It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor Tazered by Border Patrol w/Video

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by emeraldzeus
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

...I can imagine being in the officer's shoes and coming across a guy who is being rude, argumentative, verbally combative, and uncooperative.

I disagree 100% with you. He was being friendly, polite, articulate and cooperative.
to you

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Where did you see this guy being cooperative?

Dogs got a hit on his car, they want to search his car and he refuses.

That wouldn't be suspicous to you?

This guy goes around with his camera trying to find trouble.

He found it.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
LOL Yeah man go to a bar and harass some patrons too... they'll put your lights out. Same as these cops... Cops behaving like drunken assholes.

You don't expect much from them do you? No more than a drunken, fly off the handle, F*head, huh? Go to China, fool.

I expect alot better behavior whether I see the same cop once or many times. Harassing them or not... If he sees them enough to know them (I can't find anything that says this guy goes harassing them frequently as some claim)... Then it should be obvious to the cops that they should send him down the road.

In my opinion, Attacking a citizen based on what's in both videos is still uncalled for at any time. At any time. I'd say those cops need a good tazing while being waterboarded then they can skulk home to their spouse, IF they can keep one, and tell them how and why they were FIRED!

Laws allowing the firing of officials for this behavior should be enacted. They never will, though.

Kudos & Mad Props to real cops!!! Brave indeed!!!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

Yeah, right. All you need to do is refuse to co-operate with a lawful request, wave a camera around, lock your doors and ask "Why oh why are you picking on poor little me" and the cops all of a sudden become "drunken a-holes".

Show me where the cop's request was unlawful. Show me where this idjut was in the right to refuse to co-operate.

He got what he deserved. This wasn't the first time he has pulled these shenanigans - he is nothing more than an attention whore looking for an easy score.

Stop focusing on the cops and start looking at why they reacted the way they did.

I expect alot better behavior whether I see the same cop once or many times.

And I expect a lot better behavior from a supposed 'pastor'.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Ok, so they claim the dog signalled there was drugs in the car. But then they refuse to bring the dog back out. Surely if the dog had signalled this they wouldn't have had an issue with bringing it back out? They would then have been able to advise him of a potential charge against him and why they were searching him.

Then we have the legal implications of them using uneccessary force on an unarmed man who was causing no threat to them. i.e tazering him. This is well documented on the video.

Then after detaining him they would've searched the car. I'm assuming they found no drugs or charges would've been pressed.

Police drug dogs and their handlers are highly trained. If that dog signalled there was drugs then there was drugs. Yet they found none. The handler would be able to tell very clearly between a signal that there was drugs and normal dog behaviour. They were obviously lying here.

How can anyone stick up for these police guys? I'm just glad he had good video evidence. I also wonder how he got a hold of the CCTV footage.

I hope all of them get fired. Although they'd probably just get another job with a bully private security company anyway.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

Originally posted by Nammu
Ok, so they claim the dog signalled there was drugs in the car. But then they refuse to bring the dog back out. Surely if the dog had signalled this they wouldn't have had an issue with bringing it back out? They would then have been able to advise him of a potential charge against him and why they were searching him.

They are under no obligation to repeat a test until the results are satisfactory to the pastor. Where did you ever get that notion?

Then we have the legal implications of them using uneccessary force on an unarmed man who was causing no threat to them. i.e tazering him. This is well documented on the video.

Unnecessary force on an unarmed man? How did they know he was unarmed? Given his irrational behavior, they had every right to assume the worst.

How can anyone stick up for these police guys?

The same way you can stick up for an obviously mentally ill man with nothing to do but ride from border point to border point challenging the officer's legal duty. He should be ashamed of himself for the unwarranted commotion he caused, which only wasted time and resources, and made the border vulnerable while he played his little game.

I hope all of them get fired. Although they'd probably just get another job with a bully private security company anyway.

And I hope the good pastor gets a few months behind bars to contemplate the error of his ways.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
So this so called preacher goes around looking for trouble, finds it, and now were supposed to feel sorry for him. What a fool tool. What does he do in his spare time? Watch Alex Jones videos and touch himself?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The pastor was within his rights as an American citizen. Like it or not, he did not break ANY laws, and as citizens we do NOT have to consent to a search. That is part of being a citizen of the great ole U. S. of A.

