It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim dentist 'refused to treat female patients unless they wore Islamic dress'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Muslim dentist 'refused to treat female patients unless they wore Islamic dress'

www.dailymai l.co.uk

A Muslim dentist refused to treat patients unless they wore traditional Islamic dress, it was alleged today.

Omer Butt, 32, ordered women to put on head scarves or he would not register them or their families at his NHS-funded clinic, it was claimed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Think its time that people go off that religious roller coaster ride and focussed more on real life matters.

Obviously he is liable for court action and i do hope he is dragged through court. Where does it say in the oath he swore too that religion is crucial in treatment. I wonder what if the lady was a jew im sure it would have been on every major news site , tv and radio.

www.dailymai l.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
As stupid as I may think this is, the good dentist owns a private business and can serve who he wants and not who he doesn't. If as a businessman he's stupid enough to turn away potential customers because they don't meet his religious standards, that's his choice. I really don't see a problem with this.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

What a great way to wreck your business! I would not go to any dentist who had any rules about races or religions.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

This is actually getting ridiculous, and yet it still makes me laugh. I wonder if they know how annoying they're making themselves to the rest of the world. I love studying religions of all kinds, both ancient and new but the only religion I find totally unappealing is Islam, simply because it annoys me in much the same way that athletes foot would.

Sorry If I offend anyone but the entire religion is offensive to be honest.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
As stupid as I may think this is, the good dentist owns a private business and can serve who he wants and not who he doesn't. If as a businessman he's stupid enough to turn away potential customers because they don't meet his religious standards, that's his choice. I really don't see a problem with this.

I suppose if the dentist was gay and he refused to fix your tooth because you were straight that would be ok also ?

What about...

A rastafarian dentist who refused you because you didn't have dreadlocks, or say for instance a Ku Klux Klan dentist who wouldn't see you because you were black.

It's absolutely ridiculous, what is he even doing out of his own country if he is expecting people to dress up in clothes of a religion they dont even follow just to be seen ? I suppose he's after the better money but he wants to have his cake and eat it hmm ?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
To me , this guy has seriou issues, maybe it come's from his obvious strict up bringing, but if i ever encountered something like this due to my religious beliefs, i kid you not, i would put away 8 figure digits to take his beliefs and stupidity down.

Seriously pathetic, now thats one entity who is using too much oxygen.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
No shirt.
No Shoes.
No Service.

Not much different than that now is it?

If the guy's that stringent I can't imagine him being a dentist (and what about touching her when she's *dirty* with menstruation), but then I guess he's got to make a living... Or choose to confine his practice to men.

He's drawn his line and wont cross it - have to give him that - unlike others that would do anything for a buck.

[edit on 8-5-2009 by silo13]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
To me , this guy has seriou issues, maybe it come's from his obvious strict up bringing, but if i ever encountered something like this due to my religious beliefs, i kid you not, i would put away 8 figure digits to take his beliefs and stupidity down.

Seriously pathetic, now thats one entity who is using too much oxygen.

It's a joke dude. Basically they're supposed to be trying to convert us "infidels" and if they cant then they're supposed to kill us, obviously with the murder laws in place that kinda prevents them from correctly following their religion so it seems he's settled for fooling himself by getting his patients to dress up in islamic attire so as to make himself believe "hey, they're a muslim - i can do this
"

brilliant, he should write a handbook.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
And, who does every religion hate, atheist, why, because we accept everyone. What aholes we are, excepting people regardless of race, religion, political affilitation.

Blasphemy.

Muslim woman walks into atheist dentists, office, gets root canal, leaves with a fixed mouth.

Woman not dressed like muslim walks into muslim office, leaves after being told not treatable, without certain attire?

Well we know who is wrong here!

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mortalengine

Oh come one you obviously know nothing about islam. Muslims are not allowed to kill or force religon on people. It says in the quran. Deny ignorance.

And this news report is probably a VERY rare event, we have a LOT of muslim dentist, doctors etc etc in this country with no problem treating all people.

Also in this report it says the dentist is a brother of someone who is a member of a radical islamic group,Al muhajiroun. en.wikipedia.org...
Obviously this is dentist does not represent normal muslims.

It also seems he was mainly trying to force Muslims to put hijab on from what I gather. Which makes him appear even more stupid.

[edit on 8-5-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Seriously disgusted at this.

