It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim dentist 'refused to treat female patients unless they wore Islamic dress'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Since when did you guys allow some law to sneak in immunizing private businesses from discrimination cases? Discrimination laws can be broken by both public and private businesses, there is no division, all are liable to be prosecuted for discrimination.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

There is no such law.

Simple as that.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
Since when did you guys allow some law to sneak in immunizing private businesses from discrimination cases? Discrimination laws can be broken by both public and private businesses, there is no division, all are liable to be prosecuted for discrimination.

I've noticed you've posted a few comments in this thread, but I'm wondering whether you've actually read the initial piece on the story. Where is the "private business" that's discriminating? Where is the law that allegedly immunises private business from discrimination cases? Are you referring to 'Sharia law' because if you are, it's not applicable to this story. Sharia in England is limited to 'community courts' centring on family issues like divorce as well as private business and finance. If the two overlap, then Sharia in this country is always secondary to English criminal law, no matter what an Iman (virtual or otherwise) suggests.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Dangerous times are upon us, the irrational become rational. Lets see how suicidal the world becomes within our life time.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
Dangerous times are upon us, the irrational become rational.

Indeed they are, I've always like this quote by American writer
Michael Ellner:

"Just look at us,everything is backwards;everything is upside down.Doctors destroy health,lawyers destroy justice,universities destroy knowledge,governments destroy freedom,the major media destroys information and religions destroy spirituality."
Michael Ellner

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
You are wrong. Criminal law is, and will always be, set by the Crown, and enforced by the Britsh Legal system.

the UK is a democratic government, which means the majority can change the laws that govern them.

however, there is a separate legal system of laws for muslims there:

Revealed: UK’s first official sharia courts

Sharia law is spreading as authority wanes

How a British Sharia court works

Civil law, and only some aspects of it at that, may be referred to the beliefs of cultural groups providing agreement can be reached between two parties, and the court will accept the agreement. The Jewish Beth Din is an example, but even then, the decision may ultimately be overturned, or not recognised should one party not be fully satisfied. The same would apply to agreements under Sharia, but again overall jurisdiction remains with the Crown

thats just the beginning of what changing a society from the inside looks like.

the alteration continues:

Polygamy law set for challenge

does the crown recognise polygamous marriages?

Muslim husbands with more than one wife to get extra benefits as ministers recognise polygamy

Stating otherwise is fear mongering for the sake of it, with an agenda.

facing documeted fact is hardly fear mongering.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristarObviously there is a conflict of interest, why on earth would a western society alter and comply to islam, when islam is not doing the same thing. Hey, as you have obviously read, when i go do Dubai for business, i must contact people to supply me with food which is not allowed and alcohol, they are but afew. So why doesnt Islam alter its society to comply with western culture.

As far as "all must submit to islam" i only have to say, your either have the intellect of a snail or your on here for another purpose.

as in my previous post, western society is accommodating islamic compliance,even here in the states.

islam will not submit to other values, it is haaram to do so.

allah makes it very clear to his children that he demands this be a muslim world. read the koran.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Horus12
And your point still doesnt change the fact he is in the wrong and he will be dealt with in accordance of the law.

wrong according to western values, not to his values. no mans law is above allahs law.

thats made very clear in islamic holy text, he is simply adhering to his faith.

would you oppress him by forcing your values upon him? that is not permitted.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by habfan1968
If he was a private business he could if he wants refuse service to anyone and make up any reason he wants but, he is funded with taxpayer funds therefore he cannot refuse any person service based on his religious beliefs. He maybe practicing his faith however he should not be funded by the public.

so, the uk should discriminate who they employ based on their religion?

that is not multi-cultural, and is flat bigotry.

doesnt he have the right to not be offended? should his beliefs be oppressed?

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Originally posted by DohBama
Western culture must appease and accommodate islam, not the other way around. ever.

