It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel: Global Event on May 25, 2009

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by neilparnham

OK lets go with this hologram theory, matrix was still something regardless if it was a hoax life so what are the holograms from, why, who by, how, when, where and if thats true it still makes no sense because it means we dont drown we dont suffocate because air and water is just a hologram.
I think that theory is fun but too flawed in logic.

They have to go really careful with this one because they cant make out that there is no consequences in life or this world is going boobs up even more.

Remember they still only use the phrase "what if...!" as apposed to stating a fact that something isnt how we perceive it to be.
It still stinks of misguidance or a chorus of yawns followed by anger heard around the world.

I'm sticking to my super combi deluxe package theory.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I'm leaning toward a new History Channel series. The This Changes Everything page displays the "Countdown to the Premiere". "Premiere" is defined as "a first performance or exhibition (the premiere of a play)". TV shows are premiered.

If it is just a one-off documentary about monkey bones, none of the hype would fit. But it would make sense if they are premiering a new conspiracy series. Perhaps the first show of the series is about the missing link.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I can't believe this thread is still going on, IT'S ABOUT A HALF MONKEY SKULL THEY FOUND.

Good god, get over it fellas.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by h1satsu]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
maybe the creators of the sims are really intelligent life forms from a different universe and they gave us a basic version of their game to play on our pcs to better understand the universe and come 2012 their servers will need upgrading so they will have to restart them - so we wont exist for a bit. and what is lying in the museum is the holy sims bible manual

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Does anyone know the significance of July 11-12 1984? This date mean anything??

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I saw the first commercial during a program recorded on my DVR shortly after it first started airing on the history channel. I started reading this thread back when it was only one page and read it frequently so not to miss anything new, especially considering how quickly it grew. But, somewhere around page 19, info about the new york times article as well as others started to appear. It seems almost certain now that the news the History Channel is going to reveal will be about a newly discovered fossil that will be earth shattering for archeologists, and amazingly uninteresting for the rest of us. The spectacular audacity of the commercial gave me hope, along with many of you folks it seems, that they might reveal information that would genuinely be astounding, incredible, amazing.

Of course, from the word go I figured it was probably going to be bull, and hyped bull at that, Hyper-Bull™. But, the chance of there being something that would be truly shocking in our age of science and technology and proof.... up till page 19 my interest was nothing less than intense, then it faded like dust in the wind.

Anyway. The schedule for May 25 on the History Channel's website is missing a chunk of 12 hours.
www.history.com...

Using zap2tv.com you can view what programs they have slotted for the missing 12 hours, though the 2 hour time slot from 9pm to 11pm is still "To Be Announced". They are going to be airing (and apparently re-airing) the shows "Time Machine", "History's Mysteries" and "Modern Marvels". One odd thing, if you click on a show title you can review a list of all the times an episode of the show will come on and a description of each of the episodes (e.g. Modern Marvels) but when it comes to the episodes airing on the 25th there are no descriptions.

Link to History Channel Schedule
tvlistings.zap2it.com...

History Channel schedule
# 7:00 AM The Real West "The Johnson County War"
# 8:00 AM Time Machine
# 10:00 AM Time Machine
# 11:00 AM History's Mysteries
# 12:00 PM Time Machine
# 1:00 PM Modern Marvels
# 2:00 PM Time Machine
# 4:00 PM Time Machine
# 5:00 PM History's Mysteries
# 6:00 PM Time Machine
# 7:00 PM Modern Marvels
# 8:00 PM Decoding the Past "Mayan Doomsday Prophecy"
# 9:00 PM To Be Announced
# 11:00 PM Life After People "The Invaders"

With all the people looking I am surprised nobody else has come up with this info.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

Found this -
www.politico.com...

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CINY8

Thanks, that's about all I've been able to find also...

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Heres a pretty good read

www.lookupfellowship.com...

Mixed interpretations but quite in depth.
Includes a list of the events (albeit some flaws).

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

The world's population may double to 10 billion by 2050, with most of the increase in poorer, developing countries, whose economic growth may be held back, according to a forecast by the World Bank. The organization urged intensification of Government- sponsored population control programs. (Page A1, Column 3.) july 11 1984

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
How I love this site...

I fast forward my DirecTV to May 25, 2009. That commercial is advertisement for a show called Time Machine. IT takes a look back in time to KEY EVENTS!

Typical History Channel Hype!

Don't believe me, forward your DirecTV then.

--Charles Marcello

[edit on 16-5-2009 by littlebunny]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReasonX
New video found on the history channel hype. Im getting curious by the second.

january 28 1986 - Space Shuttle Challenger disaster
March 4, 1933 - Launching the New Deal
Kennedy Assassination - November 22, 1963
july 20 1969 - Apollo 11
United States presidential election, 2008 - nov 4 2008
1028 AD - end of the Byzantine Empire. Constantine VIII
july 11 -12 1984 - ?????????????
march 15 1246 --- ??????????

