It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Push to Revolution

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I must say I have in the past heard people express anger at the government, but never have I seen so much talk of essentially outright Civil War II. I would still like to know the "Dead Television" count from the day after the election. Must have been a lot of those "ol Boys" up in the hills that got so angry they picked up the trusty double barrell and blew away the TV

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

You yourself stated that so far the only thing you seem to agree with the constitution is the second amendment. I'm sure this is not entirely true as I'm sure you enjoy other rights that the constitution gives you. But that being said, it gives me the impression that you seem to pick and choose what you agree with in order to go with what your own perceptions are.

So no, I may not know EXACTLY what you say you fight for, but you give the impression that you are going to fight only for those parts of the constitution you agree with. To me this is troubling because it will lead to more and more compromises and changes that will deter focus from the actual goal.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kenton1234

kenton, with no disrespect, if you don't like the material being discussed on this thread, then why post?

Why read threads that you disagree with?

Some folks burn their hands on the stove, and keep sticking their hands back on the stove! I never figured that out.

And let's stay on topic about guns. I don't CC to kill people.

I CC so that if some active felon really needs it, they don't go away disappointed. People who beg for something should get it.

And about our distinct disadvantage of not having the banks, the military, and the technology on our side?

Are you sure?

Are you really sure that they have the advantages?

I know better.

All I want is a return to the Constitution of our forefathers. If left alone, it worked great. The only improvement should be term limits, and this will largely not be needed if we go back to where the States appoint the Senators, just as intended!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by earthman4

Once a black man became president all the rednecks revolted. It had nothing to do with politics, just race.

What nonsense.

I have issues with his policies, not his skin color. I'm going to guess you had issues with President Bush? Was it because of his race? No? Then why are my problems with President Obama race based? Hmmm?

Again, what a load of nonsense.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar

Originally posted by earthman4

Once a black man became president all the rednecks revolted. It had nothing to do with politics, just race.

What a simple little flat world you must live in with ignorant ideologies like that. I hated Bush (a white guy) just as much.

It has only to do with policies not skin color. Grow up.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Anonymous Avatar]

I'll grow up when you look around. Insults don't really prove your point very well, kid.

What am I supposed to be looking for? Racism? Maybe you should look around and take your racist colored glasses off. If Obama was white and was doing the same crap, I would be equally pissed.

There is no insult to you. It is sound advice... grow up. Get out of your box.

Did you ever hear any white people telling black people oh you just hate Bush because he is white?

Yes and your hatred is unfounded. No changes have been made that a majority did not approve. You are now a minority, racist or not. Live with it. Don't start shooting. Don't start the White Panther movement. Relax and let the guy fix our country.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Question
You yourself stated that so far the only thing you seem to agree with the constitution is the second amendment.

Really? Where did I mention the constitution? Please point it out.

Anyway, here's a thread from the past, 04. Not seeing all the "conservatives" standing up for the constitution then, hmmm.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 11-5-2009 by 27jd]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Really are you serious? I was so totaly unaware the the president is black? Can somone please clue me in here? When did we start letting black people vote let alone be president?

On a serious note, you got to be kidding me, just because you think hes an idioit and ruining this country even more does that mean your a rascist? I thought George W. Bush was an Idoit does that make me a rascist as well?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Really? Is it really that easy for you to believe such a simplistic falsehood? Or are you knowingly repeating this lie in an attempt to undermine your political opposition?

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Riposte]

link   
reply to post by 27jd

but the only 'values' I share with you all is a love of guns and the outdoors,

from your own post. You say that apparently you seem to only value the 2nd amendment. You don't mention the constitution specifically, but lets not try to kid ourselves here and try to play the "splitting hair" games. Oh sure, you go on to say that you really do want this country to be what it's supposed to be "free" which I agree with. But it really makes me wonder exactly what your definition of "free" is when so far, the only value you seem to have in common with us is the 2nd amendment.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Question]

link   
reply to post by dooper

'kenton, with no disrespect, if you don't like the material being discussed on this thread, then why post?
Why read threads that you disagree with?
Some folks burn their hands on the stove, and keep sticking their hands back on the stove! I never figured that out."
Oh no, I enjoy watching dogs chase their own tails. And watching someone stick their hand on a stove over and over again...After a while that also becomes quite comical. When the next election comes around your gonna stick your hand back on the stove and I'm gonna laugh. Why because now it's just plain fun to watch and read about.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I have issues with his policies, not his skin color. I'm going to guess you had issues with President Bush? Was it because of his race? No? Then why are my problems with President Obama race based? Hmmm?

I was going to deny the ignorant on this one, but I believe I have an answer.

It is easier,

Easier for a racist to immediately bring the color of a persons skin into a discussion where the racist cannot or will not be bothered to defend their opinions with any semblance of fact.

Easier change the argument around, and point an accusing finger towards those who simply want to express there love of freedom and there anger and dismay at the constant onslaught against them.

Someday, A long time from now, I am sure everyone will realise that the Human race is what we are concerned with. I am also sure that there will be a new way to turn a conversation into what it wasn't.

EDIT:

I was about to remove this post, but I decided rather than "take back" what i originally said I would instead add this. I am sure that I speak not only for myself when I say.

