It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Sensationalizing Flu Scare?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Alright, now this is just a thought. An observation I've noticed over the past couple of weeks of heavy posting and new members.

Now this Flu has got the whole world glued to their TV sets and internet attempting to figure out how bad it's gonna be, and who is to blame and all that regular jazz.

However this is only day what..4? And we already have an amazing ammount of threads claiming this is from Drug Cartels to the CIA to population control, right down to mother nature herself.

Does anybody else think that we here at ATS, although un-intentionally, have a habit of acting like hyperchondriacs? It seems that everytime some major story breaks we are all over it, yet the majority make wild claims and the thing turns angry.

I think perhaps we need to take a breather and come to the conclusion that perhaps not everything is conspiracy based.

Sometimes it feels as though some members (including myself at points) will sensationlize things, and I don't mean on purpose, I almost didn't notice I was doing it.

But it is far too soon to start dooming and glooming and attempting to decipher this event. All we can do is wait and see what will happen.

Anybody else got the same idea?

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
i agree with ya..I think for the first time there are allot of people on here acting far worse than Alex Jones..lol..I mean i have read posts titled''did JC cause the swine flu?'' amongst other faaarrrr fetched things..We do need to take precautions,as this is a NEW I will say it again NEW strain never before seen and or treated..That said precautions do need to be made as we as a people do not know the long term s of this one..We need to take it day by day and use appropriate measures as your exposed to them..

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
It is true. when a major breaking news story occurs, you are garunteed to see atleast a few conspiracies about it. All of which never come true.

For the most part, it is just wild speculation, fantasizing and theorizing... and alot of it is not based on any real fact.

We see alot of it here, because of the nature of this website. There are tons of open minded people on this site, but what alot of people don't realize is that if you open your mind to far, your brain will fall out!

In other words, when people theorize about this kind of stuff they often forget to use common sense, logic and facts. Because of that, the resulting posts consist of alot of fantasy, fear mongering and a major lack of anything solid.

If there is one thing that I have learned over the years it is this, Keep your mind open, but not so much that your brain falls out.

Great OP, You have said exactly what alot of people are thinking and you said it in a way that doesnt come across as a personal attack towards anyone who actually believes something is going to happen here.

S&F

Peace and love!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I don't know about calling it sensationalism, intentional or not, I think that ATS members have more dots to connects that others and once you start playing that game of connect the dots, you cannot help but to see a possible conspiracy where they may or may not be one... in the end though it's really up to each one of us to decide how much we want to act upon the information, ideas and theories being tossed around here.

With a page full of dots, I can connect them to form a flower or heart while you or another can use those same dots to form a knife or skull, it's all in your perspective...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I agree. I mean, I've posted with you many times, and I didn't want to call anyone out on it but it kind of surprised me because of the relative lack of/assault on skeptics. I mean, yes, I think we should worry. But we shouldn't be paranoid yet! It's treatable, it looks like. I don't really... I mean... I guess I know where it's coming from and I think it's interesting.

But I think sometimes we overreact.
*dodges*

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

I do have to agree with that. ATS members generally have alot of knowledge on a variety of subjects, so yes there are more connect the dots.

My though was that it seems to be too soon to jump to conclusions and make wild accusations without giving the time for proper research to be done.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Over-reaction is so true.

I think I've seen the swine flu connected to everything here, from aliens to chemtrails to bio-attacks to it being created because everyone thought about it.

I mean come on!

It's nearly impossible to actually see what is actually going on from the rubbish that is posted.

It's doing my head in.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
While always some will sensationalized this, ATS is a conspiracy board after all.

In all the years I have been in this board active we have been experting something like this to come our way, that is why ATS had the survival forum because conspiracy or not this is real.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
YA THINK?

Just a TAD!

I'm aware that there is a real and serious need to be aware of the situation but man every 10 seconds there is a new thread.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The threads are under the new forum just made by the ATS administration to handle the heavy traffic, so it should not bother anybody that doesn't want to participate in the new forum.

Remember people you are the one with the finger clicking and hovering on the threads.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

A move that I greatly appreciate. I'm attempting to be the Update guy in one of the threads so it's nice were keeping it to a few, and in one section instead of all over the board.

Good job staff!

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I like to look at it like this.
It's by allowing ourselves to be free enough to examine the extremes
that bring us to the middle.
Without the extremes we may not know where that is.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
There was once a great book written, and it is said that despite its many glaring (and sometimes fatal) innacuracies, its success was based on the fact that on the cover in large reassuring friendly letters, it read the words "DONT PANIC"

Now isnt there something we all can take from that

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

It's nearly impossible to actually see what is actually going on from the rubbish that is posted.

It's doing my head in.

Thats a good point .

There is quite a bit of wadding through blind speculation, to get to an update.

Those prone to posting fantastical perspectives will continue to do so ..... whatever the topic.

I`ll get worried when some of the "Die Hards" start threads with OMG , WE ARE ALL GONNA DIE !!!!

Strange days ......

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Well somebody should jazz them up a bit.

How about....

An Alien released the Flu when it got the go ahead for a population reduction after talking to the Rothchilds who phoned Obama and informed him that it was time to prepare for massive global warming just in time for 2012 and webbot exploded while releasing the final report to do a Swine Flu mutated computer virus?

That would make them more interesting.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

You are truly an evil human being for posting such a truth in this thread

What did we tell you Slayer? Don't Feed The Trolls...

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I think we should let all information in as we don't have all answers for everything, we have some great minds here who are capable of analyzing all information coming in and determining it fact, fiction, or not. Keep the dooropen and our minds and collectively we can work towards finding out the truth we are more powerful as one collective mind..

Oneness..

[edit on 27/4/09 by free_spirit_earth]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
SLAYER69

Is many conspiracies that can come out of this, after all the original contamination from animal to human has not been found yet in Mexico bringing the issue that this virus was a lab mutation.

And then you have the man that died after been closes to the President in Mexico, you never know if the man was infected to pass the infection to Obama.
but it back fire and now it has infected the population.

And is that Army ret Army general that believe that the virus is a lab created one.

So we can go on and on and this are all interesting conspiracies.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
My personal favourite is the blame Jesus one.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I mean seriously i dont know whats worse, the fact its trolling or if they actually believe that tripe.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
If you want some perspective on this outbreak, I'd suggest searching 'SARS' in the search bar :-).

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join