It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Encourage Citizens To Report People Who Drive Nice Cars

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
Stop snitching people. If no one is bothering you or hurting someone that you know of then leave em' alone. I can't believe people would actually do this. My mother told me "don't tattle-tell"! This is just class warfare.

Exactly! That's the ticket!! I don't care how nice a car antonia drives, why in hell would I want to snitch that fact to the cops? And you know what else? If antonia bought that nice car from a great big thriving garden of weed in her basement, I say all power to her. I'm still not gonna snitch her out. Even if I knew she had that garden, but she didn't even know that I was aware of it, I'm still not gonna snitch on her. In fact, I wouldn't even say anything to the other neighbors. I'd keep my mouth shut and just let the girl live her nice life without bringing some hell down on her. Why would I cause trouble for an innocent? It just doesn't make sense to purposely and needlessly bring the gestapo knocking her door down.

So do you know what program they'll institute? Snitch your neighbors out and you'll get a percentage of all proceeds that the gestapo will seize, a percentage of the home they steal, a percentage of the value of the cars in the garage and driveway, a percentage of the boat, a percentage of everything. The bastards are going to try to make it lucrative for the average Joe to turn into a rat. And during difficult economic times, they'll actually have some success with "the program". When the government stoops to these tactics, they are purposely creating a society at its darkest. It's all part of the blueprint.

Well I got news for the gestapo. You can offer me 95% and I'm still not gonna give you squat.... ever. And if I see you snoopin' around antonia's house, I'm gonna tell her. I'm gonna snitch on you, not on her. Don't do this folks. That's what Hitler got his population to do, and look what happened to them!

Those willing to give up their liberty for security, deserve neither..... Ben Franklin

Antonia... if all your neighbors are like me, you got nothin' to worry about.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Albertarocks]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Unbelievable !

I say every citizen of the UK should play along with them, give em what they want. Pick one day and everybody bombard them with calls stating that the royal family has way too much bling

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
You see? This is absurd and its COMMUNISM. This is what they do in COMMUNIST countries, i know, i come from a 'Communist country.

Ratting out people gets you an extra pound of potatoes at the end of the month. REALLY

Questionaires such as, what kind of car do they drive next door? How do they dress?
I mean this is waaaaaaaay even more than what Communists do. Are we being manipulated by some paranoid schitzophrenic computer system or something even weirder??????

How the hell do we stop this insanity??????

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Watch out people you might get a ticket for "Stuntin"

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
"Brother against Brother, Neighbor against Neighbor"
Start with the Queen and work your way down. Bankers, Stock Brokers politicians, Coorperate C.E.O.s ect....
Start wearing 'V' for Vendetta' masks just to get the point across further.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I had a similar problem in Hendersonville, NC- But in reverse. It wasn't the 'nice car' that was targeted- it was the beat up old ones that were CONSTANTLY targeted. I not only had it happen to me, I had a job where I was outdoors quite a few hours a night. I'd watch cops follow every older, beat up car up to less than a foot from their rear bumper. I have had it happen to me.

The reason was quite simple: The rich wanted every last low income person OUT of their city. They had bought the cops, the city council, mayor, you name it.

When did we all get turned into serfs...?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
This would never survive in America because black people would scream racist. They like their bling...it's cultural for them it seems. Unless maybe obama could convince people to have some sort of community blingburning or something like that.
Kind of tongue in cheek, kind of not.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
....kinda makes the movie YES MAn with jim carrey give me the creeps as i read on here....maybe they'll have a yes quota, with all yes's and no's recorded and logged by the rfid chip. It kind of feels like people would actually start feeling guilty for having the stuff....will we fall for it/let it happen?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker

Police Encourage Citizens To Report People Who Drive Nice Cars

www.infowars.com

Police in the UK are encouraging citizens to report people who drive nice cars or buy expensive items to the authorities in a new campaign entitled, ‘Too Much Bling? Give Us a Ring’.

“The Gloucestershire force is encouraging members of the public to report people wearing too much ‘bling’ during the recession. They are also urging people to shop anyone who drives flash cars or buys expensive items without the apparent means to afford them during the credit crunch,”
(visit the link for the full news article)

What if your had this stuff before things got bad?

Dumb brit government . They are just as dumb as ours with these weird rules that make no sense.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Revolutionary Acts

Meh. The French did it first.

How ironic it is that so many politicians consider Nineteen Eighty-Four to be a "how-to" manual.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
They want to turn neighbor against neighbor. Joseph McCarthy would have been proud to see this come to light. You know, rat on your neighbors for being communists and get a cash reward. Or heck, do it because it's the American thing to do!

So all these nosy neighbors will be spying out their front windows watching each other. "Uh! Lookie there! That house on the end just put them shiny spinny rims on their Tahoe! Get the phone, hon! They ain't up to no good!"

Classy.
It's the sheep doing the work of the sheep dog. In America its known as "neighborhood watch". I know because a neighbor reported me for my sprinklers going off the wrong time of day. I got a threatening letter from the city without them even bothering to just let me know first. Turned out I needed a new timer on sprinkler box. I was also reported for my dog being "in my front yard" with no leash. That one cost me fifty bucks. My other neighbor was reported twice for having her dog in the front yard on a chain for an hour. Another for his garbage container next to the garage and visible from the street. And two more for watering the wrong time of day when we were under rationing. One neighbor was visited by detectives for possible drug traffic. They have teenagers with friends. Kinda' makes one want to just stay home and not go out.

