It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor Tazered by Border Patrol w/Video

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Yeah, I would like to know how he gets the tapes from the border patrol check points.

I can understand this happening once or twice. But this man is like a magnet. Something else is going on here.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

So the fact that this man reads about "police brutality" on a daily basis... realizes that he happens to go through border patrol checkpoints on a fairly frequent basis (which he does since he travels), decides it might be a good idea to keep a camcorder in his car.... he is an attention monger?

My cell phone takes very nice video, and I have it on me always... so if I decide to film some incident, no mater what it was, I am an attention monger?

Welcome to the 21st century, this crap has been going on for years.... now with more cameras everywhere, it is seen more and more. that does not make it right, or justify the actions.

If the man had not filmed this incident.... it would still be grievous overkill of the situation, only nobody would have seen it.

Law enforcement should be tested daily... the ones who cant do the job the correct way, have no business with the authority and power of lethal force.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

The immediate thing that comes to mind is that he is looking for a big payout. I guess the pastor business doesn't pay too well?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

Yeah, I would like to know how he gets the tapes from the border patrol check points.

I can understand this happening once or twice. But this man is like a magnet. Something else is going on here.

Because this case is going to court. They had to release the video to him for his defence team to look at.

The officers in that video have no chance of winning in a court room. No matter what chain of events brought the man to the checkpoint, as soon as the BO's went over the line, they lost the case.

That is the whole point of it. Abuse of power, because they got angry.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by jd140

The immediate thing that comes to mind is that he is looking for a big payout. I guess the pastor business doesn't pay too well?

Thats what I'm thinking too.

I visited his church site that leads to his wifes blog.

As far as I can tell the pastor job is his only job and he has 4 kids. You can sue as many times as you want, it only takes one win to make you a millionare.

Edit to add-

Just caught a tid bit in his wifes blog that he is in the fire alarm buisness. That is why he has to travel. Why he needs to travel in a fire alarm buisness is still a mystery.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by jd140]

another edit to add it is 5 kids not 4.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by jd140]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic
So the fact that this man reads about "police brutality" on a daily basis... realizes that he happens to go through border patrol checkpoints on a fairly frequent basis (which he does since he travels), decides it might be a good idea to keep a camcorder in his car.... he is an attention monger?

Or, since he frequently goes through border checkpoints, he should be aware that every day is different irt what to expect. Maybe they are on high alert that particular day?

My cell phone takes very nice video, and I have it on me always... so if I decide to film some incident, no mater what it was, I am an attention monger?

No, and you are being intentionally obtuse, imo. Doesn't is seem strange to you that many people pass through border checkpoints hundreds of times a year without incident, yet this yahoo attracts negative attention wherever he goes?

If the man had not filmed this incident.... it would still be grievous overkill of the situation, only nobody would have seen it.

No 'grievous overkill' here. What I saw was an individual - possibly armed, possibly a fugitive from justice - sitting in a car with locked doors and windows who expected to agents to tap-dance to his every request.

Emeraldzeus said it right - the approach is key. You can either act like an adult and make the incident painless and short, or you can be an attention whore like the pastor and waste resources and endanger the lives of everyone in the area.

It's a matter of maturity, really.

And I'd like someone to answer jd140's question: What exactly is his job? Baptist preachers aren't required to travel extensively. This yoyo was trolling for trouble.

Law enforcement should be tested daily... the ones who cant do the job the correct way, have no business with the authority and power of lethal force.

They are tested daily. Their lives are on the line every day they go to work. They don't need silly 'tests' from attention whores added to their workload.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
since when is it a crime to troll for trouble???

why are posts being wasted on the pointless??

what is the point of this thread?

is the point of this thread on the pastor or how the law enforcement handles the situation??

why are there pages of people arguing about the guys damn job?? what the hell does it matter?

why are people so short sighted that they think this guy is the only one this kind of thing happens to???

this is just one person who had it caught on camera, this kind of thing happens all the time, it seems every week theres a new story in the news about this sort of thing

what difference does it make what his job is

the point is

theres border patrol

theres procedures

lets talk about the procedures

if you want to argue that what the cops did was right, then argue it

but dont waste time acting like some big oil lawyer trying to change the subject at hand

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Yeah, this guy and his wife are nutjobs.