Why ?

the answer would not be what we refer to in the west as 'politically correct' and thus not acceptable to our western sensibilities and rejected as defamatory.

nonetheless, it would still be true.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DohBama

You should try and keep the post on topic, were not here to discuss if i or anyone else should seek refuge in some religion which i have obviously seen its results throughout the middle east.

On that note, you have not answered my question. Which is

Are men and women equal ?

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
reply to post by DohBama

You should try and keep the post on topic, were not here to discuss if i or anyone else should seek refuge in some religion which i have obviously seen its results throughout the middle east.

On that note, you have not answered my question. Which is

Are men and women equal ?

i am on topic, which encompasses why this dentist has made the decision he has. and why it seems strange to us westerners.

is this not the case?

women and men are equals in our western society, and i personally agree with that.

satisfied?

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Western culture must appease and accommodate islam, not the other way around. ever.

Why ?

the answer would not be what we refer to in the west as 'politically correct' and thus not acceptable to our western sensibilities and rejected as defamatory.

nonetheless, it would still be true.

Well, I'd like to hear it anyway.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

the UK is a democratic government, which means the majority can change the laws that govern them.

The Uniteed Kingdom is a Constitutional Monarchy, which means that the laws are set by the Crown, and may only be altered by a relevant act of parliament, voted on by elected representatives.

however, there is a separate legal system of laws for muslims there:

No. There isn't. There is a tolerance for settlement within community, according to belief, as I stated previously, that still is superseded by British Law if need be.

You even quoted my text, here..

Civil law, and only some aspects of it at that, may be referred to the beliefs of cultural groups providing agreement can be reached between two parties, and the court will accept the agreement. The Jewish Beth Din is an example, but even then, the decision may ultimately be overturned, or not recognised should one party not be fully satisfied. The same would apply to agreements under Sharia, but again overall jurisdiction remains with the Crown

And yet you choose to ignore it, and carry on spreading your particular brand of fearmongering, by quoting articles, at least one of which explains exactly what I've written above.

I find it amusing that someone who isn't from the UK would want to try and argue with someone who IS from there, about how the British legal system works. I think thats kind of arrogant.

You obviously aren't here for a discussion, and instead want to try and spread as much anti muslim rhetoric as you can, so let me state this as clearly as possible.

The law in Britain is ultimately goverened by the Crown. The courts may seek advice, or accept a decision made by parties on civil matters via arbitration, which includes sporting, civil, professional and religious arbitrations, such as the governing bodies of a sport (the Football Association/Sports Council of Great Britain springs to mind), a society representing a professional body (the various governing bodies of the construction industy come to mind), or a religious council (such as the Beth Din for jews, or Shariah for Muslims). At no time do any decisions made by such bodies supersede British Law, and as necessary the Crown may intervene, and prosecute who it sees fit should it deem that a criminal act has been committed

I can't put it clearer than that, because thats all there is to it.

In this case, the NHS governing body will decide if this dentist is struck off, and the Police may choose to prosecute him for discrimination, if they consider he has acted in a manner outside the relevant laws.

[edit on 9/5/09 by neformore]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Sorry didn't read everything

have question.

How do you work on someone's teeth through a burka?

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Well, I'd like to hear it anyway.

i have already mentioned that the goal of islam is the submission of all allahs children.

some see this as a blessed, beautiful and positive thing. others do not.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

not burqa, hijab.

this is how the physical temptations of women are concealed from men.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

not burqa, hijab.

this is how the physical temptations of women are concealed from men.

OH thank you.

You know I have a theory on head coverings, but that another subject.

grigori

[edit on 103131p://bSaturday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

none of that refutes the facts reported about the acceptance and presence of sharia law in the uk.

are the laws in the uk immutable?

Polygamy law set for challenge

is polygamy lawful in the uk?

Muslim husbands with more than one wife to get extra benefits as ministers recognise polygamy

fearmongering? only if you re-define the meaning of the word drastically.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777You know I have a theory on head coverings, but that another subject.

i wouldnt regard the mentioning of your theory too off-topic here.

are you aware of the origins of covering women in islam?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join