By the way this is not a business choice, its DISCRIMINATION

"treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit: racial and religious intolerance and discrimination. "

Then again i wonder if he even considers woman as human beings, or they just an object for reproduction.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure the scandal lies in the fact that his clinic is NHS funded. Taxpayer money should not be funding discrimination.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Oh come one you obviously know nothing about islam. Muslims are not allowed to kill or force religon on people. It says in the quran. Deny ignorance.

And this news report is probably a VERY rare event, we have a LOT of muslim dentist, doctors etc etc in this country with no problem treating all people.

Verse 2.191
"And kill them wherever you find them, and drive them out from whence they drove you out, and persecution is severer than slaughter, and do not fight with them at the Sacred Mosque until they fight with you in it, but if they do fight you, then slay them; such is the recompense of the unbeliever."

Verse 2.193
"Fight against them until there is no more disorder and Allah’s supremacy is established. If they desist, let there be no hostility except against the oppressors."

Verse 4:34
"Men have authority over women because Allah has made one superior to the other...Good women are obedient...As for those from whom you fear disobedience, admonish them to beds apart and beat them. Then if they obey you, take no further action against them. Allah is high, supreme."

Verse 4:89
"Their real wish is to see that you become a disbeliever, as they themselves have disbelieved, so that you may become exactly like them. So you should not take friends from their ranks unless they immigrate in the way of Allah; and if they do not, seize them and kill them wherever you find them, and do not take any of them as protectors or helpers."

Ah man I could go on all day here... Now obiously there are differences in translations but the gist of it stands.

Maybe you're right, I obviously dont know anything about Islam..

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic

Does the "good dentist" own a "private business"? According to the news article, the "good dentist" runs (like the majority of dentists in this country) an "NHS-funded" practice. So, no, he doesn't own a "private business". Now whilst he might also take 'private patients', he must still adhere to the guide lines of the NHS and guide lines pertaining to non-private patients. As such, he really doesn't get much say as to whether he "can serve who he wants and not who he doesn't".

I'm wondering whether it's a case of you not reading the article, or you not actually understanding it.

As for the "good dentist" himself, considering he's already been found guilty of "serious professional misconduct" for similar offences by the General Dental Council only a couple of years ago, I wonder whether your use of the word 'good' has any parity at all with anyone else's use of the word.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by milesp

Correct me if im wrong, but your saying the scandal is that he is receiving money from the general public via tax ?,

but its no scandal to refuse a human being help, for obviously she went there for help and not to be judged on her religion.

Sorry, but this is way beyond the twilight zone if your trying to make me understand that what he has chosen is based on business choice.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Yep you know nothing. You do not even understand those verses.

That verse is about the time they were at war, you should research it more. It's a tiny quote, taken from a huge book, thinking you understand all just by taking one part out would be ingorant, just with any other book. First you must understand it.

First of all you must understand Verse 2:191
www.islam101.com...

Now here's another translation of 4:89
[4:89] They wish that you disbelieve as they have disbelieved, then you become equal. Do not consider them friends, unless they mobilize along with you in the cause of GOD. If they turn against you, you shall fight them, and you may kill them when you encounter them in war. You shall not accept them as friends, or allies.

This obviously is talkin about aggressive people who wish to turn against you for your religion. Obviously you cannot be friends or allies with people who try to force on you.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Here's a post I made in another thread, parts of the quran some people seem to ignore, even terrorists. This is proof that Islam is a Peaceful religion, too bad about the ignorant terrorists. lol

The last part really proves my point.

Being friends with other people of other religions, and spreading peace.
[Quran 60:8]"GOD does not enjoin you from befriending those who do not fight you because of religion, and do not evict you from your homes. You may befriend them and be equitable towards them. GOD loves the equitable."

An example of terrorists, extremists etc.
[Quran 7:28] They commit a gross sin, then say,
"We found our parents doing this, and GOD
has commanded us to do it." Say,
"GOD never advocates sin.
Are you saying about GOD
what you do not know?"

Obvious quote of the fact that people should have peace over other people and faiths.
[Quran 49:13]"O people, we created you from the same male and female, and rendered you distinct peoples and tribes, that you may recognize one another. The best among you in the sight of GOD is the most righteous. GOD is Omniscient, Cognizant. "

Many extremists are like this, but god forbids it.
[Quran 5:87] ... and do not aggress; GOD dislikes the aggressors.

