It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are we interested in these topics?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
probably the collective unconscious (jung) coming to the conclusion that we are all about to die

and we want to talk about it

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
My wife is the one who got me into conspiracy theories, many of which we call conspiracy FACTS. The Group of 30 really exists, the Fed is really private, 9/11 really was a hoax and so on.

As a freemason, my Dad also studies alchemy, mysteries, the lost atlantis, and has been skeptic of 9/11 since the day it happened. He does call everything theories, of which we'll never know the facts, but at least he acknowledges it and studies it.

When I told my Mom about the history of conspiracies, she said "I wouldn't be surprised!" When I told her when Obama was elected that he's a liar, then she just said "well, let's wait and see...".

My German friend told me about the Amero years ago, and I didn't believe him. Meanwhile Obama denied the North American Union at an address in Lancaster, PA, while evil CNN actually already claimed it to be true. Alex Jones (yes, him) gives us a good insight on the NAU. Now I believe it to be true.

My brother in law claimed to have seen UFOs, and we (my family) all thought it to be a possibility, but it could also be military related. He's a very proud American and strongly believes in God, so it wouldn't help telling him about the denial of Jesus.

My Scottish friend already studies conspiracy theories, but told me not to get into it too much, or I'll end up a member of the Scientology Church with Tom Cruise, John Travolta etc. Has anyone watched Lambs for Lions (is that the name?)?

My wife is Taiwanese, and her family thinks she's full of sh*t when she tells them about the conspiracies, and especially about the swine flu being human made. Only her one sister believes her. However, my family is very open to anything, so they will listen to me.

Since I live in Taiwan, I chat with a lot of friends online, so when I start telling them about conspiracies, they always say they have to go. At that point I know it's a waste of time, and I don't bother trying again.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
If you want to talk to your friends and family about these conspiracies, it's best to start off on a soft path.

Don't just blurt out your disbelief in Obama, and your belief in UFOs and such without first planning how to tell them.

These people are like you and me before. They still believe we're living in a world where whatever happens, our government will support us by finding the best solution that will benefit the people.

People will believe historical facts first, such as how Abraham Lincoln decided to print his own money and was then assassinated. There are many historical facts that are known to be true, such as Pearl Harbor. If Pearl Harbor could happen, and we all know that the US government knew about it in advance, then why couldn't 9/11 happen in a similar fashion? They always need to manipulate the people to go to war (e.g. the sinking of Lusitania), so why not behave a similar way today? My Mom agreed.

Then show them that there are many theories you also are not sure about such as the annunaki, but you know that many conspiracies are definitely already proven facts, else you wouldn't have Mr. Russo talking about David Rockefeller's true intentions as he told him before 9/11.

Let them realise that you are not gullible, that you also don't believe everything you hear. Do you believe in Reptilians? Do you believe everything David Icke says?

I gave up reading his books after he got into the Reptilian association too much, as well as the matrix, but that doesn't mean I don't believe in what I read about the Rothschilds, the Rockefellers, Bilderbergers, UN, the G30, G20, New World Order, Israel, and so on. How much more proof do we need?

Like my wife said (who is a doctor): "A child came to me with signs of abuse. Of course the mother wouldn't tell us she abused her child. So is it a theory or a fact? The "evildoer" naturally won't admit anything, but anyone can see that the bruises are a result of child abuse." In the end the child died, as no one had the chance to stop the mother who also killed her first child. Now she's in jail for eight months only. See the analogy?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
There was a time where I was very curious about conspiracy theories, but I happened to be somewhat a bit of a gullible back in the day, and pretty much took a lot of the theories as truth. What really didn't help my case is the fact that I only memorised snippets I felt were important. Of course, when I tried talking about this stuff with friends or something they were highly sceptical and pretty much just ridiculed me.

This has, to this point, discouraged me from even wanting to care. Another problem is the fact I find it pretty hard to retain information from reading off a computer screen. For some reason, it feels uncomfortable, and I just don't absorb an adequate amount of information. Also, I happen to not know the two sides to a story, so I pretty much lean toward the theories that people come up with than the other side. In a debate, this can get me pretty screwed up.

I've sorta given up, really. I mean, I do believe a lot of theories on this site regarding many things are definitely true. Though, in this current age where rationality is taken far more seriously than emotion, us curious ones are often always asked to verify our claims or feelings with hard evidence. The well thought ideas of the many people that post here are probably the closest thing to the truth we can probably get a grasp of. Somehow, science gets to get away with this, but "it's science, and science is truth". Damnit, it irritates me to no end.

Not to mention, the hard evidence they want? Well uh, us "sheepfolk" aren't good enough to gain access to top secret government documents. We can't just walk into top secret facilities and say "Hey there, mate, I'm just here to get some black project technology. I'll just take some of this top secret weaponry and show it to some people that don't believe me. I'll bring it back later".

