It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel: Global Event on May 25, 2009

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
well...if that is the case

ok, we found the missing link, so it makes our LIFE false? or WATER false? or AIR false?

WHAT THE HECK the HC is saying.... they are nuts if this show is about this #

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
What if this discovery really is so big that the lemur stuff is being put out by them as disinfo to throw people off the trail until it premieres?

That second video definetly points to something bigger than the MSM reports of the lemur/primate fossil. If it is about this, maybe there is more to this fossil than has been reported so far.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Soldat401

Maybe it was found WITH something?
Tablets made of solid gold with writings in all modern languages of how we got here and how we came to be and the overall plan?
The body was found in a UFO?
An Xbox360 controller in its hand?
Statue of Liberties head found near by?
A time capsule with a note in with predictions including a header stating the date and time it would be found?

Has to be something that will turn everything we ALL have come to understand on its head.
Loads of people are with evolution so why is it significant to us.
I am over hyping myself with this because I am used to being let down so this is me setting myself up for a fall so I never take in media hype again.
I am already dubious to hype from the media and so this will help me tip off the boat completely.

It's almost worth making a thread called "Boycott the History Channel and BBC". I wont, but you get my point.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by keepithush]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Does anyone have a link to or info about the BBC commercial for the similar(probably the same) special? Are they hyping it the same way History Channel is? Anything different that might give us more clues?

Also, I'll wait until the 26th, but if there isn't anything more substantial than the news articles about the fossil that we've found, I will be the first one to join your boycott of History and BBC.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by Soldat401]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
This would be really dumb if it is a Lemur.

Am I to understand that they found one fossil and now the book is closed on this conversation? What a waste. I would definitely stop watching History if this is the case.
Even if they do this show, minus the marketing blitz, this would be a lame Missing Link.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Im really starting to believe that this actually just might be the greatest publicity stunt ever, ever.

Think about it, they placed the first televised ad (to my knowledge) between Monsterquest and UFO Hunters. The ad itself is brilliant in and of itself obviously all of the dates mentioned are extremely important and significant dates to almost all of its intended audience. Many of the dates mentioned have a vale of secrecy and mystery surrounding them; things commonly known even to those outside of the ATS/conspiracy/ect community. The Kennedy assassination, 9/11, the moon landing, the Challenger disaster, Obama being elected, as well as events with a less well known aura of mystery surrounding them like FDR being elected, and the sneak attack at Pearl Harbor just to name a few. My point is that they aired this during the block of shows which contain Monsterquest and UFO Hunters; so announcing an earth shattering, paradigm shifting discovery with all of those dates acting as examples of important events that this will supposedly eclipse during that particular block of shows is going to generate a huge amount of "buzz" and speculation of what this discovery could possibly be within the niche community/audience which generally watch those particular shows. This speculation and excitement is of course magnified in this particular community due to most of our community's inherent conspiracy/mystery (for lack of a better word) oriented minds. What i am trying to get at is that i believe that the History Channel has a done a magnificent job of advertising no matter if it turns out to be an ancient lemur or an ancient astronaut, either way they nailed their target audience/audiences (one of which is us) and definitely have created a gigantic amount of intrigue and excitement within them.

I tend to believe this is about The Link book, and the lemur-monkey missing link. However, the video i just watched that talks about everything being lies or what not, our water, our air, ect....this in addition to the fact i just watched angels and demons makes me wonder if it might be about the so called "God" particle. Although i think we all would have heard about this already. Anywho just thought i would throw that out there.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by The Loge]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by The Loge

I dont know hardly anything about the god particle so I will do some research.
I just thought it refered to something that cant be proven to exist but would seem to fit things together, a kind of missing link of the particle world.

Anyhoo, Yes they targeted well, they have got our attention, the problem is they now have the attention of the people who are the most in tune with the paranormal and such, this means they have to come up with an event that will please us too, if its something that should have aired between a documentary on Darwin and monkey business then they would have had the correct audience.
They have rattled our cages in the community of UFO's, ghosts, conspiracy theorists and such, They are ranking it up there with as big as 9.11.
I am sorry to say but if its the missing link then 9.11 rocked the world, WW2 rocked the world, lemur dude doesnt rock anyones world but paeliantology (I wish id look up how to spell that) and doesnt make me rethink air and water at all.
So if it is just a publicity stunt leading to a big anti-climax (and I agree your probably right) then they are disrespectful to all them events that took so many lives (as stated earlier) and will surely upset a few creationists out there sure, but will they change their beliefs? nah, because they will just say god put it there as a test.
I pay for a TV license, that license goes towards the BBC, I am already peaved I have to pay it for the absolute garbage TV they show (I dont watch TV but I need to pay it for the wife and kids) and this will be just another letdown by the BBC by joining in with such an over-hyped event that wont matter a jot to the majority of us.

