It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knights of Columbus License Plate

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Well, a month ago I got Knights of Columbus license plates on my car. Been wanting to do that for a long time. Now I finally have them, I'm very proud and happy. I also bought a 4th degree emblem and fixed that to the rear of the car as well. As a result, I have a new prospect to the Knights from my work that noticed the plates and asked how to join. Good results so far.

A freind of mine wants to take the 4th degree emblem and stick it on his car when he gets a car thinking he can get out of speeding tickets and other fines. LOL.

I did not have K of C plates at the time that I got pulled over last, but I did mention that I was coming from a Knights of Columbus meeting, and he let me off for not stoping at a stop sign. Don't know if mentioning the K of C had anything to do with it, but maybe.

Now when I see a person with Freemason emblems on his car, I try to get in front of him somehow so he can see my K of C emblems. LOL

I have to be careful how I conduct myself when I drive now, because I'm representing the K of C on the road. I try not to park in any place that would not be "Knightly" as well....but I have a freind that lives right beside a XXX video store, and adult store. Man, I hope people don't think I'm there to visit those places, but maybe they do. Can't help that he lives in that area of town. I don't visit him that often and make sure I park in front of his apartment, and not in front of the XXX video store. However sometimes there is no room in front of his place.

Man, the perks of having a Fraternal emblem on your car. You have to realize that other people will associate you with the organization your advertising on your car!!!

So watch out for me! If you see a car with Knights of Columbus plates it will be either me or another brother in that vehicle!!!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
The Knights of Columbus are a pathetic frat. Christopher Columbus was in reality what we could call a "rapist", and in more ways than one. I'm sorry but I DO NOT BELIEVE in pushing your religious views on children in school. Yeah thats what your frat is most well known for these days. If a parent wants there child to go to school to learn religion, there are many schools for that kind of thing. The entire story behind Columbus is a freaking LIE. Do some real research. Basically if you want to be a brainwashed Catholic that needs constant reassurance, and loves to push their beliefs onto other people, than the KOC are for you.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by WonkoTheSane
The Knights of Columbus are a pathetic frat. Christopher Columbus was in reality what we could call a "rapist", and in more ways than one. I'm sorry but I DO NOT BELIEVE in pushing your religious views on children in school. Yeah thats what your frat is most well known for these days. If a parent wants there child to go to school to learn religion, there are many schools for that kind of thing. The entire story behind Columbus is a freaking LIE. Do some real research. Basically if you want to be a brainwashed Catholic that needs constant reassurance, and loves to push their beliefs onto other people, than the KOC are for you.

Well said Good sir.
Why would you want to show people that you are affiliated to the biggest Mass Murderers in history!

[edit on 14-5-2009 by orangeman dave]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by chief_counsellor

If I were you, I'd stick with the plate and/or something that doesn't adhere to the paint on your car. I have the Square and Compasses on my trunk lid and while proud to have them there, it didn't occur to me until the sticker was well and truly fixed in place that one of these days, I may want to either sell or trade-in said vehicle and that the sticker may affect the sale. Mind you, I plan to drive the sucker into the ground so it shouldn't be an issue in the long run.

Just a thought. YMMV

Fitz

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangeman dave
Well said Good sir.
Why would you want to show people that you are affiliated to the biggest Mass Murderers in history!

What gives you the gall to call us mass murderers, a highly edified order like the K of C has no history of killing anyone.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Well, besides, we want to convert the entire world to become Catholic anyways. It will be a better world when Catholics rule the world. We did once and we will again.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon

If I were you, I'd stick with the plate and/or something that doesn't adhere to the paint on your car. I have the Square and Compasses on my trunk lid and while proud to have them there, it didn't occur to me until the sticker was well and truly fixed in place that one of these days, I may want to either sell or trade-in said vehicle and that the sticker may affect the sale. Mind you, I plan to drive the sucker into the ground so it shouldn't be an issue in the long run.

Just a thought. YMMV

Fitz

Yeah, I thought about that too before I put the emblem on the car. About resale. However, I think I'll keep this car till it dies as well. Or maybe when I'm ready to sell, I'll find a 4th degree member that will want to buy my car. LOL

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by chief_counsellor

Well, besides, we want to convert the entire world to become Catholic anyways. It will be a better world when Catholics rule the world. We did once and we will again.

You are joking, aren't you?
....no, really, you are joking?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I live right next door to the Knights of Columbus and no offense but they are just a bunch of old farts the wont keep the heck off my property, always parking in my back yard. lol. In my town no one could give a damn less about the KofC and it certainly wouldn't get you out of a ticket here. Hopefully it all works out to your benefit and you can keep getting out of tickets. Good luck!!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by WonkoTheSane the KOC are for you.

