It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cults, the Occult and New Age.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Originally posted by IamNow

Too an extent, the New Age people I have spoken to always resort back to analyzing other peoples beliefs. All it takes is a bad day in the office.

Is this not the eternally questioning part of man though? Ive had a really bad day,why? why has this happened to me? I have known/do know people who follow the Occult and still analyse their beliefs/others beliefs heavily when they have very bad days.

(1) All is one, all reality is part of the whole;

All is one, you sure that's not part of the illusion. The above statement may as well say "You have nothing or nobody else, this is it nothing to see here go back to sleep"

No I dont tend to think of this statement as part of the illusion. You dont need anything else or anybody else because you are ALL one so you already have each other. There is EVERYTHING to see so no way should you go back to sleep.

(2) Everything is God and God is everything;

Then there is no God.

God is everything so the being of God is all.

(3) Man is God or a part of God;

God is the biggest illusion to date in my own opinion, so is the devil.

I think the illusion of God is that God is an all seeing being from which we are seperate. The devil is also part of God, maybe thats the illusion? If you are not of God and God is an illusion who are you from?

(4) Man never dies, but continues to live through reincarnation;

I would like somebody to prove this, oh I forgot "Nobody can"

Correct no body can, no body can prove anything, which is worth remembering when we start to follow self elected cult leaders/ masters/Gurus, they know just as much as we do. For me the the soul is endless and at certain times does re incarnate. I believe the current Dalai Lama goes some way to showing how this is possible.

www.tibet-tour.com...

(5) Man can create his own reality and/or values through transformed consciousness or altered states of consciousness.

Yet man blames god for so many things, mans own illusion.

^^MAN^^ It's part of the illusion

So if God created man who created God?

Some of the self created illusions man creates do him no good. Im thinking of the illusion of cults, how we are seeds from star aliens, alien gods , ascended masters or how our creators are coming on comets or planets to save us. These self made illusions do more harm than good. The altered states of reality that I think help are those we find in silent meditation, when we close off all the days chatter and actually connect with out true inner voice.

Who created God? LOL you're asking me!! I think this video helped me see what I was trying to put together, you'll most probably say its New Age! It provides some answers to how God is all, the nature of duality, dark and light and how life is endless.

Thanks for a very thoughtful post IamNow.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by Mr Green]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
During my search on this fantastic journey called life I also started to follow the New Age, I saw the New Age different to religion, it was more spiritual in nature. It was a path that felt right, however the more I questioned it the more I saw through it.

Whats bizarre is the fact I always stated "I am not religious" during my New Age adventure, however the fact was I was the more I followed the New Age the more religious I was becoming. hell I was even quoting things from Jesus.

Cosmic Humanism, also called the New Age Movement is a pantheistic religion and worldview. Cosmic Humanism claims that humanity must evolve into the New Age by realizing their godhood.[1] Cosmic Humanists use a wide variety of occult means in their effort to attain this higher consciousness, resulting a movement described as metaphysical or paranormal.

"The New Age movement...is an extremely large, loosely structured network of organizations and individuals bound together by common values (based in mysticism and monism—the world view that 'all is one') and a common vision (a coming 'new age' of peace and mass enlightenment, the 'Age of Aquarius')."
[A]ll New Agers believe that 'all is one'—everything that exists consists of one and the same essence or reality. A second assumption is that this Ultimate Reality is neither dead matter nor unconscious energy. It is Being, Awareness, and Bliss (which is to say, a Hindu conception of God as an impersonal, infinite consciousness and force). The first two assumptions imply two more: all that is, is God (which is pantheism); and man, a part of 'all that is,' is likewise divine...."[3]source

The New Age is Religion (occult/cult) its all part of the same illusion, The New Age will become a "One World Religion" when in reality there can only ever been a one world religion, it's called "Humanity"

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Originally posted by Whisper67

Today, I’ve taken bits and pieces of all I’ve learned and created my own personally tailored understanding of the truth as I know it so far. I believe I’ll always have more to learn and ways to grow. I *run* from anyone or anything that claims to have all the answers.

