It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are we interested in these topics?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Last night i was round a friends house and there were 5 of us there.
Only me and another mate are actually interested in conspiracies and UFO's and NWO type topics and conversations.

We were really having a good chat and "thought" we were just talking to one another... however, the others had been listening and someone said "hang on, what are you two on about?" we explained how "possibly" the government and governments of many countries as well and big businesses and big Pharma, conspire against the citizens and are slowly taking away freedoms and rights of people all the time plus the ID card talk and holding DNA of innocent people ETC.... a range of things we were talking about really.

We were met with ridicule and skepticism by the other friends.... i mean it was all in good humour and we debated our case quite fiercely but all having a laugh too.

But they were just saying and kept repeating "How does it affect my life?" and "what is there to gain by them doing it?"

And however we tried and whatever angle we came at them from...it just didn't work... i know most people don't believe and we ARE the minority.... but

It honestly struck me that literally everyone either doesn't care, doesn't believe or just doesn't want to hear it...
And when i say just doesn't believe.... in some cases they find it absolutely hilarious and ridiculous.....

Now me personally..... I'm not a particularly gullible person... I don't believe any and every conspiracy and rumour that comes out, but there are definitely things that are not quite right in regards to Government, Disclosure, Religion, 9/11 and a few other topics.

I just wondered if you guys have had similar experiences and what happened?

And also what do you believe and why?

Cheers

[edit on 12/5/09 by blupblup]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
HI blupblup, I don't talk to people about it,

One time I did talk to a family member about the UFOs I saw and she laughed hysterically.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
HI blupblup, I don't talk to people about it,

One time I did talk to a family member about the UFOs I saw and she laughed hysterically.

I know, I've had similar experiences with family members too.

Do you think it's mainly out of fear of the unknown, a willingness to bury their heads in the sand or they just truly do find these topics ridiculous?

I feel it's a bit of a mixture... i mean i suppose every case is different.

I dunno?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Hi. I talked to my husband about these kinds of subjects and he either looks at me without commenting, making me feel ridiculous or says, "what can I do about it, if it is true we are all screwed." So, I don't talk to him about these things anymore.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I have tried talking to my family and friends about topics like these and they just laugh it off, and call me crazy.

I had a friend who even told me I "think to much"!

We are defintiley in the minority. I assume people don't care or don't want to know, because they don't want to give up their lifestyles. If they realized that there were more important things at work in the world, than American Idol or Dancing with the Stars would seem very insignificant.

But just keep your eyes open, and don't let people discourage you.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Do you think it's mainly out of fear of the unknown, a willingness to bury their heads in the sand or they just truly do find these topics ridiculous?

I am going to have to think about this. I guess it is like believing in God if you know what I mean,
If they haven't experienced a UFO then they find it hard to believe and people like to burst other people bubbles.

I even waited a couple years before i got the courage to tell anyone I had a telepathic experience with a UFO, now if you read my Post I seem normal, lol

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut
Hi. I talked to my husband about these kinds of subjects and he either looks at me without commenting, making me feel ridiculous or says, "what can I do about it, if it is true we are all screwed." So, I don't talk to him about these things anymore.

Yep, that's exactly the kind of comments we were getting!!

"oh well, we're screwed then" said with real sarcasm or "And..what can i do?"

I don't tend to talk to many of my "real-life" friends about these things either... but as i said, my fiend was there and he is into them....so we were chatting away... then the other friend pipes up saying we were mad and whatever and we tried telling her what we knew or what we think we know.... and then soon found ourselves being ridiculed from every angle

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I try to talk to people about it but only do it once.
If I get a negative reaction or they don't want to hear about these things or talk about them then I just chalk it up to them being affected by the plague we call ignorance.
Its the biggest plague in existance and many are affected by it.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I've had this happen a lot too. Its so sad that all this is going to go down and no one is going to be aware. In fact sometimes they don't even hide it and people are too busy watching American Idol to realize it. It's so sad...

