It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake rattles Mexico city

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Earthquake rattles Mexico city

news.yahoo.com

MEXICO CITY – A strong earthquake struck central Mexico on Monday, swaying tall buildings in the capital and rattling nerves in a city already tense from a swine flu outbreak suspected of killing as many as 149 people nationwide.

The quake had a magnitude of 5.6 and was centered near Chilpancingo, about 130 miles (210 kilometers) southwest of Mexico City or 50 miles (80 kilometers) from Acapulco, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-4-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Let's see now; there's a biowarfare event currently occurring in Mexico, social unrest from drug lords and displaced former mex-americans, economic instability caused by fallout from the failing American state and now an earthquake.

We saw from the yellowstone event that America posses the technology to create localized earthquake events.

3:1 the Mexican government fails in short order, leaving an opportunity for American forces to invade and seize Mexican oil fields.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. -- Matthew 24:7

Scary stuff. Some days i wonder if we really are in the end times. Some days i kind of hope we are. Oh well, nothing to do but wait and see.

TA

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
It would be rather convenient if mexico collapsed. The precedent set with the signing of that document the NA leaders signed that allows US troops to squash a mexican rebellion is scary. The obvious problem is what if the uprising were against a corrupt regime, which is what they currently have ? It erases the sovereignty of not only their, but our own governments. The right to govern comes from the consent of the governed.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CapsFan8

It would be rather convenient if mexico collapsed.

Good point. Perhaps this quake and the rest of the unfortunate circumstances currently plaguing Mexico (drug violence, swine flu, etc.) have all been engineered to usher in the North American Union. As for American sovereignty, i don't really think it matters much to TPTB, seeing as how they are seeking to form a one-world government.

TA

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I hope things get better for Mexico soon. Those people are going through enough with this flu thing right now, they definately didn't need to be hit with this. I certainly hope that no country would sink so low as to attempt any kind of takeover now. My best wishes go out to them.

And if we are in the end of times, then we're all screwed.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
We saw from the yellowstone event that America posses the technology to create localized earthquake events.

Would you be so kind as to relay your source for the above statement?

Personally I don't recall the US government announcing this technology to the public...

But please... Do enlighten

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kliskey

Personally I don't recall the US government announcing this technology to the public...

Considering that the technology that HAS been announced to the public is always at least a decade old, i wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the possibility of the capability to produce earthquakes. Just sayin' ...

TA

top topics

join