It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor Tazered by Border Patrol w/Video

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by imitator

Originally posted by Marked One
This so-called pastor was just being a smart-ass who wants to make a mockery of the constitution. It's people like HIM who are going to end up ruining constitutional rights for the rest of us including you and me.

You got that backwards, it's the border patrol acting like Nazi's... they are the ones mocking the constitution by stopping Americans on our highways with no probable cause and abusing our Bill of Rights!
[edit on 15-5-2009 by imitator]

Umm...No they are not. They are doing the exact opposite. The border patrol is there doing their job to protect the constitution and everything it stands for from being undermined, interfered with, and made a mockery of by individuals who are NOT legal US citizens, or individuals who may very well be drug smugglers, arms smugglers, or human traffickers.

When it comes down to cracking down on illegal immigrants, drug smugglers, arms smugglers, human traffickers? It doesn't matter how well you dress, how well you speak English without an accent, if you don't produce legitimate documents indicating who you really are? You are in trouble.

So basically if I go into a convenience store and purchase alcohol. And the clerk asks me for my 'papers' (my ID indicating that I'm of legal age to purchase alcohol) at the time of purchase. Is the clerk a pseudo-Gestapo agent for doing so? Are your civil rights being violated? No. The only thing that is being violated is your ego-driven smart-ass, attention-whoring attitude.

[edit on 5/18/09 by Marked One]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by jd140

The immediate thing that comes to mind is that he is looking for a big payout. I guess the pastor business doesn't pay too well?

Maybe he just needed the money to buy a new car. I could tell from the video the car he was driving looked a bit shoddy.

Seriously. Did you know that today people can sue ANYBODY for ANYTHING. The only person you CAN'T sue in America is a judge.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dramey

what is the point of this thread?

Clearly the point is to have a discussion about the events that occurred in the video. As in what happened, why it happened and whether or not we agree with it.

From my perspective I believe the pastor is angry about the checkpoints hindering his free movement in a supposedly free country.

While I don't agree with his methods - he is correct in challenging these illegal checkpoints that are beginning to pop up all over our country anywhere where there's a waterway or withing 100 miles from every border which just about covers 80% of our country's population areas.

While many people have allowed the checkpoints to exist for years without challenging them the fact is they are contrary to the 4th Amendment and they need to be put back on the borders where they belong.

The Border Patrol / Homeland Security is beginning to resemble Hitler's Nazi Germany of WW2 and this man is just helping bring this to light by posting these videos of his unconstitutional illegal encounters.

I seriously doubt he's going to win his case, nor will he get any monetary rewards. The idea that he's doing this for money is absurd - he's doing it to enlist others to help fight illegal checkpoints.

I know these checkpoints are beginning to pop up in my State (Washington), but I have yet to encounter one. I suppose if they put one on one of my regularly traveled routes then I would have to at the very least make public protest - though I would never put myself in danger or oppose the NAZI's while they have the upper hand like this guy did.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by verylowfrequency]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Umm...No they are not. They are doing the exact opposite. The border patrol is there doing their job to protect the constitution and everything it stands for from being undermined, interfered with, and made a mockery of by individuals who are NOT legal US citizens, or individuals who may very well be drug smugglers, arms smugglers, or human traffickers.

The more I think about it... it's not the Border Patrols fault, the problem is in Congress with their Nazi like supreme court rulings who think your Fourth Amendment needs to be stripped away under the guise of security in these " Constitution-Free Zones" .

It is rather flagrant in the way they stop and search individuals 75 miles out from the border, it's disgraceful to the constitution. This is a mockery to your rights... And this applies to 197.4 million people who live within 100 miles of the US land and coastal borders.

When it comes down to cracking down on illegal immigrants, drug smugglers, arms smugglers, human traffickers? It doesn't matter how well you dress, how well you speak English without an accent, if you don't produce legitimate documents indicating who you really are? You are in trouble.

I agree, but when they expand far beyond their proper boundaries... it's Nazi like crack downs.

So basically if I go into a convenience store and purchase alcohol. And the clerk asks me for my 'papers' (my ID indicating that I'm of legal age to purchase alcohol) at the time of purchase. Is the clerk a pseudo-Gestapo agent for doing so? Are your civil rights being violated? No. The only thing that is being violated is your ego-driven smart-ass, attention-whoring attitude.

If you refuse to show ID in a convenience store, the store clerk is not going to ask you to bend over, and spread 'em. No.

