It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montauk Trouble

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
All of the images I was able to find online last night show the dish pointing in the same direction. Here are a few:

www.nytimes.com...

www.laviano.net...

www.geocities.com...

The only exception was exuberant1's from 1993.

I have friends that researched the Montauk Project. In the late 80's they recounted tales of experiments that were conducted in the 50's & 60's on teenagers that resulted in bizarre behaviors such a mass exiting of buildings on cue and standing in the streets at set times. They also told of the (now) standard Montauk lore of workers leading double lives that they were completely unaware of at the time, having worked on secret projects in underground complexes.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Thanx for the posted link KeyHole

There are some good shots, great shots actually! Great field work & picture posting by the staff, I might add.

< Gonna finish reading that thread.....
but one thing that caught my attention in the thread is the plane. How it was flying over the base on all the visits.

Made me think of the 'skyeye' (350).
www.skyeye350.com...

but if you look at the (Montauk) photo, at the horizontal stabilizer, it crosses on the bottom of the aircraft. (where the skyeye on top).
Interesting it was flying over the base on all the occasions, however, I don't think it was (necessarily) a surveillance craft.

Anyway.

IMO, it's nothing more than a Federal (property), a park.
I don't think they would have turned it into a park and allowed tours if there was anything sinister, big going on.
The place is just packed with mystery and peculiarity. I know!
I think it's what makes any conspiracy theories about Camp Hero more interesting, and ongoing.
I would love to see some new pics tho!

Yes yes.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
There is only one scenario where this would be interesting.

Reactivation of dormant continental defense networks.
Of course they may have been active all along in a stationary, passive mode.

They would not announce that they were systematically feigning the deactivation of a stationary defense network which they want enemys to remove from their targeting lists.

If a sleeper defense grid has come awake on it's own, or been activated there will be other sites. Are there reports of other sites?

What threat might they be responding to?

The large cement rectangles on the ground look to be old Missile defense covers. They would slide away to open the missile silos.

I doubt that one single person knows all of the U.S.A.s actual defenses. They are probably compartmentalized. There are long ties between the Parks Department and the Military. Sometimes when edges are fuzzy, there is no actual seperation, only the appearance of seperate entitites.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Cyberbian]

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Cyberbian]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Ok, so I went back. I have been back and forth between Montauk and Jersey a lot in the past 2 weeks, so I am exhausted. I was followed up 27 by a MOntauk PD suv, so I detoured at first to the lighthouse parking lot. Call me overly paranoid but he did slow down to see if we were getting out of the car. So I let my daughter play on the play ground there for a few minutes the circled back around to the base. But here is the current situation out there (please keep in mind I had my 6 year old daughter with me, so walking great distances was not happening today.), part of the base is accessible by vehicle. The most intriguing areas you have to walk to. They have trails that state no vehicle beyond this point, hiking, riding, skiing, etc. only. The parking areas are quite distant from the beginning of any of the trails to wherever they lead to. I imagine this is to deter people from being nosy. I first parked by the bluffs then headed on foot to the south road which there is a sign that stated vehicles prohibited unless you have a fishermans permit or whatever its called. So we headed south and then there was a path heading east, along this path were some oddities, first there was a weird piece of machinery just sitting in the overgrown brush, next my daughter asked what the metal thing was sticking out of the ground. Now the metal thing looked like a pipe if you were walking by but when I got close and took a picture from the side and the top of it I would say maybe it was used for something below ground. We made it halfway up this trail when I started to feel creeped out. My daughter who is blowing bubbles and walking says mommy there is a brown bear with big eyes looking at me. Well camera in hand I turn to snap a shot and whatever it was ran on two legs fast further into the brush. Can bears run standing upright? Figures. Anyway we run back to the car to head to the radar dish by vehicle. When we got there three other vehicles were just sitting there looking at it. During our time there the parks department were patroling through a lot. The funniest guy was the one in a golf cart with the park logo on it. Now mind you when you decide to do landscaping don't you normally start in one area and work your way along your property? This guy was originally by the perimeter of the park when we got there and all of a sudden took his grass trimmer and decided to trim near the dish, then by the bowling alley. ANd jumped from one area to another. Funniest part was the old people who decided to drive through and I don't what they saw because they were coming from where the bowling alley area (i was by the dish) and they FLEW down the road to get out like they saw a ghost. I inquired at the lighthouse cafe about Camp Hero. The woman behind the counter looked at me and shook her head, bad entities there she stated. Sometimes in the evening when she would be closing up she would here loud noises coming from the base. But from a logical standpoint that could have been the workers in the park?
I do have some pictures, just give me a chance to load my daughters camera software into my laptop (new camera and I have not had the time to do it). I myself can say I remember back in 2002 being on a fishing boat out there on my honeymoon and asking one of the guys who worked on the boat what is that big dish doing over there, he stated it was a supposedly shut down military base but the locals knew better. About a year later I started inquiring about my fathers position at Grumman (which I never received a straight answer from the military when THEY contacted me) when he was alive (late '70s until 1980) and I found out he never worked for Grumman but worked at their facility in Bethpage for the feds. Sometimes his work would take him out east. Funny after he died my grandparents went at least once a month out there. And my mother she freaks when I mention I have been out there. Eventually my mother told me half of what I read about what went on

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nolongerindenial

I look forward to seeing your photos, this whole thing is very intriguing to me. I love reading people's personal stories about it. I really want to go there now and check it out - but since I can not at this time - I want to hear other people's experiences there!