I am really hoping that you are joking........I guess your not.
But that is pretty funny!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Lets hope you good guys don't use war indulgences again as you did in the crusades to make up for all the innocent killing you have done. Also for all the witch burning and suppression of freedom of thought and belief. Also to the destruction of multiple cultures and groups as you spread your Religion, no...wait "force" your religion on others. I hope to God the Catholic church does not run the world or any Religion for that matter. The Catholic church has a dark past that can never be made up. The council of Trent (Response to the Reformation and the Protestant movement) is a good example of how a few men can determine what is law and what people can say and do. Keeping people in fear to hold your power is no way to run a planet.

Is anyone else besides me disturbed by the saying "God-Fearing Man"?

Isn't God suppose to be a blessing, rather then a burden?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangeman dave
Well said Good sir.

What gives you the gall to call us mass murderers, a highly edified order like the K of C has no history of killing anyone.

Can you read, see the world Affiliated!! To the Biggest mass murderers in History are they not my god they have converted murdered and been at war with anyone that doesn't take their view of things.

What do yous mean rule the world again yous already are look at the amount of your members in Congress.

As for it being a better place when yous were in power tell that to all the poor souls killed by your church for just wanting to read the bible!

He may be joking to yous about wanting to rule the world again but this is in their beliefs to make America a Catholic Country which is already happening with Latin Immigration and the Catholic church is very sympathetic to this and has a hand in it.

Better watch what im saying hear or you will get them that you take your oath to The Milita of the Jesuits to slay me.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by orangeman dave]

[edit on 16-5-2009 by orangeman dave]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   

One more addition to your Ford Edsel?Or Volvo: CHILD ON BOARD

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Sir Knight, congratulations on your K of C accomplishments. I would warn against flaunting your fraternity in front of Masons and the general public like rival street gangs. I would hope your fraternal emblems were not meant to establish territory or act as "get out jail free" cards. Even if they were, it's largely your actions and attitude that makes them that.

I have family members and friends in my former parish that are Knights and in general these men and their families did good works for others. I have always questioned the intentions behind those works and so never joined although I was invited numerous times. I am no longer a Catholic but I will wish you well in your service to others the group's intentions aside. I think that most Knights, like most Masons don't know the true intentions of these organizations.

Sholom aleichem!

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hemisphere

Sir Knight, congratulations on your K of C accomplishments. I would warn against flaunting your fraternity in front of Masons and the general public like rival street gangs. I would hope your fraternal emblems were not meant to establish territory or act as "get out jail free" cards. Even if they were, it's largely your actions and attitude that makes them that.

Not the case at all, I'm just as proud of the Knights of Columbus as Freemasons are of their order. K of C and Freemasons are not rivals in my city. We march with them during the November 11th Remembrance day parade every year. There use to be Knights vs Masons golf tournaments as well, I saw a golf trophy in a K of C hall dedicated as such.

I was joking about driving in front of a freemason and showing them the emblems on the back of my car. That would be dangerous actually, and probably land me a ticket for reckless driving.

The Knights of Columbus are highly respected where I live, in their dedication to help the poor and needy. We donate many hours of physical labour to the community in our spare time, and are known to be counted on in times of need.

Each council has their own local charities that they donate to our volunteer for. Charity is our first principle, and being charitable is at the heart of every Knight of Columbus.

Every month the "Columbia" publishes some of the efforts and works of K of C members around the world. I am very proud of their accomplishments and to be associated with such a respected organization.

Tidbit of info, did you know that the captain of the ship that were involved in the rescue from Somali Pirates earlier this year is a Knight of Columbus?

Commander Castellano

As well as Catholics overtaking the world, we number at over 1 Billion worldwide

Population of Catholics in the World 2006

There are about 6.7 Billion people in the world

World Facts 2009

You should be afraid, very afraid. LOL. Don't worry we don't burn people at the stake anymore. We use wet noodles now, much more effective.

CC

[edit on 16-5-2009 by chief_counsellor]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I'd be worried about having some loon trying to run me down for being a member of a "masonic" like group by displaying the K C plates!

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

LOLOLOLOLOL.....Anybody who wants to Rule the world is not good for this world. Because you want to control what was here before you were is just wrong in so many ways. Just because your way works for you, does not mean it is the only way. ( Just actually saw a stargate episode from season 1 that was about this )

Anyways yea if you want people to take you seriously then I wouldn't post comments like the one above.

Unless you were joking

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

Well said Lucid! I guess though that any fratenity that has an ex-brown shirt as its figure-head, would probably have this deeply ingrained desire.
And I suppose its no-wonder why the Cath. church remained Neutral through-out WWII.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Nice 1 Sir Kight!

Everybody has a right to express themself and your sure doing a fine job. ATS amazes me with the fact as soon as a secret society is mentioned a select few will start calling fowl, murderer, child eater I can only feel sorry for these guy's.

I for one don't currently drive, I live in London and would suffer 'road rage' so in the intrest of public safety avoid that at all cost's. I will admit that I can't wait to move on from here get my licence 'African' and then request to become a member of my rotary club, round table and start collecting my badges for the battle bus.

Asking out of intrest is there a protocal for the dispaly of these badges?

Good Luck Sir Kight and hope those gatso's and radar gun's are as forgiving as the kindly police in your area.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join