More and more science is becoming incorporated into my spirituality with M theory and inter-dimensionality.

Thanks for to the OP & replies thus far. Enjoyable!

I think your right, its as if we almost have to go through a time of discovering through learning about the many ideas and paths there are, to at the end use this to form our own. For many this peroid of learning can be painful and confusing. I agree RUN away very fast from any individual/group/belief system that says they have all the answers. Also individuals that put restrictions on their knowledge and wisdom, unless knowledge is given freely and without any expectations it is not unconditional. Im thinking of the request to do rituals, leave ones family or behave in some way in order to recieve knowledge. this is not the giving and recieving of knowledge unconditionally and usually means the giver has alternative motives other than to aid in your spiritual growth.

I think we learn more from people that ask questions than constantly give answers.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Whats bizarre is the fact I always stated "I am not religious" during my New Age adventure, however the fact was I was the more I followed the New Age the more religious I was becoming. hell I was even quoting things from Jesus.

yes as new age I also see myself as spiritual and not religious. Religion has in my view broken up the oneness. However this does not mean I dont see that throughout history very important individuals came down from the one to try and guide man.

The New Age is Religion (occult/cult) its all part of the same illusion, The New Age will become a "One World Religion" when in reality there can only ever been a one world religion, it's called "Humanity"

yes you are right, there is a danger of new age actually becoming a worldreligion, however who would it have at its head? It would be God, the oneness of being so for me this if done correctly would unite all dont you think?

I used to be quite into the Galactic federation of Light, then I started seeing it was becoming a cult. No one has ever seen these aliens, their ships just their message which was channelled. Web sites have sprung up and many now look to these aliens as saviours of man. I now actually think the GFL is becoming a semi religion/cult and have started to question it very much. if we start to put our faith in these aliens and they keep doing a no show, then what? Many get upset when I say it is becoming a cult but really I think it is. It is good they have love and light as their mission but really we can do this ourselves cant we.

You say all three are part of the illusion (cults, occult and new age) so in your opinion what is behind this illusion? Who or what is creating our illusion? If man is part of the illusion it cant be him so what?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Green
What exactly of the Occult has helped you to remove the veil? Im just really interested in how each of us finds their truth. You dont have to mention specific techniques if you dont want to but just what it is about the Occult that has helped you.

For me so far it's been a wild ride!. I've learnt so much, and it all has been positive in the end.

You and a lot of others too from what I can see!! Some find the path smooth and easy but like you I have found it a little wild too. I think as long as we learn and make it a positive experience then it doesnt matter how we get there.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by Mr Green]

The study (and latter experiences) of different esoteric subjects helped me open my eyes to a new world.

I've always loved investigating and researching stuff that was not "out there" for everyone (at first sight).

But I guess the starting point was the study of my own birth chart when I was younger.

I guess we all have different ways of reaching out and there's no absolut TRUTH - lots of paths to walk and experiment. But once "the button is triggered", there's no going backwards. And that's great, because I think, it can only get better

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

Is this not the eternally questioning part of man though? Ive had a really bad day,why? why has this happened to me? I have known/do know people who follow the Occult and still analyse their beliefs/others beliefs heavily when they have very bad days.

My point is "If you have a bad day in the office" who you looking to blame? Sometimes people only seek god when something goes wrong. Sometimes people only question what they believe when something goes wrong, the rest of the time they just accept it.

(1) All is one, all reality is part of the whole;

No I dont tend to think of this statement as part of the illusion. You dont need anything else or anybody else because you are ALL one so you already have each other. There is EVERYTHING to see so no way should you go back to sleep.

but there is no evidence "We are all one" its a belief that will never become the known or the unknown, most just accept it as the known, this is just one small part of the huge amount of things new age folk "Accept without questioning" the more you question the more awake you become, the more you just accept the more asleep you become.

(2) Everything is God and God is everything;

God is everything so the being of God is all.

I think the word god has been misenterpreted.

