It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cults, the Occult and New Age.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

I try to explain that one to my family that I have more questions than ever after my OBE. They are Catholic and expected me to say I saw Jesus and dead relatives. I just left my body and hovered above it. The took the my physical form into the hospital and I was near the ceiling. When I started to think of my family, I was taken back to my body. The noise and light was noisier if that makes any sense.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Can I ask a question? Ok thanks’

Why is it people feel the need to Astral Project?

When I had a go at Astral Projection my gut instinct was “This isn’t the place to be doing this” I suppose the reason for doing it in the first place was to find answers “The need to know more” however instinct once again said “The answers are not here” so instead of floating away into some unknown dimension where I would be very open to “Who knows what” I decided to stay right here in my body until the day I pass away. I have been in deep meditations where I have seen wormholes, strange multicolored entities and complex wireframe patterns. Yes it was pretty neat to see but the feeling deep down was guilt, it’s almost as if made a promise not to do it somewhere to someone at some point “if you catch my drift”

So what is it you seek out of astral projection, is it enlightenment. Being enlightened is being "awake." When you are awake, you recognize the world for what it is-a conglomeration of illusions passing off as reality. On earth, you perceive only part of the reality. You believe illusions to be the truth. You might wonder what we are doing on earth if this is the case. We are on earth because we need to be here; we need to learn something or experience something here. Otherwise, we would never have chosen to be born on earth.

I have been on ATS for a while now (New User Name) and I have noticed how much time and effort people put into Astral Projection, most to find enlightenment. The people I know who have used astral projection seem to cling to their beliefs; it’s almost as if that one experience has them trapped. They become confused, upset but most of all frustrated ` forever trying to repeat their Astral Experience. In many spiritual teachings many gurus and masters shout out the message “Stay Grounded” yet everyone following those beliefs are floating away into unknown dimensions. It’s almost as if people chase Astral Projection to get away from reality, from my own experiences I have become more awake from staying right here in my body.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Yes, I'm an Astrologer (but I have dwell in many other esoteric subjects- such as Numerology, Lexigrams, Graphology, etc.) which are all fascinating and very revealing.

There seems to be a real conspiracy against Astrology (being reduced to stupid daily shallow forecasts in newspapers and magazines).
This has absolutely nothing to do with what the ancient subject really is about.

Most people only know their "sun signs" but to really understand a person (the soul) or an event (all the planets in our solar system need to be taken into account). That's what the birth chart is about, a deep study of the position of the planets the exact date (and hour) you were born. Which is unique for every human being.

As for following Astrology in my daily life, I rarely pay attention to that. I like the excitement of surprises
. Of course, it can be helpful to know avant-grade of certain energies for a special day; but personally I'm not interested in applying the knowledge to that.

For me is all about studying birth charts of people/places and events. And discovering the correlation of all that IS.

The birth chart is a map of our souls this lifetime- and in no way is intended to be a "fixed scripture".

The energy of the plantes incline but do not bind.

Free will is ours at the end
-

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008

I try to explain that one to my family that I have more questions than ever after my OBE. They are Catholic and expected me to say I saw Jesus and dead relatives. I just left my body and hovered above it. The took the my physical form into the hospital and I was near the ceiling. When I started to think of my family, I was taken back to my body. The noise and light was noisier if that makes any sense.

Yes I think unless we become complete naturals at this it does cause more questions than give answers. Yours sounds classic being in a hospital, mine was at a time in my life I was very very close to exhaustion. I didnt see jesus or dead relatives either, I just left my body and hovered like you. I saw my room and I saw myself below, the colours in the room were most vivid and bright and I felt like I was a complete point of energy and I knew I was very aware in this state. I saw the Sun coming through the curtains it was much brighter than Id ever seen it before, I started moving towards it but then I felt fear for the unknown and went back to my body.

So that did show me how we can be aware points of soul energy but it hasnt given me the answers to then what...

