It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is it about Christianity?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Christianity came from ancient Sun Warship.

Jesus is literally the sun.
The Bible 'Story' is a personification of Astrological cycles

[edit on 15-5-2009 by ANTHONY33]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I don't think that it is a "control" thing. I think people get caught up in the history of it all for example.
Let us take the story of the tortoise and the hare and say it was a religious scripture. People would be arguing the sex of both animals so you would have two groups formed still worshiping the same ideals. Then the athiests would come in and say that it is a scientific improbability that a tortoise would ever beat a hare at any footrace.
Then as always (see above) someone would parrot off somthing they saw on some documentary bashing the tortoise and the hare, saying that the tortoise and the hare are actualy the sun and moon.
Now with all that in mind and all the bickering everyone has lost the point of the story, chill out take it easy and you will win.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by The Mack]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I keep seeing people saying "religion and god aren't bad, its just people that make it that way". You know what, thats all it is people!! Without the people who "enforce" christianity, there would be no God, no one being judged, no wars in Gods name.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Christianity has spread as it did because people had two options, join or die. In their minds they weren't do anything evil, but they were doing "gods work" by killing off those who would be considered in line with the devil. Christians in modern times aren't violent that way, maybe it's the comfort of being one of the largest, if not largest religion. They do still do go around the world trying to get people to convert, but at least it's not violent anymore. I did always feel that the messege of Jesus has been twisted and corrupted, but that happens in all religions. I do feel that are moving beyond organized religion. I doubt in our times we'll see the fade of Christianity and other organized religions, but it is inevitable. Doesn't mean the world will be bad, but it is a step toward the better.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
Christianity.... ah.. yes... Christianity... What is it about Christianity that draws people to it. Possibly that one can find peace and forgiveness through Christ. Or maybe because it offers one true freedom whereas everything else is mere vanity and emptiness. Yes... Christianity, that one belief that to this day still gets under the skin of the Godless, the atheist, and the infidel alike.

You are aware there are more religions in the world right? Just because someone doesn't take up Christianity, doesn't mean they are godless. Nobody is drawn to Christianity, it is the Christians that run around trying to convert everyone to their ways. Your post proves that point because you consider everyone and everything else to be inferior. Also, most Christian families force their believes onto their children and brainwash them enough to believe that everyone else is lost and on the way to hell and that they need to be saved.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by chapter29

Originally posted by watchtheashes
reply to post by Miraj

As far as I'm concerned Christianity will dwindle down soon much to all your enjoyment.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7831058e8473.jpg[/atsimg]

The first time I saw this in that movie made me laugh so hard because it was completely unexpected. But as you can see some get offended by it just like they did with the movie. That's another problem with a lot of Christians, many don't have much of a sense of humor. But then again, most religions don't.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2012_the_truth

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Please put your sociologist and anthropologist hats on...

But no matter the tradition... Christianity is used to gain greater control of more independent societies.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by HunkaHunka]

No Christianity is not used to gain control of independent societies. Christianity is about the love of God. He gave up his only son for you, and you call him a tyrant. you're pretty much sodomizing Christ with your Pro atheist agenda.

Your going to regret your actions!

[edit on 14-5-2009 by 2012_the_truth]

Actually, as a organized religion, it is. You should look at the history of Christianity, try and look at it with an open mind and tell me that isn't true. The foundation of christianity was good, but the messege got turned into a corrupted religion that resulted in many deaths. I don't see any agenda of any kind from the OP, he asked a question. You assume he and other who speak against Christianity are atheists. How judgemental of you, I thought Christians weren't supposed to be judgemental. You forgot the other many religions of the world.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

No it isn't. You haven't looked into all the religions of the world. Many belief in a afterlife. Christianity had adopted many other beliefs. There isn't much that would be original in Christianity.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Christianity, in my opinion, has survived while the religions it ripped off, Zoroastrianism, Mithraism, etc. have declined is because Christianity is a proven fund raiser. It makes its proponents lots and lots of money so it is the choice among many for anyone that wants to be rich and powerful.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Please put your sociologist and anthropologist hats on...

1st There are MANY different varieties of Christianity, so this is not necessarily a question of denomination.

But no matter the tradition... Christianity is used to gain greater control of more independent societies.

I just watched a show about the Vikings, and Christianity was used by the Vikings in Greenland and Newfoundland to maintain a greater order than was typical of these people.

What is it about Christianity, that applies to not only the conversions in Europe, but also in Iceland, Greenland, and New Foundland.

Why do peoples adopt it so ?

Please no theological answers...

[edit on 14-5-2009 by HunkaHunka]

Why?

It's the message. Christianity in it's pure form, which is based on Biblical truth and NOT someone or some groups thoughts about HOW things should be done...is simple.

It's man who makes it hard.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Constantine knew a good thing when he saw it.
He took advantage of these Christians and made it the State religion.
Later came the Roman march thru Europe. About 1000 years later.
In one village after another people were slaughtered.
The traumatized survivers were then given the choice to convert or die.
And so the Roman Empire expanded.
One of the early popes convinced the Kings in other countries that only he had the right to confer Kingship. And so the noose tightened. THis new religion now had its tentacles in the politics of all of Europe.

In Norway, the newly converted Kings went out into the countryside to convert the citizens. Convert or be exiled off your land. Convert or we kill all you cattle and other animals. Convert or we cut off your hands.
Nice bunch these Christians.

