It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor Tazered by Border Patrol w/Video

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by imitator

What exactly is his job?

A baptist preacher isn't really on the top 10 list of jobs that require travel.

The guy goes around looking for things like this. I don't feel bad at all for him.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
So just cause he is looking for the corruptness that is plaguing our country... he is in the wrong?

Just because he is looking for a "story", he deserves to be treated in the most overkill fashion possible?

Wow.. you people better not complain when you have checkpoints set up everywhere... "papers please".

Whether he was looking for trouble or not... this was handled wrong. The courts will agree with him as well, mainly on the false positive from the dog (judges do not like those) and the man shooting the video knew that.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

What exactly is his job?

The guy goes around looking for things like this. I don't feel bad at all for him.

I guess you haven't watched his other videos? He was on a business trip....I would guess being a baptist preacher would require a second job, as it doesn't pay well.

He's not looking for things like this....those things are looking for you.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

The guy is a jerk.

I'm not naive enough to think that we don't need checkpoints along and around the border. I understand the fact that if a dog gets a hit on my car, that the cops or border patrol needs to check it out.

They are trying to do their jobs and this "Pastor" is trying to get attention. I would side with him if something like this happened once or twice, but it happens to him way to often.

I almost think that he sets it up ahead of time.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by imitator

What exactly is his job?

I guess you haven't watched his other videos? He was on a business trip....I would guess being a baptist preacher would require a second job, as it doesn't pay well.

He's not looking for things like this....those things are looking for you.

I know he was on a buisness trip. He is on a buisness trip in all of his videos.

My question is. What exactly is his job?

If you don't know then don't try to answer. Telling me that he might have a second job is not answering the question.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I know he was on a buisness trip. He is on a buisness trip in all of his videos.

My question is. What exactly is his job?

If you don't know then don't try to answer. Telling me that he might have a second job is not answering the question.

I don't think anyone cares what his job is/was.... the fact is, he was out on a job... He's not running around testing the border patrol, they're testing him/us.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by imitator]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
this is stupid, ludicrous, ridiculous, and retarded

not just that we are still actually debating this kind of thing

not just that this kind of thing is STILL happening

not just because we are still ALLOWING this kind of thing to happen

but because it is going to keep happening

these threads are going to keep coming up here on ats

the fact we are going to have the same futile debate and arguments over the same situations that absolutely nothing is being done about is stupid

and the most absurd part

is that this is happening to "free" people in a "free" country that over the years and since its beginning millions of people have died for

seriously
when these threads started in the beginning, i would get alarmed, upset, and frustrated

i had hope our government would correct its mistakes

now, i just get angry
i dont have the hope anymore because i know obama's change was nothing more then a marketing phrase
he was/is no more then a WWE wrestler yelling his catchphrase

im angry because i live in a country where this is happening and NO ONE is doing anything about it, yet this used to be a country that inspired and offered hope but now no one is doing anything to stand up for the people, all because they think this is "FOR" the people

no ones doing anything
not the government
not the law makers
not the bosses of those performing these acts
not the victims
not the witnesses
not we the people

seriously what the hell??

wanna know what id do?

if i was the guy in that video

id find every guy involved in taking away my rights
and id beat the (censored) out of them just like they did to me
i wouldnt kill them or torture them or hurt them permanently like im sure sometimes they do to people

i would bring a taser with me and id do the same to them they did to me
i would do it when they are off duty, i would do it when they were on duty

i would do it in front of a camera
i would do it with no remorse

why would i do it?
not because these "people" are just doing their jobs
but because it is what should be done

to use a reference i recently watched the movie defiance

daniel craigs character walks into the mans home with his wife and 2 sons there with him at the dinner table

daniel craig asks him if he knows why hes there

the man tells craigs character hes just doing his job

its just his job to round up jews for the nazis to kill
its his job to help them kill them

ya know thats a great excuse but its bull

obviously this isnt as severe or horrendous a situation and no i am not calling for killing or some revolution

im using that to make a comparison that just because you have a job to do
that does not give you the right to throw away your morals, throw away what is right

when one american violates another american that is wrong, and no job title should allow the situation to become "ok" just because the person was doing their job

people need to take responsibility for their actions, they need to not just be talking heads, they need to think for themselves and questions their bosses commands

these border agents, these law enforcement people that pull these stunts should be given a taste of their own medicine
have a mob show up and taser them, have a mob show up and smack them around a little

oh yea but then everyone will be tear gassed and labeled terrorists

i find this world very disturbing when people in our own country who are supposed to be there to protect us can be likened to nazis

and then the majority of the population "understands" they are just doing it to keep us safe from the "terrorists"

man we are seriously pathetic falling for this crap

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I want to know what his job is.

You may not care, but I want to know.

Why do you insist on replying to my post without the answer? What is the purpose of it? If you don't know, then don't assume that no one cares. Just sit back and see if someone does know the answer.

Please, don't reply unless it is with the answer to the question. Here it is again.

What is his job that requires him to travel as much as he does?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I am sure you could have as much luck as anyone else by looking up/searching for this man's job.... it is irrelevant in any case. Nobody here has to do the leg work that you can achieve yourself....

The issue is the overkill of the situation.

The man was surrounded by at least 6 guards. they could clearly see from all angles that he was un-armed, and only holding a video camera.

The tazing was not justified.. that is the point of this thread. Not his motives, his reason for being there, or the 2nd job he may have.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Oh sooo sorry...

Well you did make this quote "The guy goes around looking for things like this. I don't feel bad at all for him."

like that was his job or something>>>
whatever dude.....