What really happens is Gestapo agents routinely tests alcohol license owners by having an agent attempt to buy alcohol using fake ids, no id, etc., and if the alcohol is sold incorrectly, the convenience store alcohol license can be lost.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by imitator

I think border patrol can set up shop within 100 miles of the border.

So no Nazi crackdown just yet.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I was following this story before he took a beating and it was pretty obvious to me he was going to take a beating!the Border Patrol would have been looking through all their books thinking how are we gonna get this guy?shut him up and teach him a F**n lesson!Wether people think the Pastor is nuts,looking for trouble or whatever(which I personally think he is a nut)...He was trying to prove a point that the border patrol should not be there,they should be at the border...If it becomes accepted that you can be stopped and asked for id within America(the land of the free)and your RIGHTS are exempt then next they'll think lets set checkpoints up all over the country and you will have no rights when dealing with authority...If anyone talks back or questions us...give 'em a tazering!If they don't object take their guns,that way they can't fight back...think about what it will lead to if nobody questions Authority,the law or the government.It happened in Germany with the Nazis,It happened in Russia with the commies....if you don't question Authority eventually you never will be able to question them!Sorry for the rant

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

I think border patrol can set up shop within 100 miles of the border.

So no Nazi crackdown just yet.

Wake up jd140, 100 miles from the border or waterway covers allot of territory including the largest City in my state Seattle.

I happen to live 50 miles from the border and I can tell you right now that I would never ever put up with daily searches as I go to work, the grocery store or go about my private business.

That's what the Nazi's did in WW2 and that's why the BP will be labeled and hated just like Hitler's Nazi's.

The only people that supports this crap are sheeple and people involved in the prison industrial complex who make their living attempting to control an imprison our population.

Here's the Border Patrols ex Top Chief until he was caught raping children. This Deputy Chief Border Patrol Just like the Nazi's of WW2 the Border patrol agents are just waiting to rape your children and put you in camps.

Protestors want and end to security checkpoints

[edit on 20-5-2009 by verylowfrequency]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

Wake up to what exactly?

You stated that they were far away from their proper boundaries. Which is not true. They can set up shop within 100 miles from the border.

This may come to a suprise to you, but people do get past the border smuggling in illegals. I was stationed at Ft. Huachuca with a soldier who got caught at one of these check points doing just that.

They have been doing this for about 10 years now. I haven't seen a Nazi like take over yet.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

Wake up to what exactly?

Apparently a bunch of Nazi child raping pigs working as border patrol agents are pissing on The United States Constitution and some people don't care.

I guess you either support them or you don't. I don't, I won't and I will see them in hell if they attempt to molest me or my family beyond the border.

I consider their 100 mile zone unconstitutional searches an illegal act of war on the free people of the United States.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Whatever you think Rambo.

I guess you didn't have a tough response to the rest of my post. You know, the part that shows the reason why they need to be that far off the border.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Well, comrade I don't agree with that need nor do I buy their reasoning. Otherwise we might as well just throw away our Constitution and put checkpoints all throughout the Country as I'm sure they'd find plenty of drug runners and Illegal aliens if they began to search every person and all automobiles.

We have State Patrols, County Sheriffs, and Local city cops many times over that handle our crime and they all have to follow our Constitution which means they respect our rights and in turn we respect those of them who do.

The Border Patrol was given more authority (as in the ability to search without due process) for the purposes of protecting our borders not for the purpose of going 100 miles beyond the border and using that power for policing Americans while in American cities and towns beyond the border without due process.

I don't know when or why they were given the hundred mile limit - perhaps some research is necessary, but I bet that when it was done it was not meant for the purposes of setting up road blocks / checkpoints in the middle of American Cities that are essentially Constitutional free zones in order to police without due process.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Somebody asked the reasoning for this thread.

IMO to put it simply;

The US Constitution does not provide for, and in fact makes it unlawful
for US citizens to be arbitrarily harrassed, detained or questioned. This
is THE LAW. The Bill of Rights states: The right of the people to be secure
in their persons, shall not be infringed.

Being stopped by police and questioned without probable cause is in
violation of a US citizen's rights. This is our LINE IN THE SAND. And it shall
not be crossed without an Amendment to the Constitution (read, much
debate in the Legislature).

This thread is about standing up for your rights. Internal checkpoints
are unlawful.....period.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join