It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

could we have abilities?, just like heroes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
We may tap into super abilities sooner than you may think, a lot of people are suggesting 2012 will activate something in our dna, possibly having something to do with Junk dna, because of an altered frequency because of a pole shift or galactic alignment. There's of course a good chance this won't happen, but if anything is going to influence superhuman abilities, it will be 2012.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jephers0n

Yeah, sometimes I wish there were more people who think they can fly. Like the whole of washing dc's elite for example

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
OP, I would suggest the Signet Handbook on parapsychology as one resource that may help to answer you question "Could we have abilities?" There has been an enormous amount of research in the field of Parapsychology that proves some humans have certain abilities such as e.s.p; telekinesis, precognition, and so on. Perhaps we may never reach the levels of the abilities shown in heroes, but the fact of the matter is we have no idea what the limits of these powers actually are, or if there are limits at all. Some of the abilities seen on Heroes have been demonstrated by people in some way or another for example:
Psychokinesis - the act of physically affecting an object at a distance with one's mind, like Sylar. Yuri Geller is probably the most famous historical person to demonstrate this with his famous spoon bending, however there are many other who apparently have this ability. I just read a book by an ex-nasa astronaut Brian O'Leary where he claimed to have this ability, and to be able to teach it to most people.

Spontaneous healing, ala Claire Bennet - Many cases of this as well. In fact, when you consider the placebo phenomenon, it seems to be quite widespread, even though placebo patients are healing themselves without knowing it.

Clairvoyance or Precognition, like Isaac the Painter - There are well known clairvoyents like Edgar Cayce and Nostradamus, but the phenomenon is most often associated with sporadic precognitions of a disaster, illness, death of a loved one, or other extremely unpleasant situations. The process of remote viewing is a type of clairvoyance which has officially been used by our own government. Like Isaac from Heroes, most remote viewers use drawings to convey their information, though they do not, as far as I know, usually draw events in the future.

Super strength - there are many reports of people exhibiting inhuman amounts of strength especially under stressfull circumstances, one common story I've heard is of mothers lifting some sort of wreckage to free a trapped child.

Flight - There's a lot of arguments in previous posts about bone mass and so on. If a person has intense psychokinetic powers, there would be no need for lighter bones or wings.

I'm sure there are numerous other examples of abilities from heroes that have been demonstrated to some degree in some way or other. Yogis, Tibetan Monks, Zen Buddhists, Aborigines, Native North and South Americans, Western Saints - all these traditions have reported vast amounts of paranormal abilities. But if you don't want to take their word at face value, look at parapsychologists such as J.B. Rhine, Martin Ebon, Harold Puthoff, Russel Targ, there are many more, and they all present their evidence in as dry and scientific a manner as possible.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I don't know if this has been brought up.

On the history channel they have a show called Superhuman. This guy who is a contorsionist travels the world talking to these people with, for lack of a better term, abilities.

One guy can stand extreme cold wearing nothing but shorts and shoes so that he doesn't ruin the soles of his feet. This guy ran a marathon in shorts and shoes in snow and ice with the temp being at -30 below zero.

Another guy can act as a conductor of large amounts of electricity. It showed where he can pass 750,000 volts through his body. He sat on a metal stand being charged with 750,000 volts and shot lightning from his hands.

The last one I saw showed a guy who is a magnet. He can take metal and stick it to his body and have people try and pull it off. Nobody has been successful.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

the weird thing is i thought of that aswell.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

Originally posted by KarlG
reply to post by science lol

Physics does prohibit these powers.

if you're talking levitation, etc... forget it.

AND REALLY FORGET IT.

you've lived through infinite time and experienced and observed everything?

you understand the absolute potential in any and everything?

oh you dont?

didn't think so.

i love these "definitively speaking.. no you CAN'T!" people.

Yes, sir, absolutely.

I have no idea what's to come. I have not lived through life and all its many forms and futures. You may be able to levitate. Yes.