Sounds like what this website teachs lol
[Quran: 7:199] ......You shall resort to pardon, advocate tolerance, and disregard the ignorant.

This REALLY goes against the terrorists views.
Quran 5:32] "......, we decreed for the Children of Israel that anyone who murders any person who had not committed murder or horrendous crimes, it shall be as if he murdered all the people. And anyone who spares a life, it shall be as if he spared the lives of all the people. .............."
[Quran 2:256] "There shall be no compulsion in religion..."

This pretty much goes against the terrorists views
[Quran 6:151] "...... You shall not kill - GOD has made life sacred - except in the course of justice. These are His commandments to you, that you may understand."

An OBVIOUS quote on PEACE.
[Quran 8:61]"If they resort to peace, so shall you, and put your trust in GOD. He is the Hearer, the Omniscient."

NO EXCUSES! you stupid terrorists
[Quran 4:90]"...... Therefore, if they leave you alone, refrain from fighting you, and offer you peace, then GOD gives you no excuse to fight them."

A lot of this coming from dodgy corrupt so called muslims in power, of course it is forbidden
We reserve the abode of the Hereafter for those who do not seek exaltation on earth, nor corruption. The ultimate victory belongs to the righteous. (28:83)

More peaceful quotes
(16:90) GOD advocates justice, charity, and regarding the relatives. And He forbids evil, vice, and transgression. He enlightens you, that you may take heed.

Terrorists, extremists, and those who follow the hadiths even thou it goes against some of the teachings of the quran.
[15:90-91] We will deal with the dividers. They accept the Quran only partially.

There should be NO extremism in Islam, no radicals.
[2:62] Surely, those who believe, those who are Jewish, the Christians, and the converts; anyone who (1) believes in GOD, and (2) believes in the Last Day, and (3) leads a righteous life, will receive their recompense from their Lord. They have nothing to fear, nor will they grieve.

You cannot kill yourselves Terrorists!
[4:29] O you who believe, do not consume each others' properties illicitly - only mutually acceptable transactions are permitted. You shall not kill yourselves. GOD is Merciful towards you.

Each time these terrorists attack they destroy lives, obviously this is forbidden
[2:05] As soon as he leaves, he roams the earth corruptingly, destroying properties and lives. GOD does not love corruption.

You have freedom in islam, there is no need to be too strict, as long as your heart is in the right place.
[2:256] There shall be no compulsion in religion: the right way is now distinct from the wrong way. Anyone who denounces the devil and believes in GOD has grasped the strongest bond; one that never breaks. GOD is Hearer, Omniscient.

Be good
[2:148] Each of you chooses the direction to follow; you shall race towards righteousness. Wherever you may be, GOD will summon you all. GOD is Omnipotent.

Examine yourselves, don't blindly follow others, research yourself
[39:18] They are the ones who examine all words, then follow the best. These are the ones whom GOD has guided; these are the ones who possess intelligence.

Everyone should be judged equally, no matter how rich or poor etc they are
[4:135] O you who believe, you shall be absolutely equitable, and observe GOD, when you serve as witnesses, even against yourselves, or your parents, or your relatives. Whether the accused is rich or poor, GOD takes care of both. Therefore, do not be biased by your personal wishes. If you deviate or disregard (this commandment), then GOD is fully Cognizant of everything you do.

Stop taking peoples rights away! e.g Saudi Arabia and their stupid laws
[11:85] "O my people, you shall give full measure and full weight, equitably. Do not cheat the people out of their rights, and do not roam the earth corruptingly.

Stop blindly following terrorists or extremist groups, or your fathers, learn and research yourself
[17:36] You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them.

Saudi Arabia banned the selling of roses lol, this is wrong we are free to enjoy what god has given us
[7:32] Say, "Who prohibited the nice things GOD has created for His creatures, and the good provisions?" Say, "Such provisions are to be enjoyed in this life by those who believe. Moreover, the good provisions will be exclusively theirs on the Day of Resurrection." We thus explain the revelations for people who know.

Stop following those who are astray, e.g terrorists, or give too much limits to people
[5:77] Say, "O people of the scripture, do not transgress the limits of your religion beyond the truth, and do not follow the opinions of people who have gone astray, and have misled multitudes of people; they are far astray from the right path."
[4:171] O people of the scripture, do not transgress the limits of your religion, and do not say about GOD except the truth….