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint

Cops are allowed to go up to anybody and ask the person if they can search them, even if the cops lack probable cause. In theory the person can refuse the cop's request and the cop has to honor the refusal.

If the cop has probable cause, the cop has a right to search a person, arrest a person, and even use reasonable force. In this situation, the alleged dog sniff gives the cops probable cause. Now, the man cannot refuse.

can they , in a court of law, prove that the dog alerted the cops to drugs?

I'm not talking about other officers testifying and "saying they saw it", but I mean 100% physical proof that the dog alerted them?

No, they probably can't.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by emeraldzeus

You know, pastor or not, he was clearly being defiant. I've watched several videos of what appears to be the same guy saying the same things, and I would NEVER be that defiant of local authority.

He may have rights, but his behavior certainly was alarming. Looking at this situation objectively, I can imagine being in the officer's shoes and coming across a guy who is being rude, argumentative, verbally combative, and uncooperative. That would raise every red flag I can think of, and all for what? The right to post a youtube video of him getting tasered and beat up to prove that the border check point agents are violating his constitutional rights? That's just stupid. Open the freakin' trunk for God's sake, if you have nothing to hide!

I lived on base for many years, and I would sometimes get stopped by MP checkpoints that did random searches. I could have been a jerk and created chaos, insisting they must be out of their minds, but I understood the importance of the random checks and cooperated. You know what happened EVERY SINGLE TIME? I was kind, courteous, and cooperative, and every single time they apologized for taking up my time, wished me a good day and let me go after they let everyone do their thing. No biggie. I'm glad they were doing check points, because it let me know how secure the base was.

I think this is a case where people are throwing fits left and right wanting to be safe in their country, yet refusing to let the process happen. Nobody was subjecting him to a strip search, and for all we know, the guy could have put some kind of scent in his trunk that the dog could have "hit on", so he could purposely create a scene. I mean, really....he was there with a camera and had it rolling as if he expected it.

This is just asinine to me, and wreaks of a setup on his part. I honestly don't have sympathy for him.

it's because we are supposed to respect their authority , but they don't respect our rights.

It's illegal, or should be, but people who know people who are rich let these laws pas and ALLOW this type of stuff to occur.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

Nope, and as i said earlier... judges HATE false positives from dogs. Those cases get thrown out rather quickly.

This man knew that, thats why he wanted to try to catch the dog "signaling" on video. The border patrol wouldn't do it because they knew it was bull.

The highway patrol man that later came also asked to have the dog check the car again, and the border patrol refused him as well.... They knew they lied, but they were gonna have their fun anyway. Period.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The Corporate Legal-Statute Enforcement Officers had no right or reason to interfere in this sovereign citizen's creator-bestowed right of freedom of travel in the first place.

All events that took place subsequent to this man's wrongful detention are the sole responsibility of the offending party - those uniformed automatons who chose to initiate confrontation with this law-abiding man.

Since no drugs nor smuggled humans were found in this man's vehicle, exactly as the pastor stated, either 'officer canine' had made an error or his colleagues lied.

This country bears little resemblance, if any, to the one envisioned by its founders.

All hail illegitimate authority.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

So you don't know either but you insisted on giving your two cents to someone who really doesn't care.

I know your side of the arguement. I happen to sit on the other side of the fence.

I asked the question instead of looking it up myself in the hopes that someone had a quick answer.

Instead I found two people who doesn't know, telling me what the big issue is.

I don't want you to repeat the same thing that has been spread over 4 pages and atleast 3 other threads.

So please if you do not know the answer please do not respond. It would be pointless for the both of us.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I see you lack reading comprehension as well.

I believe I clarified your mistake with my last post to you. Yet you seem insistant on explaining yourself when I don't care.

I just want the answer to my question. If you don't have it carry on a conversation with someone else.

This is the last time I respond to a post of yours that does not answer my question.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Yeah, but telling me not to respond just because YOU are too lazy to find the answer to your question so you can make a point, is ludicrous. Grow up.

I know where you sit on the fence.. you sit where it does not bother you until you are unjustly tazed or beaten... the day will come.

Unfortunately thats where most americans sit on the fence.... its why nothing will change.

-edit- As far as giving "2 cents to someone who doesn't care".. at this point you don't matter (even though I would stick up for YOUR constitutional rights).... But the stars and flags on this thread give proof that issue matters to others.

So unless you have something worthwhile to add, we already have your viewpoint, I suggest you take you own advice and not respond.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I just want the answer to my question. If you don't have it carry on a conversation with someone else.

This is the last time I respond to a post of yours that does not answer my question.

You already answered your own question.... you think his job is... and I quote:

"The guy goes around looking for things like this. I don't feel bad at all for him."

but hey your wrong..... look it up yourself.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I almost think that he sets it up ahead of time.

As if there is any doubt that he set it up. Camera and all.

He is nothing but an attention whore who goes around aggravating leo's and then cherry-picking the video segments that he wants people to see.

And the naive fall for it, hook, line, and sinker.:shk:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

What do you want me to respond with?

I could follow the heard and yell about how the police are out of control. But that has been played out. I could yell about how are rights are being voided, but that has been played out too.

You want me to respond with something valid? How about 90% of the people on this thread take your advice? Everyone is yelling and screaming the same thing.

I am looking for more info about the man. This happens to him way more then it should. I have never heard of someone so unlucky when it comes to border agents and police.

I am wanting to dig a little deeper into the situation, you can take it at face value if you want. The amount of times something like this has happened to one man is a little suspicous to me though.

I will not join the herd and scream how our rights are being taken away until I find out all the info.

You go ahead though.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join