But NOW, CURRENTLY, no way. That's what I meant.

Come on. Television? Internet? Solar-powered cars?

Man. Isaac Asimov would die to be living in this age. Who am I to write anything off?

Thank you, for reminding me that I CANNOT be allowed to write anything off. If I came off that way... well, know that I am an open, technology-loving person. I WANT ANYTHING TO BE POSSIBLE (cliched however that may be), JUST THAT RIGHT NOW IT'S JUST NOT.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zenagain
I believe despite what the status quo thinks, that we "do" have some "powers" if you want to call them that. Telepathy, precognition, telekinesis, etc etc. I think there is FAR too much circumstantial evidence to rule these things out. I believe that we have more or less evolved out of these abilities although a small amount still exists. As for flying and laser beam eyes and whatnot, probably not. it's really entertaining from a fiction standpoint, (Heroes, X-Men etc), mainly because it allows us to see a form of ourselves that aren't quite so helpless, but I think if "powers" like what you are talking about existed at all, it would be in the animal kingdom where there would still be uses and pressures for them to exist.

There are actually quite a few people on ATS that practice telekinesis that can attest to that. However It's nothing as crazy as picking up vehicles and throwing them. More like spinning a PSI wheel and pushing pens and sunglasses and stuff. Sure we have powers but how super are they really?

Sure I notice the powers with in me, but I've been working on them for a pretty long time. They are not easy to tap into even for small things. It would be difficult to imagine someone that could manipulate anything no matter the size. (even though it is possible)

[edit on 28-5-2009 by DaMod]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by science lol
The laws of physics pretty much forbid pretty much everything mentioned in this thread.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by science lol]

How many times have people used that same line and been wrong? I'm pretty sure the same was said about flying planes because of the weight.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by science lol

Actually there is. Do me a favor, get a pen, focus on pushing it forward for about 15-20 mins. I bet it moves.

The laws of physics? There is still no unifying theory. Two we still do not understand the fundamental forces of the universe (sure we know they are there but have no idea how they work. Key example Gravity). If you know anything about quantum physics then you should know that this concept is not as far fetched as much that is accepted by modern scientists. In fact it is far less mind blowing.

When you move something in your mind you do not try to manipulate the physical object. You have to get down to the fact that in the end it is just a big mass of energy. That energy is inherently connected to you through the energy located in the space between you and the object. Lastly we are just big masses of energy. Our thoughts have an influence over that for one reason or another (something that we cannot understand)

Take the russian woman Nina Kulagina who could stop a frog's heart or Uri Gellar the spoon bender (actually I have a part about the spoon bending party on my TK thread) Located Here: Clicky

The point is that until we can understand what real and not real really is you cannot throw the physics card into this equation because after all this concept and how to use it could be classified as a form of entanglement.

Lastly I would like to add that this phenomena is not very widely studied. In fact most modern scientists won't even touch it. Just because a scientists says it is not real doesn't mean it is not, especially because if it was not a study done by them. That would make it an opinion and opinion alone.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Any true thing, is very demanding on your brain. If you have any of this, you will be so tired afterwards, from what i heard. Our brains are very young in this or maybe we unlearnt it, by devoloving who knows.

Another important factor is sexual energy from what i understand. I do not mean sex, i mean sexual energies. Some of us make more than others etc.... But like in paganism is very powerful i heard.

So there is two points you do not probably know, and maybe you should do some research.

But man from what i heard, anything real is very exhausting on your mind. I have read and seen vids of so called russian psychics, and they say its very hard on you.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
There are no super powers that are not provided though technology. Superpowers from solar radiation is pure fantasy for the weak minded and ignorant people out there.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Ah yes you.....

Did you ever take my advice and actually try it? Thought not....

Did you know our brains are faster than the fastest supercomputer in existence? Our brains pwn technology.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
There are no super powers that are not provided though technology. Superpowers from solar radiation is pure fantasy for the weak minded and ignorant people out there.