This, in turn, just makes me feel apathetic. It might seemed cliche, but many people out there just don't care. A lot of them just believe what's in front of them. It's like they've inhibited their senses. I mean, I think it's pretty obvious that a lot of things just don't feel right today. It's not paranoia or anything. To think that in this day and age that each and everyone of us isn't vulnerable, and are not being lied to is just stupid. Though, when the day's over, people like us seem to lose out and they get ahead. Why is that? Why should it be them that gets to be ahead of people the question certain things?

It just doesn't feel right. Sorry for the long rant, but something needs to change. Nothing feels just, and nothing feels right. Feeling distance and ostracisation for long periods of time just isn't normal or harmonious. Maybe it really is just me wanting something to happen, but it would be for the better if something did. Then maybe the conspirator can gain the upper hand and say "I told you so" to the sceptics.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

well, we are minority, my friends also don't care such things, only 1 or 2 persons that can talk to me about this.
although im living in south east asia, but it doesn't mean that i should ignore conspiracy, aaaaah! made me upset sometimes.

even my family said to me "dont think too much, focus on real life", and then i think in my mind is like "What!??! what im talking is the real life!!";
so i never talk to my family about conspiracy anymore.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by spystalker]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

Like my wife said (who is a doctor): "A child came to me with signs of abuse. Of course the mother wouldn't tell us she abused her child. So is it a theory or a fact? The "evildoer" naturally won't admit anything, but anyone can see that the bruises are a result of child abuse." In the end the child died, as no one had the chance to stop the mother who also killed her first child. Now she's in jail for eight months only.

We can see the damage, and we can see that many fishy things are going on in the world, but we can't prove it until it's too late.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I must say. I encounter this all the time.

It really gets to me, because I feel that if Situation X does happen, the people expecting it, and aware of many different possibilities of the situation, in regard to survival, protecting loved ones, and learning to live through whatever phase our history is inevitably taking us.

But peoples ears are deaf, like you stated in the OP some people just don't want anything to hear about it. Will laugh at you, try to shut you up, they invaded as a third party, i've dealt with it a lot.

But just saying. In retrospect to that, it's nice when you do strike up that good conversation.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
has anyone ever relayed their experiences to a trusted confidant and be refreshingly suprised that they take you for your word?

"if you say it happened, then it happened." only because this individual knows the value of your word do they even consider it a possibilty. or because of your conviction or the gravity of your tone they actually take you seriously? then after much discussion they tell you that they wished you had never lifted the veil... never told them about what you experienced.

anyone?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MightyAl

Oh well. When that day arrives where all is hopeless and whatever, I guess it's up to us to fight back and change the way the world works huh?

I'm unprepared, but I know what I believe in.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2theC
THE TRUTH HURTS
so often we deny the truth, because we get so deep in the bull sh%$, that to get back to it will only open more and more truths and more hurt...
but we need that, obviously, and then feel better for it and move on...

Yep, totally agree.
Even if it's just in a subtle way....the truth really DOES hurt.

I think people are scared to face many of these subjects, which is a shame.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MightyAl
As a freemason, my Dad also studies alchemy, mysteries, the lost atlantis, and has been skeptic of 9/11 since the day it happened. He does call everything theories, of which we'll never know the facts, but at least he acknowledges it and studies it.

I think many of the things that we hold of fact are really theories.
But the more evidence that is compiled.... the closer it becomes to a fact.

When I told my Mom about the history of conspiracies, she said "I wouldn't be surprised!" When I told her when Obama was elected that he's a liar, then she just said "well, let's wait and see...".

Most politicians, if not all, are liars.
It's their job..... they are respectable face of corruption, greed and dishonesty.

My German friend told me about the Amero years ago, and I didn't believe him. Now I believe it to be true.

I thin k we are moving slowly closer to a "one-world-government" all the time.....it will be realized relatively soon i think.

My wife is Taiwanese, and her family thinks she's full of sh*t when she tells them about the conspiracies
Since I live in Taiwan, I chat with a lot of friends online, so when I start telling them about conspiracies, they always say they have to go. At that point I know it's a waste of time, and I don't bother trying again.

That is a reaction that sadly we can all relate too.... it's really the reason i started the thread.
It's a shame people are not more open to these ideas.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

This is why people are interested in these topics :

"Young people know it most certainly; we call that knowledge idealism.

