It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knights of Columbus License Plate

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangeman dave

He may be joking to yous about wanting to rule the world again but this is in their beliefs to make America a Catholic Country which is already happening

Not likely. The Catholic Church is in decline. We now live in a secularized post-Christian world. Churches are quickly becoming relics of the past, both Catholic and Protestant.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

Yes, the Catholic Church may be in decline but the Vatican/Holy See continues to use it's considerable Spiritual Power to influence Temporal Power.

Remember, Remember the fifth of November...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I wonder how a good humored thread about a license plate became another thread with hate-filled comments against Christianity, specially Catholicism.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Unfort just another sad little person that needs some kind of status in order to feel better about themselves and try prove to other how important they are over other people....

good luck with that

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
OP make sure to get your ordo templi orientalis emblem to complete your inverted dove duo!

COLLECT EM ALL..

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by deessell

The Catholic Church is not in decline. It is growing in Asia, South America, Central America and Africa. In St. Petersburg Florida, there will be 35 new priests ordained! This is the highest number in 25 years. The Holy Spirit is moving peoples hearts.

The world Catholic means universal...and the truth is, everyone is already catholic, they just don't know it yet. We do not convert people, we bring them back home. It is all in the Gospel according to St. John.

The Catholic Church will never rule the world and makes no attempt to do so. The Catholic Church attempts to shepherd and teach the people of earth about the Love of God. We believe Jesus will come again and He will rule the world, and then everyone will have peace and know God.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkElvis
I wonder how a good humored thread about a license plate became another thread with hate-filled comments against Christianity, specially Catholicism.

What is the difference between Catholicism and Christianity again? I mean i understand the difference between Catholicism and Protestantism and Calvinism and Lutheran and even evangelicals...but isn't Catholicism and Christianity the same thing...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bushidomason

It's not "THEIR" Christianity, so it's therefore not real Christianity.
And probably evil.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider

And probably evil.

So it's an idol-worshipping (see all the statues/figurines of the 'virgin' Mary) neo-Roman cult that appropriated the 'religions' of those they conquered and manipulated them to their own ends as opposed to....oh wait!

Zombie religions/death cults abound. This one is nothing special.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Hey what happens if someone does not want to convert and be ruled? Like me myself I would prefer to not be a Catholic. What happens to me? Also watching a Masons versus Knights sporting event would be pretty cool. Like a NSA versus DHS match.

Oh also since it is Knights of Columbus do you guys get to know any secret intel about Chris Columbus that the rest of us do not know? I am not asking for the information since I am sure that would be forbidden but are you allowed to confirm the existence of any? Thanks.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by bushidomason

What is the difference between Catholicism and Christianity again? I mean i understand the difference between Catholicism and Protestantism and Calvinism and Lutheran and even evangelicals...but isn't Catholicism and Christianity the same thing...

There are several differences. One of the main ones is that we (Catholics) believe in Sacred Scripture (the Bible), as well as Sacred Tradition (Protestants generally believe in Sacred Scripture only and not our traditions).

We believe that Jesus himself founded the Catholic Church. In Matthew 16:18, Jesus calls Peter his "rock" and says that he will build his Church upon this rock. He goes on to say that he will give Peter the keys to heaven, and that whatever he holds true on Earth, Jesus will hold in heaven (I'm paraphrasing, do a Google search for Matthew 16:18-19 to read it for yourself). Our Popes succeed St. Peter through apostolic succession.

We don't worship idols or anyone other than God. Many of the statues or items people have referred to are merely reminders of the particular event they represent. For example, someone mentioned the doves. The dove represents the Holy Spirit.

There are many misconceptions about the Church, but if you want to learn more just send me a message. And no, I'm not trying to convert anyone. I just hate misinformation and I'm always ready to set the record straight.

As for the Knights of Columbus, I'm still trying to join them. I know this is a conspiracy theorists forum, so I'm not going to argue all of your theories. Some of you are really out there though; I'm going to enjoy my stay here lol.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Oh my God! Wow! it's like getting a tattoo, or pasting Hanna Montana stickers all over my van! ...or a nosepiercing!
well just be careful what you worship, it might not be Godly, not that there's anything wrong with it. I don't know.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

As for the Knights of Columbus, I'm still trying to join them. I know this is a conspiracy theorists forum, so I'm not going to argue all of your theories. Some of you are really out there though; I'm going to enjoy my stay here lol.

That's great news I hope none of the negative nonsense posted in here will deter you from joining. I'm sure it will be a great experience. Let me know when you get your first degree so I can welcome you as a brother!

CC

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by chief_counsellor
Well, a month ago I got Knights of Columbus license plates on my car. Been wanting to do that for a long time. Now I finally have them, I'm very proud and happy. I also bought a 4th degree emblem and fixed that to the rear of the car as well. As a result, I have a new prospect to the Knights from my work that noticed the plates and asked how to join. Good results so far.

A freind of mine wants to take the 4th degree emblem and stick it on his car when he gets a car thinking he can get out of speeding tickets and other fines. LOL.

I did not have K of C plates at the time that I got pulled over last, but I did mention that I was coming from a Knights of Columbus meeting, and he let me off for not stoping at a stop sign. Don't know if mentioning the K of C had anything to do with it, but maybe.

