It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Encourage Citizens To Report People Who Drive Nice Cars

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

I can't see this happenin in the US. Here in Atlanta they'd have people calling in half the population. It would be easier to call in the people driving crappy cars...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Albertarocks

Am I being too harse? Maybe. It's just after years of following his work I find I have to wade through too much dross to get the information and so many things he has said over the years have blatantly been untrue which means you can't relax and listen to him knowing that you can trust the message because you can trust the messanger. I prefer hosts such as Tom Hartmann who over the years I realised I could trust him, he's meticulous with his research and the info is right at your fingertips if you want to check up on his facts.

Anyway I concede there is a need for AJ and others like him because you can't go from full on sheep, to awakening, to Tom Hartman in one smooth motion. I just wish he'd use less artistic licence with the facts.

I also concede that on this occasion the "Too much bling" thing is totally real and scary as hell!!! And it was AJ via ATS that alerted me to it.

Okay perhaps I'll cut him a bit more slack in future (I do enjoy his docus), I might even tune in to his show, it's been 2 yrs since i last listened.

EDIT to address Albertarocks edit.

I never said AJ only spouted BS, the majority of his stuff is not but the trouble is his arguments hold less credence with every falsity that he spouts. I'm no fan of CCTV especially the sanctioned covert cctv experiment that is going on in the streets of Bristol as we speak (my home). For those who don't know there are over 20 hidden disguised cameras with no public oversight, actioned to snap, log and identify every vehicle passing by them, as well as recording people movements.

So, I totally buy into the NWO agenda. I believe with 100% certainty that AJ is a mind control puppet who unwhittingly puts out inaccuracies with many otherwise accurate reports that then bring the who subject into disrepute. But that's TPTB's MO anyway.
[edit on 13-5-2009 by sharps]

[edit on 13-5-2009 by sharps]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Wow, how stupid is this? I think this mp hit the nail on the head.

But Tory MP and former Home Secretary Ann Widdecombe expressed disbelief at the move. She said: 'Is this a joke? If the police spent half as much time tackling crime and getting out on the beat as they do coming out with this ridiculous stuff, we'd all be better off.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
There are 630+ people sitting in a big building in London who seem to have inordinate amounts of cash to spend on all manner of items, they have been acquiring this money by some means.

They claim legally and within the rules, but everyone else seems to think they've stolen it from somewhere.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rob37n
There are 630+ people sitting in a big building in London who seem to have inordinate amounts of cash to spend on all manner of items, they have been acquiring this money by some means.

They claim legally and within the rules, but everyone else seems to think they've stolen it from somewhere.

sheer class mate!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
They want to turn neighbor against neighbor. Joseph McCarthy would have been proud to see this come to light. You know, rat on your neighbors for being communists and get a cash reward. Or heck, do it because it's the American thing to do!

So all these nosy neighbors will be spying out their front windows watching each other. "Uh! Lookie there! That house on the end just put them shiny spinny rims on their Tahoe! Get the phone, hon! They ain't up to no good!"

Classy.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
They want to turn neighbor against neighbor. Joseph McCarthy would have been proud to see this come to light. You know, rat on your neighbors for being communists and get a cash reward. Or heck, do it because it's the American thing to do!

Good point and we are seeing this very much here and now in the US. Black VS White. Right VS Left. Skinny VS Fat. Smokers VS non-Smokers. It never ends. Our current Leaders not only like it, they encourage it. It is in fact their main agenda to divide us.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
No offense but do you have another source for this besides infowars? I don't give that site much credit for pulling non-fiction. And I agree, if it's true it truly sounds very much like a dictatorship.

Here's another link.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

There is something we are missing as to their real motive. It isn't that people have money to spend regardless of any economic recession. It is something far more sinister and controlling. These people are deemed as threats because they have resources that will be accessed if and when they decide to control with martial law. These people are targetted because of the threat they pose when 'their' next plan of attack takes place. It's an agenda they are following.

Anyone who is a threat to that agenda will be blacklisted and worse. "They" will give themselves the power to remove what resources people have. Do you think for one moment they are actually concerned about the people who are the 'have nots'? No way. We are just fodder to them.

Something wicked this way comes.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Sounds a bit like the beginnings of a communist coup: start reporting your neighbors who may not be contributing their "fair share" to the "common good" or else you're being counterrevolutionary as well. They do the same thing in Cuba and in most communist societies. I may be slightly off regarding which political ideology these people subscribe to, but they are no doubt collectivist authoritarians.

