It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disinfo agents stop getting paid posting here - admit it when SHTF?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I was once told that these " disinfo agents " do in fact waste our tax payer dollar by paying " agents " to actively take part in message boards , such as ATS .

These " agents " will speak in a type of code so that other " agents " can recognize one another .

I was also told that these " agents " will usually jump into a thread when the thread starts to get a little to close to the " truth " .

There goal ? To discredit the topic and render the conversation irrelevant .

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

"Max....I'm ready for my closeup!"

Soccer Fan: "Goal!"

Igor: "There goal..."

Fan: "What?"

Igor: "There goal...there castle."

Fan: "Why are you talking that way?"

Igor: "Thought you wanted to. Whatever, I'm easy!"

(Sorry, my evil overlord handler made me....)

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Speaking of which, did anyone else here get a sharp reprimand from Intrepid asking you not to "circumvent" the cuss word censor?

Dude, I have just been U2Ued!
(just kidding Intrepid!)

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Hey, want me to send you one? I don't want a friend, I mean, enemy and disinfo agent, to be left out in the cold!

You already know the word I described myself......

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Okay, tell me what the difference is between a troll and a disinfo agent, please. I actually have no idea how to tell the difference.

I see posters immediately trying to derail a thread by accusing the OP or other posters as being completely ridiculous, when there is proof of something. I have found that odd, since the proof in right in front on the OP.

As for that one member that posted something immediately after me for about week - putting me down for whatever posting I did. That one still does continuely try to shut down threads and derail them, I have found.

I have never put anyone on "ignore" nor have I added anyone as a "foe" - I want to read all that people post - it is informative and in that way - I am able try and watch their other postings and see if they always counter the OP - especially when it is a getting to the truth of something.

Also in regards to the posting - of agents signing confidentialty agreements - those will be worthless when the SHTF - in my opinion.

Also in regards to the posting earlier about people feeling "important" - I don't think anyone here - feels "important" either. I do feel people here want to get to the truth of what is happening in the world and there are disinfo agents to try and counter it. Truth - is what is "important".

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
reply to post by intrepid

Okay, tell me what the difference is between a troll and a disinfo agent, please. I actually have no idea how to tell the difference.

Troll = Jerk
DA = Paid jerk

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

LOL - Okay that is one way of saying it

Now - tell me how to "tell" the difference between the two. When I see people trying to derail a thread - how can I tell the difference between a troll or a disinfo agent?

btw: nice avatar!

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

In the end it's almost impossible to tell. True disinfo agents are never that obvious, they'll almost never make loud noises, and hardly ever break the t&c.

Be mindful of one thing QA, the purpose of disinfo is not necessarily to discredit or promote a specific agenda. It is usually to discredit a website like ATS. One of the ways to achieve this is by making us all suspicious of each other.

Don't empower them by doing just that.

So in the end the best way to deal with them is to be indifferent to the very idea that they matter. Just approach each thread and post with the same clear reasoning regardless of who's typing it on the other side of the screen.

Reason and truth in the end will prevail.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Good point. She is right, that is a beautiful image! Is that computer generated or an infrared image?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
Also in regards to the posting earlier about people feeling "important" - I don't think anyone here - feels "important" either. I do feel people here want to get to the truth of what is happening in the world and there are disinfo agents to try and counter it. Truth - is what is "important".

Absolutely truth is important.

That 'T' word is a dickens...as for many 'truth' can be somewhat subjective.
Subjective? No way! Truth is backed by evidence!
Evidence can be subjective.

Is it a real possibility there are paid Disinfo Agents operating on ATS?
Yes.

Gee - a good friend of mine who works for our country's Security Intelligence Service regular surfs here...as do some of his work colleagues...

...though he tells me he/they do so to point and laugh mostly at some of the fanciful theories that pop up here on a daily basis...

So definitely there are at least paid Govt Intel who have at least been on ATS.

Its therefore in no way that big a stretch to think that could also extend to those within various Intel Services/Agencies to surf and monitor.

Any service/agency worth their salt SHOULD be watching/sifting for information. And with ATS as the largest of its type - well...seems to me if you want to catch some fish sometimes its good to fish in big ponds with lots of them.

So its not such a stretch to then take on board that there may be paid Intel agents here monitoring.

If we accept that - then I guess its also not such a big stretch to then contemplate the fact that Members here can not only read - the can post also...