In today's Western world there is not much choice. If someone thinks they need religion it is usually because they have a friend who is religious and Christian. They only have to think about which sect they like; that is if they think at all. They are likely unaware of the many differences from the beliefs of one church to another.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by itinerantseeker

Originally posted by chapter29

Originally posted by watchtheashes
reply to post by Miraj

As far as I'm concerned Christianity will dwindle down soon much to all your enjoyment.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7831058e8473.jpg[/atsimg]

The first time I saw this in that movie made me laugh so hard because it was completely unexpected. But as you can see some get offended by it just like they did with the movie. That's another problem with a lot of Christians, many don't have much of a sense of humor. But then again, most religions don't.

whats offensive about this i`d like to think this is what jesus was like

and if/when christians are gone the world has the wonderful ISLAM to do the same all over again in a brand new style

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
It's simply the most widely promoted, known and accessible crutch you could ever have. I have yet to meet a Christian that could actually 'deal' with life. Some are good at acting like they can, but no way.. they have to 'give their life' to something 'place their life into the hands of a deity' in order to cope. It is sad, tragic and depressing but at the same time it's a rough world out there so who can blame them. Some go for booze and drugs, others religion. It's all about a crutch to cope with existence which is a damn powerful thing to do on your own.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANTHONY33
Christianity came from ancient Sun Warship.

Jesus is literally the sun.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by ANTHONY33]

Sun wAr ship or is that WOrship?
I wouldn't want to make war with the Sun!
So, you're saying that, Jesus is 'Literally' the Sun?
if the Sun doesn't appear,I can tell you now,you wont be here for too long!
That's so smart of you to observe!
Ok,....
The thread starts off with ''what is it about Christianity?
BUT, the O.P won't allow any theological questions or answers...
So, how does this work?
Oh, I get it, another Christian bashing thread toward Christians!
Thank you!
That's another Prophecy come true for what is written in the supposedly ''Astrological'' book in which you quote/...

Seems God is Everywhere present!
Another prophecy and fact from the Bible!

Take care,
helen

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by helen670

Not sure what your point was but I am not Christian bashing. I am just making an informed observation which has ample historical and physical evidence to support.

Jesus is the sun personified

When you worship Jesus you should at least have the respect to understand what Jesus is, don't you think?

It is the church network/ franchise system that has distorted Christianity beyond a joke.
It's all about the money, control, war, suffering and expanding the empire. That is what it has become. Be a good little follower and pay us tax free for your ticket to Heaven Inc.
I would suggest a system reboot at the least is needed.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by ANTHONY33]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ANTHONY33

Hi/
I don't understand why some people choose to believe that Christianity is about power?
Jesus Christ does not ask for money or power or a free ticket to heaven if we follow Him.
Christianity is not about any of those things.
Power and money belongs on earth to those that love money more then loving Him who created all.
About the Sun Worship ....There are no historical facts except those with no knowledge of the truth.
helen

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by itinerantseeker

I have a large sense of humor. Even God has a sense of humor (or we wouldn't ) just look at the platypus or Mayan Calendar. (not end but start of something terrible.)

I don't mind having a good laugh, but Jesus wasn't just some guy who died on a cross for nothing. In fact if He did then we wouldn't still be listening. Romans even knew who Hwas after the earthquake. That's something no one mentions. Science and miracles. Science is truth, a miracle goes beyond that truth though. Jesus was literally breaking the laws of physics. Only the Son of God or someone powerful could do that. Why does the world have to be so bland and dull when there really is a God up there? However that does not mean He wanted His people to conquer everything for religion's sake. In fact Jesus didn't start a religion. Rather He simply proclaimed the big message of the Kingdom of Heaven. It's not here yet I know. That simply means that its the last days as people are more than ever against what Jesus did. You're simply fulfilling what He predicted would happen later. Scoffers will come in the last days saying "where is the promise of His coming?" The only reason you ignore the Biblical truth is because you don't want to accept that maybe God knows best for His favorite creation. That might just mean no sex before marriage. That means don't lie. That means material objects are useless. So?

EDIT: I forgot to capitalize some of the Hes. whoops.

[edit on 5/17/2009 by watchtheashes]

[edit on 5/17/2009 by watchtheashes]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Funny how they adopted communism so readily in the last century. Same basic marketing plan, make promises about a better life, a better society.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReelView
Funny how they adopted communism so readily in the last century. Same basic marketing plan, make promises about a better life, a better society.

Hi/
Who are They?
Same marketing plan?
Make promises about a better life,better society?
Who are they?
If you are referring to the Christians way of thinking then you have it all wrong!
No True Christian will promise you that.
Why?
Because Jesus Christ said that ///'' If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also. But all these things they will do to you for My name’s sake, because they do not know Him who sent Me.”
John 15:20-21
To be a Christian is not to be a slave to the World and the people that think they own it.
I dont know how communism works or their regime or who their god resembles but it is no way based on Christianity(if this is what you are referring to)
EDIT to add....
///The Lord Jesus Christ..“Remember the word that I said to you , ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ (for the above quote)

helen

[edit on 5/19/2009 by helen670]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
It's attribution. It introduces the idea that the world is just, and that humans suffer because Adam and Eve rebelled and brought sin into the world. It allows them to believe that there will eventually be justice, and that they will be the victor.

edit: I should also note that eastern beliefs provide attribution through the concept of karma.

It gives them answers, although not very good ones IMO.

There are others who enjoy feeling righteous, Christianity also provides that.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Miraj]

Its basically a way to give people peace of mind when they need it ( ie dark ages )

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join