It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disinfo agents stop getting paid posting here - admit it when SHTF?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
In these times if a person can find a way to sit around and get paid for posting on ATS I think we should all be congratulating them.

Good job!

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by questioningall
What does everyone else think?

I don't think that there is such a thing as gov't paid disinfo agents.
If someone gave me credible information that says otherwise, I'd listen.
But so far .... I don't think that there are any.

What makes you think there aren't any?

Not saying you are wrong but you are the first to say so so I'm wondering what led you to this conclusion.

It will add to the discussion.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
Many times a logical reasoning person is thought to be a dis info agent because they do not agree with the OP.

What bothers me more are the fear mongers and poo poo slingers.

Why are dis info agents even a credible subject to discuss? They do not matter. They are not effective. And why care?

How do you know they are not effective?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Wow! that was weird I had a similar experience yesterday. Some new member jumped on one of my friends calling her ignorant and I jumped to the rescue.

New guys with attitudes are surely the ones to watch for. I also had a guy CREATE a new account just to add me to his foe list. Weird! No comment or post to a thread.

I dont know if I can remove a foe that added me. I also added one guy to my foe list and suspect him, as well. Very, Very rude, yet seemed highly intelligent. He seemed to attack me for no obvious reason.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

I was thinking the same thing. How convenient it would be to get paid for spending time on ATS. Just in the short amount of time I'v been a member here, I would have built up quite a nest egg already!

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Mr Green

Absolutely it is true - there really are paid disinfo agents to derail forums etc by the government.

There are also corporate ones.

I suspect that particularly well funded lobbies probably do it too.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
No I will never admit that I was an agent even if I lose my job! .......... I mean um.... Where is your links! You are wrong because you have no proof and stuff.

Even if somebody did admit it, people would probably not believe them or they would get disinfoed by the new dissinfoers.

Deny something or other

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

I can't speak from experience because I have not had U2Us making that accusation but judging by the overall level of paranoia here being accused of being one may be a sign that you were correct in your post. A close friend who also posts on this forum has this experience often, to the point of email wars which is f----g retarded. A lot of the people who are on here starting threads are just making trouble, not valid points, and can't back them up, but I never block anyone, the whole point is listen to all sides even if they are full of it.

They also resent anyone who can debate them on it, especially the more farfetched garbage that is not doing anything to promote useful discussions of worsening situations in the world that we all need to pull together to deal with beyond the economy. This is the same reaction I've saw in old newsgroups and community groups before the Internet was widely available, people who joined but never posted even got accused of it.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

That is scary and it happens a lot on the social sites as well. One of my classmates in 2006 had to file stalking charges against someone she never met or corresponded with from Myspace who began sending her serious threats from several profiles because he didn't like something she had posted to a friend's profile. That is scary since you can apparently download programs from the Internet that track a poster's ISP number and allow you to locate them.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

Wow, an email war would suck! Is there a way to block a user from sending those?

Your name secretagentwoooman must protect you from being accused. Maybe I'll switch to secretagentworld.

It's both funny and ironic about some of these usernames.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Well, obviously this subject should attract all of the so-called "agents"....in fact, I think many are already trying to deflect attention!

Note to you "agents": Please send me an application; I could really use the money.

What IS the salary? Is it a GS-level pay grade? What are the benefits? Medical, Dental, Vacation??? Do I have to undergo a credit check/background check? Speaking of checks, can I get an immediate pay advance?? (A boy's gotta eat....me hungry....)

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Great Thread questioningall

I know of four disinfo agents here on ATS.........Let me brouse the thread and I will post back who is posting here on this thread......

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Well it looks like we have one agent posting so far...........Look for the eye

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Well it looks like we have one agent posting so far...........Look for the eye

That's mean. I also thought you were a friend. I'm the only eye on here. Are being serious or is that a joke???

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Yes, I have taken some ribbing for it, more than a few current and ex-coworkers who read this site outed me! My screen persona and real life personality are identical, I blurt things out in real life a lot! I rarely get angry though, all I care is if you can back up what you say. Long story there and it connects to why I am a journalist. Also, I like DEVO......points to anyone who knows the connection.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Me too, my spending is out of control again and I am eyeballing some really nice shoes beyond my $20 per pair limit. I don;t know about you guys but if I was a disinfo agent I would be unable to suppress the urge to brag about it and rub it in. I'm an a=====e like that if you can't guess already.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

Well I'm sure you came up with secretagentwoooman before there was mention of the word disinfo.

I'm the same. I also blurt out things. I also have a problem of keeping my mouth shut.

cloudsinthesky just accused me of being one. I'm hoping she's joking. We'll wait and see?

[edit on 26-4-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
I, Argentus, hereby swear on my soul that I've never been paid a cent for writing disinformation, nor am I or have I ever been a disinfoist.

Pfff, of course you'd say that!

reply to post by questioningall

You know qa, there's probably a few peeps around here being paid to start all sorts of rumors that serve party, government, theories, some secret societies, even certain corporations.

Quite frankly I suppose they're welcome to try. I'd like to think that for the most part, the ATS community is smart enough to expose the lies and false premises. And in the end there's not much difference between the disinformants and the misinformed, if what either chose to post isn't truthful, it will eventually come out in the wash.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

In answer to 2 questions -

First - NO I have never posted on the job or on someone elses time of paying me! - Never been paid to post or got paid while posting.

Second here is one thread, with proof of paid agents from a chart - but I will find more -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

there is a link in the OP to the chart here: freespeech.vo.llnwd.net...

I know somewhere I inserted a direct article from a military site about paid disinfo agents online. I can't find it. I will keep looking.

[edit on 26-4-2009 by questioningall]

Ok. Now I understand. And here I thought disinfo agents were suposed to spread bogus info. Thank you for clearing that up for me.
I always thought it was kind of ridiculous since there are enough unpaid people out there doing it for them.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I heard that, wanna start an email war?????

Better duck Cloud in the Sky, we're coming for you!

I just have to buy a new pair of shoes first.

All aside, Internet bullying is not funny. "M" used to send me the contents of what people were saying to him and was sad, there are a lot of people who lurk on the Net to target people just to be bullies. For the record, I like everyone on here without exception even if I don't like your views or call you to task for printing BS which let;s face it, that is what a lot of stuff here really is and we all know it and that is why we like this site even though it is in very bad taste a lot pf the time. It;s also no secret that there really are paid disinfo agents and they are easy to spot, some of them sound very press releasish or antagonistic.

The few u2us I;ve had have been very polite and helpful, so thanks guys! but I feel bad reading some of these threads because I know some of you are getting hateful ones. Many years ago I made the mistake of asking a simple question in a news groups about a Pink FLoyd album date and got so many cruel and pointless responses that did not connect to the question that I changed my email address....many tears later. To this day I still feel creepy listening to The Wall after hearing those comments. I;m sure that is coloring the perceptions some posters are having as they use the Net sites like this.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join