It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knights of Columbus License Plate

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by chief_counsellor

Dont you think that everyone should know the words in your oath that state " Smashing the heads of new born protestant children against the wall "

Your organisation is sick to the core!

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by WonkoTheSane
The Knights of Columbus are a pathetic frat.

Everyone I know who has been associated with the Knights of Columbus has been -

- 'older gentlemen' (older ... like 50-80)

- very nice. Polite. Helpful.

- involved in light weight charity opportunities .. like holding a chicken dinner in the church hall in order to make some $$$ for the local childrens hospital.

There is nothing pathetic about that. It's a nice get together group for the older men of the church. Would you rather they were out drinking and attending stip clubs .. or plotting how to blow up airplanes ... ??
They are happy. Their wives are happy. They get in some NICE social time. They do good charity work. The end.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Is it only catholic charities they support?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dismas

Dimsas?? As in St. Dismas?? Must be. Not many people know of that saint. His story is actually one of my favorites.
Pop quiz ... who is guestus? If you can answer that without using google .. I'll be impressed!

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Gravity

Dont you think that everyone should know the words in your oath that state " Smashing the heads of new born protestant children against the wall "

Your organisation is sick to the core!

now that is quite a claim. I don't suppose you have any....Oh...I don't know.....proof do you?
I am sure nobody from the KOC is going to be printing their oaths for us to read, but surely there is proof of such a bold statement.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

My father found the oath under floorboards while renovating a member of the Knight of St Colombus's house, i can assure you it's true! I couldn't believe it myself at the time but after really looking into the catholic church and various other catholic organisations i.e the Jesuits, it dosent suprise me at all now. I notice that Chief_Councellor didnt have anything to say about my comment??? Why do you think that is?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Why do you think that is?

My guess is that he hasn't seen it yet. I know a few men who are in the KOC and this is one of those things that just cannot be true. And with nothing more than your word on it, I am afraid I will not believe it. I see all kinds of stuff like that spread about masonry and I know it for fact to be false, so until you can prove this, I will file it in the BS category.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

My father found the oath under floorboards while renovating a member of the Knight of St Colombus's house...

Can you please scan and post this? Thank you.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

The document was forwarded to the local newspaper who decided to ignore it, it hasnt been seen since! You just gotta take my word for it, if you dont that's ok that's your prerogative but all that really matters to me is that i know for a fact and im happy with that and that is what i base my judgement of these people on. If i did have the document it would have been on the web a long time ago. Oh and did you notice Chief_Councellor still hasnt protested the statement!!! I think you can take that silence as an admission of guilt.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I have searched the web and found this and i can assure you 100% this is the oath that i read all those years ago. I did not think it would be anywhere online but here it is in the convolutions for tea paragraph.....

www.davidicke.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I cannot say that I have really heard of the KFC, I mean KoC. Are they just based in the USA or are these guys world wide. I suppose that Google is my best friend, however, I wanted to hear from here first.

Hi NetworkDude I hope you are well.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I find certain issues in this thread offensive. (Catholicism will take over the world, etc)

Protestent till the day I die. (and then beyond)

But above all, Christian.

Amen.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   

I was alright with this thread until I saw you saying Catholics will take over the world.
I don't think any one religion will ever take over the world. I don't have a religion because I have my own beliefs.
And the name sounds ridiculous, Knights Of Columbus? Sounds like a clan straight out of runescape.
You run around chasing each other with swords or?

Cheers
Brady

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Uncle Gravity

Wow holy sht....this is one of those hardcore things that will be neither approved nor denied....good find, UG.
Second line

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

The document was forwarded to the local newspaper who decided to ignore it, it hasnt been seen since! You just gotta take my word for it...

Figures.

Oh and did you notice Chief_Councellor still hasnt protested the statement!!! I think you can take that silence as an admission of guilt.

Oh, and did you notice that he has not logged on since October?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

Oh also since it is Knights of Columbus do you guys get to know any secret intel about Chris Columbus that the rest of us do not know? I am not asking for the information since I am sure that would be forbidden but are you allowed to confirm the existence of any? Thanks.

