It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montauk Trouble

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Montauk Trouble

www.danshamptons.com

Last Wednesday morning, police received a call from a citizen who lives in the Camp Hero housing development just one mile from the giant 11-story abandoned military radar tower saying that when he woke up he observed that the dish atop the tower had moved about 90 degrees counterclockwise from where it had been the night before. When he went to bed, it was pointing to the northwest as it always has. When he woke up, it was pointed to the northeast. It has not moved at all since 1966, this man said, since it had served its final day for the Air Force and was decommissioned. He thought it startling that the dish was now turned in another direction.

The call was transferred to the Montauk Police Annex in the center of downtown Montauk where an officer was dispatched to the scene. The dish was indeed pointing to the northeast. Even though this officer was a longtime Montauk resident, he could not remember if that was different from the direction it always pointed. He thought that perhaps the caller was playing a trick on him and that it had always pointed to the northeast. He went to see the caller, Howard Edelstein, who was adamant that he had seen it move. And so, the officer asked around. Nine people said that even though the dish looms over the landscape at 110 feet, they never noticed before which way it pointed. But one old timer, Max McLaughlin, said he remembered that it pointed northwest and when he looked at it, he became agitated and said that it very definitely had moved.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-5-2009 by mrwupy]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I knew last week upon my arrival at Camp Hero something was different. Upon reaching the radar tower building I was completely puzzled, something just was not right. So my daughter and I took pictures of it and were contemplating what we were missing. Many residents are flipping out here and concerned that something is just not right. I don't know if I posted this in right area, this is my first time posting. Anyone have any opinions?? I can't imagine the wind moved it!!

www.danshamptons.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Wow, what a perplexing story!!!

S&F

I have no clue what could be moving the dang thing other than...well... Magnetic fluctuations of some kind? ET's?
Freaky man.

[edit on Mon May 11th 2009 by TrueAmerican]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
That's really weird - the experts say that the mechanism is frozen up.... And rusty bolts are still in place, rusty bolts would of shown signs of tampering I would of thought..

I hope it moves again and is witnessed this time... I think someones playing a joke - but they must really know what they are doing.

very odd.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Heading:Officials Investigate Why Abandoned Radar Dish Turns Some

Dan's Papers - Source Article

Slightly spooky one but I'm sure there's a rational explanation. Here's one of the comments from the site:

I think the swivel lock under the reflector array is either broken or has loosened. There is probably a weathervane effect when the wind is high enough.
Either that, or ET HAS phoned home!

Phooooone Hooooome!

I personally go with the "weather-vane" scenario, or maybe some really industrious ham operator has friends in faraway places.

Why can't they just anchor the thing to the ground to make sure it doesn't turn in future?

Interesting story, thanks for sharing. Welcome to ATS "nolongerindenial".

Edit to move snippet to main article.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by mrwupy]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
My question is ......how would someone get up there? I was out here a little over a week ago and thats when I took the pictures I have. I came back here (Montauk) Saturday and finally sat down and read Dan's Paper today and was like I can't believe this. When I knew something didn't look right thats what it was it had moved. My dad worked on the base in the late 70's up until he died in '81 (he was only in his early thirties). So for me this brings up alot of questions. I am hoping it is someone playing a joke. If it isn't then we are in for a world of surprises. When reading about the possibility of any so called 'Montauk Conspiracies' online I would say at least half of what you read is true (minus the aliens). Mind control and weather altering projects were the big thing here when my dad was working there.
And just this very moment a military plane just flew past me towards the base, as I am sitting outside on the deck watching the ocean. The whole thing gives me the creeps.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
My question is ......how would someone get up there? I was out here a little over a week ago and thats when I took the pictures I have. I came back here (Montauk) Saturday and finally sat down and read Dan's Paper today and was like I can't believe this. When I knew something didn't look right thats what it was it had moved. My dad worked on the base in the late 70's up until he died in '81 (he was only in his early thirties). So for me this brings up alot of questions. I am hoping it is someone playing a joke. If it isn't then we are in for a world of surprises. When reading about the possibility of any so called 'Montauk Conspiracies' online I would say at least half of what you read is true (minus the aliens). Mind control and weather altering projects were the big thing here when my dad was working there.
And just this very moment a military plane just flew past me towards the base, as I am sitting outside on the deck watching the ocean. The whole thing gives me the creeps.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
That is odd! I read the article and it seems others are puzzled as well as to how it moved. I mean what could move something so big?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Hahahah "weather vane", afte rseeing the picture of that massive dish you find me the wind that could budge that thing to move. That thing is massive, never realized how big it was until seeing a picture of it.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracySquid7

I imagine the design of the dish is one that would have allowed easy movement with minimum effort, a well balanced centre of gravity.

