It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim dentist 'refused to treat female patients unless they wore Islamic dress'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
reply to post by DohBama

Going over all your replies, i only have one question

Do you believe that MEN and WOMAN are equal in the eye's God. ?

i do. allah does not.

what i believe is irrelevant to this conversation, and irrelevant to muslims and irrelevant to most especially allah.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Horus12
reply to post by tristar

If one does not want to live by western laws, dont live in a western country.

thats your take.

in the case of islam, it is far different.

the western laws and society must be altered to comply with islam.

all must submit to islam, there is no exception.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DohBama
sharia law is gaining acceptance in the UK, as a separate law specifically for muslims in that country.

You know, I was going to take the time to reply to you properly until I read this, and then I realised exactly where you are coming from. The term agent provocateur comes to mind.

You are wrong. Criminal law is, and will always be, set by the Crown, and enforced by the Britsh Legal system.

Civil law, and only some aspects of it at that, may be referred to the beliefs of cultural groups providing agreement can be reached between two parties, and the court will accept the agreement. The Jewish Beth Din is an example, but even then, the decision may ultimately be overturned, or not recognised should one party not be fully satisfied. The same would apply to agreements under Sharia, but again overall jurisdiction remains with the Crown

Stating otherwise is fear mongering for the sake of it, with an agenda.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

To correct myself, because I got the facts slightly wrong, wearing a hijab is required, but a hijab does not cover the hands or face.

Wearing a niqab, or veil, is seen as being optional.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

reply to post by tristar

If one does not want to live by western laws, dont live in a western country.

thats your take.

in the case of islam, it is far different.

the western laws and society must be altered to comply with islam.

all must submit to islam, there is no exception.

Obviously there is a conflict of interest, why on earth would a western society alter and comply to islam, when islam is not doing the same thing. Hey, as you have obviously read, when i go do Dubai for business, i must contact people to supply me with food which is not allowed and alcohol, they are but afew. So why doesnt Islam alter its society to comply with western culture.

As far as "all must submit to islam" i only have to say, your either have the intellect of a snail or your on here for another purpose.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DohBama

And your point still doesnt change the fact he is in the wrong and he will be dealt with in accordance of the law.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
i have other commitments, i will try to come back here and continue this discussion.

it is very important that infidels, especially western infidels read the koran and hadith. it is plainly worded and not a difficult read.

for anyone interested, i would like to direct you to a valuable resource:

The Qur'an

The Hadith

for non-believers, there is very important information contained in those books, and free for all to know.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DohBama

Evidently your in here for another purpose, but hey thanks for informing me about your religion, you did well to justify the general perception.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Wow, this is hilariously stupid, not only is he losing valuable customers, he's losing advertisement, those who he would not assist would tell their friends and so forth, what is the human race coming to?
Ignorance I say.
"Ohh, your not wearing a dress and a mask over your face, get out of here, I don't care if your teeth are killing you."

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar

Muslim dentist 'refused to treat female patients unless they wore Islamic dress'

www.dailymai l.co.uk

A Muslim dentist refused to treat patients unless they wore traditional Islamic dress, it was alleged today.

Omer Butt, 32, ordered women to put on head scarves or he would not register them or their families at his NHS-funded clinic, it was claimed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

What is a NHS-funded clinic?

Also, my suggestion is to simply picket him until he's out of business. I don't know what the laws are in the UK but I'm guessing he's breaking a few. Hopefully he goes to jail.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
NHS is the National Health Service, its a free healthcare service thats run by the government, payed for by the taxpayer.

Basically the dentist would fix peoples teeth and charge the NHS, with you paying for any extras thats not essential.

[edit on 8-5-2009 by Horus12]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
reply to post by DohBama

Wearing a Hijab is a choice, not a requirement.

mohammad himself demanded that women cover themselves, the prophets demands are not optional.

sharia law requires that women cover themselves.

the reason for this is to not draw a mans attention to female features, and risk temptation.

