It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

could we have abilities?, just like heroes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
the majority of human dna is inactive. We dont know what alot of the inactive parts do. There has been much speculation on what would happen if we activated the domant sequences. there really is no telling what some of them do without activating them. . . . super powers maybe

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Killah29
yes it is possible.

learning just takes a while, like just learning to light a small flame with your mind takes about a year.
Come on. There's absolutely no evidence for anything like this. Let alone any conceivable physical mechanism to allow it.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

exactly, it's not far fetched.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

i agree, we don't know what we're capable of, we might have the potential to unlock some dorment super powers.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter

Originally posted by prevengewhat if this capability lies dormant within our junk dna and it just needs to be "turned on"

If there are dormant avian genes that would make our bones light as a bird's (and probably just as fragile) and cause us to grow gigantic wings with the needed muscles... would we even be human any more if we turned them on? I can see how it might create genetic incompatabilities when attempting to have children with normal humans, making this engineered person their own biological species, and they would probably be even stranger looking than some sci-fi aliens.

er... i'm not talking about avian genes.. I'm talking about ultra configuration of our dna that would fit the bill for flight.. WITHOUT the pretty to think about but design-wise.. clumsy.. and inefficient aspect of having to have huge wings to flap and lift us up ONLY in an environment of "air"..
. i'm talking bones made of diamond or something indestructible and light..
it's not impossible... you just aren't imagining hard enough..
anything is possible.
whether we have to start from scratch and "modify" ourselves to be this "fit the bill" type..OR.. if it already exists and the key just needs to be turned.. to unlock it. and allow us to ascend..
man ydepictions of mercury/hermes holding the caduceus (kundalini) he is always pointing UP.. as in .. here.. i have THIS caduceus i was given by apollo to bring to you and show you the way to ASCEND..
IF you can figure out how to unlock the kundalini (snakes on the spine - staff).. and let it fill your "wings" .. your cerebral ventricles..
bathing your pineal gland... activating a second pubert.. a metamorphosis..

christ upon resurrecting.. in many artistic representations is depicted as pointing UP..

There are a lot of exciting possibilities (and huge dangers) to nanobot enhancements, but sci-fi style anti-gravity isn't one of them.

ooohhh.. didn't know you KNEW the absolute.

nothing personal but I refrain from challenging your shortsightedness.

discovering how our biology actually WORKS.. is essentially reverse-engineering nanotechnology that already exists...

-

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Dude if your thinking about flying forget it,how the hell are you gonna see with tears constantly in your eyes,birds have to eat twice their size to gather energy for flight,then their is altitude and aerodynamics,one of the reasons i never thought werewolves existed is, because the energy required to metamorph would drain you completely to death, maybe a chubby guy could pull it off.

So far the only thing credible,would be xenotransplantation

en.wikipedia.org...

think about it this way,if you could place the electric organs of electric rays in your hands,without your body rejecting it with natural insulation(myelin) for yourself,you could stun people on contact.

Either way your gonna need to graft some kinda plant or animal tissue or organs onto you,as a living symbiotic organism,to pull of regeneration or incredible strength or reasonable superhuman capability,the body can not store extra energy BUT another symbiotic organism can for you.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I don't know about flying, or x-ray vision unless your from Krypton. I did read a very interesting article about a child with super-strength though. Fascinated me to no end. And its an AP article.

Liam can run like the wind, has the agility of a cat, lifts pieces of furniture that most children his age couldn't push across a slick floor and eats like there is no tomorrow -- without gaining weight.

Rare condition gives toddler super strength

I think that we as a species are capable of much, much more than we can imagine. I know that some other animals can detect changes in the magnetic field, my grandmother always said that if you see birds or dogs acting strange that their was going to be an earthquake or something. Maybe some people can to.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by oneinthesame

i have just read the link, it's so fascinating that the kid can move objects twice as big as him, incredible.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by jellyman1991]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by science lol

Originally posted by The Killah29
yes it is possible.

learning just takes a while, like just learning to light a small flame with your mind takes about a year.
Come on. There's absolutely no evidence for anything like this. Let alone any conceivable physical mechanism to allow it.

it's called pyrokinesis. Look it up and try it.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jellyman1991

there was a show on the discovery channeled called Superhuman (i think) and in that show there was a man who could survive in freezing temps, they put him in a bathtub full of ice, and his core temp didnt drop, it actually rose to fight the cold. so i completely agree with you, we can have powers, but only to a certain extent.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
We want to have 'powers' so badly that it's a huge fantasy in entertainment.

Fantasy, but it's true. But unlike in entertainment, it's near impossible to reach that state for nearly all people. And it's quite the opposite of what's being portrayed in entertainment - it's far from being cool.

