It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truckloads of dead civilians after Afghan battle

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
how's this.

Pakistan is under US pressure to crush the militants, who Washington has called the biggest terror threat to the West, and US President Barack Obama has put the nuclear-armed Muslim country at the heart of the fight against al-Qaeda .

Pakistani planes blast Taliban hideouts.

it wouldn't surprise me if the US is pushing Pakistan to 'unofficially' take over the role of killing "useless eaters".
afterall they are right next door and the US finds its way out of the storm.
notice how they use obama's name in this comment.

US President Barack Obama has put the nuclear-armed Muslim country at the heart of the fight against al-Qaeda .

if it all goes bad President Patsy takes the fall.
now i'm not saying its not a good move to put the war inthe hands of a nuclear armed muslim country.

i'm saying its a great move.

[edit on 7/5/09 by spearhead]

[edit on 7/5/09 by spearhead]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Kombatt98

WTF?
Do you even know how to read?
I guess not, Im assuming it is a lot easier to blame the US for all of your problems.
Why dont you go lay down in a ditch somewhere and we will be with you in a second.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Again, if there strategy is hide in their mothers house or neighbors house, don't come crying when they get killed because they don't have a legit base of operation. They DON"T have to hide with civilians. This is what they choose to do. Just like in life, people need to take responsibility for their own actions. They choose that strategy then they will have to accept the consequences. It's their own fault, period!!

The "insurgents" may be the only ones exercising choice here. The civilians most likely do not have a choice - they are unable to prevent the guerrillas from occupying their homes as shelter.
Knowing that fighters are hiding with civilians (some of whom may be willing, but most are likely not) is not an excuse to just bomb the houses and kill everyone. An alternative strategy that gets the wanted target and saves the innocent is the only way to go; otherwise just get out of there.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Something else I want to bring up about this story. Whether it turns out that is was the US who did this or the Taleban, it was initially reported that the US did it. I remember very brief MSM coverage about it and it was quickly back burnered within hours and mostly disappeared from coverage. Now, I do not support George Bush at all - I think he and Obama are different looking conductors of the same train heading to the same location, but if this happened while Comrade Bush was still president it would be the top headline on almost every station for a minimum of a week. Why does it get brushed aside by the majority of MSM while Comrade Obama is in charge?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I am Canadian, and our government expends a great deal of our limited Military resources in Afghanistan (only about 3000 troops, but that is a lot for us). What a waste.

Regardless of who killed these civilians, they were killed for the sake of this endless war.

The USA has typically gone into war for personal interest. Not because of any greater good.

Super brief history of Afghanistan in the 80s: This region was occupied by the Soviets. In the Soviet war in Afghanistan the USA was the major financial aid and weaponry aid to the mujaheddin (parts of which became the Taliban later). The USA trained insurgents with the CIA helping out. There is a chance Osama bin Laden was one of those trained by the USA, but those who write history in the USA debate this. USA interest – weed out the communists.

Now: USA occupies Afghanistan, and it is likely that Russia has at times given financial aid to the Taliban.

How do people not see the cyclical nature of war? How history repeats itself...

Regardless of whether there are normally civilian casualties in a war, does that justify the war in the first place? Is this war worth the casualties? The war has been going on for almost 8 years now and what has been accomplished? What is the current objective? Why are these people being killed?

Let's go through some of the objectives and see how this war is failing big time:

1) Originally because of 9/11, the objective was to remove Osama Bin Laden. Failed.
2) Fight terrorism/the Taliban. Failed big time. There is an increase in Taliban insurgency. What do you think will happen with so many civilian casualties? The survivors join the Taliban to get revenge with the ‘evil America’.
3) Achieve some type of stability in the region??? Huge fail.

Now let’s see what this war has actually caused and some true motives:

1) Caused huge increase in drug production and drug trade by the Taliban. Well…huge fail to America’s war on drugs.
2) USA put up military bases, with plans for more permanent military bases. They want a strategic military location, and to exert some control over the region.
3) The Caspian Oil pipelines! It seems too obvious that the major objective is to control this strategic region to allow for easier export of oil in the region.

All the war accomplishes is creating greater instability in the region. You cannot force your principals, beliefs, or style of government in other nations and hope to see positive results. It has to be a slow gradual change brought about by the people of the nation.

But none of what I say matters…civilians will continue to die for no good reason.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Taken during his campaign.

Change I believe in.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kombatt98

I think the subject matter of this topic is that some of your Muslim brother beheaded three people to compel the police to react, so that they could ambush the police.

Then, when things get out of hand, the US military takes out some buildings where these all-so-civilized-beheading-Muslims took refuge, and some women and children MAY or MAY NOT have been killed.

Either way, it's fanatical Muslims that have created so much misery in this region and others.

You go ahead and cheer for them.

And may you and your compatriots continue to spread your own misery.

Enjoy it, for it may not last.

The Great Satan may one day decide to glaze your fine brothers, and enable them to become part of the world weather system.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Good find. S&F.

Amazing what it takes to prove a point these days, isn't it?

sofi

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Nickmare

Canadian boy...

Please remeber that you would be speaking Russian if it was not for AMERICAN troops, nukes and desire.

I love how this post went from AMRERICA KILLS INNOCENTS to...

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO KILLED THEM> AMERICA IS BAD.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

PESHAWAR, Pakistan (AFP) - Pakistan has sent fresh troops to the volatile Swat valley after ordering the army to "eliminate" extremists battling government forces for control of the key northwest district.

Pakistan orders military to 'eliminate' extremist's

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   

~from the source~
"It's a regional problem, it's a worldwide problem," he said after meeting key Congressional leaders considering a massive aid package for Islamabad .

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
there is always money involved.
of course pakistan's military would be motivated, if $$$ is in da house!

[edit on 8/5/09 by spearhead]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
hey look, america has admitted fault in the "accidental" killing of a lot of people.....

so after all the ranting about taliban being sneaky little buggers, which they no doubt are, it turns out they were killed by american airstrikes.

US killed Afghan civilians: report
A US probe has found its troops were responsible for the deaths of Afghan villagers in air strikes earlier this week,

im sure many will find this aggrivating....
"comparable to isreal, achoo!"

[edit on 8/5/09 by spearhead]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

KABUL (AFP) - A US and Afghan investigation confirmed Saturday that "a number of civilians" were killed in clashes with Taliban this week although President Hamid Karzai charged that up to 130 died in US air strikes.

A 'number of civilians' killed during Afgan clashes

if you read enough, all the dead are buried in mass graves so actual figures can not be confirmed. coincidence?

they don't muck around over there, do they

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
How do you people know that the Teliban did not shell the town? The Teliban fires old soviet artillery and many who use them are not certified in using them if you get my drift. This would also be a strategy of the Teliban to make it look like the U.S. was responsible.

The Teliban has been targeting innocence since its conception yet its well documented that American troops, Even the special forces guys go out of their way to help the every day Afghans. Many many former Afghani born Teliban troops and leaders have seen that America has the Afghans peoples back, Seeing that they have returned to Afghanistan to help America rebuild their country. The Teliban will target all Afghans who are sympathetic to NATO and have many times so all you America bashes need to think again.

Its terrorist propaganda people. U.S. Special forces eat and sleep with the Afghans on a daily basis so the last thing they want to see is this crap happen. Get real.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join