It does not matter if you are a space alien from mars or a reptilian from hollow earth or Joe from down the street! If you you intend to remove from me, the freedoms outlined in the constitution of the United States of America, Then I will take issue with that. Period.

END EDIT

[edit on 5/11/2009 by AlienChaser]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kresh7

It's the United States of America, America is the shortened version. So it is America. The continent is called North America...as opposed to say, South America...

To change things, not just here in America, people need to get off their Seinfeld watching butts and do what's needed. Non violently preferably, but violently should all the other options fail. If it was good enough for our Founding Fathers, and other revolutionaries, certainly it's something, after all else fails, to contemplate.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
What you detractors fail to realize is that it is by and large the same people whot were pissed with Bush.

It is snowballing. Sure, we got up in arms a few years ago. But the states were not threatening secession then either.

This movement is slowly picking up steam. More mainstream people are starting to realize that the two pony show is actually a lone hooker on the corner telling you what you want to hear to take all your money and freedoms.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

reply to post by ClintK

Again, it is painfully obvious you are not reading anything said in this thread making it all the more painful to read the literary diarrhea you are typing.

Anyway... to each their own. Enjoy your life.

You know what? Everything is "obvious" to you. I've read quite a bit of this thread since I first posted. And my opinion remains the same. This whole revolution idea is nonsense that's never going to happen. And it's comical to watch people getting all hyped up over it in this thread. It's just not in touch with reality. Either the majority of the military are going to defect to the rebels, or you're gonna get some some big, angry militia together to whup 'em. And the people are so angry they're gonna be okay with overthrowing a government elected by democratic elections.

You're excited by the idea of a revolution, so you tell yourself that it's coming, that you see signs, that you see a quickly growing wave of support and the imminent collapse of the system, etc. But the vast majority of the people in this country don't see that at all.

But I disagree with you, so my response is "literary diarrhea." How could it be anything else? It's so "obvious." Maybe some day I'll be more rational and come around to your point of view.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Question
from your own post. You say that apparently you seem to only value the 2nd amendment. You don't mention the constitution specifically, but lets not try to kid ourselves here and try to play the "splitting hair" games.

Yes. Assumptions and false blanket statements are the way to go. I think I made it clear that i want freedom for ALL. I do not disagree with ANY part of the constitution, but you can continue to say I do, thats your right under it.

But it really makes me wonder exactly what your definition of "free" is when so far, the only value you seem to have in common with us is the 2nd amendment.

You got me. I'm going to demand you marry a man, outlaw religion, and abort all your children.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by 27jd]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riposte

Really? Is it really that easy for you to believe such a simplistic falsehood? Or are you knowingly repeating this lie in an attempt to undermine your political opposition?

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Riposte]

I am entrenched with rednecks, they think I am one of them. I see them using policy as a front for racism. If Obama was against eating babies, they would be for it. Sorry if I made it seem those who oppose his ideals and are not racist do not exist. They are another minority, they get rights, but no say in the making of law. Rise up for a just cause, not petty differences in politics.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ClintK

Hrmmph. I have never looked forward to a Revolution. It just jumped out at me one night while I was out smoking. I did a google search, and found ATS.

Now go read the post above yours

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Yes and your hatred is unfounded. No changes have been made that a majority did not approve. You are now a minority, racist or not. Live with it. Don't start shooting. Don't start the White Panther movement. Relax and let the guy fix our country.

Really, the majority supports warrantless wiretapping and checkpoints? The majority supports bailouts? The majority supports leaving the borders wide open? The majority supports spending future generations into debt? What mystical majority are you talking about?

There are a lot of regular folks watching silently, who when the time comes will stand up. I'm hoping we get the chance to speak our mind in the next election, and nothing really bad has to happen. I'm starting to hear regular people talk about this, people who you would never expect to be paying attention, but they are watching really close. People who just want to live their life in peace and be left alone, hard working people who don't need big brother to take care of them and get by just fine on their own.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by miraclerock]

[edit on 11-5-2009 by miraclerock]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Your party lines rhetoric only serves to divide us, during a time when we all need to stand together.

I had a problem with bush when he took office, and I now have the same problem with obama.

It's not about race.
It's not about political affiliation.

It's about the globalist agenda that is pushed forward, despite the will of the people, regardless of which side of the same coin takes office.

There are plenty of countries that would object to the one world government that is trying to be pushed through behind closed doors.

Why is it so difficult for us all to respect each other's way of life, and live in peace, not pushing your "morale agenda" on others?

Government in its current incarnation only works for themselves and people who line their pockets.

We are not being represented - if we were, the majority of the policies obama has rushed through in the wake of the 'financial crisis' manufactured by the fed and the banks wouldn't have passed through congress.

We wrote letters, phoned our representatives, every effort fell on deaf ears, clogged with hard cash from greedy corporations and banks.

I believe the time for talk is over.

“I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs.”

-Thomas Jefferson

Emphasis mine. Can't you see this has already begun?

[edit on 11-5-2009 by djzombie]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ClintK

Don't feel alone. I have also stated that I think this talk of 'revolution' is overstated at best. I don't agree that those 'wanting' revolution are a small minority. However, I do think that the majority of those favoring 'revolution' are talk.

If there is a revolt, it will be squashed so fast it'll be nothing but a blip on the radar. Also thing there are a lot of people craving revolution and those are the nut cases that bomb federal buildings.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join