It doesn't require any defective/altered gene, exposing yourself to radiation. Just extreme discipline would suffice. And you'll never find it by doing your daily job, partying, orgies, drugs, going out with friends, travelling all over the world...

You need to be silent, you need to be alone, and on top of all, you need to be in CONTROL of your mind against the temptations of this world and your body. That's how 'superheroes' are born and also unlike their Holywood counterparts, they never get famous...

[edit on 3-5-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
. i'm talking bones made of diamond or something indestructible and light..

I don't see how it's possible that such a thing could be introduced by genes at all, let alone already be there hiding dormant. Genes result in the production of proteins; proteins are never made the way diamonds are made and consist of a very different molecular structure. If you could make a protein that produces diamond (something far beyond our ability - we're currently incapable of making designer proteins from scratch) a given cell would be unable to produce enough energy to pull it off en masse. Lastly, the density of diamond is about 3.5 g/cm3 while the density of a bird's bones is about 1.85g/cm3 - still much better for flight.

whether we have to start from scratch and "modify" ourselves to be this "fit the bill" type

Starting from scratch is an approach beyond our capability for my lifetime. It'll take at least 20-30 just to figure out all of the proteins we have in nature - we know a lot about the end results of what they do, but not necessarily as much about how they do it.

..OR.. if it already exists and the key just needs to be turned.. to unlock it. and allow us to ascend..

Again, nothing like what you described exists anywhere in nature.

and let it fill your "wings" .. your cerebral ventricles..
bathing your pineal gland... activating a second pubert.. a metamorphosis..

Bathing pineal glands and inducing hormonal imbalance seems like a recipe for cancer and nasty symptoms worthy of an episode of House, not flight.

ooohhh.. didn't know you KNEW the absolute.

Nanotechnology has nothing to do with the pseudoscience of "anti-gravity." Exotic matter with negative energy, if it exists, will be found by advanced particle physics and high energy reactions, not nanotechnology. It certainly wouldn't be something you'd want introduced into your body.

discovering how our biology actually WORKS.. is essentially reverse-engineering nanotechnology that already exists...

And as a molecular biologist I can promise it has nothing to do with "anti-gravity nerves."

[edit on 4-5-2009 by ngchunter]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Well in regards to Xmen like super human abilities I really doubt it.

But... I always thought that those Chi Masters who could knock over books from a distance of 5 feet were BS...until I saw a buddhist monk who is a Chi Master project his chi.

In fact I watched him do this just yesterday...literally. THis guy is someone I've know for a while. I know him well, he is honest and not prone to any stunts and considering that he did the chi Projection in a room that I was in for hours before he arrived to give the demonstration (I was responsible for cleaning it, and know ever inch of the room, no tricks could have occured) there is no way for magician tricks to have happened.

What he did was have 4 men stand in a circle around him. Each man was about 5 feet away from the maximum extension of his hands reach. Each man put a lit candle (tea light) on a tray and placed it on their head. THe chi master (monk) did a few seconds of chi work with himself, prepping. Then with a grunt and a flick of the wrist he pointed at each person in turn. using a technique called one finger zen. basically pointing at a target with their index finger. his hands were several feet away from the flames but each one blew out forcefully. the stream of smoke from the burned out candle went back about 18 inches forcefully like a continous wind was pushing on it before floating upwards. on one participants face one could barely make out what looked like ripples, as if they were in a strong wind, brush across the skin of their face as the candle blew out.

Keep in mind that the monk didn't blow the candles out with his breath, nor did he simple displace air to blow the candles out (from his sleeves flapping in the wind, or from real displacement of air which would have sucked the smoke toward him not forcefully blown it away from him.) another participant said he could feel the energy radiating off of him before he did the technique (we all could to be honest) And then said it almost felt like a electric shock when he got blasted by this masters chi projection. Granted the chi projection is not strong enough to knock a person over but it can blow out a candle from a few feet away.

Also, there was no air conditioning in the place and all the doors and windows were closed. and it happened at his will.

Disturbingly when he was doing this he had a extreamly intense expression on his face and (freaky part) his eyes turned almost completely black. There was some white from his scleras but not as much as normal. His pupils had diallated so much that there were no irises and they seemingly expanded past where the white would normally be for him. I'd say his eyes were 80 percent black pupils and 20 percent white sclera. Then the energy drained away and he was back to being a happy smiling monk again, explaining what he had just done in his normal broken english.

Then after he did that he said here I'll show you another chi demonstration and promptly did a one finger hand stand. He did a hand stand balancing on the tips of just his two index fingers, and held it for a good 5 seconds.