I have no doubt when martial law is put into action, the ordinary citizens of our country will be helping with the round up....they're preconditioned and ready to "get the bad guys". So many sheeple, so little time????

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
*sarcasm mode*
Well I have to say the police in our country spent all their time persecuting that well known criminal "the motorist". Getting fine money out of us is a full time job, so they haven't got the time or resources to catch real criminals. It must be our civic duty to do their job for them (unpaid of course) they need all the help they can get to actually catch a real criminal, but if they can find somebody they can confiscate the assets off, without too much trouble or effort, all the better for our cash hungry government.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker
Yes my friends, Hitler might be dead but his ideals are not. It is a shame that it seems that WWII was all for nothing. We have all been infiltrated.

Maybe not? Oh conspiracy Theories, they all seem to be totally interconnected. One ultimate conspiracy?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
The US has something similar to this called TIPS, where we are supposed to call the tips hotline to report anything suspicious (e.g. "terrorists"), although that was put into action following 9/11.

TIPS even required the mail carriers to make reports on suspicious activity but the post office protested, they didn't want to make mail carriers targets of retribution from the paranoid or criminals.

You don't hear much about TIPS anymore, I imagine it was overwhelmed by all the "tips" reporting Iranian cab drivers who couldn't make change for a 5.

If you protest asinine acts of legislation like this you only convince TPTB that it must really be needed (protesting shows you have something to hide, right? At least that is the governments viewpoint!). Or - you could just overwhelm it with "reports" that are as equally as asinine as the policy that precipitated it.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Hello all,

Yes this is just ridiculous. Nowadays I always say that I live in the Police State formerly knows as the United Kingdom or the Police State formerly knows as England. If we can get enough people to constantly refer to it like that perhaps it will wake a few people up.

( I had hoped to start a thread requesting people to do this but I dont have enough posts to start a thread. If anyone would like to start one I would be much obliged ).

Cheers ( puts head down, back to the Police State )

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
This seems to be just another deliberate ploy to boost the economy..

How?

By mking us all spend money on phone calls...

If we did report all these bankers, politicians and the like, we will have to pay for it out of our own money.. unless they set up a free phone number, like 999 (911 in other countries) then it is just another revenue and data collection item.

How many of us are going to phone up to report someone, and when we are asked our name and addrress, would we give it or stay anonymous?

how many of these anonymous reports would get checked?

There's so much daylight robbery going on right under our noses by TPTB and the like that the real criminal factions are beginning to look squeaky clean. Yet you don't see the police arresting the real crooks of this society... those that run it on expenses...and on our expense

We keep this society running.. we buy all the items they allow onto the market.. we use all the items that we have worked for.. but they want to take it all away from us and still expect us to keep working...

Well, I lost my business last year.. have only worked for an employer for three months until being laid off... so I am now going to go buy a camcorder so I can record the future arrests, tyrany, concentration camps and the evenual liberation brought about by the power of the word NO.. Knowledge is our weapon, recording history is our evidence...

Stand up and say NO!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Albertarocks
Isn't that aggravating? The architecture of all this insanity is an exact photocopy of the plan that enacted in Hitler's Germany. Hitler had a youth movement called Brown Shirts and now Obama is calling for something similar. Hitler encouraged suspicion for, and squealing on neighbors for the slightest infraction or for any sign of wealth or anti-government thought or speech. This is clearly a blueprint that worked so well in the past, that they're just using it again... in every way. It's insane! And what's worse is that since we know what the blueprint is, we know what's coming... and it ain't pretty. It's time folks. Enough is enough!

To all my neighbors... you can drive the nicest car you want and I'm sure as hell not goin' to the cops out of jealousy. I'm not jealous... I'm your admiring and trustworthy friend.

The difference between Americans and Germans is quite simple. American's will never hand over their weapons. The Germans did.

Umm... as to the Brits, I suppose you just out of luck.. If you're government does become increasingly tyrannical, you have little means of self defense. You basically have to rely on "Oh, the Government would never do that" mentality..

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
No offense but do you have another source for this besides infowars? I don't give that site much credit for pulling non-fiction. And I agree, if it's true it truly sounds very much like a dictatorship.

With all due respect, posts such as this always amaze me. You denigrate a source, requiring an additional source, when if you only took the time to check the article or do a Google search, you would have your additional source. Me thinks the purpose of these type posts has more to do with the poster's wish to strike out at infowars than a sincere request for source information.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Awesome! I think it's time to start calling the cops about the monarchy driving flashy cars funded by stolen tax money and wearing stolen bling bling.

Time to get your money back!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I'll seriously laugh if this happens in the US.
I can kind of see it.
It honestly sounds like a bad reality tv show.
"OH BLING YOU DIDN'T! premieres Sunday night on TLC at 9pm right after "What Not To Wear!"

It seems as if those of us who aren't being effected badly by this economy are becoming the outsiders and a stigma put on us.
It's actually strained a few friendships so maybe people are just letting their greed and envy go to an entirely different level now.

When will the public be headings and start?

All I know, Is that I suffered for every penny I have and no one will ever dictate how, where, or when I spend it and if it gets to that,
I herd that real estate for private islands is pretty cheap right now which now that I think about it doesn't seem like a bad idea either way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join