The Quran tells us of how some humans use religion as an ideological tool in the oppression of others for corrupt and political agendas. But obviously it forbids this.
[3:7] He sent down to you this scripture, containing straightforward verses - which constitute the essence of the scripture - as well as multiple-meaning or allegorical verses. Those who harbor doubts in their hearts will pursue the multiple-meaning verses to create confusion, and to extricate a certain meaning. None knows the true meaning thereof except GOD and those well founded in knowledge. They say, "We believe in this - all of it comes from our Lord." Only those who possess intelligence will take heed.

[2:79] Therefore, woe to those who distort the scripture with their own hands, then say, "This is what GOD has revealed," seeking a cheap material gain. Woe to them for such distortion, and woe to them for their illicit gains.

Fight in defence, but never aggress.
[2:190] You may fight in the cause of GOD against those who attack you, but do not AGGRESS. GOD does not love the AGGRESSORS.
[2:193] You may also fight them to eliminate oppression, and to worship GOD freely. If they refrain, you shall not AGGRESS; AGGRESSION is permitted only against the AGGRESSORS.

At time of war, you must help protect even those of other faiths.
[9:6] If one of the idol worshipers sought safe passage with you, you shall grant him safe passage, so that he can hear the word of GOD, then send him back to his place of security. That is because they are people who do not know.

If god wanted everyone to believe, he could MAKE them, but god wants FREE WILL, so why the hell would muslims force others to believe, like some think, that would be against gods will for us to have FREE WILL, duh
"Had your Lord willed, all the people on earth would have believed. Do you want to force the people to become believers." 10:99.
[18:29] Proclaim: "This is the truth from your Lord," then whoever wills let him believe, and whoever wills let him disbelieve...........
[88:21-22] You shall remind, for your mission is to deliver this reminder. You have no power over them.
[2:148] Each of you chooses the direction to follow; you shall race towards righteousness. Wherever you may be, GOD will summon you all. GOD is Omnipotent.
[ 25:57] Say, "I do not ask you for any money. All I seek is to help you find the right path to your Lord, if this is what you choose."
[74:35-37] This is one of the great miracles.A warning to the human race.For those among you who wish to advance, or regress.
[76:29] This is a reminder: whoever wills shall choose the path to his Lord.
[33:72] We have offered the responsibility (freedom of choice) to the heavens and the earth, and the mountains, but they refused to bear it, and were afraid of it. But the human being accepted it; he was transgressing, ignorant.

I think that is quite a LOT of proof that says otherwise to your belief, really read it., especially this last part.

Peace

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar

By the way this is not a business choice, its DISCRIMINATION

of course it is....

He has a right to discriminate and it will affect his business.

Are you seriously against the Free-Market system?

Edit; Since he already to the Communists' money. The communist system may now seek redress for not performing dental work on their subjects that he is contractually obligated to provide.

Human Rights "Tribunal" anyone?

Relevant (anyone in the Commonwealth will see why):

Canadian male-to-female transsexuals now have a "Human right to counsel female Rape victims" - even if the victim wants a real female rape counselor, they have been told by the Human Rights Tribunal that they must "endure hardship" for the sake of the transsexual or risk prosecution for discrimination.

*You all know by this point that I am not joking. Look at what has happened to our countries.

[edit on 8-5-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Yep you know nothing. You do not even understand those verses.

That verse is about the time they were at war, you should research it more. It's a tiny quote, taken from a huge book, thinking you understand all just by taking one part out would be ingorant, just with any other book. First you must understand it.

First of all you must understand Verse 2:191
www.islam101.com...

Now here's another translation of 4:89
[4:89] They wish that you disbelieve as they have disbelieved, then you become equal. Do not consider them friends, unless they mobilize along with you in the cause of GOD. If they turn against you, you shall fight them, and you may kill them when you encounter them in war. You shall not accept them as friends, or allies.

This obviously is talkin about agressive people who wish to turn against you for your religion. Obviously you cannot be friends or allies with people who try to force on you.

I'm struggling to understand how you're not able to see how Islam is nothing more than a religion of war masked under a very flimsy veil of peace...

And another thing, None of the other religions are really fighting against Islam - it's Islam that is moving into the other countries and trying to get them to change their laws and customs for them. Thats a bit cheeky wouldnt you say ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join