Now when I see a person with Freemason emblems on his car, I try to get in front of him somehow so he can see my K of C emblems. LOL

I have to be careful how I conduct myself when I drive now, because I'm representing the K of C on the road. I try not to park in any place that would not be "Knightly" as well....but I have a freind that lives right beside a XXX video store, and adult store. Man, I hope people don't think I'm there to visit those places, but maybe they do. Can't help that he lives in that area of town. I don't visit him that often and make sure I park in front of his apartment, and not in front of the XXX video store. However sometimes there is no room in front of his place.

Man, the perks of having a Fraternal emblem on your car. You have to realize that other people will associate you with the organization your advertising on your car!!!

So watch out for me! If you see a car with Knights of Columbus plates it will be either me or another brother in that vehicle!!!

Very, very boring. Seriously. Get laid, get drunk, be happy more often. Life is more than just license plates buddy.

Grab yourself a cookie if it makes you feel better tho.

Cheers.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by Ben Niceknowinya]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by bushidomason

I didn't say there was a difference. I was referring to other posters focusing their attack on Catholicism or the Catholic Church.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

And probably evil.

Originally posted by aorAki

And probably evil.

So it's an idol-worshipping (see all the statues/figurines of the 'virgin' Mary) neo-Roman cult that appropriated the 'religions' of those they conquered and manipulated them to their own ends as opposed to....oh wait!

Zombie religions/death cults abound. This one is nothing special.

That's exactly the attitude I'm referring to when people attack and antagonize those of us who believe, just because their deep hatred towards religion or believers.

Where did I say, "Our Christianity"?, "real Christianity" or other Christian denominations "being evil"?

Don't twist my words into your hate filled views. You hate religion, that's your decision, but don't antagonize and add your opinions as if those are my thoughts.

[edit on 5/20/2009 by DarkElvis]

[edit on 5/20/2009 by DarkElvis]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkElvis

I wasn't referring to you, and in fact I didn't mean my post in a offensive manner.
What I mean, is in reference to the people who view their beliefs as the only true light, and reject even the slightest variance.
I've heard similar lashing out against Protestants, Mormons, Evangelicals, ect.
In a similar fashion, there's a lot of similar hate between Christians, Jews, and Muslims. Remarkably, they each have a lot in common, but between them, have the most anger it seems.

As for the Catholic Church getting so much flak... to a point, it deserves it. Historically the Institution of the Church has made a lot of bad decisions, and as such has alienated a lot of people.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Missing Blue Sky
reply to post by deessell

The Catholic Church is not in decline. It is growing in Asia, South America, Central America and Africa. In St. Petersburg Florida, there will be 35 new priests ordained! This is the highest number in 25 years. The Holy Spirit is moving peoples hearts.

The world Catholic means universal...and the truth is, everyone is already catholic, they just don't know it yet. We do not convert people, we bring them back home. It is all in the Gospel according to St. John.

The Catholic Church will never rule the world and makes no attempt to do so. The Catholic Church attempts to shepherd and teach the people of earth about the Love of God. We believe Jesus will come again and He will rule the world, and then everyone will have peace and know God.

I don't believe the Church is in fact growing. You mention it is growing in third world countries where the promise of a better life in the next still gives hope to the hopeless. Hope beats nothing but not by much. In countries where the promise has found to be empty the Church is in retreat. How many closed in Boston and NY lately? New parishes are only where the influx of third worlders, many illegal, is happening and those people are still mesmerized by the promise because this life sucks for them even after escaping to the US. How many new US priests are now imported from these third world countries? Most, because after the pedophiles hit the fan people woke up here. But the priesthood is still a plane ticket to the US for many.

The Catholic Church causes people in misery to accept their misery. This instead of rising up against tyranny and injustice and taking what is rightfully theirs.

Hell's Angel

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by chief_counsellor

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon
reply to post by chief_counsellor

If I were you, I'd stick with the plate and/or something that doesn't adhere to the paint on your car. I have the Square and Compasses on my trunk lid and while proud to have them there, it didn't occur to me until the sticker was well and truly fixed in place that one of these days, I may want to either sell or trade-in said vehicle and that the sticker may affect the sale. Mind you, I plan to drive the sucker into the ground so it shouldn't be an issue in the long run.

Just a thought. YMMV

Fitz

Yeah, I thought about that too before I put the emblem on the car. About resale. However, I think I'll keep this car till it dies as well. Or maybe when I'm ready to sell, I'll find a 4th degree member that will want to buy my car. LOL

Well CC, I now don't have to worry about the Square and Compasses emblem pealing the paint off the trunk of my car. All you have to do is find a cooperative hit-and-run tanker truck driver to total your car for you.

New car has the S&C on the back window

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
An uncle of mine is in the KoC

And hes also apart of the sicilian mob. He once recounted to my father how hisi nitation into it was in his word "the most embarassing thing hes ever had to go through"

So much for it being a good ol' boy frat..

Theres nothing in this world more corrupt that the Vatican (rome in hebrew actually means 'haughtiness') and unfortunately for some many of you who believbe differently, masonry, KoC and all the other 'secret' societies.

Not saying all its members are corrupt, though i am saying particular chapters are a part of a great network of illuminati.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join