Bigger than 9.11 or at least comparible, you have a lot to live up to or theres going to be a lot of angry complaints in the post.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
uk-tv-guide.com...

elizabethprata.blogspot.com...

Boycott the lot, file complaints and I find it disgusting that they rank that up with 9.11

I appologise on behalf of Great Britain for the disgusting choice to join in and suggest the finding of a skeleton of some hybrid monkey human lemur thing is comparible to 3,000 people dying in a tragic event.
I am affected to this day of the events of 9.11.
I will be affected by lemur bones for the 2 minutes that I take a glancing interest on the internet as I look at the remains and move on.
I also appologize on behalf of Britain for the millions of lives lost in WW2 an event that makes old age pensioners cry at the memories in sadness, regret, anger and horror being compared to a bunch of lemur bones.

I could go on, but I think the point is made, you wont get an appology from BBC or David Attenborough for helping make a bunch of bones comparable to such sad events in history.

That find is just like Obama, nothing changes.
Peace.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by keepithush]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
It's great how everyone brainstorms on the many topics here. It keeps things interesting... and sometimes leads to fascinating conclusions.

It's easy to go to extreme thinking when we hear terms such as "everything being a lie... " even though it's mentioned in a "what if..." scenario. When I mention the word hologram, I use the term loosely, (i.e. matrix, alternate reality)... anything in the way of 'things not being as they seem' ...hence the "lie" they speak of.

In all honesty though, the thing that makes me take a step back from this being anything we would all see as truly significant is... well... it's The History Channel.

I'm still curious what the subject will be since their commercial description seems to be intriguing, albeit, perhaps misleading.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I'd say to everybody - Wake Up.

Spooky Conspiracy stuff has hit mainstream.

It's like when the media discovered Rock & Roll.

So the same lame non-information speculative BS is repackaged and touted.

The History Channel is starved for viewers and subscribers.

The programmers will promise anything.

Actual history be damned. No on cares about old facts any more.

Welcome to the Golden Age on disinformation.

It sells.

Mike

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I wonder if they are hinting at our calendar being wrong, with all the significant dates being shown. maybe what they found we will have to rewrite our timeline as we know it and all the dates are now insignificant like "9/11" no longer being that date so what do we call it now? But saying that I don't know what that has to do with our air and water being a lie. I guess i will just have to watch and hope I will not be dissapointed.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Purely Hypothetical...
........They found the cavern beneath the sphinx that Edgar Cayce predicted....It has an alien body (not lemur) entombed from 44 million years ago... so we get disclosure kind of (ancient disclosure) no need to panic for now......then we have a few months to get used to the idea of aliens having visited millions of years ago......then the flu hits again in October.... ...worldwide panic and strife......then modern aliens show up as good guys......still no reason to panic yet.......then..(blank)..then...(blank)......NWO....alien slave harvest....(insert thread topic of your choice here)........you get the idea.

We can bring it all together into one giant conspiracy!

[edit on 17-5-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael

Welcome to the Golden Age on disinformation.

It sells.

Mike

I believe this show will be about the discoveries within the book "The Link", whatever they are.

Nevertheless, knowing what is true, and what has been fed to us again as disinformation, to possibly mesmerize the masses to achieve a specific agenda, needs great research and discernment in this current age of disinformation.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I scrolled forward on my Guide all the way to that date and time on History channel and its the only cell before or after that time of all the channels that reads To Be Announced. And the cell extends a considerable amount of hours.

Rather interesting with all the hubbub surrounding that date and time and channel now.

Yeah I GUESS it could be nothing.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   

but it has characteristics that suggest a relationship both to primates and humans.

I was reading this here and was thinking, could they find some type of tampering with "evolution"...meaning someone or something is playing god.....an so this is what I saw...

...notice anything? I only had seconds to hit the print screen button...

Thought Id share this....ohh, look at the time....

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
There's so much evidence pointing to it being about the missing Link , but if it is those ads and the history channel themselves really need to rethink what there doing

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I wouldnt put it past the NWO to televise their takeover, and finally let us know we are all prisoners and we will be killed like cattle- pick up hours to the camps, what times the trains will be running and kiss your arses goodbye.

The History Channel would love to spring that one on the populace.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
The missing link?

That's more important than us going to the moon and those other dates?

What a load of crap.

That doesn't effect me (or probably anyone else)

Earth-shattering my left nut.

Maybe if they find that monkey's DNA was genetically altered.....

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I can't begin to understand how the missing link would make everything I've ever known a lie, especially the air. It doesn't make sense at all. I'm not sure if it will be about the missing link. If it is though, those commercials are severely pretentious.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadoefax

Premiere also relates to a one off show first broadcast on a station the term is used all the time here in the UK.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join