That's the point though. Those "upper powers" make everyone out to be a nutcase through movies and media, so when they're actually right they get no credit for any of it. The UFO thing is leaning more towards disclosure though...it might be getting more attention.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69

Do you know.... you have summed it up perfectly.... one of my best friends says that to me.
She always says i over-think things and why can't i just get along and accept things??

I always say she i s the poster-girl for the government and they would love everyone to be like her.... we do wind each other up for sure.

But seriously.... do you think it is because we over-think things?

Or do most people under-think them?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
personally, I've come 360 degrees full circle.

back in 1988 I read "An Alien Harvest" (full of xeroxed gov documents etc..) about the whole ET presence,

Then learning about Dulce, led me into all the other conspiracies.

I freaked out about 9/11 when i started looking into the conspiracy aspect about it. then really freaked out about everythign else I found out.

Talking to people about it only made me look like an insane person, and my repoir plummited with a number of groups of friends and family.. so I study it and study it..

only when I hit rock bottom and began to really dig deep into esoteric mysticism and gnostic teachings of all religions.. did i fully understand how and why this is all happening..

and how there's nothing to be afraid of, except your own fear.
that your time here is valuable, and we shoudl use it to improve ourselves and experience what we need to experience with other people.. and learn lessons in order to further refine our minds/souls..to a higher standard.

I know that everything that's happening on all levels is happening according to a very specific scheduled scripting, and it's all going to be ok.

We've some AMAZING things coming up soon..

so yeah.. I am not so interested in discussing the negative conspiratorial matters with people in every day life anymore.

in my mind there remains nothing to be alarmist about.

I would rather talk to them about how they are doing in life, what do they like about life, who and what they are.. what they love doing.. or if I can help them in any way.

I do enjoy speaking about esoteric, gnostic, symbolic and mystical matters with people that know their stuff.
That can make for some nice long coffee-shop or walk on the beach talks.

I think the most interesting things we talk about here are the future of religions and technology.

so I generally stick to those topics.

I wouldn't worry about your friends rejecting this stuff.

There comes a time, if you REALLY get to the rock bottom on all this stuff.. where you might actually prefer being in a room with people that have no clue about it, than people that do.. and just enjoy them as 'people'.. not 'who's awake whos asleep' etc..

If taken in the panicky way many take this stuff.. it can make for some very mentally-ill and paranoid unpredictable people.

-

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
I try to talk to people about it but only do it once.
If I get a negative reaction or they don't want to hear about these things or talk about them then I just chalk it up to them being affected by the plague we call ignorance.
Its the biggest plague in existance and many are affected by it.

yeah..... me too i guess.

I always "test the waters" so to speak.
But you can tell from the response whether it's worth it or not.

And yep.... Ignorance and apathy are rife throughout the world....

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by theendisnear69

lol

yeah - I get that too

as if less thinking is really what we should be aiming for

everything will be OK - if we just wouldn't think so much

it doesn't matter what the exact topic is - does it?

conspiracy, UFOs, the Loch Ness Monster - run of the mill politics

the thing is - I've actually said that to other people - I've even said it to myself

:-)

the thinking continues...

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchtheashes
That's the point though. Those "upper powers" make everyone out to be a nutcase through movies and media, so when they're actually right they get no credit for any of it. The UFO thing is leaning more towards disclosure though...it might be getting more attention.

That really is the problem...anyone who believes anything slightly alternative or "out-there" is deemed a lunatic.
Remember George Bush's little statement about not tolerating "outlandish conspiracy theories?"