I'd be happy to give you some info that isn't in your US history books! He was nowhere near the first person to find the new continent. Actually his people were just about the last people to map and confirm the territory of Northern America.

He was a fanatical Christian, and his true mission had nothing to do with trade routes, and everything to do with bringing the word of Christ to the world, because he believed he was specifically chosen to bring about the "1000 Year Reign."

He faced down several mutinies, and the most serious attempt at mutiny was only halted by some very lucky timing when they finally spotted land! (Maybe he was blessed?)

There is a lot of dispute about whether or not he ever touched the mainland. He certainly did not touchdown on the mainland on the first trip, and more than likely he never did discover the main continent.

His logs show that despite his fanatical faith, he also believed in sea monsters, mermaids, and other imaginery creatures, and he witnessed several himself!

There is plenty of Columbus information on ATS, and my University offers an entire course on the myth that was Columbus. Pretty interesting stuff. He would have made a wonderful modern Politician though!

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I have searched the web and found this and i can assure you 100% this is the oath that i read all those years ago. I did not think it would be anywhere online but here it is in the convolutions for tea paragraph.....

www.davidicke.com...

I read that page, didn't see it, then I did a search on that page for "smash" and "children" and "convolutions" and nothing came up.

Can you post the relavent part that you are referring to? I have a feeling this is one of those mis-interpretations that we Masons are all too familiar with.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I found this in Scribd Oath

believe it as you wish.
I'll look harder for evidence if this is any.

eta: This offers a counter view oath was a fake
edit on 19/11/10 by shadow watcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by shadow watcher

Now that is a SCARY OATH!

I could never take that oath under any circumstance!!

declare and swear that His Holiness the Pope, is Christ's vice regent and is the true and only head of the Catholic or Universal Church throughout the earth; and that by virtue of the keys of binding and loosing given His Holiness by my Savior, Jesus Christ, he hath power to depose heretical kings, princes, States, Commonwealths, and Governments and they may be safely destroyed. Therefore to the utmost of ray power I will defend this doctrine and His Holiness's right and custom against all usurpers

I do further promise and declare that I will have no opinion or will of my own or any mental reservation whatsoever, even as a corpse or cadaver (perinde ac cadaver), but will unhesitatingly obey each and every command that I may receive from my superiors in the militia of the Pope and of Jesus Christ."

"I do further promise and declare that I will, when opportunity presents, make and wage relentless war, secretly and openly against all heretics, Protestants and Masons, as I am directed to do to extirpate them from the face of the whole earth; and that I will spare neither age, sex, or condition, and that will hang, bum, waste, boil, flay, strangle, and bury alive these infamous heretics; rip up the stomachs and wombs of their women, and crush their infants' heads against the wails in order to annihilate their execrable race. That when the same can not be done openly, I will secretly use the poisonous cup, the strangulation cord, the steel of the poniard, or the leaden bullet, regardless of the honor, rank, dignity, or authority of the persons, whatever may be their condition in life, either public or private, as I at any time may be directed so to do by any agents of the Pope or superior of the Brotherhood of the Holy Father of the Society of Jesus."

Scary Stuff!!

I think that this Oath is attributed to the IRA militias, and not the actual Knights of Columbus in the United States, but I could be wrong.

EDIT
OK, Shadow Watcher's second post states that the oath linked to is a fake one, but even the part about having no other opinion other than the opinion prescribed by the Church would be enough to turn me away.

I have taken and given all the Masonic Obligations, and I guarantee there was nothing in those Oaths that gave me any pause or reason to not take them. I did swear any allegiances, and I didn't promise to not disagree, or to hold any single person as the sole agent of any God.

Can we get some real KoC in here to tell us just how fake this Oath is? Is any of it similar?
edit on 19-11-2010 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-11-2010 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I never knew that there was such animosity towards the Masons (if that oath is indeed true).
Sometimes I wonder if the beliefs of old have been somewhat diluted over time and the modern clubs are just shells of those beliefs moreso than secret evil plotting. I have a hard time envisioning these members being a sleeper cell of sorts where they will spring into action upon hearing the call.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join