It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA filled with underground tunnels confirmed [FICTION]

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by CityIndian

In the late 1950s, the U.S. government approached The Greenbrier for assistance once again. It wished to construct an Emergency Relocation Center-that is, a bunker or bomb shelter-for use by the U.S. Congress in case of war. Between 1959 and 1962, the classified, underground facility was built in conjunction with an above ground addition to the hotel, the West Virginia Wing. For 30 years, the owners of The Greenbrier—the railroad that eventually evolved into today's CSX Corporation-and the federal government agreed that, in the case of an international crisis, the entire resort property would be conveyed to government use, specifically as the emergency location for the legislative branch of Congress.

Greenbrier Hotel

This underground bunker was built while the public vacationed upstairs. It was kept secret untill just recently. It would be hard to tell how many others have not been declasified.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
One glance at the video was enough to indicate it was just a hoax. That shouldn't derail the notion extensive tunnels connect military bases though - the video was just capitalizing on such theories.

This means that a cylinder 12 ft in dia and 3000 miles long would contain 1,323,267,264 cu ft of rock and crushed it would come to close to 2 billion cu feet of crushed rock.(to connect most of the military bases in the US would take a tunnel much longer like 10000 miles.)
Where did they hide over 2 billion+ tons of crushed rock and dirt.

The solution is obvious. Dig a hole and throw the dirt in it.

Seriously, that poses one major hurdle, the tunnel boring machine would need an outlet for all that excavated material - unless some hidden technology exists that makes dirt disappear. Look at the Minsky diamond mine in Russia, that is the largest hole in the world - where did the dirt for that project go? Obviously the worlds largest landfill must exist in one of the neighboring towns!

Dont you know they can see everything underground already? Satellite technology to see through rock, concrete, steel, and just about every known substance has been around for about 20+ years

I don't believe such tech exits, outside of ground penetrating radar, for deep radar scans of subterranean passages. Radar scans did find paleo-channels of the Nile river (look at the fourth cataract of the Nile), but those exist relatively close to the surface beneath sand. The satellite scans failed to penetrate the harder rocky ground to find paleochannels in nearby desert regions. However, not even deep ground penetrating radar can detect something a mile below the surface.

The challenge of making that much debris and excavated dirt/rock disappear is a tall order, but the USA is a big place, there's a lot of room to hide material, even if it's dumped into the sea (any land reclamation projects going on?)

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
The trains can go like 3000+ mph.

Sorry, but that's just impossible for me to believe at this point.
Can anyone post some technology info to back up this claim?
Show that it's possible?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Sorry, but that's just impossible for me to believe at this point.
Can anyone post some technology info to back up this claim?
Show that it's possible?

Why is that so hard to believe?

Vacuum tube - no air resistance/ friction
Mag lift train (already exist but in open air) - no friction from contact points with stationary objects.

F = m * a, apply steady force you'll get steady acceleration.

a = velocity / sec, more time that passes under steady acceleration faster it goes.

To have an upper limit on speed you need an opposing force. With no friction what force is there to oppose the acceleration?

Simple physics my friend, no more proof necessary that the concept could work.

edit: those tubes better be very straight and level while going that speed otherwise it might be very uncomfortable for the passengers

[edit on 11-5-2009 by 2 cents]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I understand this is a movie, it is unfortunate this particular video was assumed at first as real

But there is actual information out there that these tunnels do exist. All the information I gave on it comes from actual non-fictional sources.

As far as what happens to the rock, there is non, it is all melted around the walls of the tunnel into a glass-like material. This is done with the nuclear powered TBM's.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Yeah I heard/read somewhere that the dirt/rock is melted. IF the tunnel boring machine can compress the material, make it more dense, then it doesn't have to be removed. It just pushes it onto the tunnel walls.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Traditional spacecraft such as the Shuttle reach speeds in excess 17,000 mph ...once they're in the vacuum of space and no longer subjected to Earth's gravitational pull AND our atmosphere.
A high speed train, in a vacuum with sufficient electromagnetic force would be possible merely from the simple fact that you've eliminated the friction of air resistance. The leading limiting factor to speed , in our atmosphere, Cd, or the coefficient of friction.

As the poster stated F = ma (Force = mass * acceleration) and once you had sufficient Force that exceeded the total weight or mass of the train, in a frictionless environment it would continue to accelerate until the Force and subsequent mass reached a state of equilibrium.
Hence, I can't rule out the speed of these trains out as an impossibility.
A nuclear reactor could provide sufficient electrical energy to run one of these underground bases IMA.

Also, its a known fact that if you heat rock/soil enough it actually turns into a form of glass. Apparently, this is what the laser based tunneling machines are using. Thus the excess material is used to tile/glaze the walls of the tunnels.

Finally as for the plausibility of the underground tunnel system. I definitely cannot rule this out. Just simply from the fact of what we already know as far as underground bunkers existing for the President ,Vice and the House and Senate and such. The underground train that runs between the house and senate/capital building.
Places like Cheyenne mountain, the home of Norad as well as our underground testing of Nukes dating back to the 50's also come to mind. There had to have existed some underground facilities or bases for that alone.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I've read about these systems before, there are national systems and then apparently seperate ones for international transport. They do not move nukes, they move stuff well more sensitive than nukes, this is a 'smoking gun' for all our 'hysteria' on here, because most of it is Above Top Secret.