I've seen this guy break steel bars on his forehead and have no bruising or even a red mark after wards. I've personally broken bats over his arms and shins and still he has no red marks or bruises. it was almost as if the joke was on the baseball bat.

So is limited super human strength possible yes. Like three times the ordinary power.

is limited impreviousness possible for humans, yes. no he can't deflect a bullet, that would have enough energy that even he could not mitigate and kill him, but a baseball bat or a steel bar or a spear tip to the throat or a half in piece of rebar won't hurt him if he's prepared for it. but like all things he has his limits.

Also, he seems to be able to communicate with animals. he has had by his gaze alone a group of coyotes drop down into submissive behavior with their tails between their legs once while we were hiking in the hills. he simple looked at the trio of dogs, gave them a silent gaze and they all responded like he was the alpha dog, in extreamly submissive behavior. was it just his body language or can he talk empathically to other animals? I donno but it looked like a scene out of crocodille dundee.

but nothing is creepier than the black eye tranformation he does when in these states. it's pretty paranormal looking to me.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Have you ever heard of the Montauk Superman - Andy Pero? Google him and have a read. It's a long but riveting story. A wee snippet -
AP: "The trainers would put me into a trance whereby I'd be told I could jump off a ladder of minimal height. In my mind, I believed that I was only jumping off a footstool or a short ledge. In actuality, I was progressively led to jump higher and higher heights to the point of successfully jumping off buildings and even out of planes without a parachute.

"When under mind control, I could do whatever I was instructed to do as long as I believed them. I would do 200 or more push ups in perfect form, sometimes as long as a half hour straight, or until I was told to stop. I weight lifted 545 lbs.on a barbell and squats while attending college and much more (500-1500 lb.) while I was under the mind control in the training laboratory not far from Rochester, NY.

"In my jumps, it was as if I was falling like a cat, calm and cool with no fear, focusing like a laser only on the landing."

[edit on 4-5-2009 by wigit]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jellyman1991

Maybe it is about just turning on some genes, who knows. But i do not see any problem with people saying we could develop things like telepathy if our minds are strong enough for it. I have never watched heroes but i assume they have run of the mill type things we could imagine.

But if we could do any of these things, wouldn't the government be scared of people like that. Maybe thats one reason for mental hospitals to keep people that do not want to go the offical way to keep them so full of drugs etc...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
you know this monk says the same thing that this pero guy is saying. HE always tells us that we can do anything as long as we believe it. And he's turning out to be right. most of his students although not big tuff looking guys are gaining unnatural strength. Able to jump higher than normal, able to lift much more than some meat head at the gym but having only normal sized muscles. He explains that the brain really does follow the spirit. it's more than just will power. it's believing that you can do it. it's as if there are ways to tap into power sources that we aren't aware of or mankind has simply forgotten about over history.

I've been able to go for 36 hours with no food, little sleep, and the previous meal consisting of a banana, piece of toast, and a glass of fruit juice, and gone on with no hunger pains, no physical aches or tiredness and done very exhuasting kung fu workouts for hours. (the kind that pro athletes think they can do until they try it and shake their head in disbelief when their athletic bodies couldn't keep up, and they were feed that day) And then when I was done I had to think about if I was really hungry or not, even though I had expelled thousands of calories and not eaten for 36 or more hours. but then I say to my self, this is crazy, I should go get something to eat even though my body isn't asking for any food.

Personally I think I am getting that energy somewhere, it wasn't from the lack of food, nor from fat reserve, nor from adrenalin. I was feeding off of something. ALmost like I was pulling energy as needed from my surroundings like my body was an antenna that could feed on the energy around it for survival.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by iwishicould

i once read about a man who was buoyunt enough to be weighted
down in a swimming pool, and he still floated.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwishicould
... there was a man who could survive in freezing temps, they put him in a bathtub full of ice, and his core temp didnt drop, it actually rose to fight the cold.

Some time ago I started a thread about a fella with similar abilities.
It promply fizzled and died.

But if you consider being able to survive 20 minutes in arctic water, with no protection, an unusual ability (as I do) then check it out.

edit: link
oops!

[edit on 5-5-2009 by subject x]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Well, I for one KNOW for a FACT it's possible to fly.

Most people get fed up pretty quickly after only the second step, and they give up. This is not the way to go. I mean, practice makes perfect, right?

Anyways, the first step lies in hurling yourself straight at the ground as hard as possible.

The second step is simply to miss. Popular ways of missing is to get a friend to distract you with her distractingly great distractors, or a microwave 'dinging'.

**Try this at your own risk!**

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jephers0n

LOL!!

that post made my day!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join