It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not funny: Barack Obama laughs at Wanda Sykes "joke" about wanting Rush Limbaugh dead

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fremd
i'd also like to add that Barack Obama also laughed at:

Jokes about Barack Obama
Jokes about Michelle Obama
Jokes about Joe Biden
Jokes about Nancy Pelosi

So either he hates himself, his wife, his VP, and nancy pelosi

or he's just laughing at a funny joke.

Conservatives really need to get a clue.

So, were any of the jokes he laughed at about him, his wife, his VP, and the Speaker of the House centered on serious physical pain and suffering?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Everyone at the event (i.e. over the age of 30) knew that she had gone too far, you can plainly hear their reaction on the video and the look on her face says it all.

Most members on ATS (i.e. people under the age of 12) will find any jokes about death or old people pooping absolutely hilarious.

Here's your non-partisan litmus test:

If you found Kathy Griffin's "Jesus can suck it" joke at the 2007 Emmys offensive, you need no help, if you found it hilarious, you need some Kool Aid.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

so, then, in your opinion, a joke that is centered around a taboo subject should not be allowed? Or is your judgment just too clouded by the anger of loosing something as silly as an election?

Seriously now

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

If you found Kathy Griffin's "Jesus can suck it" joke at the 2007 Emmys offensive, you need no help, if you found it hilarious, you need some Kool Aid.

Translation:

Surrender your vessel. You and your crew will be assimilated into the collective. Resistance is futile. Personality and differences will not be tolerated, you will evolve to become a greater being...greater being defined any way we see fit. You eat when we tell you, sleep when we tell you, piss when we tell you!

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fremd
so, then, in your opinion, a joke that is centered around a taboo subject should not be allowed?

So, are you saying taboo subject matter; like race, gender, disabilities, and the like; are now fair game to jokes in the Democratic party?

Or is your judgment just too clouded by the anger of loosing something as silly as an election?

Seriously now

Actually, I think you're the only one to bring up the election in this thread. Sounds like you're trying to use it as an excuse.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

Foul language and a Star Trek reference.

I rest my case.

(strangely appropriate avatar)

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

I'm saying that i think you can joke about anything.
It's all in how you construct the joke.

To quote the late great George Carlin:

"I can prove to you that rape is funny. Picture porky pig raping elmer fudd"

Now - that being said - i think it would have been different if Barack Obama had made the joke himself.
But you can see the look on his face of "oh, im gona pay for that one tomorrow" after she said it.

And he was right.

Why was he right? Because there are too many uptight ignorant fools in this country who can't see past the blinders Fox News put over the face.

Rush Limbaugh back in the 90's used to use the "caller abortion" when he got a caller who disagreed with him.

Conservatives found it funny as hell.
if you don't know what im talking about, Rush Limbaugh had a sound clip that made a sucking noise (i think a vaccume cleaner?) that ended with a child screaming - and it was called "caller abortion"

Now im not going to get into rather or not i find it funny, but explain to me how something like that is construed as humorous by the same fools who are saying Wanda Sykes was out of line?

and since i know you'll dodge this question like you did the last two - ill answer it for you.

It's because they're wrapped up in the my team politics and they allow pundit idiots to formulate and indoctrinate their opinions for them.
There is no individuality among these people. It's conform or be aborted.

Plain and Simple. You see it from them every day of the year.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Fremd]

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Fremd]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

I LOVED Kathy Griffins joke.
Some tend to think some diety grants awards.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars
reply to post by Fremd

I LOVED Kathy Griffins joke.
Some tend to think some diety grants awards.

I appreciated it as well.
Jesus has better things to do than grant awards to already wealthy people (if we wanna go into the logistics of Kathy's comment)

I just find it striking that it was taken so vigorously.
Just like Wanda Sykes.

As i said in my opening post of this thread:

Don't blame comedians if republicans make themselves an easy target.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
Everyone at the event (i.e. over the age of 30) knew that she had gone too far, you can plainly hear their reaction on the video and the look on her face says it all.

Just curious. Who draws this invisible "line" of which you speak and how can you ascertain audience ages from a C SPAN / Youtube clip?

Back On Topic.

What I find so "milk spewing out of my nose" hilarious is that so many others were poked fun at ( in the spirit of a roast) and yet everyone is defending the rotund poster boy for obesity. ( Jokes were made about President Obama, The First Lady, The Queen of England, The Vice President etc.......)

Curiously, he has not responded himself. Clearly he either A has no comeback or B Took it in stride / context. (In which case I would have to offer him kudos, a first for me.)