Have you seen some of the vids from russia and the old psychics lol.

Everyone is weak minded, and thats the way they are going to stay.

I doubt you know what the truth is.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
See Wertdagf's Major problem is that he still sees everything as physical.

Did you know that you never really touch anything?

You pick something up and hold it and feel it, but are you really touching it even in a physical sense? NOPE!

Every cell in your body is made up of countless atoms. Everyone one of those atoms is like its own micro solar system. When the electrons (two negatives) come in contact (but not really) with each other they repel each other creating a field in between your atoms and it's atoms. You may feel what you touch but you never really touch it.

We are literal masses of pure energy. Every atom in everything is made up of pure energy. What about energy contained in a vacuum? It is also as abundant. We literally swim through a cloud of energy but we are not a mass in that cloud, we are a part of it. If you say I'm wrong then you are contradicting yourself, because this is real science...

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

You have told many obvious LIES about your ability to move things with your mind. Im still waiting for those videos you were going to post to prove your pitifull delusions.

Isnt this how it always goes for blossom goodchild clones? Make a HUGE CLAIM say you have proof and then never show it.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Blah blah blah. I'm starting to remember why you're one of my foes. I'm not the one that is delusional. You're the one that always has to be right. Besides I have nothing to prove, I posted a lesson on how to do it, not proof of it. I've never tried to prove anything. The only thing I have done is to try to make people more accepting of the idea.

I'll make you a deal, I'll post a video when you actually give it a try k?

But you won't, your mind is stuck right where it is. Why do you think that is? Where you lied to a lot as a child? Maybe you have the assumption that people lie as much as you do therefore everyone lies? (not calling you a liar but if you are this would be a good reason you don't accept anything). I mean I understand being skeptical but your mind is closed under about 3 feet of titanium alloy. Before you spout of again I want you to answer some questions.

What is M theory? Explain.

What is String theory? Explain...

What is quantum entanglement? Explain..

Explain superposition and how it applies to elementary particles...

What experiment first made the idea of superposition come to light?

Have you ever seen yourself through the eyes of the ultimate observer?

Do you believe that everything everyone told you was fake really was?

What is a good digital video camera to purchase at a decent price?

No one else do this. Just Wertdagf....

I won't reply until you answer these questions, so don't expect me to.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Nice troll. You make an outrageous claim, the bourden of proof lies on you. And crappy quality youtube videos dont even come close to proof.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Lol, why does everyone use the word proof and claim with me? I'm just having conversation here. There is no burden of proof. I have no desire or need to prove anything. Why does everyone think I have something to prove? Is it the sniper kitty or what? I'll quote myself here now for the people who are saying I have something to prove.

Besides I have nothing to prove, I posted a lesson on how to do it, not proof of it. I've never tried to prove anything. The only thing I have done is to try to make people more accepting of the idea.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by DaMod]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Oh one more thing. If you want proof then why don't you try to do it yourself?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
This is something that I don't get.

If you don't believe in certain things, why do you feel the need to go to a place where that is being spoken about and bash the people who want to discuss it? Does if fuel your superiority complex to call the "delusional" ones stupid? Can you print of transcripts of these threads and show them to your friends and get "props" Or does it make you look like a close minded jerk. You people are just as bad as the conquistadores forcing christianity on the natives with the other alternative is death. Just go back to your little bubbles and high five each other over the "liars" you pwnd. Tool.

They say that the normal person uses 10% of their brain right? Well what do you think could be possible if we used even 50%, look at all that we as a race have accomplished only using 10%. It is as close minded to say that people are lying if they claim to have TK as it is to claim that we are the only life form in the entirety of space. And like DaMod has been saying, the realm of physics is far more complex than your high school physics classes which I wouldn't doubt are far more advanced than you cared to take while you were in school. So read up on your stuff before you start speaking in definates. Wikipedia(as unreliable as it is) has great information of theroritical physics, if you care to expand your personal bubbles.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join