It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five suspected militants killed in Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Five suspected militants killed in Afghanistan

au.news.yahoo.com

KABUL (AFP) - US-led and Afghan troops killed five suspected militants during "complex operations" targeting rebels in southern Afghanistan , according to US forces.

The rebels were shot dead as soldiers searched compounds in the province of Kandahar where troops found and "protected" 150 civilians, including 50 children, the US-led force said in a statement.

The militants were killed after refusing orders to evacuate buildings in the Taliban flashpoint of Zhari district.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

suspected militants

don't you just love it. now it's all about killing suspects.
apparently they refused to leave a compound so they were just gunned down like wild dogs. it says nothing about them being armed...

it seems more like they would of been fathers, sons and brothers of the apparent 150 civilians also in the compounds. the soldiers "protected" them. i'm sure the civilians all left the compound when the soldiers started capping people.

funny how it doesn't state what they were being protected from.
those US led forces... my heroes

au.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27/4/09 by spearhead]

[edit on 27/4/09 by spearhead]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
With the amount of "Coalition of the willing" forces in Afghanistan you would think you would be hearing reports of "500 insurgents captured" or "Large cache of Taliban arms found and destroyed".

But no this is what we get for a complex op. 5 Suspects. Not even high ranking Taliban or al c.i.ada leaders, just suspects.

It makes no sense to me why the US didn’t finish off ops in Afghanistan first, then move to Iraq. They seem to be doing just as bad in both places.

"Found and protected 150 civilians 50 of which were children"
More like
"Found and detained 150 prisoners 50 of which were children and then killed five random people to get information"

[edit on 27-4-2009 by TheKingsVillian]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TheKingsVillian

yes that sounds more like it. it would appear they are there occupying the country only to create the illusion of a war zone.
this in turn would stop too many people visiting the country and allow for vast amounts of poppy's to be grown harvested and processed into the worlds supply of heroin.

new topics

top topics

join