(3) Man is God or a part of God;

I think the illusion of God is that God is an all seeing being from which we are seperate. The devil is also part of God, maybe thats the illusion? If you are not of God and God is an illusion who are you from?

As I said "I walk alone" if I were to tell you it would probably change your view on life, that could be a good thing or a bad thing. Lets just say I have seen outside of the box and it's pretty f**king sick. Yes we have a creator/source how can we not, but our idea of god is man made.

Once you work out this question you are more than half way to seeing the truth, to see through the illusion take time out the equation.

If the creator created life, who created the creator?

[edit on 17-5-2009 by IamNow]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   

You say all three are part of the illusion (cults, occult and new age) so in your opinion what is behind this illusion? Who or what is creating our illusion? If man is part of the illusion it cant be him so what?

Have you ever heard the term you are your own worst enemy, nobody can ever upset or anger you; only you can do that to yourself. Take a look at the history of humanity, Destruction based on a scenario in somebody’s mind, nothing more nothing less. You are your own creator ` you are creator of your emotions, feelings and thoughts. You are happiness, sadness, positivity and negativity, and the creator of fear. So who created the illusion? Ourselves, we just keep the illusion going when we choose Cults, Occults, and New Age. This by the way is my opinion and I personally have no conflict with anyone who chooses Cults, Occults or the New Age. How can I? It’s from Cults/Occults/New Age that I progressed into what "IamNow" (Hence the name) "A lone wolf" I don't need to trust or create expectations of anyone.

I did used to have Conflict with cults and the people in them, in fact it took over a huge part of my life. Why because I put trust in them, yes "I" not anybody else, yet I blamed them. I had a problem with cults even though I never really knew what cults were, if I did I wouldn't of got involved with one. The only problem or conflict was the image I created in my mind, not the cult itself. This is the same for religion, there are some religions I used to judge. Judgment based on an image, not information. I created the image thus I created the conflict - I really was fighting myself.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by plutoxgirl
But I guess the starting point was the study of my own birth chart when I was younger.

I guess we all have different ways of reaching out and there's no absolut TRUTH - lots of paths to walk and experiment. But once "the button is triggered", there's no going backwards. And that's great, because I think, it can only get better

Astrology (which Im guessing fits into the occult label) is something I have never really studied but I know people who do and they really seem to see it as very helpful. recently I had noticed my communications with others had been disrupted and a friend sent a message saying hey hows the retrograde mercury treating you. I had to google exactly what a retrograde Mercury was but when i did it said this....

At 05:01 UT (Universal Time), on Thursday, May 7th, 2009, Mercury the cosmic trickster turns retrograde at 1°44' Gemini, in the sign of the Twins, sending communications, travel, appointments, mail and the www into a general snarlup! The retro period begins some days before the actual turning point (as Mercury slows) and lasts for three weeks or so, until May 31, when the Winged Messenger reaches his direct station. At this time he halts and begins his return to direct motion through the zodiac.

www.astrologycom.com...

I was amazed at how true this was. This hasnt made me want to take up astrology but events like this do show me there is more to this subject than the "You will meet a tall, dark stranger and win some money" that often feature in magazines.

I am a gemini and my personality really does fit into that sign. Mercury is my ruling planet and due to my duel/twin nature I do switch from one thing to the next without thinking! Today I can say Im new age, tommorow I may lean towards the occult. This can become very frustrating to those that know me, I am very aware of this gemini trait in me. I do have two sides to me and this I have realized on my spiritual journey. I do find I can be just as much light as dark if I allow it. (my avatar is partly this, the white horse and the darker one) Due to my nature I love to try many paths and so others find it hard to pin me down, without discipline I have realized I can become a novice at all but a master of none.

Geminis are eternal students constantly looking for knowledge and for me this is so true. Your right once the button has been pressed we can never go back to not searching.

So although I dont follow astrology in my daily life I see it as immensly important and should not be underestimated.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

What category would you place Aliens, I have seen Aliens so I know they exist so it’s not really a belief for me. I have also had visions of how aliens interrupted evolution to create humanity; although I think they were surprised at how we evolved primate think, clever little animals hey

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Astrology sometimes makes sense and it doesn't for me, if we are all one shouldn't astrology affect us all the same.