Either way, why do you all feel so compelled to be the Polite Police all of a sudden?

At least nobody died.......sticks and stones, etc.

Regards...KK

[edit on 12-5-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Just curious. Who draws this invisible "line" of which you speak and how can you ascertain audience ages from a C SPAN / Youtube clip?

In my humble opinion, your parents draw the invisible line, or not as appears to so often be the case.

The White House Correspondents' Association (WHCA) is an organization of journalists who cover the President of the United States.

Have you seen Helen Thomas?

Seriously, news organizations don't send their spotty faced youths to cover the president, they send their seasoned vets. This is the old guard, literally.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

Funny, I had expected a better rebuttal.

Blame "Our Parents?"

Weak sauce brother.

Regards...KK

[edit on 12-5-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Ok, so it's just a joke, ha ha ha.
Next time someone makes a jokes about things that rhyme with "happy breaded bros", nobody better cry foul because it's just a joke.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

I have never listened to Rush, so you're probably more of an expert on his radio show than I am. I just find Wanda's 'jokes' as highly inappropriate and uncomical. If you feel jokes about wishing extreme physical pain on others is funny, then more power to you. All I have to say is I hope on you and your family all that you wish on others.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Ok, so it's just a joke, ha ha ha.
Next time someone makes a jokes about things that rhyme with "happy breaded bros", nobody better cry foul because it's just a joke.

I agree with you, and thought the whole Don Imus thing was a big media feeding frenzy from the get-go.

And to our good buddy Ferris - who said he hopes my family gets the same treatment that wanda sykes wished on Rush Limbaugh:

Grow up man.
It's a damn joke.

You might find you enjoy life a little more if you smile once in a while.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Funny, I had expected a better rebuttal.

Blame "Our Parents?"

Weak sauce brother.

Regards...KK

Well you asked. Every social misfit I ever knew had lousy parents, every guy you'd want at your side had good parents. Social standards are imprinted early IMO.

Where would you say that a lack of morals or social standards originates from, seriously, I'm curious.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
I can't believe Sykes had the nerve to say "I know you're all into this transparency stuff." She can't be serious. There is no transparency. Bills have not been posted online 5 days in advance as promised, and the Federal Reserve's books are still completely shrouded in secrecy. What a joke these idiot celebrities are.

i can't believe you're taking something that comes from a comedian seriously!

She's there to joke. She's there to exaggerate. She's there to reflect the average joe's thoughts into a room of people who probably NEVER watch TV themselves because they're too busy smoking a cigar on their private yacht somewhere (sorry to generalize...)

She's there to make people laugh.
if she had just said "show me your nipples" it would not have been as funny without laying out the context of the joke ahead of time.

Seriously - lighten up.

Pent up aggression like yours is what causes heart complications later in life. And that's not a joke.

What wanda sykes said, however, was.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

I think because of your history of posts and avatar about Rush nullifies your arguement. You really don't like the man at all. So of course you will think that it was funny

I would agree if it had been a joke, but I don't think she was joking. I think it was thinly veiled as a joke. She ranted about Rush then mixed in calling him the 20th hijacker and wishing his kidneys would fail.

If people really thought that she was joking and didn't really mean it then there is no hope for them.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Well you asked. Every social misfit I ever knew had lousy parents, every guy you'd want at your side had good parents. Social standards are imprinted early IMO.

What about orphans or those who were raised by someone other than their parents?

QUOTE FROM EXTERNAL SOURCE:
ARISTOTLE Aristotle (384 – 322 BCE) was the son of Nicomachus, physician to King Amyntas II. His parents died when he was still a very young boy and he was brought up by a guardian

Famous Orphans

Where would you say that a lack of morals or social standards originates from, seriously, I'm curious.

Ummmm. The same place where "decent" morals or social standards originate from? Our heart, our mind, our soul? Human deceny?
In my case, guilt is the guardian of my goodness.

I think you and I actually see alike, albeit from a differnt perspective or perception of reality formed by our unique life experiences. Much like beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

It would seem discussion of Religion and Politics have always been polarizing topics. I suppose, in your case, we should now add comedy.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

I'm sorry but I find it extremely difficult to believe you actually thought the Imus joke was funny. We'll wait for the next incident to see how exactly you'll react.

This thread topic is another example of twisted logic of the left, it's ok to joke about wishing a fellow American dead, but God forbid we hurt the feelings of terrorists.

What would have been funny is if this Syko character had wished Rush to be sent to Gitmo,

I wonder how many lefties would have been offended by that wish?
..all of a sudden, it's not so funny is it?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join