It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim dentist 'refused to treat female patients unless they wore Islamic dress'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DohBama

What, exactly, do those things have to do with the topic of "Muslim dentist "refused to treat female patients unless they worse Isamlic dress"?, which is the actual topic of the thread...

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DohBama
I have already mentioned that the goal of islam is the submission of all allahs children.

Thanks for the reply-I'd tend to agree with you that the goal of most theistic religious sects is to spread their particular brand of
'cult mentality and non-provable opinion' around the globe until everyone
is subservient to it - just read the books.

some see this as a blessed, beautiful and positive thing. others do not.

I see it as deeply insecure and a form of mental slavery.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

If private businesses want to limit their own customer pool, then eventually they will go bust.

Its not a priv business it is funded by the NHS which is publicy owned, we the taxpayers pay for him to be in business.

If this was a Christian who refused to treat a female, unless she wore a cross or a crucifix, there would be an uproar. Double standards. This country needs to get its act together, and sort out this mess.

If I were on his list as a customer, I would remove my custom and take it elsewhere.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
reply to post by DohBama

What, exactly, do those things have to do with the topic of "Muslim dentist "refused to treat female patients unless they worse Isamlic dress"?, which is the actual topic of the thread...

sharia law is for muslims. this man is a muslim. sharia law also concerns itself with proper clothing.

the origin of this mans refusal to treat improperly dressed women is based upon his faith suported and enforced by sharia law.

the very same sharia law gaining official acceptance in the uk.

Information about Islamic Clothing

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DohBama

The he should only offer his services to those within his religion, if he is refusing to treat anyone, who refuse to wear the attire he requires. He then should let those who run the NHS know that he no longer wishes to treat patients who refuse to wear the attire also. We will see how long before he claims racism or discrimination.

the very same sharia law gaining official acceptance in the uk.

Not in the public domain it is not, it is being accepted behind our backs.

[edit on 9-5-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Thanks for the reply-I'd tend to agree with you that the goal of most theistic religious sects is to spread their particular brand of
'cult mentality and non-provable opinion' around the globe until everyone
is subservient to it - just read the books.

other religions do not punish questioning, examination and rejection with death, other religions are free to be questioned, criticised, lampooned, and rejected. its your choice. not so islam, in its very own words.[

quote]

I see it as deeply insecure and a form of mental slavery.

others do not, others see religion as intended to civilise humans and provide comfort and wisdom.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk

The he should only offer his services to those within his religion, if he is refusing to treat anyone, who refuse to wear the attire he requires. He then should let those who run the NHS know that he no longer wishes to treat patients who refuse to wear the attire also. We will see how long before he claims racism or discrimination.

who is anyone to tell someone how they should practise their faith?

why should he resign his career choice because of it?

would you have him forced out?

thats oppression, and more importantly, the oppression of islam.

islam is oppressed by the conscious act of not submitting to it.

[edit on 9-5-2009 by DohBama]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by DohBama

If he refused to do any treatment on me, because I refused to wear his attire, could I claim Religious Discrimination?? Answer NO

How ever If that was me who refused to carry out any treatment on him for not wearing a cross or a crucifix, would he be able to claim religious discrimination. Answer YES...

If you are funded by the NHS, then you do not have a the right to refuse to treat anyone regardless of thier religion or race. Your practice would be struck off. This is within the NHS Guidelines.

He is one who is forcing him ownself out, by discriminating against others.

Good luck to his business, those whom he refuses to treat, should sue him.

[edit on 9-5-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This kind of islamisation has to stop we life in the 21st century times have changed but those old fashioned religions with there old ways are a bit like stone they are not flowing with the times and still act if it was 2000 years ago.

Further more people who are warning people and countries for this kind of islamisation of Europe are being prosecuted and trialed for being facist and racist because there warnings against islamisation of Europe.
This kiind of things are hapening all over Europe and for example a couple of several months ago a lawfully chosen member of cabinet in the Netherlands was blocked entrance too the UK because he is trying to warn people for things like this. Even now the Danish PM is saying he doesnt want Geert Wilders into his nation for the coming conference on free speech and for that they have now delayed the conference to this fall.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by LauraukIf he refused to do any treatment on me, because I refused to wear his attire, could I claim Religious Discrimination?? Answer NO

true for the most part, unless you belonged to some religion that dressed in a particular way, like mormons and their temple underwear. if he refused to treat because of that, religious disc. could be claimed, i suppose. but that reason for refusal would be unlikely.

How ever If that was me who refused to carry out any treatment on him for not wearing a cross or a crucifix, would he be able to claim religious discrimination. Answer YES...

oh yes. what an uproar that would cause!

If you are funded by the NHS, then you do not have a the right to refuse to treat anyone regardless of thier religion or race. Your practice would be struck off. This is within the NHS Guidelines.

and would oppress his faith. legal or not.