Maybe if youd have carried on out of your body you may have seen spirit guides and dead relatives, I dont know. But you and IamNow are right, this area does cause more questions and I have found it gives no answers.

Im glad Ive seen the things I have, it has made me question the whole area of the occult and new age more but I do find it frustrating.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by IamNow

Why is it people feel the need to Astral Project?

because it is the one area that has the potential to show us other dimensions and realities. How fantastic is that hey! It has the potential to give us a glimpse of what lies beyond the veil and I for one although frustrated immensly by it am totally hooked into mastering it.

Its mystical. Its exciting. Its different and its not of this world. That is why people feel they need to AP. Im not saying its right or that we should try to do it, but once we've done it even by mistake or by chance its a whole new world that calls to be discovered. Its a pandoras box but still people feel the need to do it.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Only reason I ask is because I feel my strongest learning experience and the biggest eye opener as to what’s really going on in life “is all here on earth” See whether you are on the Astral Plane or right here on Earth “You are still the same being” if you have good observation and take note of signpost in life “it tells you everything – and it gives you everything” I think some people forget that and reach for the Astral Plane. I have nothing against people who do seek the Astral Plane but if they are going there to learn something it’s going to be a bumpy ride for them, it’s like jumping in the deep end of the pool to learn to swim. So many people lack Discipline and Patience, you have people trying to Astral Project as soon as they read a few paragraphs about it. I just ask people to really research what they are doing, and please don’t buy into all these “Astral Project in 5 mins or Astral Project and lose weight or stop smoking” most important thing Stay Grounded.

Quick question, does anyone on here have a desktop wallpaper on their PC that is a picture of a forest, think it was something like this, maybe minus the white horse. Just before I drifted off to sleep last night I could make out something like the image below.

Normally when I see something like this its signpost, for what I don’t know. May or May not be somebody on here, it really stood out for some reason the image was very green and natural although it was a little hard to focus on detail.

Edit to add, it was defiantly a desktop wallpaper I could see the icons, there may have been a person in the image too.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by IamNow]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Originally posted by IamNow

I have nothing against people who do seek the Astral Plane but if they are going there to learn something it’s going to be a bumpy ride for them, it’s like jumping in the deep end of the pool to learn to swim. So many people lack Discipline and Patience, you have people trying to Astral Project as soon as they read a few paragraphs about it. I just ask people to really research what they are doing, and please don’t buy into all these “Astral Project in 5 mins or Astral Project and lose weight or stop smoking” most important thing Stay Grounded.

Mmm but its one of those things you cant really learn isnt it from a book. I must have read about 6 different techniques to achieve AP on ATS and none really work for me. The patience part seems to be difficult as all it seems to be trying to go to sleep but remain alert, setting clocks for odd times in the night to awaken you but in a state you can AP. How do these people go to work the next day if they are setting clocks for 2,3 and 4am??? Ways to fight the fear when you actually feel yourself leave your body, its all such an effort I have found. Maybe unless we are naturals at it we just shouldnt do it. When I first joined ATS I quickly met lots of people with advice on how do achieve AP and it almost sent me mad as I do feel I did jump in the deep end.
However I still read about it and try to achieve it now and then.

I am reading more and more on ATS though that people try this and then post about being attacked by demons/entities that they encounter while attempting to AP. Its quite scary really as we dont really know what we are doing.

Quick question, does anyone on here have a desktop wallpaper on their PC that is a picture of a forest, think it was something like this, maybe minus the white horse. Just before I drifted off to sleep last night I could make out something like the image below.

Edit to add, it was defiantly a desktop wallpaper I could see the icons, there may have been a person in the image too.

No thats not my wallpaper, lovely image though.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by Mr Green]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

That is the one thing I remember the most: the vivid colors and the way sound was not so noisy. I have had dizzy spells so I know it one of those.

I like it that I have more questions, as I am more open to ideas and reading books on the subjects.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
I have embraced the Goddess aspect of spirituality. The Earth and Nature have always been shown as women or of having a feminine mystique, so I started to read up on that aspect.