They know that there is a way the world is supposed to be, and a magnificent role for themselves in that more beautiful world. Broken to the lesser lives we offer them, they react with hostility, rage, cynicism, depression, escapism, or self-destruction—all the defining qualities of modern adolescence. Then we blame them for not bringing these qualities under control, and when they finally have given up their idealism we call them mature. Having given up their idealism, they can get on with the business of survival: practicality and security, comfort and safety, which is what we are left with in the absence of purpose. So we suggest they major in something practical, stay out of trouble, don't take risks, build a résumé. We think we are practical and wise in the ways of the world. Really we are just broken and afraid. We are afraid on their behalf, and, less nobly, we are afraid of what their idealism shows us: the plunder and betrayal of our own youthful possibilities.

www.ascentofhumanity.com...

People feel there is something wrong with the world, and seek such things as means to escape. It gives them hope for a change, even if they don't realize that is what they seek. Maybe "something" will happen, or we will make it happen, for a new way of life to emerge. It shows it is possible.

That does not mean their beliefs are false. Indeed the NWO is controlling the world. 9/11 was an inside job. UFO's exist.
Do you really think that USA can not provide some small housing for all ? No more homeless and hungry ? But the system says no.

- Why do you live in a tent, are there not enough houses ?
- Yes there are but we play this "Economy" game you know, we had to leave our house empty, now we live in the tent.

So researching these things is a way to escape. To understand the world better, and find the answer we are hoping for - things do not need to be this way because of some "natural, unchanging law". Greed and stupidity, people did all this, things can be changed, and even if it will never happen it is good to know.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by pai mei]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

Originally posted by Whine Flu
Another problem is the fact I find it pretty hard to retain information from reading off a computer screen. For some reason, it feels uncomfortable, and I just don't absorb an adequate amount of information. Also, I happen to not know the two sides to a story, so I pretty much lean toward the theories that people come up with than the other side. In a debate, this can get me pretty screwed up.

It does take a lot of effort and research, I'll admit that.
And even if, in theory,you can prove some of these things to be true...which i kinda did with the friends i mentioned in my OP.... they just say "so, why should i care?" "how does it affect my life?"
And that is extremely disheartening.

I've sorta given up, really. I mean, I do believe a lot of theories on this site regarding many things are definitely true. Though, in this current age where rationality is taken far more seriously than emotion, us curious ones are often always asked to verify our claims or feelings with hard evidence.

In a sense i have too..... it's almost futile to bring these topics up because i suppose, as was mentioned earlier, it's almost a matter of faith.
And yes, we are definitely becoming more "robotic" or "worker-ant-like" in dealing with our day to day lives....or i should say, humans in general... perhaps not so much ATS'ers.

This, in turn, just makes me feel apathetic. It might seemed cliche, but many people out there just don't care. A lot of them just believe what's in front of them. It's like they've inhibited their senses. I mean, I think it's pretty obvious that a lot of things just don't feel right today. It's not paranoia or anything.

Nope... it's definitely NOT paranoia.
Although, the MSM and those "running the show" would have you believe it is all in your head, somehow, we just know otherwise right?

To think that in this day and age that each and everyone of us isn't vulnerable, and are not being lied to is just stupid. Though, when the day's over, people like us seem to lose out and they get ahead. Why is that? Why should it be them that gets to be ahead of people the question certain things?

It is stupid....but unfortunately as we've pointed out, it's human nature too.
To be stubborn, ignorant and to ridicule that which we don't understand.
And yes.....as they say Ignorance is bliss.
And if you're a good little worker and citizen and don't question things and just muddle through life and do as is asked..... why would you have any problems?

Sad indeed.

It just doesn't feel right. Sorry for the long rant, but something needs to change. Nothing feels just, and nothing feels right. Feeling distance and ostracisation for long periods of time just isn't normal or harmonious. Maybe it really is just me wanting something to happen, but it would be for the better if something did. Then maybe the conspirator can gain the upper hand and say "I told you so" to the sceptics.

Don't apologize, your answer was excellent.

I think we all feel that way sometimes and i know we ALL want something to happen in regards t the truth coming out about many of these topics.

Cheers

[edit on 13/5/09 by blupblup]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by spystalker

Originally posted by spystalker
well, we are minority, my friends also don't care such things, only 1 or 2 persons that can talk to me about this.
although im living in south east asia, but it doesn't mean that i should ignore conspiracy, aaaaah! made me upset sometimes.

Yep, it's a shame.
And it is very annoying, but don't let it upset you my friend

You know your own truths and in your heart, you know what is right.

even my family said to me "dont think too much, focus on real life", and then i think in my mind is like "What!??! what im talking is the real life!!";
so i never talk to my family about conspiracy anymore.

I know....this stuff is real life, it's really important too.
Not the petty squabbles and distractions that are thrown at you.

Not many people are open to conspiracies....that's why ATS is such a good place

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdJohnAdams

Originally posted by ThirdJohnAdams
I must say. I encounter this all the time.
It really gets to me, because I feel that if Situation X does happen, the people expecting it, and aware of many different possibilities of the situation, in regard to survival, protecting loved ones, and learning to live through whatever phase our history is inevitably taking us.

yep and there is nothing wrong with being informed and prepared.
People may laugh and mock... but they will be running to you for help is something does happen.

