6.5 billion souls had plenty of places to reincarnate.. But thats just me..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join