It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disinfo agents stop getting paid posting here - admit it when SHTF?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Question - How many people posting here will lose their "posting" jobs when the SHTF and they are not paid to be disinfo agents anymore?

I have often wondered the last few days, how many people who post on ATS to be disinfo agents and trolls will be losing their jobs, when the govt. doesn't have money to pay them anymore? Also, when that happens, will those disinfo agents come clean here on ATS and admit they were paid agents?

I know for a fact the govt. does that, in fact it has been admitted they have cyper agents to create problems and have disinfo posted, besides combat threads with truth.

I am not accusing anyone in particular - I am just musing the thought - if those agents will admit it, when they stop getting paid? - which I figure will be towards the end of the summer.

What does everyone else think?

Are there paid disinfo agents that try and derail threads all the time - like the pentagon admitted they had?

[edit on 26-4-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Hi questionall. So, you're wondering if paid disinfoists might convert to real, concerned people if TSHTF? Hmmmmmmm Interesting question. I would guess that if there are any paid disinfoists that they are ALSO concerned people. I doubt anyone would admit it, as that would turn focus onto them. I might even be a little dubious of someone who DID admit it, particularly if they claimed a "Bilderberg" or other "quasi-uber" source as their paymaster.

I, Argentus, hereby swear on my soul that I've never been paid a cent for writing disinformation, nor am I or have I ever been a disinfoist.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
It's an intelligent probability. However I figure that there are far many more actual "posters" that dis-info agents.

We are also quite good at weeding out the ones who pose some sort of thread to the boards. We are quick to pick apart theories and sources and anything that doesn't measure up gets removed or ignored.

So I think were safe, I see perhaps a couple of hundred members out of our 10000 would stop posting, no more than that.

We will have to see what the member count is as the cookie jar begins to fall off the counter

Then again, with all of the problems supposedly starting to happen this year (Environmental, Social, Economic) perhaps it will simply be that people can longer afford the internet, or may not have acces to it at all.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
I have often wondered the last few days, how many people who post on ATS to be disinfo agents and trolls will be losing their jobs, when the govt. doesn't have money to pay them anymore? Also, when that happens, will those disinfo agents come clean here on ATS and admit they were paid agents?

OK does this really happen? Is this really true? Who are these people and why do they do it? I often see posts that seem so odd and just out to get OPs that I must admit I think what is their motive...but real dis info??? Are you sure these actually exist on ATS, people who actually claim a wage for posting dis info???

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Good answer - I will do the same thing as you.

I want to right now proclaim to everyone here - I have NEVER taken a penny for any posting I have done here.

Aaahhh, but anyone can proclaim that and it not be true. But I am going to proclaim it anyway. Even if you believe me or not!

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

Absolutely it is true - there really are paid disinfo agents to derail forums etc by the government.

I was just searching for the news article about it, it is buried in a thread.

But the pentagon admitted there are paid people to be in forums.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Good answer - I will do the same thing as you.

I want to right now proclaim to everyone here - I have NEVER taken a penny for any posting I have done here.

Aaahhh, but anyone can proclaim that and it not be true. But I am going to proclaim it anyway. Even if you believe me or not!

I Proclaim as well mate

i have never, and will never be a disinfo agent, i am in the Long fight against this NWO/Illuminati/Bilderberg/TC/CFR scum!

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Alright you caught me. I am a dis-info agent. My payment is knowledge.

I apologize to all my ATS bretheran for stealing your information in order to make myself and others more aware

P.S "shhhh...Don't Tell The Mods.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I KNEW! it all along...

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Hiya Ms. Green. I don't know if it really happens or not; I know there is a perception of same. I was sorta-kinda accused of it via email when I stopped posting for 5 months after the U.S. elections. I can see how that might've appeared to be a pattern to someone, however I stopped posting for 5 months because we were slammed with a Cat 5 hurricane on November 8 and didn't get 'net back for 5 months.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
p.s. my belief is that the OP is correct and there are such people in various forums, I just can't state it with certainty as I lack both evidence and proof. it's easier for me to imagine there are folks paid to make political posts prior to elections than anything else.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Ok let's say there is in fact official government hired disinfo agents. I do not know that(although I admit I have wondered before). but for the sake of the thread lets just say there are. Ok? There are Disinfo agents hired by the government.

Now let's say that the SHTF and they are not getting paid anymore.

I would guess that they would not come clean. If they admitted that they were purposley trying to hold us all back and trying to cover up the very things that could have prevented the S from HTF then they would not exactly be very popular people, would they?

I am guessing that people would start going after them and blaming them for what has happened because they are the only ones available to blame.

For their own sake I do not see it being wise that any government hired disinfo agent reveal that they were in fact a paid disinfo agent.

I am trying to put myself in the shoes of one. (quite uncomfortable shoes). If I was a paid disinfo agent that is how I would react. I would not say anything for the reasons listed above. I would not want the whole world trying to hunt me down and harm me.

[edit on 26-4-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

What does everyone else think?

I don't think that there is such a thing as gov't paid disinfo agents.
If someone gave me credible information that says otherwise, I'd listen.
But so far .... I don't think that there are any.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Have you ever posted while at your job and on the clock? Would that not be being paid to post.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Many times a logical reasoning person is thought to be a dis info agent because they do not agree with the OP.

What bothers me more are the fear mongers and poo poo slingers.

Why are dis info agents even a credible subject to discuss? They do not matter. They are not effective. And why care?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I highly suspect there are disinfo agents on here, I have put 2 suspect posters on ignore , I wont say who they are but if you read enough posts on this forum it soon becomes clear who they are.

[edit on 26-4-2009 by Reevster]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus

Hiya Ms. Green. I don't know if it really happens or not; I know there is a perception of same.

Hi argentus
YOU were acussed of being a dis info agent!! Wow Im sorry via e mail..even worse! Well Ive never seen any post by you that shouts dis info.
The whole idea of dis info agents on ATS is of course quite feasable when you look at the topics we discuss but Ive never really taken this all that serious actually. If we are totally truthful in what we post and totally honest then no amount of dis info agents are going to stop us. I know what I believe and what I have seen and dis info to me is just an annoyance actually. Yes folks come on and de rail threads and some times it works, but it doesnt stop me, I just get wise to their ways slightly...maybe?? Not sure but dis info will never be able to take away my beliefs.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Go to the 9/11 forum. I'm sure they are there. It's not that far out there really. Look at what Obama did with the internet. It's becoming an excellent tool spread what they want. I'm not talking about people that are paid to moniter and post on ATS. But people that have assigned forums, ATS being one of them.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
In answer to 2 questions -

First - NO I have never posted on the job or on someone elses time of paying me! - Never been paid to post or got paid while posting.

Second here is one thread, with proof of paid agents from a chart - but I will find more -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

there is a link in the OP to the chart here: freespeech.vo.llnwd.net...

I know somewhere I inserted a direct article from a military site about paid disinfo agents online. I can't find it. I will keep looking.

[edit on 26-4-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I don't think it matters if there are disinfo agents on ATS or not. We stand or fall on the basis and quality of our posts. How can a disinfo agent detract from that? I've been accused of being one several times and interpret it as a pejorative for people with rational opinions. It seems there's a strong correlation between use of 'disinfo agent' and outlandish claims on ATS. The heaviest users of the term are the ones that make the most unsupported claims.

Some members claim that the world is run by a covert military elite with the support of aliens towards the goal of depopulation and a NWO. Sanctioned underground alien bases, chemtrails, mind control and Hollywood as a news agency?!

When someone offers a more plausible alternative they stand to be dismissed as 'disinfo agents.' Frankly, it's ridiculous at times.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join