It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge ufo in Tromsø Norway May 8th

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Unfortunately, I have no other info.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
unidentified floating object that just like a cloud... unteresting.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by notreallyalive

Yeah, looks like a big cloud to me as well. Hehe.

It happens, I guess...

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by hotrice

Lenticular cloud.........

Case closed.......

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Omg what i see is a gigantic cloud wow look at that cloud and all its cloudiness lol. But seriously who could mistake that for an unidentified flying object? interesting vid though thanks.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Yeah its just a lenticular cloud. Damn those things are weird looking, but the weirdest clouds I think are the mammatus (I think thats what they're called) clouds.

[edit on 10/5/09 by Yazman]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
looks like a cloud to me.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
UFO's do use clouds to hide from time to time. Just like in the Bible when Jesus was received up "into a cloud." That would be very interesting to get a radar return on something that big.

Wonder if the ones that are cloaked and not visible to the human eye but are visible to cameras recording in the infra red spectrum also have a radar return.

Anyone know of any proof of this being the case?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Pretty funny.

This topic isn't serious.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
At school in geography we were taught that clouds like that are almost always formed above mountains.

and whats it above.

case even more closed.

(i knew i'd use GCSE geography one day!)

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
If UFOs use clouds to hide, which they may well do, I think they would be smart enough to NOT 'hide' in UFO shaped clouds. Just saying.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by hotrice

I see this thread is still going so let me further put this “UFO” to rest.

Lenticular clouds are stationary lens-shaped clouds that form at high altitudes, normally aligned perpendicular to the wind direction. Lenticular clouds can be separated into altocumulus standing lenticularis (ACSL), stratocumulus standing lenticular (SCSL), and cirrocumulus standing lenticular (CCSL).

en.wikipedia.org...

Image courtesy of tagbanger.com

Another example….

Image courtesy of engineering.union.edu

Hopefully this will be conclusive enough that everyone will agree that we are looking at a natural phenomina and not a UFO.

[edit on 5/10/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
People posting video's like this one on You Tube, then labeling them "Huge UFO Over Etc...", really hurts the UFO truth seeker community as a whole. People like myself who examine the UFO subject from a scientific standpoint, who are educated enough about weather and weather phenomenon, are quite embarrassed to be categorized with the likes of people who post such easily explainable phenomenon as the above video. It really does hurt our investigative efforts.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Jocko Flocko

AMEN...............

I am not trying to be rude to the OP for being interested in UFOs, but he/she must realize that this is a site that does do some serious research and has serious members. Thus my insistence on killing the thread,lol, it is obviously a cloud.

new topics

top topics

join