If you don't like it, and think he should have "complied", move to China, or Afghanistan or some such. And then your views will match the views of the laws in the country. If you think he should have "complied", you are in the wrong country.

For those of you confused about the laws in this country and what our rights as citizens are. Watch the following video, and then watch the other ones that go with this video. These are "flexyourrights" videos, search for them.

How To Act If You're Stopped By the Police

BUSTED: The Citizen's Guide to Surviving Police Encounters

to those who feel that citizens of the USA should "comply", have you forgotten how to think for yourselves? Oh, wait I am sorry, you have probably never learned how to do that with the way we are all brainwashed in the public school system.

Harm None
Peace

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
This man is antagonistic, and rightfully so--He is standing up for the
rights provided to him by the constitution--rights that are being slowly
taken away from all of us.

This man is defending ~you~ with drastic action, and all I hear is
"...he got what was coming to him."

If no-one takes a stand, then we all slowly lose the rights our founding
fathers fought for. Quote: "All that is needed for tyranny to take hold
is for men of good conscience to do nothing."

I ask you, How far do we allow these Border check points ~into~ our
country? (This scene DID NOT take place at a border crossing.)

For the sake of a very plausible argument, let's assume immigration checkpoints have been established in Kansas and this scenario played out
there. Would you still support this affront to the Constitution and Bill of
Rights?

In this political climate, where the PTB have usurped our rights
with the outright denial of Habeas Corpus, implemented warrantless
wire-tapping, warrantless search and warrantless seizure, it amazes
me that so few ~patriots~ (especially on THIS site) seem oblivious
to the sacrifice of someone ACTUALLY taking a stand.

Whether or not you agree with this man's methods (or perhaps you
believe he is simply drawing attention to himself for his own personal gain)
the fact remains that checkpoints like this are Gestapo-like in nature and
need to be challenged. We need men like this, in the same way that we need
sites like this--they are our front line of defense.

Regardless of this disinfo rampant on this site, this venue is important
because it is a forum for the cutting edge of conspiracies. This site is
like a guard dog barking in the night--while you may be awakened many times by false alarms, the guard dog remains your first alert
against true threats.

This man is simply a first responder and deserves some respect, if not
for his methodology, at least for his intent.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Ok after reading all your responses all I can say is wow you are soooo screwed. I mean once you comply to tyranny and snicker as you will with that. They will master you. Comply now pay later. The US is the only real free country on the planet and you are so complicit like trained dogs does no one care for their freedoms that you site the law that states your eventual destruction and smirk. I feel real sorry for you as you do have much as a nation but will end up with very little in the end. Wake up America its looking at you right in the face but you like your American Idol, football way to much to care what happens to your neighbor.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Unnecessary force on an unarmed man? How did they know he was unarmed? Given his irrational behavior, they had every right to assume the worst.

Officers have the same rights you do. If they have the right to assume the worst. So do I. Given their irrational behavior. I should assume that the cops are armed thugs trying to shake me down, and respond violently?

Thinking, I know it's hard, but I promise it pays off.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This guy is filming the situation thats a right no1 can take away, these cops are just pissed that he actually has something on them. Justice doesnt even cross there minds they just want to punish him. And also no1 is complaining how unsafe our lives are, if the media would stop scaring us and making us fear everything we wouldnt be so cautious. Theres no trust between Citizen and Government, so fear is the only option to control a mass amount of people.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Watch the other video and you'll see that the cops were lying the whole time.

www.liveleak.com...

Peace and love and stop the bull# people.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

If you go to youtube a view his countless encounters, he had this coming.

Regardless that his rights are being crapped on, cop or not. These guys are human beings and when push comes to shove....law does not exsist anymore.

Yes that is a sad statement. But come on... this guys is just asking for a tasing.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I had to write this when the issue of the pastor first came up, but I guess I'll write it again.

Are we still in the second grade? Have we really not matured past the point where we think it's alright to pick on the outcast? You may not like this man, but he is no different than you. He has his rights, and he deserved not to be brutalized like that.

He had it coming? If you support these police state tactics, where the police think it is a law to obey them, then you have to live with the consequences. Have any of you been to a tea party? You know, the ones that the mainstream media are painting to be right-wing extremist gatherings? Maybe the police will be sent to investigate your house, and what happens if you refuse? Well, you know what, YOU had it coming too. Enjoy the feeling of your teeth hitting the cement.