If things were still going on there - wouldn't they keep people away from the area?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
there. She told me to stay away and that there was a reason why she moved us off LI and kept moving us for many years. To this day I think it has to do with the uniforms that showed up at our door asking for my fathers briefcase after he died (at the age of 31!). My brother and I have always felt we are under surveillance for what we have no idea. And neither of us had ever mentioned it to the other until 2003 when my mother freaked on me for contacting Grumman, which then in turn resulted in the military contacting me. She told me to leave it alone. Funniest part to all of this is the first time I drove out to MOntauk alone in '97? I knew the roads inside and out, I never got lost but had only been there once as a child. At least thats what I remember. I also had strange things happen when I was there and an overwhelming feeling of never wanting to leave my hotel room and being scared. But I had no reason to be. The whole place remains a mystery. I think aliens takes it a but far but weather control and mind control projects definitely. Oh...... I did get a picture of one of the buildings with a huge and I mean huge antenna on top of it (the old AT&T building?) and there are extremely new heavy duty power lines going through there. Now why would they need them on the entire base with weird things sticking out of them if the only places they really need electric is the maitenence building..................

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

I know for fact a majority of the training operations were moved to Sag Harbor which too far from MOntauk. MOntauk itself and the base there from what I understand it is the grid location which is needed in the experimentations they do there. SO that itself can only be done there and not in Sag Harbor. Plus the areas that are off limits totally are a major hike. The trails you are allowed on are a hike to get to after you park. The part that is totally off limits is on the south end plus the obvious fenced in areas which are accessible if you want to risk a tresspassing fine or jail. This I do not recccomend.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I meant to say Sag Harbor isn't too far from MOntauk. I have been driving all day so please don't mind the grammar, I am totally exhausted.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Also a fact to mention, the main reason they finally opened part of the base as a park was due to the tresspassers. It was easier to open part of it and fence off some areas plus make the south end totally off limits.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben Niceknowinya

Yes and that 'plane' was around today too. But I did not see it yesterday. Though a military plane did fly past me as I was posting on here yesterday evening and they were heading in the direction of the base, the plane was low. So were they going to the base or to England

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
nolongerindenial, I can't wait to see your pictures. I believe that as you do these things you might remember more that you once knew.

it's just too weird that access is so restricted if this is an abandoned base. No reason for it. No reason for the power lines. It should be possible to hike anywhere and take pictures to your heart's content.

That feeling that you know a place inside and out is important. trust it. remember that every single person involved with montauk has described memory scrubbing techniques that prevented them for years from remembering what had been going on. you and your brother might have had some interesting experiences. another person who has a lot to say about montauk, and one who claims he really remembers everything is stewart swerdlow. he says some very strange stuff though has gone off entirely in his own direction.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by earlywatcher

I contacted Stewart Swerdlow last year and he was useless. I asked him if he remembered my dad and he sends me a link to pay for one of his seminars

Then tells me there were thousands of them out there and he doesn't remember the people really. He is one strange bird. Right now I would say his main concerns are monetary

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I read somewhere that one of the workers installing or maintaining the power lines remarked that there was enough power going in to that place to light up a small city.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Ok that picture is how I always remembered the dish, facing to the side.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by WEOPPOSEDECEPTION

No joke, a couple of cities I would say. It just doesn't make any sense. Then again I try the voice of reason and say maybe there is a logical explanation?? Anyone have any ideas?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

I can not wait for you to post your stuff here. I tried to send a message back on a 'U2U' but do not have enough posts yet

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Nathan9197

I remember seeing this video when it came out. But one of the comments tells you if you how to turn the dish with some of the equipment from inside. So maybe a bunch of explorers have just been going in there and playing around with the equipment?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

Like yourself I am very intrigued with the Montauk Project.
Any research you are willing to share would be greatly appreciated.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

swerdlow is definitely an odd duck. i don't know what to make of his accounts. he is definitely motivated by money. i have gone to his website and read many testimonials of people who claim to be deprogrammed by him by reading his books, watching his dvds, going to his seminars. I only bring him up because he is part of that big picture. He claims involvement with the montauk boys. i find his certainty about everything a bit weird.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

There are many people on here I would love to speak to about what has happened in my life regarding MOntauk etc. but I am unable to use the U2U messaging yet. I will say I contacted Andy Pero (the center of project superman) last year. We corresponded by mail for a while (he is incarcerated) he is very confused and not right. A lot of his problems seem to be whatever they are doing to him in prison (implanting memories?). He has major anger issues, due to the severity of his letters I had to halt communication for a while. I am tempted to contact him since this happened but am not sure if I should. My main concern was he was approaching parole, I was afraid he would snap one day and show up here (his mom lives 2 minutes away). COnsidering I have a young child I have to be careful. I myself lived up the street from the Paramus Facility(another connection to MOntauk) for 2 years in my early teens and never knew. And now I live less thena mile from Pero's mom, which I found out 3 months after I moved here. Funny because I drove down the block where he use to live and a few neighbors waved to me like they knew me, very creepy. The whole dish turning thing has me concerned but then again like I said before someone posted on you tube that you can turn the dish if you are inside the tower building. So that is the most logical answer. Ok am I losing my mind??

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join