Anyway something to make you laugh a little off topic but it’s worth the laugh.
Remember the Derek Acora clip I once posted, well I met somebody the other day and he claimed to be a medium. He was miles off with any names and out of nowhere he stood up and started telling somebody to F*** Off in the corner of the room. I almost though I was going to see the Derek Acora clip for real, not quite sure how I meet these people hehe.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

My point is "If you have a bad day in the office" who you looking to blame? Sometimes people only seek god when something goes wrong. Sometimes people only question what they believe when something goes wrong, the rest of the time they just accept it.

Recently after reading The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle (which would go into the new age catagory) I find I need to surrender to the moment. I can not alter that bad day at the office and so by surrendering to it, by accepting it as my now it looses its power of disruption. Once we stop fighting against our life when it goes wrong the more awake we become and the more being actually comes into our lives.

For me by NOT questioning when things go wrong and surrendering to them I find no anger can surface at the situation. This ability to live in the now is not easy though and I often find myself slipping out of it. Living in the now isnt a religion or a cult but I would guess many will say its new age.

I see it as not blaming God for your bad day but to just surrender and accept your day as Gods plan for your Now. My day is what it is, I cant change it so by accepting it I embrace it and find awarness in its now.

To make the journey into The Power of Now we will need to leave our analytical mind and its false created self, the ego, behind. From the beginning of the first chapter we move rapidly into a significantly higher altitude where one breathes a lighter air, the air of the spiritual. Although the journey is challenging, Eckhart Tolle offers simple language and a question and answer format to guide us. The words themselves are the signposts.

For many of us there are new discoveries to be made along the way: we are not our mind; we can find our way out of psychological pain; authentic human power is found by surrendering to the Now. We also find out that the body is actually one of the keys to entry into a state of inner peace, as are the silence and space all around us. Indeed, access is everywhere available. These access points, or portals, can all be used to bring us into the Now, the present moment, where problems do not exist. It is here we find our joy and are able to embrace our true selves. It is here we discover that we are already complete and perfect.

eckharttolle.com...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I can see why people class Eckhart Tolle work as new age but in my opinion he is hitting a good market, I cannot fault the work of Eckhart his work is brilliant. I think his work it aimed at anyone, Religious, Atheist, New Age... He has another book "A New Earth" and yes that's all sounds a little new age too, but if you really get what he is saying he is taking you away from "New Age" by drawing you into it and showing you how to walk on your own two feet.

Eckhart Tolle does make many referenced to Jesus and the bible, this used to draw me near the religious side of things. However he is just using brilliant examples of misinterpretation, it was from his work I decided to walk alone.

Thanks Eckhart

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

What category would you place Aliens, I have seen Aliens so I know they exist so it’s not really a belief for me. I have also had visions of how aliens interrupted evolution to create humanity; although I think they were surprised at how we evolved primate think, clever little animals hey

Unseen aliens like the GFL for me now fit into the cult section. However aliens that people like yourself have seen...Im not sure. As they are hidden are they occult? Are they just the unknown maybe???

Visions/communications of aliens interrupting humanity is that new age?

There is far more than a passing connection between the UFO Phenomenon and the New Age Movement. Belief in UFOs in the sense of belief in regular visits by and communication with benevolent aliens who come to help us is a major part of New Age Philosophy

users.rcn.com...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I would agree if they were beliefs e.g. "I believe I can communicate with Aliens or I have seen Aliens" but this is not the case. In my case I know something is sending me these visions, and I know I saw Aliens so it's not really a belief it's fact for me. Funny though because as soon as somebody reads what I just said, belief comes into it

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I can see why people class Eckhart Tolle work as new age but in my opinion he is hitting a good market, I cannot fault the work of Eckhart his work is brilliant. I think his work it aimed at anyone, Religious, Atheist, New Age... He has another book "A New Earth" and yes that's all sounds a little new age too, but if you really get what he is saying he is taking you away from "New Age" by drawing you into it and showing you how to walk on your own two feet.

