It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Encourage Citizens To Report People Who Drive Nice Cars

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Police Encourage Citizens To Report People Who Drive Nice Cars

www.infowars.com

Police in the UK are encouraging citizens to report people who drive nice cars or buy expensive items to the authorities in a new campaign entitled, ‘Too Much Bling? Give Us a Ring’.

“The Gloucestershire force is encouraging members of the public to report people wearing too much ‘bling’ during the recession. They are also urging people to shop anyone who drives flash cars or buys expensive items without the apparent means to afford them during the credit crunch,”
(visit the link for the full news article)

+2 more 
posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This is happening in the U.K. I am sure the U.S. will follow suit. It is just amazing how much of a dictatorship the world is coming to. Half of the U.S. would be in jail. They would have a field day at any U.S. food stamp office. Not only do people have to worry about getting jacked for their bling, but now they face the government also.

I feel the anti hoarding act coming into effect soon. "That person has too much food in his basket, he is not redistributing his wealth, GET HIM".

It is funny how the real criminals are not even thought about. The little fish pays the price for the big fish.

I would start with the Queen and her Bling.

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Here is another site that you might find more credibility with. Or just Google

BBC

[edit on 13-5-2009 by timewalker]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
now that's seriously funny

Who's to decide what I can or cannot afford and whether my bling is real or fake or if my 5 year old car with rims is too nice or not?

hey maybe this will boost your country's economy during these tough times, they'll need to hire quite a few more people to handle the calls and enforce their "no bling during a recession" policy.

these bureaucrats really have nothing better to do with time?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
No offense but do you have another source for this besides infowars? I don't give that site much credit for pulling non-fiction. And I agree, if it's true it truly sounds very much like a dictatorship.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Can hardly wait til this comes to the U.S. I'll be calling them on myself. Maybe I can get a redistributed car that doesn't need a rebuilt engine this time.

Mine looks good but runs like %$&^#! I want less bling and better efficiency.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Sure, just Google, Too Much Bling, Give US A Ring. Here is a more worthy site for you.

BBC

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Well that could be "2 Jags Presoctt" banged up for starters, and all those other MP's with flash cars and second homes. Oh Wait! We already know they are a bunch of swindlers so shouldn't be too hard for the police to round them up.

Seriously, every time I think things cannot get any more ridiculous, along comes some publicly funded retard to prove me wrong again.

Are they deliberately trying to show themselves to be a complete joke and waste of breathable air, or do actually believe they are somehow contributing something to society? Unfortunately I fear the latter.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
No offense but do you have another source for this besides infowars? I don't give that site much credit for pulling non-fiction. And I agree, if it's true it truly sounds very much like a dictatorship.

If you read the link you would have discovered the story was ripped from the Daily Mail newspaper.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The thing that scares me the most is in 3 or 4 more years we're going to look back on the 1st half of 09 and remember the good ol' days when we were still somewhat free.

Everyone should be equal except for the few in charge that need to be a little more equal than others

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This is particularly ironic while the news has just come out over the ridiculous things the honourable members of parliament (who are supposed to be public servants) have been squandering our tax money on. Just who are the real criminals here. I must report some of our M.P's for having nice new swimming pools and second and third homes they can't possibly afford on an M.P's salary

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Isn't that aggravating? The architecture of all this insanity is an exact photocopy of the plan that enacted in Hitler's Germany. Hitler had a youth movement called Brown Shirts and now Obama is calling for something similar. Hitler encouraged suspicion for, and squealing on neighbors for the slightest infraction or for any sign of wealth or anti-government thought or speech. This is clearly a blueprint that worked so well in the past, that they're just using it again... in every way. It's insane! And what's worse is that since we know what the blueprint is, we know what's coming... and it ain't pretty. It's time folks. Enough is enough!

To all my neighbors... you can drive the nicest car you want and I'm sure as hell not goin' to the cops out of jealousy. I'm not jealous... I'm your admiring and trustworthy friend.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
good find. s and f for you
i suppose that they are going later to publish it so everyone knows where to steal from

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker
reply to post by sos37

Sure, just Google, Too Much Bling, Give US A Ring. Here is a more worthy site for you.

BBC

Well done timewalker!
There's absolutely nothing wrong with Infowars as being a credible source. It's a better source than anything in the MSM including the BBC, although the BBC is better than anything in America because it tells at least a certain amount of truth, and is slightly less guilty than American media for spinning it to suit their agenda. IOW, most of it is lies. Honestly, if you don't listen to the media, you're not informed, but if you listen to the Main Stream Media, you're misinformed. It's far better to turn main stream news right off. Listening to it only serves their purpose.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
this is more AJ bull. I'm less than 2 miles from gloucestershire I would have heard about it.

For anyone who has followed the AJ threads over the last couple of days. This is EXACTLY why so many of us see AJ as a fearmongering muppet.

I admit I owe AJ for being a major part in my awakening over ten years ago from being a sheeple, but when your BS meter matures and you do your own research then AJ just becomes entertainment.

When I became a man I put away childish things, Alex is one of those.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sharps

I suggest you use Google my friend. There is tons of articles on it. Hope you don't wear your bling in public.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sharps
this is more AJ bull. I'm less than 2 miles from gloucestershire I would have heard about it.

For anyone who has followed the AJ threads over the last couple of days. This is EXACTLY why so many of us see AJ as a fearmongering muppet.

I admit I owe AJ for being a major part in my awakening over ten years ago from being a sheeple, but when your BS meter matures and you do your own research then AJ just becomes entertainment.

When I became a man I put away childish things, Alex is one of those.

C'mon man, be a little more fair than that. Jones has awoken literally millions of people including yourself and myself. He is not a fear mongering muppet. He's the best infowarrior (you probably don't even like that term, but it's accurate) out there.

In all due respect, you'll become a man when you speak for yourself and stop parroting the idiots who claim Jones is "in it for the money", and all other lame reasons to jump on the "bash Jones" bandwagons. He's the real deal and as you yourself admitted, he awakens people to the truth. I'll overlook his rants as long as he keeps informing me with truths... and the story in this thread is another truth.

If he's spouting BS, how do you explain a million cameras in London watching your every move? Why do you think they need to watch every god damned step you take? Who needs this info? Doesn't it creep you out? There are underlying reasons for those cameras despite what they tell you... and they aren't good reasons.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by Albertarocks]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

!!*&^%£""£$@~~xx£$%!!this is actually real! I sit corrected and suitably told off.

The wording of the campaign encourages people who suspect others to be living a life of ill gotten gains without any visible form of income. Hands up all you homeworkers and internet entrepeneurs working out of the shed you're all under suspicion.

My next door neighbours are retired but they have a flash car and literally spend the entire year holidaying and coming back long enough for laundry then zooming off somewhere else. Do you think they might be drug mules?

And so it begins...

Jakarta is coming!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Yes my friends, Hitler might be dead but his ideals are not. It is a shame that it seems that WWII was all for nothing. We have all been infiltrated.

+6 more 
posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Cool.

Call in and report all your politicians and bankers by name for their cars and 'bling.'

I'm sure they were purchased with ill gotten gains. Have the public FLOOD the police department with calls and report them all... repeatedly... non stop. Hang up, call again, and report another one.

[edit on 5/13/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
This is eerily similar to the South Park Episode, "The Recession".

Were the town hurls squirrells at Mr(s) Garrison for buying something in the recession.

I've got my squirells.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join