It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad News For Atheists

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Supercertari
Avoiding indoctrinating children, the world "growing out of religion", etc. etc. it's all coming to nothing new research shows.

a study entitled “Faith in Flux” issued this week by the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life questioned nearly 3,000 people and found that most children raised unaffiliated with a religion later chose to join one. Indoctrination be damned. By contrast, only 14 percent of those raised Catholic and 13 percent of those raised Protestant later became unaffiliated.

Source: NYT

Pew Research: "Faith In Flux"

Fascinating research which recalls the universal and timeless need for the Sacred in one's life - that God shaped space within humanity.

I must say it cheers me up to read this compared to the "self-righteous" (yes, I use that phrase) declarations of atheists in these parts prematurely proclaiming the death of faith and religion. No wonder, as the NYT Op-Ed suggests, atheists are trying to use religious methodology to win converts to nihilism. Therein will lie your quandry, the need for faith cannot be satisfied with "nothing".

Ignore the atheist who are saying its all a lie, they're terrified of God and his word. The holy will always triumph over the unholy.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
So Gawdzilla (at the risk of being accused of "covering" for the Pew Foundation):

Is it your usual modus operandi to cast aspersions at organisations you don't like, hint at significant research conducted by yourself, and then fail to produce anything further, finally suggesting that others go out and "do the research" themselves?

Coz, whilst I don't necessarily disagree with some of your views, this kind of behaviour on a messageboard doesn't lend any creedence to your claims...

C'mon, give up the goods dude!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Roark

All you have to do is look. If you don't want to, that's your privilege. Stay ignorant, but don't expect me to spoon fed anybody.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Oh dear... How about instead of viewing it as "spoonfeeding", just consider it as simply backing up your arguments?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roark
Oh dear... How about instead of viewing it as "spoonfeeding", just consider it as simply backing up your arguments?

Because you can go to the Pew website yourself, and find the same information I did. If you are unmotivated to do that much, why should I do it for you? Who knows, you might learn something while you're there.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Suprise suprise!

This thread has devolved into the usual Atheist vs Religion nonsense.

It's times like this that I hope we do get wiped out, and soon.

Seriously folks, see beyond your own nose and recognize the real problem here.

Hint:It's not Atheism or Religion...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla

Originally posted by Roark

Because you can go to the Pew website yourself, and find the same information I did. If you are unmotivated to do that much, why should I do it for you? Who knows, you might learn something while you're there.

So we're just expected to either:

a.) Take your word for it.

OR

b.) Try and anticipate exactly what research you did and attempt to replicate it.

This is a joke. Sorry, I guess I'm used to the Secret Societies forum, where contributors are generally expected to validate their arguments and/or provide actual/factual material when asked, rather than cry "It's out there. Go and look! Check out www.google.com!".

Carry on with your vendetta, bro.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I'm extremely heartened to hear that there is no apparent exodus from Pastafarianism. The FSM is great and noodly delicious. May you carb load at the blessed colander forever and ever, Ramen!

Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2012_the_truth

Ignore the atheist who are saying its all a lie, they're terrified of God and his word. The holy will always triumph over the unholy.

That's a bit of a blanket statement isn't it? I'm certainly not terrified of any 'god'.

And how will the holy 'triumph' over the unholy? Does that mean i'm done for, is it pointless me living me life then?

Honestly, some people. I have an open mind when it comes to religion and don't have a holier than thou (no pun intended) attitude about it.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
You people actually think that you are going to have any recognition or thoughts of your life on this planet?? Think about it scientifically. The only reason you can think of abomination if you dont choose christ in your life is just because your brain holds electric impulses tied to memory when you hear the word christ or god. when you die, your brain doesnt work anymore. do the math.... you wont even have one slightest memory of this place. haha

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Supercertari
Avoiding indoctrinating children, the world "growing out of religion", etc. etc. it's all coming to nothing new research shows.

a study entitled “Faith in Flux” issued this week by the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life questioned nearly 3,000 people and found that most children raised unaffiliated with a religion later chose to join one. Indoctrination be damned. By contrast, only 14 percent of those raised Catholic and 13 percent of those raised Protestant later became unaffiliated.

Source: NYT

Pew Research: "Faith In Flux"

Fascinating research which recalls the universal and timeless need for the Sacred in one's life - that God shaped space within humanity.

I must say it cheers me up to read this compared to the "self-righteous" (yes, I use that phrase) declarations of atheists in these parts prematurely proclaiming the death of faith and religion. No wonder, as the NYT Op-Ed suggests, atheists are trying to use religious methodology to win converts to nihilism. Therein will lie your quandry, the need for faith cannot be satisfied with "nothing".

Yet church attendance keeps going DOOOWN funny eh! well accept for the brainwashed!

Man created god in fact here's a few we created earlier!!

www.lowchensaustralia.com...

THOUSANDS OF THEM all with one thing in common including yours NONE of them exist!!!!

[edit on 15-5-2009 by wmd_2008]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Roark

You see just a few posts above me? There's a clue for you.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join