The denial and ridicule is evident everywhere, and on every level.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I am a Fire Sign, and thus a talker. I will find myself talking to anyone who will listen, or argue with me. I will say things like, "ask me any three questions," or "you are a slave, and I can prove it too you," or "there are but two kinds of people on Earth, which are you, friend?"
These day people are hungry for information they don't have to research for. People love secrets, and I happen to know a lot of them, just as my fellow members here do. People are angrier now, they don't like losing their home or car, or their jobs. They don't like the prices at the store, but do not know why, so they will listen if you explain to them about hidden taxes that eat them alive. People are hungry to learn things about the law, for many in my area have had trouble with the police, and got themselves screwed royal in the courts. I figure it like this, I got my information by reading all the time, and researching even more. It was basically free for me to attain, and I have a lot of time to do it in, where the common working man does not have this time. So if I were to keep in secret, it would do no good at all, and all those days would be wasted, for I would take it to the grave. So, I give it freely to anyone. How about the rest of you knowledgeable people...do you give it out too?

For those who are wondering who or what the two kinds of people are....

Type 1. In Service to Others

Type 2. In Service to Self

(there is no grey area here, you are one or the other.)

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I find that if you bring it up through certain topics they are interested in sometimes they can link them and get it. UFOs for example are pretty easy to get into if you do it in good humor. Other topics, like NWO or black projects and such are often best left to people who think about that sort of thing.

I've concluded that some people are just busy in their day to day. Like a dog chasing a ball. Not everyone stops and looks up... or stops and really thinks "why? wtf am i doing chasing this ball?". However, every now and then you bump into other people who ask or wonder the same sorta things, to some degree. Any conspiracy topic, I find, if presented realistically (dont just JUMP into the raw materials, lol) can be brought up.

I see no reason to present what I find interesting to everyone I meet, however, because I find a lot of things other people care about to be useless. So why would I do the same to them? If they are happy/contempt with their livs, even if I find it wrong, or false or silly, who am I to judge?

Thats why I come here and read threads by people like you =).

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
and how there's nothing to be afraid of, except your own fear.
that your time here is valuable, and we shoudl use it to improve ourselves and experience what we need to experience with other people.. and learn lessons in order to further refine our minds/souls..to a higher standard.

Oh definitely, i couldn't agree more.
I think the amount of fear and negativity and BS that is spread about these topics, help to tarnish the subjects and stop people becoming interested.
And definitely, time is valuable we should try everyday to help people and and help ourselves both mentally and spiritually.

so yeah.. I am not so interested in discussing the negative conspiratorial matters with people in every day life anymore.
in my mind there remains nothing to be alarmist about.

I know what you mean.... it's not the first time I've had these debates or discussions with friends, it's just that a friend was there and i know he likes this kinda stuff... although he is a little more "out-there" in his thoughts and theories than me..

And i agree... alarmist is the wrong way to be or go about it.
I just like to keep myself "clued-up" and "in the know" so to speak.
And it's nice to be able to chat to people in your "real-life" sometimes too...

There comes a time, if you REALLY get to the rock bottom on all this stuff.. where you might actually prefer being in a room with people that have no clue about it, than people that do.. and just enjoy them as 'people'.. not 'who's awake whos asleep' etc..
-

Oh i usually never talk about these things with friends.... as i said above, i have done over the years, mainly in my late teens and care free years

But now yeah..... very rarely i get the chance to chat to someone about it... that's why me and my friend got stuck in.... but we were not expecting the responses or ridicule we got.

We kept saying to each other "ah well, at least WE know mate" and stuff like that... kinda rubbing it in..... but they thought that was even funnier.... we just couldn't win

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Originally posted by theendisnear69
But seriously.... do you think it is because we over-think things?
Or do most people under-think them?

Well....I've been told that by almost everyone I've ever known. It appears lots of us have that in common. Hmmm.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

I think you're over-thinking things there

But seriously...people really do say that huh?

i KNOW i probably analyze and over-think things....but as you say, it's not like the opposite is actually better?

I would rather think too much than just muddle through life with my head in the clouds

[edit on 12/5/09 by blupblup]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Well personally I think people underthink, or just ignore things all together. I mean your life literally is easier if you don't think about these things.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join