Expecting someone to wear one, and refusing them medical treatment on the grounds that they don't, is forcing ones own personal bias on them. As everyone is equal in the respect that we are all human beings, any attempt to establish a difference is misguided.

according to western culture, yes.

allah does not recognise this 'equality' we hold high in western society, there is no debate, no appeal.

do you claim that allah is 'misguided'?

Refusing to treat people who don't conform to your views, because they don't conform to your views is a form of bigotry.

Simple as that.

however, that 'bigotry' is also an important part of the islamic religion/culture.

the dentist is well within his rights as a muslim to refuse being offended by a woman who is not properly covered up, according to his beliefs. he is not forcing anyone to wear the hajib, but if they want his service, then they will have to submit to his sensibilities.

period.

he is not misguided, but merely practicing his faith.

do you suggest that western values must be imposed upon him?

sounds like bigotry.

If he was a private business he could if he wants refuse service to anyone and make up any reason he wants but, he is funded with taxpayer funds therefore he cannot refuse any person service based on his religious beliefs. He maybe practicing his faith however he should not be funded by the public.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I cannot believe anyone would defend this dentist.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

NHS is the National Health Service, its a free healthcare service thats run by the government, payed for by the taxpayer.

Basically the dentist would fix peoples teeth and charge the NHS, with you paying for any extras thats not essential.

[edit on 8-5-2009 by Horus12]

And for him to be part of the network, is he required to accept all patients?

I'm from the US so I have no idea..
Thanks for your response by the way

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
JEEEZ you guys!! Saying he should go to jail?! And with all this talk of a police state??
The most that should happen is he should lose his taxpayer funding and go private! Jailing people for their views is the first step! You people are nuts

Besides from how I understood, he only asked Muslim women to do it, not like it affects any of us!! Yet the complainers in here act like they're personally offended. Grow up. Both the dentist and the complainers.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
With just one case, you'all had started bombarding Islam with harsh criticism.

So intelligent this humans are nowadays.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Western culture must appease and accommodate islam, not the other way around. ever.

Why ?

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mortalengine

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
reply to post by mortalengine

Oh come one you obviously know nothing about islam. Muslims are not allowed to kill or force religon on people. It says in the quran. Deny ignorance.

And this news report is probably a VERY rare event, we have a LOT of muslim dentist, doctors etc etc in this country with no problem treating all people.

[edit on 8-5-2009 by _Phoenix_]

Verse 2.191
"And kill them wherever you find them, and drive them out from whence they drove you out, and persecution is severer than slaughter, and do not fight with them at the Sacred Mosque until they fight with you in it, but if they do fight you, then slay them; such is the recompense of the unbeliever."

Verse 2.193
"Fight against them until there is no more disorder and Allah’s supremacy is established. If they desist, let there be no hostility except against the oppressors."

Verse 4:34
"Men have authority over women because Allah has made one superior to the other...Good women are obedient...As for those from whom you fear disobedience, admonish them to beds apart and beat them. Then if they obey you, take no further action against them. Allah is high, supreme."

Verse 4:89
"Their real wish is to see that you become a disbeliever, as they themselves have disbelieved, so that you may become exactly like them. So you should not take friends from their ranks unless they immigrate in the way of Allah; and if they do not, seize them and kill them wherever you find them, and do not take any of them as protectors or helpers."

Ah man I could go on all day here... Now obiously there are differences in translations but the gist of it stands.

Maybe you're right, I obviously dont know anything about Islam..

What the hell!?!?!?!?
Religion always causes problems...
What a "peaceful" religion... >.>

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Western culture must appease and accommodate islam, not the other way around. ever.

Why ?

Just not sure why he or she was posting these responses, but its raised a few eyebrows.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Being that this person holds a government regulated license, he is subject to anti-discriminatory law. Yes he can choose who he will and will not treat, but he cannot make those decisions based on race creed or national origin.
I know this because I hold a Governmant sanctioned license as well, and if I refuse to build a home for a Musliim because I can't see her leg, I got problems.

[edit on 5/8/2009 by LAUGHING-CAT]spelling and other

[edit on 5/8/2009 by LAUGHING-CAT]

[edit on 5/8/2009 by LAUGHING-CAT]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join