Goddess bless,

kidflash

I was in a group that at its heart had this as its new age message, that the female side of spirituality would return and enlighten those that embraced this energy. when you read up on the female aspect of creation and spirituality there is a lot to it but in the end I struggled with its practices and it was just too new age even for me .
Im not saying your beliefs are anything like what I followed and at heart they are very good and of pure nature. It just shows you how many beliefs there are out there on these subjects.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Good thread MG S&F by me.
I am all of the above and none of the above.
Enjoyed everyones post but at work so cannot post at length.

PEACE!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Well, what I am has never been left a mystery. I tend to fall under the "New Age" title.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars
Good thread MG S&F by me.
I am all of the above and none of the above.

Thanks cindy
what a great way to look at it, you are all of the above and none of the above. I think we all try bits of everything, I think its only natural to try and experience all. How else can we decide what we are?
Which ever you finally settle on I enjoy your posts and insight. As I enjoy everyones. To share is to learn.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   

There is no category for me. I will not follow anyone or belief, so no Cult. I do think occultism holds some credence, but you must have the energy, time and above all PATIENCE to practice it, so not for me! And the New Age movement is just too unrealistic. Yes we should search for self enlightenment, and yes we are ONE, but only as a species.

If there is a category for someone who leans towards ( I say "lean towards" because belief(s) change daily), metaphysics, quantum mechanics and physics, with a dab of reincarnation, a spoonful of Satanism (true Satanism), with a dash of spirituality, and a whole lot of confusion. Well, that's where I sit. Oh and the Law of Attraction helps too!

It may seem I don't have a handle on what I "believe" it's only because I am a realist and like I said before, beliefs change frequently. But I am damn sure on what I don't believe and wait in anticipation for any new and insightful experiences, discoveries, and knowledge.

Why else would I associate with the likes of ATS?

[edit on (5/19/09) by gnosis111]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by gnosis111

First off good post I also like to keep it real, although in the past my life became very “Fairytale” like. Glad you pointed out the fact that beliefs change I don’t think many of us can deny that. It’s when we cling to those changing beliefs we create resistance and struggle to move onto the next step, I always say be prepared to drop beliefs/attachments. Sometimes we simply get things wrong, led astray or discover something new; it’s all a learning experience. Dropping beliefs is part of learning, Questioning beliefs is part of learning. I see so many truth seekers accepting everything they read, then they look for something or somebody to blame.

I am a little New Age but the best part of me walks alone, this is because my truth may be different from somebody else’s truth and I really don’t see the point in creating conflict by saying “Nah you are wrong” I take everything onboard and observe it for what it is, I search for realistic answers and explanations before writing it off as the unknown “Then!” claiming I understand it.

The New Age movement is just too unrealistic. Yes we should search for self enlightenment, and yes we are ONE, but only as a species

Very true indeed but there seems to be a few versions of new age, you have the Spiritual Eastern New Age, and the Fantasy Western Roll Playing New Age. If there is any new age in me at all its entire Spiritual, this is simply to become enlightened/awake/ aware. I have been sleeping for most of my life and always had a chip on my shoulder in life, always looking for something or someone to blame for the world we live in. The more awake I have become, the more I see the chip on my shoulder was an illusion created by my conditioning ` my programming. “Yes we are ONE, but only as a species” that in my view is spot on, if we were all one “We would all find enlightenment the same way” However I suppose it’s how you look at the statement “We are all one” Four words that can be misinterpreted like any other word. E.g. “we are all one but we all see different things when we analyze the words”

IamNow, keeping it real

[edit on 19-5-2009 by IamNow]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Originally posted by gnosis111

Thanks for your very interesting post.

There is no category for me. I will not follow anyone or belief, so no Cult. I do think occultism holds some credence, but you must have the energy, time and above all PATIENCE to practice it, so not for me! And the New Age movement is just too unrealistic. Yes we should search for self enlightenment, and yes we are ONE, but only as a species.