...so again, if I was a shifty Intel Agency charged with the task of covering up various important bits of info...yeah...I'd probably be online posting some red herrings here and there, creating smokescreens etc to cause confusion, tearing down people who may well be 'close to the truth'...or befriending them - along the lines of keep your friends close but your enemies closer...

That however - in some ways - is possibility based on possibility...each leap is from a stepping stone of possibility/probability to another.

The BIG questions however are:
IS it really happening here?
IS it really happening to you/me/him/her?
IS that person challenging really a Disinfo Agent?
IS your opinion really that close to the truth or that important to warrant having an employed Disinfo/Intel Agent monitoring with the intent of countering your opinion - or the opinions of others who may support your opinion.
I know how much my friend gets paid. He doesn't come cheap. I can't imagine many employees of any 'Hush-hush-Super-Sneaky-alphabet-agency' is going to be working for cheap either. So - IS the financial/resource expense warranted?

...to me personally...to think that some opinion I personally had warranted my own shadow-squad...well...

...unless *they* really just want to know my best fishing spots...

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
So in the end the best way to deal with them is to be indifferent to the very idea that they matter. Just approach each thread and post with the same clear reasoning regardless of who's typing it on the other side of the screen.

Reason and truth in the end will prevail.

...and that to me is a good way of being...

...just keep posting what you're posting...cast of what you feel is chaff, keep what you feel is grain...don't buy into any tit-for-tat stuff...just keep doing what you're doing.

Its as good a plan as any really.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   

for the OP, I wonder the opposite of teh question.. what will you do when TSHTF, and fin dout that there aren't any paid debunkers and disinfo agents. will people try to find something else to blame for a dissenting opinion, or dream up some secret fund specifically to finance these people?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Do you wear a Tin Foil hat at night by any chance?

My god some people must be totally para to believe "Agents" could
even be bothered with a two-bit board. Honestly.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Disinfo agent is such a bad term. For one thing Disinforming is not used for trivial matters. Real operatives and agents use a disinforming technique for flushing out spies and serious matters. Tell agents 1 the plan is to flank the enemy to the right. Tell agent 2 plan= flank to the left. Tell agent 3 full mass to the center. Then you watch what the enemy does to see which of your agent is most likely the spy.
IF there were disinfo agents on this site I picture a large roffice building with smart suits amongst say 20 or 30 people rnning bots and programs to flood the internet with tons and tons of disinfo. Half the people would be recording results moreso than trying to trick us.
It's just my understanding is that disinforming is one of them advanced plays for countering something that's running advanced plays against you.
Not some dis organized add in the paper on how you can make money from home at your computer desk.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I hope the Government recognizes my genius and hires me for a huge salary.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
We all know who at least 5 of them are, if you don't then you haven't been around long enough to spot them. All u2u's were monitored

Money and Power go hand in hand

[edit on 27-4-2009 by franspeakfree]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

He told me that all u2u's were monitored

I really hope this is NOT true. Something happened to a friend on mine recently after we discussed something in a U2U. Although he didnt accuse me of breaching his confidence directly he did wonder how the information in our conversation may have been seen or heard by others, it was either that or I had told another, which I hadnt.

They are guaranteed private so this is how they should be...I hope.

One thing is right though, it does make you question who you are actually talking to on here !!

EDIT However I am sure just as much if not more is discussed in U2Us than on the actual boards so yes U2U would provide a wealth of secret information!!!

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Mr Green]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reevster
I highly suspect there are disinfo agents on here, I have put 2 suspect posters on ignore , I wont say who they are but if you read enough posts on this forum it soon becomes clear who they are.

[edit on 26-4-2009 by Reevster]

Yeah. I've been "outed" too, though I don't think it was by you.
I was briefly shocked but rebounded rather skillfully.
The section leader bought me a beer for that one.
/sarcasm

Acused of having a "government job" for understanding exactly what I saw and not needing anyone elses opinion of what I saw.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Green
reply to post by franspeakfree

He told me that all u2u's were monitored

I really hope this is NOT true. Something happened to a friend on mine recently after we discussed something in a U2U. Although he didnt accuse me of breaching his confidence directly he did wonder how the information in our conversation may have been seen or heard by others, it was either that or I had told another, which I hadnt.

They are guaranteed private so this is how they should be...I hope.

One thing is right though, it does make you question who you are actually talking to on here !!

EDIT However I am sure just as much if not more is discussed in U2Us than on the actual boards so yes U2U would provide a wealth of secret information!!!

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Mr Green]

The network administrator has the legal right to read ANY communique's relayed across his network.
It's his job and his responsibility.
It is HIS network.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join