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
History Channel documentary on the primate at 9pm on May 25

As part of a heavily promoted publicity campaign, the skeleton will be displayed at a news conference on Tuesday at the American Museum of Natural History in New York; the History Channel plans a documentary on the primate at 9 p.m. on May 25; and Little Brown is bringing out a book. The Wall Street Journal published an article on Friday giving some scientific details of the discovery.

Bummer.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by fworkman]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
From abcnews:

abcnews.go.com...

Confirms that the show on the History Channel on the 25th is about The Link.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by fworkman

Yeh we went over that one, but the water and air part?
And it would be a bit of an insult to rank it up their with all them dates some of which was very tragic events.
Nobody would care if they found the missing link because it wont make a difference to the majority of us.
I know people who dont even know what the missing link means.
Cre/\tion day better not be about a damn lemur otherwise I find it a little sickening to assume a paleantologists dream find is something everyone is in to.
It wont change religious peoples beliefs, it doesnt add any extra credibility in the eyes of a creationist.
We can see evolutionary steps, I havent met a bible thumper who bothers to say "ah but the missing link!" they just wipe it off.
I believe in evolution, but then what came first the chicken or the egg and who put it there?
Nothing will be sorted, it will just erase the phrase missing link.

Time travel? nah, if its possible then we would know about it as we would have come back and told us. (yes even my head hurt with that sentence).

Alien contact decoded maybe?
Maybe the government caved in to the "you tell them or we will" threat.
And if they did then bwaackkbwockbwockkbokbwok *chicken impersonation*.
Just kidding it would mean others may come forward with "you tell them or we will" regarding everything kept from us that we should know about and thus make it a transparant government we all control as we should.

Just saw the above post.
Is it right for them to blow the whistle like that?
PS: If thats the case then boycott History channel and send complaints for there disappointing hype.
They could have just popped it on the news there was no reason for the hype and lies about it changing the belief of what we know in air and water.
GRRRRRRR I knew it would be that crap I was trying not to believe they would pull such a pathetic stunt.
Big deal monkey.
Changes nothing.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by keepithush]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

fast forward my DirecTV to May 25, 2009. That commercial is advertisement for a show called Time Machine. IT takes a look back in time to KEY EVENTS!

I can see the relevance of this based on the flashing of all the dates in both commercials/videos. What I don't get is the very beginning of the 2nd vid

"what if everything you knew was a lie" then it flashes the dates
followed by "OUR WATER" "OUR AIR" "OUR LIFE" "CREATION".

What all of this implies is... the speculation that all the date events listed are lies. Not only that but also our water, our air, our life and creation.

If it is a show called "time machine" then the show must take a look at these events and speculate what might have happened if these events never occurred. Which would be interesting however.........

The first vid, states that this will change history books, change the way we understand the human race and send shockwaves through the world. How could a show about fantasy speculation send shockwaves through the world.

I wonder if the 2 vids are about 2 separate things. The first vid about the monkey and the second vid about a new show

9pm-10pm = monkey/lemur
10pm-11pm = Time Machine

hella marketing

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
What's with the all seeing eye at the end of the second commercial? Maybe the illuminati is behind all of this

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Sorry for all my posts on this topic.
It better be more than a stupid missing link because that doesnt change everything, nor affect us all nor affect the dates shown, water and air.
Cant be a time machine because if they can change events then it would have already happened and we wouldnt have gone through them or at least know of them events because they would have been stopped already.
If they say they can do a time machine to effect events from NOW onwards only then thats a little plausible but it means we have to go through something and witness it being changed at the same time.
So if all of a sudden a guy appears in front of Obama to push him out of the way of an assassination then that was an event that happened so they changed it but then is that guy stuck in the present or can he go back to the future?
Also why would we need to rewrite history books and such?

I am desperately wanting it to be more still because the video makes no sense and a human/lemur combo isnt fitting the promise or making sense to the video description but then the ABC link earlier states clearly that is all it is.

Grr I am so confused because it seems to be lies and hype for something a bit well, boring and irrelevant to the most.
Doubt a starving child in a third world country would see it as anything changing to them especially.

If it is just the lemurman then let Geraldo host it.

This post is in memory of Charles Darwin
12 February 1809 - 19 April 1882
200 years since his birth.

Do these dates show in the clips?

[edit on 16-5-2009 by keepithush]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I wonder if ABC and other media outlets are allowed to create a cover for what this thing is really about... After all history sure does seem to want this thing to remain a secret until the 25th... So perhaps the media is lying.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brian777
perhaps the media is lying.

Never thought I'd say this but I hope they are this time.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join