New Age author Eckhart Tolle who wrote a book entitled: A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life’s Purpose.

What are these teachings? Ingrid reads quotes from Tolle that attempt to point people to a divinity within themselves, a concept that is wholly unbiblical. Such quotes expose Tolle for what he really is; a promoter of the New Spirituality, or what in the past has been commonly known as the New Age.

en.wikipedia.org...

maybe spiritual teachers such as him have brought the new age teachings forward into a new class of new Spirituality. Maybe this is what you are.

Note he points to the divinity within, which for me is along the lines of "all in one, we are of God". Yes he is seen as New Age but I can see why many place him into the class of spiritual teacher or New Spirituality. Maybe he has taken New Age to a more accessible level?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
If anything I think Tolle follows Tibetan Buddhism and its teachings.

www.enlightennext.org...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Yes I have to agree, I think there are different types of new age… Some types involve Chakra Meditation, Astral Projection, Lucid Dreaming, Indigo Children, GFL, Space Eggs and a few other things.

The New Age of Eckhart tolle involves dropping attachments and staying present in the now, quite different from the above.

So yes I think I am more in the second category, I do prefer to say being rather than God. I do this alone, I'm a big boy now

Edit: Maybe the New Age just got crazy when it hit the money making west

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I have embraced the Goddess aspect of spirituality. The Earth and Nature have always been shown as women or of having a feminine mystique, so I started to read up on that aspect.

I also read on all other topics to try and stay informed. Every idea has some type of truth in it, and the idea is to find out what that truth is. Having an OBE helped me realize there is a soul. Now the interesting part is finding out where the journey will take me after this existence.

Goddess bless,

kidflash

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

I too enjoy the Goddess aspect of spirituality. These many archtypes stand for so many various aspects of the human condition. I have a tattoo of the Sumerian Goddess Inannas cunniform (writing/name) and have recently discovered through the author Jim Marrs there may also be an alien connection to this Goddess as well. That she was in fact one of the aliens who while the humans were engineered to mine gold, she became enamoured with humans and pleaded for us to remain in existence even turning her back on her uncle En.kl - don't quote me on this as it's been awhile since I read the book and I've since loaned it out - I know better then this and will probably have to buy a new one ;P It's in Rule by Secrecy.

On a light note, I'm hoping if these aliens come back I may recieve a pass when they see my tattoo!

Also wanted to thank the OP for keeping the discussion alive. So often you see an OP start a thread and never hear from them again on the subject. Thanks for your comments and continued interest.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
Having an OBE helped me realize there is a soul. Now the interesting part is finding out where the journey will take me after this existence.

Goddess bless,

kidflash

yes experiences like OBE do really open up our mind to the possibilities of what else there is. Ive had several of them, some astral projection, 3rd eye visions and remote viewing....but and I know others will agree with me on this, these glimpses of the unknown can cause us more confusion than before. yes OBEs definatly show the soul is there and does not necessarily need a body, but this whole area can really cause more questions than it answers. depending on what you read this is classed as new age/ occult.
Ive looked deeply into this area and still do but I dont think it has really helped me with answers. The only thing it has shown me is the soul does indeed exist.

I have found with this whole area that I can become very disappointed when great visions are not seen or I dont go on a fantastic journey like I may have previously. I start to get frustrated and try to work out why I arnt seeing blue eyes, yellow pyramids, aliens or all the other fantastic things others see in their 3rd eye. The best thing I have found is just to be grateful when I see or experience these things and not try to make them happen. Is it just me that has felt frustrated by this side of the occult?

years ago when I did rise above my body it did show me there is a soul and I will always remember that experience because when I start to doubt my new age beliefs this one experience gives me confidence to carry on and believe.

Then about a year ago I saw a large pulsating blue eye, I had never seen anything like it before and thought Id really opened a great portal of knowledge up...guess what...never ever seen it again which REALLY frustrates me ...which is why I say these visions the occult show us can be frustrating so I need to just be thankful I even saw it at all.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join