TA

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
This throws up a red flag for me. IMO, they clearly want to enrage the public and send them into revolution mode.... I have a bad feeling about this.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Stop snitching people. If no one is bothering you or hurting someone that you know of then leave em' alone. I can't believe people would actually do this. My mother told me "don't tattle-tell"! This is just class warfare.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
In the US, we could call it.

"Gettin' down with the Jones's"

We don't want to keep up with them anymore. we need to buy a car that is ONE year older than theirs. And scuff up the Rolex a little.
How would you recover from a faltering Economy if people remain afraid to buy new things?
I just hate the idea of ratting out people. Seems that it could be abused too.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Its this kind of BS that makes me angry, not specifically this but I'm really starting to feel like I'm getting sick of all this police, attack, control crap BS. Up until now I felt that these incidents were soon to pass or atleast slow down by a fairly large ammount. Nope, it got worse for awhile and then slowed down and now I'm really starting to get sick of this up and down frantic rollercoaster ride BS. We know cops "pick out, and target specific individuals that could be related to crime or consipracy to commit crime, and we do know that most of these tactics are judgemental and descriminatory to say the least. What we see happening here is simple, there is only one way to "keep things under control" to these people who run everything, and the fist isn't getting any looser if you catch my drift.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Can somebody help me, I think I need to report a serious offense. I saw a couple of Wall Street Bankers on a yacht with a couple of senators. I think the police need to arrest these people, give them full cavity searches, and send them to Guantanamo Bay for a couple years. They are probably up to no good.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
...heh...been happening unofficially for a long long time...

...I've been pulled over and checked numerous times over the years...

...whether or not its got anything to do with me being brown and driving a nice car is debateable - yet somewhat convenient...

Of course its awefully presumptuous of me to draw any racial connotations...well...when I don't see as many, okay more correctly any non-brown guys in similar cars getting pulled over...then well...

*editted to add: Just to add the pull overs have never been for any driving/traffic offences - just *random stops/checks* which usually begin with "Are you the registered owner of this vehicle Sir - can I please see your Drivers Licence?"

I normally get questioned as to my occupation even though I'm aware the QVR they run on me will pull up that info for them, perhaps they simply wish to check its up to date - not sure.

On a number of occasions Officers have actioned the Misuse of Drugs Act in order to search my vehicle, though I in no way use drugs, have any remotely drug paraphernalia on my person on in my vehicle or any convictions of such.
I can only summise from that (as is the only legitimate ground for usage of that Act in order to search) they suspect me of drug involvement - perhaps drawing some conclusion that 'brown guy + nice car = drug-pusher.'

More than once have Officers made comments such as "Bullsh---" when I answer 'Yes' to their question of if I'm the registered owner.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by alien]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Too much bling, give us a ring,
It's an honest cop, this isn't a sting,
Jealous of yer neigbour, sick of all yer labour,
Think they're dodgy, just do us a favour,

Yeah, sounds mad, think they're bad,
Pick up yer phone, and have a moan,
All those crooks, and all those druggies,
And the Ebayer selling baby buggies,

Everyone's a thief so snitch dear friend,
Tell us of anyone who may offend,
Big cars flash cars any kind of new cars,
And all the shiny teeth you see in bars,

Don't be afraid, we're here to protect,
Or some bulls**t to that effect,
So help us out and learn to sing,
Too much bling, give us a ring.

Quite simply......who the hell comes up with these crackpot marketing ideas?
Is the metropolitan police employing students to do their copywriting nowadays?

Too much bling?.. give us a lift mate....nice ride.

[edit on 13/5/2009 by nerbot]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
You've heard it here folks.

The UK government doesn't want you rich. They want you poor! If you bring your nice cars... in public they'll check you and take away your monies!!

This... is... tyranny. If the UK an example of a modern dictator state I don't know what is.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Heard this from an Oracle instructor
in a class the other day:

Everything you say must fit at least 2 of the following criteria:

1 - must be true
2 - must be nice
3 - must be necessary

If people followed this simple rule, this issue would simply go away - along with most other issues - because ratting on your fellow citizens would very rarely fit #3 - must be necessary, or #2 - must be nice.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
You folks over there should find out which people made up this rule, and flood the system with reports on them!

They surely must be a little too well off, they surely are throwing a lot of weight around publicly. I consider that a form of bling, don't you!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join