Why is the New Age so unrealistic? Why is it so unrealistic that all has not originated from one source? How can we be one only as a species? Our atoms are exactly the same as atoms in animals, plants and all life so how is it possible an animal on this planet has come from a different source? All life is interdependant on each other for its existance and I find it hard to think everything is not from one source.

Without our sun we would die. The sun is not of our species yet I feel it is part of me. I feel everything around me is of me.

If there is a category for someone who leans towards ( I say "lean towards" because belief(s) change daily), metaphysics, quantum mechanics and physics, with a dab of reincarnation, a spoonful of Satanism (true Satanism), with a dash of spirituality, and a whole lot of confusion. Well, that's where I sit. Oh and the Law of Attraction helps too!

yes I agree beliefs do shift depending on the day. What is the difference between Satanism and true Satanism? I came across a web site recently about Satanism and meditation. www.angelfire.com...

Is this site true Satanism? They say they are Spiritual Satanists. It has chakra meditation, which I was suprised about. 3rd eye meditation, auras, astral projection lots of stuff. I would not consider myself a Satanist but I do find I would read most if not all of its meditations. If you go down to the bottom of the page it takes you to the home page which has lots more info.

Just the word Satanism creates a bad impression in my mind though. demons and spirit entities. However I have no real idea what it truely is about.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

The problem I have with the term "New Age" is it implies the usual image of hippies and crazy people. I do not walk around with a pyramid on my head, but in the 1970s, the media would make sure to show someone who did when doing a piece on the New Age movement.

Cults imply a nasty image, since most people think of the Jonestown or Haley-Bopp Comet people. They also get images of people who are brainwashed and made to never see their families again. In the ancient Roman times, Christianity was considered a cult. Again, the word cult has taken on a rather negative meaning.

Mention Occult in front of a Christian, and they think you are a Devil Worshiper. While I do not have a problem with anyone who does that practice, it is the words and terminology that get people mixed up. Satanism is supposed to be about nature, but the name Satan now represents the Christian version of evil.

Anyone who professes a belief in the Goddess aspect or any other non Christian deity, are called idol worshipers and considered evil. Paganism is considered a heathen who should be avoided.

Each of the terms have other meanings than what the Christian/Judaism/Muslim faiths put on them. It is up to the individual to find out what the original meaning is and then make a choice as to what path to follow.

I think I brought it up here where my family (mother, siblings) was outraged because I thanked the Goddess during a prayer before dinner. I didn't say anything but will thank the Goddess again as it is my belief. I love my family, but I will not kowtow to their belief system to make them happy.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Hello,

To answer your question, I think new age is unrealistic, only in the sense that it is unattainable on earth. When I think of the term "we are one", it is in a sense that each one of our actions influence the others, which I think to be true. I am not saying it isn't real, just a bit clouded. I mean are we all one on earth? Or are we all one spiritually? I guess it's just an aspect of belief I don't spend much time with. Maybe unrealistic was the wrong word, how about laborious.

And what I meant with the Satanism thing.... let me say I am NOT a Satanist. But I have read the Satanic Bible by Anton LeVey and in it is a belief structure of common sense. A true Satanist doesn't believe in the devil or Lucifer, and they only worship the self. So LeVey named his religion Satanism, because the Christian Bible is constantly telling us to deny our bodies, and deny our desires, for they are sin. Satanism tells you to indulge in them or at least to not deny them. But there are many things in that religion that are just as hokey as any other religious practice.
Now I don't condone or do I indulge, but I like the underlying theme that when you treat yourself best, you can treat everyone else that way as well.

My little credo is "If you don't love yourself, than you can't have the ability to love others."

I must add that a strong mind is needed for any belief structure and all belief structure can turn on you when you don't have a strong independent mind, or someone can and will take advantage of you within your own belief
structure.

How's this, my religion is ALOE ( A Little Of Everything!)

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

I love what you had to say and agree with it whole-heartedly. Star for you.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosis111

Over the rainbow...care to share?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
This is a great thread Mr. Green, many thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join