If the swivel anchoring mechanism has been damaged what's to stop the wind rotating it?..particulary as it's shaped like a giant sail.

to "nolongerindenial": chuck a rope with a grappling hook on it and yank! If it can be moved by a single person, it could be moved by the wind I'm sure.

Watch out for cops though.
better still, get them to try.

(cheers to mrwupy for clarifying the OP.
)

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
This thing hasn't moved in years. The people living in the housing adjacent to the park have not seen this thing move since they have lived there for around 10 years!! Government records state the dish hasn't moved since '66. I have heard in the '90's it moved twice but that is only hearsay. There is no way the wind moved it, then it would have been moving constantly all the time. The winds out here can be vicious!!
Either someone is playing a huge prank and I don't know how they are getting 11 stories up there to move it or something else is gong on. I am hoping it is a prankster or pranksters (I doubt one person could move it.) otherwise like I said we are in for some weird goings on.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Here is a thought. It is now facing the rising summer solstice sun.

Has the black sun begun to rise? The sun of entropy, the ani-matter sun? The son/sun of God was Christ. Who is the anti-son/sun the son/sun of?

Looks like the time is nigh.

Get your house in order people.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

When he went to bed, it was pointing to the northwest as it always has. When he woke up, it was pointed to the northeast.

On Google Earth it looks to be pointing northeast - not northwest. (41.062293°, -71.874231°).

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Nothing last forever, maybe the next thing to happen is collapse. A piece of metal so long time without maintenance its expect something like this.

An advice, try first logic terrain explanations, when you rule out the possibilities ask an expert, if the person don't no ether what is happening now you can speculate crazy things.

be cool

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by nolongerindenial

Hm. Well, the article report is May 8, 2009 and the claim of the witness is that it happened May 6th.

Issue #07 - May 8, 2009

Last Wednesday morning

Here is a screen shot of what you can find on Live Search Maps - birds eye level. You will see it appears to be pointing NE. I do not know when the sat picture was taken, but I cant imagine it was taken in the past few days.

LIVE SEARCH MAP IMAGE:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9799ee573aad.jpg[/atsimg]

Go here for FULL SIZE IMAGE

GOOGLE EARTH IMAGE:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eefcad47c8fb.jpg[/atsimg]

So either the man is just mistaken or the GE and Live Search Map images via satelites have been updated on or around May 6th?

[edit on 5/12/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Google Earth has been updated.

The individual was correct in his assertion;

The dish did move.

*Photo from 1993 - (compare to Google Earth photos):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bf1003339287.jpg[/atsimg]

Edit: whoever thinks this is a "weathervein-effect" should post precedent for it happening to a dish this size that is axially locked and which is specifically designed to prevent wind strain whilst maintaining effective signal reflectivity..

Got links?:

*another word for weather vein is 'weathercock';

Example: I'm waiting for the debunker who says this dish has been weathercocked to provide corroboration in the form of precedent.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
i certainly would not be peeking my nose around that place. gives me the creeps just looking at pics.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
so i was just checking google maps to check the direction the satellite was pointing in, and i found out some interesting things.......

the "montauk project" was a series of supposed psychological experiments that went on around AN/FPS-35 a long range radar used by the USAF which functions at 420-450 MHz. en.wikipedia.org...

i personally don't see too much there, other than the satellite is pointing through pawtucket/providence and straight up the 95 into maine.

people have talked about this "montauk project conspiracy" for quite some time now,many different weird events conspiring, maybe there is something there.....

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Here's a few more pictures that are more recent and taken since it was opened up to the public. Not my pictures mind you, but ones I found in a google image search.

prosites-wonesac.homestead.com...

www.theironskeptic.com...

upload.wikimedia.org...

One that looks older but shows the dish in the same position:

www.vivabrady.com...

Honestly all of them that I came across show it facing that direction except this photo, perhaps it is one taken before it was decommissioned:

www.pharmachip.hu...

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I walked from the beach open in the fence line to the front gate a few years back.

When I was under the tower their was a loud metallic "wamph" every few seconds. It was always at the same interval & the same frequency. It seamed to emulate from the upper part of the tower site. It was so low a frequency I could almost feel it. I must have stood there for 5 mins just looking at it.

I suspected that the sound was the metal contracting from the earlier heat of the day. It size of this thing is not evident until you are standing below it. Its huge.

When I did this myself it was just before dark.
I wanted to get out of the place before I got in trouble.
I ran into a guard with large dogs just before I got out.

I was wondering if the sound is just heat expansion or contraction?
Or ELF?

If it is ELF could it be flexing or contorting metal frame.

It was facing NE at the time I saw it.

1 101010

--Watcher

[edit on 5/12/2009 by n120by60w]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join