He is one who is forcing him ownself out, but being discriminating against others.
Good luck to his business, those whom he refuses to treat, should sue him.

it will be interesting to see how this plays out, however, generally, muslims are seen as victims of oppression in our politically correct societies. and our laws favour victims.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
This is one story of many when it comes to the so called religion of tollerance or is that peace again? Because these attitudes will continue to happen and have done without many people knowing about it. It's not just this guy a few years ago it was a GP. If they have such strict rules say it on you door on the way into the office or the yellow pages, rather than be told up front than having to be thrown out in a private chat so he can cover his tracks.

Luke 18:9-14

[9] To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everybody else, Jesus told this parable: [10] "Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. [11] The Pharisee stood up and prayed about himself: 'God, I thank you that I am not like other men -- robbers, evildoers, adulterers -- or even like this tax collector. [12] I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.'

[13] "But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, 'God, have mercy on me, a sinner.'

[14] "I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

and would oppress his faith. legal or not.

NHS Gudeline do not opress anyone, they are there for those who cannot afford Private Dental care to be treated, regardless of Religion, Race, Colour or what they wear.

If he does not like treating patients in this way, then he should leave the NHS and start up his own private practice, that way he wont be discriminating against anyone...

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
If they have such strict rules say it on you door on the way into the office or the yellow pages, rather than be told up front than having to be thrown out in a private chat so he can cover his tracks.

The part I probably found most offensive was that he called these womens' husbands into his office and asked them to tell their wives to cover up.

He couldn't even treat those women like rational human beings who could be spoken to as equals.

I think a dog or cat at the vet's would have a happier experience than any woman being treated by a man with this sort of attitude.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
If he does not like treating patients in this way, then he should leave the NHS and start up his own private practice, that way he wont be discriminating against anyone...

and if he chooses not to...?

firing him over his faith would not be acceptable, would it?

not at all.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by berenike

I am sorry to say but there are lots of irrational fears in Islam when it comes to being able to accept the world. The Taliban are afraid of bananas and cucumbers because it reminds them of phallic symbols. Women make them insecure and bacon or pigs and dogs is another irrational fear phobia brought in.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by berenike
The part I probably found most offensive was that he called these womens' husbands into his office and asked them to tell their wives to cover up.

offensive to western sensibilities, perfectly acceptable in his culture. this is made clear in the islamic holy texts.

He couldn't even treat those women like rational human beings who could be spoken to as equals.

in his culture, they are not. would you fault him for that?

I think a dog or cat at the vet's would have a happier experience than any woman being treated by a man with this sort of attitude.

our western values cannot be applied, for we will always find offense if they are.

tolerance and inclusion must be applied here.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

reply to post by berenike

I am sorry to say but there are lots of irrational fears in Islam when it comes to being able to accept the world. The Taliban are afraid of bananas and cucumbers because it reminds them of phallic symbols. Women make them insecure and bacon or pigs and dogs is another irrational fear phobia brought in.

Let's hope he never has to treat a woman with a piece of bacon stuck in her teeth

(Or a pig with a banana.....)

Now I'm being silly, but I think it's time for a little light relief.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

that observation is highly offensive to muslims. their holy texts support all these things we might find odd.

free, open multicultural societies must accept cultures that have different values than our own.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DohBama

Originally posted by berenike

offensive to western sensibilities, perfectly acceptable in his culture. this is made clear in the islamic holy texts.

in his culture, they are not. would you fault him for that?

our western values cannot be applied, for we will always find offense if they are.

tolerance and inclusion must be applied here.

1) I am allowed to be offended. His culture may allow him to offend me, but my culture allows me to take offense if I choose to do so.

2) I cannot fault him for the culture he was born into - I can fault him if he chooses to adopt a principle that is blatantly at fault

3) He is living in the West, if he expects a share of understanding from us then it would be nice if he'd meet us half way and afford us a little understanding too.

I have read your posts with great interest and believe I know where you are coming from.

As far as tolerance and inclusion go, they work both ways. If this man want westerners to tolerate him and his behaviour perhaps he should lead by example and try being tolerant with us - the society he is living and working in.

He must have known before he trained to be a dentist that he would have to treat women. Better for all of us if he'd chosen to be a proctologist.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I work in the NHS at the moment as a healthcare assistant, and am training for an NHS funded degree. The first thing i was taught, the VERY first thing, was to accept all forms of race, creed, religion etc and that is still being drummed into our lectures all of the time.

As far as I'm concerned this guy isn't doing that. If i was in his position and ordered all muslims to remove their headscarves, i'd be lucky to see it through with my job. This should be the same, although i'd bet a whopping £5 that it doesn't!

(EDIT)

For all those saying 'If he wants to ruin his private business, its his loss' and 'his business, his choice' read the Post. this is an NHS funded dentist, this is funded by the NHS, and therefore every taxpayer. We're paying for him to force his religion onto other people. Remember that, kids.

[edit on 9/5/09 by Longy4eva]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join