I just finished skimming through their church page and his wifes blogs. One blog by his wife was about how some people treat their dogs to good, because they buy them good food and toys. She goes on to say that it is wrong to treat them like children.

I'm a big dog lover and I didn't know that you could show your dog to much affection.

That kind of irked me.

Read the rest for yourselves, these people are nuts.

www.faithfulwordbaptist.org...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
WOW!!! After reading this ladys blog I am now worried for the safety of her poor children. She sounds like she's about five minutes from taking her little babys into the bathroom one at a time a drowning them. And IF they survive being home schooled by these whackos were gonna have five more whackos to worry about instead of just one stupid preacher and his brain dead wife.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

First here is the video..... www.liveleak.com...

Now, WTF?

Now, I know our men and women have a job to do at the border, but I think things got a little out of hand on this one.

I know the pastor started throwing out the 4th amendment rights, which is his right to do so... but, does this just bring on harsher reactions from those confronting you?

If I am correct, this is not the first video from the same pastor and his run-ins with the border patrol, but I do believe this is the most violent encounter so far.

I mean come on, the guy isn't going anywhere, they can clearly see him from all angles. They can clearly see he has no weapon, only a camcorder in his hand... yet as soon as the window is busted he is immediately tazed?

A bit of overkill wouldn't you say? Maybe they were hoping the tazer would destroy the evidence...

[edit on 13-5-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

[edit on 13-5-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

Atheist, Muslims, and pretend Christians hate the word of god and those who preach it, is it really that hard to believe this happened. Very soon Christians will be taken from their homes and killed for their beliefs.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the United States of we're #ed

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

Yet you call yourself a patriot.

You make me sick.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Nicademus]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

Because this case is going to court. They had to release the video to him for his defence team to look at.
[edit on 14-5-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

No decent lawyers, and NO leo's put evidence on public display before trial. Just one more example of this 'pastor' being nothing more than an attention whore.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Your right about one thing, nobody in it for the money would let it all out there before a trial.... only somebody thats wants others to see the abuse of force as seen on the video.

You can dance around the subject all you want with the "attention whore" point, but it still does not address the overkill that was caught on tape.

Regardless of their positions or even the fact that he is a pastor, this was a gross misuse of force.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
How to not get your a$$ kicked by the police.

(This includes border patrol agents. You do anything to get on their bad side and make their job harder than what it should be? Then they are going to make your life a living hell. Personally if I was in the position of one of the Border Patrol agents? I would have pulled the f***er's ass out and put his head through one of the windows of his car.)

My two cents.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   

And you can refuse to acknowledge the point that this guy refused to co-operate with leo by locking his doors and windows and provoking them with silly questions and demands.

The only "misuse" was on the part of the pastor. He had options; he chose the worst one for himself. He forced their hand.

He could have avoided this encounter by exiting the vehicle. He chose not to. He thought he was above the law since he had a camera.

He is nothing more than an immature attention whore looking for a payout.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Marked One

I love that video.
It stresses one important point - use common sense. But sadly, that is too often lacking in today's society.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by Marked One

I love that video.
It stresses one important point - use common sense. But sadly, that is too often lacking in today's society.

My point exactly. However it's not so much a lack of common sense in this case. This so-called pastor was just being a smart-ass who wants to make a mockery of the constitution. It's people like HIM who are going to end up ruining constitutional rights for the rest of us including you and me.

If people like him can cause an uproar over Border Patrol agents supposedly "stepping on their constitutional rights"? What they should do is re-direct their emotions and focusing it into speaking out against illegal immigration. If they're capable of doing the former? They are far more than capable of doing the latter.

THAT is common sense.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marked One
This so-called pastor was just being a smart-ass who wants to make a mockery of the constitution. It's people like HIM who are going to end up ruining constitutional rights for the rest of us including you and me.

You got that backwards, it's the border patrol acting like Nazi's... they are the ones mocking the constitution by stopping Americans on our highways with no probable cause and abusing our Bill of Rights!

It doesn't matter if your a smart-ass or a attention whore, there needs to be more people like this pastor to show their abuse. Nothing wrong with testing them with your Rights///.... RIGHT!

I think everyone that goes through these Nazi like check points should stick a copy of the Bill of Rights on their driver side window.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by imitator]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Why does our gov. arrest American citizens that may buy some drugs but does NOTHING to the illegal mexicans that come in to sell hard drugs for the Mexican drug cartels???

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join