I love the use of logic or lack thereof of power hungry psychopaths. "You're under arrest, sir." "For what reason?" "Because you're resisting arrest!"

Look at the officer's face 1:19 into the video. Looks like he's enjoying himself, doesn't it. If you felt the same glee he did by watching this video, don't be surprised when the same thing happens to you.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Many of you are operating under the premise that this is a valid,
lawful, checkpoint. It is not. If it were a lawful checkpoint, the actions
taken by these officers would not be out of the ordinary--an officer
has a right to defend his safety as well as that of the populace. That
is why light pat-downs and cursory searches of easily accessible
areas where a weapon could be secreted are allowed when an officer
is confronting a citizen for whatever reason.

The point is this, and it is THE ONLY point. (The fourth amendment)

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

This constitutes the Federal Law of these United States, and it shall not be
abridged or amended except by the lawful majority order of the legislative
branch of the United States. I almost feel the need to YELL this truth at the folks present who are not getting the point.

The law is changing before our eyes. Not only by the passage of unconstitutional legislation like "The Patriot(sic) Act", but by the complicit
nature of the near fascist zeitgeist which seems to be taking hold in
America. These are people who believe that it is okay to give up
their Constitutionally ordained rights to privacy, for the sake of a little more
state induced safety. This is the MOTHER of all slippery slope
arguments, and you should be ashamed of yourself....for if you do not
reverse your trend in thinking, you children and grandchildren
will be the unfortunate ones who WILL be ashamed for you.

AHHHHHHHHHRGH!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

They are under no obligation to repeat a test until the results are satisfactory to the pastor. Where did you ever get that notion?

But he never witnessed the test in the first place. The apparently never signalled. Whether it actually did or not, only they know. So they should have repeated it to show they had due cause to search his vehicle. If the dog signalled then I see no reason why they wouldn't show him that. They found no drugs, so the assumption would be that the dog didn't signal or that they made a mistake. Or they lied.

[Unnecessary force on an unarmed man? How did they know he was unarmed? Given his irrational behavior, they had every right to assume the worst.

So it's ok for them to assume any person questioning them is armed?

And I hope the good pastor gets a few months behind bars to contemplate the error of his ways.

So you believe this innocent man should be charged with what then? His actions were within the consitution.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
The man is incorrect when he says the cops have to tell him why they are searching him and arresting him. Under the principle of habeas corpus, the cops have a full day to come up with a charge after they arrest somebody. They do not have to charge him before they arrest him or shortly after they arrest him.

Oh, that's convenient!

I should become a cop, then I can arrest everyone I don't like, taser him and after all that I still have a whole day to come up with something to write it in my report...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by PsykoOps

Where did you see this guy being cooperative?

Dogs got a hit on his car, they want to search his car and he refuses.

That wouldn't be suspicous to you?

This guy goes around with his camera trying to find trouble.

He found it.

Diud you see the dogs get a hit on his car?

He asked them what a dog does when he gets a hit. He has reason to suspect that they would lie about the dog getting a hit on the car. They refused to have the dogs back out for the cops to witness, JFYI, a cop has to witness the said action to have reasonable cause. Just like if an air patrol clocks you at speeding the ticketing officer has to also clock you or it's thrown out of court. I know becuase mine was.

Jaden

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

There is a big difference in standing up for rights and being stupid about it. If the man truly wanted to stand up for everyone's rights, then he can educate himself enough to do it the proper way.

I'm sorry, but I don't see how opening a trunk is a violation of my rights.....unless I have something to hide, or I will one day have something to hide, or I just want to create fear and panic in everyone else and make them think that the good guys are really the bad guys that are out to get ALL of us.

I guess it all depends on who you identify with. I'm one of the good guys, so I have no problem cooperating with the OTHER good guys in an effort to find the bad guys. If you identify yourself as the victim, then a victim you'll be.

Now, when I'm stopped at a border check point and they make me strip down to my skivvies, THEN we'll have a problem. Until then, they can open every freaking door on my vehicle that they want, and before they're done, I'll will have had a pleasant conversation with most of them, found out how many are married with kids, how hard they are working, and what the strangest thing they've ever seen come through. How you treat people makes all the difference in the world in how you experience life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join