But peoples ears are deaf, like you stated in the OP some people just don't want anything to hear about it. Will laugh at you, try to shut you up, they invaded as a third party, i've dealt with it a lot.
But just saying. In retrospect to that, it's nice when you do strike up that good conversation.

Yep, they do.
It's either out of fear or they truly do think we're crazy.... either way, we can but try to reason with them

And yes....it is great to get into it with people and have a really good conversation or debate.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by pai mei

Originally posted by pai mei
That does not mean their beliefs are false. Indeed the NWO is controlling the world. 9/11 was an inside job. UFO's exist.
Do you really think that USA can not provide some small housing for all ? No more homeless and hungry ? But the system says no.

Oh i totally agree.
I know why you mean by idealism too.... in a way it's interesting from a psychological perspective.
But yes.... there is truth in many of the theories, and yes.... the system is not in your favour from the start.
It's an uphill battle all the way.

Which is another reason why people just don't bother or why even some people who do know about these things or are interested in conspiracy theories....just give up.

So researching these things is a way to escape. To understand the world better, and find the answer we are hoping for - things do not need to be this way because of some "natural, unchanging law". Greed and stupidity, people did all this, things can be changed, and even if it will never happen it is good to know.
[edit on 13-5-2009 by pai mei]

Exactly, what it boils down to is that it's a personal thing.
One man's escapism is another one's awakening.

And greed also corruption and stupidity.... really don't help.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I ask these questions all the time and the only response i can come up with is that i've held a keen interest and preoccupation with these subjects from a very young age and I feel very drawn to the knowledge i find from them.

I would love nothing more than to openly discuss these matters with anyone and everyone, but I am fully aware that most people will be less susceptible and open to such alternative ideas. So I only discuss them if people ask.
I also figure, instead of constantly trying to meddle with peoples point of view, it's about them finding their own individual truth, rather than accepting one for all.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by pretty_vacant

Originally posted by pretty_vacant
I ask these questions all the time and the only response i can come up with is that i've held a keen interest and preoccupation with these subjects from a very young age and I feel very drawn to the knowledge i find from them.

Me too... almost for as long as i can remember I've questioned and thought about things.
And i am also drawn to the knowledge and sometimes comfort i find in many of these topics.
Comfort in the fact that other people see and feel the same and perhaps after all that I'm not strange or stupid for questioning these things and having "out-there" thoughts and theories.

I would love nothing more than to openly discuss these matters with anyone and everyone, but I am fully aware that most people will be less susceptible and open to such alternative ideas. So I only discuss them if people ask.
I also figure, instead of constantly trying to meddle with peoples point of view, it's about them finding their own individual truth, rather than accepting one for all.

I totally agree.

Like i said i generally only talk about these topics if someone else bring it up.
And i think people really do have to find their own truths and confirm of disprove their own theories.

"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink"

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Its funny because I have been in the same boat,

I am no prophet but the way I see it if you speak to someone and they ridicule you from the beginning and then you throw fact after fact at them they have no where to go except ponder the reality of these things.

For example my whole family used to ridicule me, they thought that I was young and I was 'going through a stage' however, after seeing how life effected me in a different way, they all changed their minds.

For example my mother, excepted tarot reading and started experimenting herself and taking classes on crystal healing, my dad once threw me out of the house for invoking the devil, (of course it wasn't the devil just something outside of the box) however, now he sees psychics and goes to spiritualist church, my sister turned to spiritualism after she saw things whilst we were 'chilling out' my brother is facinated with 2012 now I have no idea why we never ever talked about it. The funny thing is all these people laughed and ridiculed me for years oh how things change.

What about at work? I have recently opened up at work about my understanding of life and I sometimes get ridiculed when I am in a big group discussing however, after the group disperses people come up to see me and tell me about their experiences, instead of talking in the group they say to me that they were SCARED of being ridiculed themselves so they decided to go along with everyone else and poke fun.

There is the flaw IMHO that is the main reason why we are in this mess. We all need to think for ourselves and make our own choices and not be influenced by others.

Edit: - I must add that there are some people that point blankly refuse to accept anything other than science. For those people you could put proof right in front of their nose and they will still not believe it, for these people they have to find out the hard way.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by franspeakfree]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Peer group pressure is enormously powerful.
Many people won't listen to "conspiracy theories" because they are afraid they might believe it and be labelled as nuts.

The more we can gently air our knowledge in a way that is not too weird sounding, the more the balance will change.

Perhaps one day it will be the people who swallow the official line on everything who will be ridiculed and we'll be mainstream.

The pendulum never stops.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join