The national (relative to America) can take you from coast to coast in around 20 mins, I can't really remember their speeds although they were 'impossible' when I read them.

For more information on this, PHIL SCHNEIDER, this dude is incredibly fascinating, although most will pass him off as a loon or charlatton just because what he speaks about. Very credible in my eyes, he had many attempts on his life through the years he was speaking out, finally succumbing to one of them in 1994? (I think?)

(Also Thomas Costello, although he was in reference to the 'Dulce wars' are not really about the base's or their construction, although there is some information on their operation and security procedures)

Anymore info, search for DUMBS (Deep Underground Military Bases).

To me this video may be fake, or a work of fiction, but this in no way detracts from the very real possibility of these bases and transport network, to me, this is inevitable for any government. Its well known the lavish stand point taken by at least the US, but IMO, most governments in relation to offensive and defensive capabilities.

Many of these tunnels could have already been there, I'm partial to the 'Honeycombed' Earth theory (a more realistic approach to Hollow Earth theory IMO.), although Phil Schneider speaks about some of the nuclear powered 'burrowers' he used in the 70's, I can only imagine what they use now.

What powers these trains and bases? All the free energy tech that is deemed too good for public consumption, it doesn't 'not get made', it gets made and put to use in ways we could only dream, IMO ofc.

As for these being housed in bases? Nah, no way IMO, there would likely be a level of a lift shaft, or a seperate lift entirely that would only be accessed by authorised personell, I'd doubt if even the base commander would know about these facilities.

I doubt these would be in every base, but certainly the main ones.

Don't dismiss the idea, because of the way it's delievered, IMO this is one of the main problems with UFOology and it's 'off shoots'.

EMM

Sorry if any of this has been said.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chronogoblin
That's kinda what irks me as well... How much would your average military person REALLY know? You'd pretty much have to be the highest ranking officer on the base to be aware of this tech IF it existed.

So a huge underground railway system would only be ran by high ranking officials? Or maybe the grunts that run and repair the system are kept hidden away underground, so they can't tell anyone about it? The training school they're sent to is also hidden underground? Perhaps there's a whole new military branch that has never seen daylight?

I don't think so...

Anyway I was right it's a hoax, the OP owes me an apology...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

There is a secret training school for the secret space program ran by the airforce and DNI. Also a lot of these people are sub contracted out, the others have some of the highest level of clearance. All repairs are done underground (why would they need to be done above ground?)

I would speculate you would need at least a Ultra 1 clearance to even begin to know what is going on. Tell me, what was your security clearance?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectroMagnetic Multivers

Hey EM

Thanks for bringing some more information in, and no, some of it wasn't pre-discussed. LOL, this isn't my thread but I feel I have kinda' took it over (my bad OP), but I know quite a bit on these underground bases and trains. Member SpartanKingLeonidas also has a great deal of knowledge on the subject.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
There is a secret training school for the secret space program ran by the airforce and DNI.

Really? It's secret? So how do you know about it?

All repairs are done underground (why would they need to be done above ground?)

Again how do they hide the exit and entrance points? How did they hide the construction? Some of it HAS to be above ground.

I would speculate you would need at least a Ultra 1 clearance to even begin to know what is going on. Tell me, what was your security clearance?

Dude you live in fantasy land, and you are ignoring the obvious that I keep pointing out to you. There is NO WAY you could hide an underground railway system. The system, and how it's ran and operated, could be secret but the physical construct could not be hidden.

Why am I even debating this? It's a HOAX....

[edit on 11-5-2009 by CityIndian]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Its a Nuclear powered tunneling maching that "Defragulates the rock" melts it so it leaves a smooth surface. There was an article back in 1983 in popular sicence I think.....And is anyone gonna answer my question.... where is that Pyramid like building at in California, didnt the video #6 say they were in Malibu ?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Again how do they hide the exit and entrance points? How did they hide the construction? Some of it HAS to be above ground.

There is also a parallel running "highway", as well as a service tube, this is how everything is transported.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Beings this thread is now in the HOAX forum, I feel it is no longer relevant to post any more legitimate research oriented posts in here, as it will be skewed within the HOAX video in this thread. I recommend all who are interested research it, start a thread about it, or read by thread I have on it.

Link to thread.........www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
well, I wanted to through this out...

As for the rock and dirt, it's in the 2nd video that they use Thermal Nuclear device, starting about 4:24,to melt the rock/dirt back into glass and put it back on the sides of the tunnels. I'm not trying to derail the thread into an DUMB thread alien ..but to help stay in context of leading UP to the tunnel..I thought need to be posted.

enjoy....I know i did!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
why can't I put a flag or star on this thread????

2nd line

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
What givs Mod ?? I dont know why it was listed as hoax ? All the main points to the video are what we discuss here all the time, so is everything we talk about on this site is a hoax now ? I smell something and it aint BS.. I will however move to the new thread listed above to further this conversation.. And I am going to start keeping an eye on the moderators , just so you know.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Please lets all continue this discussion in jkrog08's earlier topic on this subject. You can't star or flag this thread because its in the HOAX forum (I'm presuming). A lot of good info is coming out here but because the OP linked to a hoax video the info is somewhat wasted (no offense OP!)

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
This underground bunker was built while the public vacationed upstairs. It was kept secret untill just recently. It would be hard to tell how many others have not been declasified.

So what? I never said there are no underground bunkers.

I said there is no underground train system, and I am right.

Underground bunkers and an underground train system are two entirely different animals.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join