It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truckloads of dead civilians after Afghan battle

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
when your outnumbered and out-gunned, the way i'm sure the taliban are, then guerilla tactics are, but what other option?

Hiding out in your brothers or neighbors house is NOT guerilla tactics.
Good grief!

However, if your retarded strategy is to hide in your mothers house or your neighbors house, then don't come crying to me when they get killed because you don't have a legit base of operation.

[edit on 5/6/2009 by WhatTheory]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

good grief yourself!
again i will state i do not support any terrorist organisation.
what i'm saying is terrorists are just that. terrorists.
they are not gonna put on their greens and stand in line while predators fly around and blow them up from miles away.
it shows your intelligence on the subject when you use the fact that they don't as justification for murder.

the US needs to swallow pride, admit it # up and pull out
or
keep up the shenanigans until it ends the same way vietnam did. millions of innocents dead, a politcal and civil belief in defeat and south vietnam being taken by the communists weeks later anyway.

bad for you either way

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   

they are not gonna put on their greens and stand in line while predators fly around and blow them up from miles away.
it shows your intelligence on the subject when you use the fact that they don't as justification for murder.

No, it just shows your ignorance. Do us all a favor and keep your head in the sand.

Again, if there strategy is hide in their mothers house or neighbors house, don't come crying when they get killed because they don't have a legit base of operation. They DON"T have to hide with civilians. This is what they choose to do. Just like in life, people need to take responsibility for their own actions. They choose that strategy then they will have to accept the consequences. It's their own fault, period!!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Both sides are just plain murderers who fight over the turf. Civilians are by no means any responsibility in their own opinion. The authorities never bother with such responsibility.

All wars are just gang wars, there's nothing "good" and "just" about them. Criminal minds justify everything.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
Its war. Sometimes innocent people die. It sucks, but its part of war. This is especially true when your enemy tries to hide by going into peoples villages and houses.

It's so easy to use the w-word as a catch-all excuse. Perhaps be a bit more careful about who's down there before they push the trigger the next time? Or use something else than high-flying airplanes when in doubt?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   

this is a war your country took to them. you sit there expecting that they "fight" your nation and its allies on your terms. if they are hiding in their neighbors its probably because they fear for their lives.
because of their ideology they are being hunted like dogs in their own land. they fight the only fight they can.

i'm the one with my head in the sand. right.

you have no justification other than shifting blame to them for fighting in a fashion that makes life difficult for your nation. instead of doing the job the way it needs to be done its just easier to just kill everyone. no?

[edit on 6/5/09 by spearhead]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   

this is a war your country took to them.

Why? Do you remember? The Taliban should have thought things through first before attacking the U.S.
They underestimated our response. It's not the fault of the U.S. They started, we will finish.

you sit there expecting that they "fight" your nation and its allies on your terms.

Huh? I don't care. You are the one crying like a little girl. I'm glad they are using their retarded strategy because it's like shooting fish in a barrel.
However, they will surrender on our terms on they will die.

if they are hiding is probably because they fear for their lives.

OMG!
This must be one of the funniest posts of the week.

Yeah, the Taliban are scared and that is why they are hiding out in their mothers and neighbors houses. Give me a break.

This is the strategy they choose because they hope more people like yourself will cry and whine and say how bad the U.S. is because civilians are dying. Pfft....they are playing you like a fiddle. Sad, just sad.

[edit on 5/6/2009 by WhatTheory]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   

you should spend sometime in the 911 forum. the taliban wasn't responsible. your government occupied afghanistan for its own agenda.
for a free access to the millions of dollars worth of poppies to produce heroin, a back door to iraq for oil and a base of operations in the mid-east.
now thousands of innocents are being killed but it's ok...
...................... your a patriot

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
here's one of my previous threads that went totally unnoticed.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

just another example of the thoughtless killing going on in a country torn by war for over half a century

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
~double post~

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Spearhead, all I can say is that you really need to get a grip on reality and learn to stop falling for their tactics. People like you are the best weapon the Taliban and Al Qaeda could ever hope to have. You should be ashamed that you are supporting a regime that wants to bring a country back into the Stone Ages.

If your an American I truly hope you get charged with sedition under the Smith Act of 1940.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by ChrisF231]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
These civilians would have been supporters of the Taleban.
Normal civilians leave their homes as soon as they know Taleban and Western forces are in the area.
This is how spys/dickers are normally spotted.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
reply to post by munkey66

As bad as you think America is to civilians we are actually the nice guys, do you see the Russians, Iranians, etc worrying about collateral damage when they ffight. No you dont.

I was just wondering, what war can you tell me about where Iran killed civilians? Actually what war was Iran involved in? Tell me about that please?
I need dates of a war Iran was involved with, and with what country?

Thank you.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Ummm Iraq and Iran fought for like 8 years. You must have been born after or too young to remember the 1980's. You could also do a quick Google search. There are also several smaller conflicts there were involved in.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

I believe the term I would use for you is "self righteous."

" I will complain but I will do NOTHING to stop it other then say it's bad."

"We should stop the killing of civilians."

Wow...why don't YOU go into those villages and tell the people to chase the bad guys out so that these mean, hateful, war-mongering soldiers won't kill them.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

can you spell VIETNAM!
kill everyone who could be a terrorist, now or in the future'.

Yes well like in Vietnam the cong would often start fights near civilians so they could use the deaths as a propaganda poster.

How about all those civilians the VC death squads killed. Like in Hue City for example.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Ummm Iraq and Iran fought for like 8 years. You must have been born after or too young to remember the 1980's. You could also do a quick Google search. There are also several smaller conflicts there were involved in.

Saddam attacked Iran with help from the USA and USSR.
But Iranians are oppressing the Bahaullah and everybody else who is not "with them" in the same ideological frame. No difference there, they're all scum.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
As Borat so rightly put it "May you destroy their country so that even for a thousand year not even a single Lizard will survive in their Desert."

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I don't buy the "terrorists are using innocents as human shield" because:

1- for shielding, human bodies do not work any better then a brick wall or a bag of sand;
2- it's obvious that the US military don't care if "terrorists" are using civilians as shield, right? They are blowing everything up anyway!!!.... so why bother giving that crap as an excuse when it just DOESN'T MAKE SENSE?

"Oh... look at those al qaeda idiots... they are using civilians thinking we are not gonna bomb them... ha ha ha... unleash hell on them, John..."

idiots...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Does everyone in the room except for boreddude think it is okay to lose a war if no civilians are killed? That seems to be the only option you are leaving yourselves, unless the magical way of winning wars without civilian casualties is revealed to me.....anytime now.....
The inherent guilt that Americans have is an expression of their condescension. Who are you to call Afgan civilians helpless? They are men, women, children with varying qualities, the sum of which is their equality. By believing that they are all victims seems to also justify America's invasion of iraq. let me explain.
How have americans been lied to any less than the taliban has been lying to the civilians in afghanistan? Were you not lied to? Didn't W go into Iraq without reason, lying to you about what proofs they had? Didn't he basically ignore afganistan, the home of the 9/11 culprits, officially?
Hasn't the world grown to think less of you at best, and hate you at worst? What doing of this was yours? So really, by the same logic you are applying to the afghans, you yourselves are victims. It is interesting to me then that the afgan civilians should are the only ones who deserve mercy, whereas the soldiers, and anyone else not in the "know", are branded invaders for reacting naturally to a seemingly unprovoked attack on 9/11.
How many truck loads of bodies would that be?

[edit on 6-5-2009 by heyo]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join