It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hollow earth? interesting links

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
related to ed halley's idea of multiple internal concentric spheres[referred to elsewhere on site]- the variation in the relative rotational rates and differing composition of the layers could account for the measured magnetic field. (maybe? i assume he did that math, but mine is broken so i dont know where to start)

maybe not a sun but a big iron ball? high pressure plasma for the interior atmoshphere? (is the atmosphere shared? pressure levels?)

awfully complicated geology. but we know really nothing directly about the formation of the planet aside from the remnant chemistry. alot of stuff happens in ~12 billion years. the ballistics of planet formation as we have them are purely theoretical..no?(vs. event based)

how would a hollow earth "be" constructed?

maybe like the fjords?

[Edited on 2-5-2004 by rpttr]

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
the theory is REALLY cool, but slightly flawed.

How do you explain geothermal energy?

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I still read into this theory because this has to be one of the most interesting i have ever looked into. i wll be adding more to this thread when i get more info on the topic.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Hollow Earth Theories over the years- an overview.

The following is a brief overview of Hollow Earth (HE) theories. It's something of a hobby of mine to find books and articles on HE. There are MANY books and articles (both fiction & non) on HE that I would like to get. If you know of any, let me know. Several of the ones I mention here I have not seen (but would like to get copies).

SF & Hollow Earth- there is a thread were it seems that Hollow Earth theories will influence SF stories and vice versa. Also, there are some SF Hollow Earth books that claim to be non-fiction. Because of this, I will mention some important ones.

Inverted Earth- there is another `Hollow Earth' theory that I do not cover here: the idea that WE live on the interior of a Hollow Earth. This idea was put forth by a Cyrus Reed Teed as part of his Koreshanity religion and by German believers in this during WWII. I do not consider this idea as `Hollow Earth' but as `Inverted Earth' and cover this in another file.

Caves in the Earth- yet another HE varient idea is that of HUGE caves in the Earth containing whole civilizations. This, too, I don't consider HE, and so will not cover it.
Early Believers:

Edmund Halley in 1692 (_Philosophical Transactions_ of Royal Society) puts forth idea of Earth being hollow with 2 hollow shells and a solid sphere nested inside. This was done to explain anomalous magnetic compass readings. Said atmosphere inside was luminous (and possibly inhabited) and escaping gas the cause of Aurora Borealis.

Leonard Euler got rid of mulitple shells and had an interior sun - to provide light to advanced inner-earth civilization.

Sir John Leslie would place 2 suns in hollow earth- named Pluto & Proserpine.

These ideas (apparently Halleys') influenced Cottom Mather, who placed the ideas in ch 24 (on Magnetism) of his book _Christian Philosopher_.

Also, Leslie was inspiration for Verne's _Voyage to the Center of the Earth_.

www.fiu.edu...

Illustration from the October 1882 issue of Harper's New Monthly Magazine, showing the appearance of Symmes' Hole near the North Pole.

One can never be sure just how serious they are about it, but there does exist a group of people who call themselves the "Flat-Earth Society" (remember the news item about the old gentleman who was invited to Cape Kennedy to watch an Apollo moon launch, but came away convinced that it was all a hoax?). There is another group, equally vocal, who believe that the earth is hollow. Several years ago, a group of "believers" informed a member of the Geophysical Institute staff that there was an opening to the center of the earth in the Alaska Range, and that this was an entry and exit point for flying saucers.

Modern-day proponents of the hollow earth theory can refer nonbelievers to the book The Hollow Earth (Bell Publishing Company, 1979) by Raymond Bernard. Bernard, judging from the initials he lists behind his name, holds just about every advanced academic degree, but is apparently somewhat of a recluse. As a spokesman for the publisher states in a foreword to the book, "I will not enter into any correspondence regarding this book--or the author. Whether you accept or reject the content of this book is your privilege. No one cares."

[ur]http://www.gi.alaska.edu/ScienceForum/ASF7/718.html[/url]

The Aryan invasion theory has been a basis and justification of Western interpretation upon the civilization and history of India. Although many Indologists within India have been influenced by such thought, the theory has not met majority acceptance within India and is even coming under attack in the West. David Frawley, one Sanskrit scholar recognized both inside as well as outside of India has assessed the current situation of the Aryan invasion theory thusly:

“ One of the main ideas used to interpret - and generally devalue - the ancient history of India is the theory of the Aryan invasion. According to this account, India was invaded and conquered by nomadic light-skinned Indo-European tribes from Central Asia around 1500-100 BC, who overthrew an earlier and more advanced dark-skinned Dravidian civilization from which they took most of what later became Hindu culture ... This idea- totally foreign to the history of India, whether North or South, has become an almost unquestioned truth in the interpretation of ancient history today. Today, after nearly all the reasons for its supposed validity have been refuted, even major Western scholars are at last beginning to call it into question.” ( David Frawley, “ The Myth of the Aryan Invasion” )

www.holloworbs.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
No, the Earth isn't hollow. If it was, you couldn't trace earthquake waves through the planet (they reflect off the different layers, including layers that aren't present in any of the very imaginative "hollow earth" pictures.

There's also the problem that if it was hollow, you can't explain volcanos or why the ocean isn't all sucked inside the Earth or why the temperature gets hotter and hotter the farther inside you go. And it also doesn't explain why we have "1 g" of gravity. If the Earth is hollow, you're missing about 3/4 of its mass and you'd have to have a layer of neutron star stuff (which is silly and would poison you with radiation) just to make the gravity come out to be 1g.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
There is really only one way to finally prove or disprove this and thats by going inside the earth to see if there is anything inside. A team needs to enter and try and find these cities that are believed to be within side the Earth.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Great topic with cool links. I am sure one of the scientific debunkers will be along shortly to rain on this parade though. For all the implausibility this theory appeals to me. Everything I have learned tells me that it should not and could not be true, yet I keep thinking about it and being haunted by it. If there truly are advanced beings residing inside our planet, then it is time for them to come on out and give us a hand.

You guys are rediculous .... really ... I mean if there is an inside to our earths atmosphere what other way to protect it from being warred on and poluted, other than keep all of us the hell out !!!! Think about this you find out everyone is going to die in the next say 200years because of the ozone layer you preach on it and preach on it. Noone is doing anything different so you find out that there is an inside to this earth. The only way to save what little earth that we have found is to not let any of us INTO it. As well as sending off people to distant planets to do some discovery. I actually used to live in Clear Lake, Texas .... If everyone is not familiar that is where NASA is at .... ..... Blah Blah Blah .. I have heard some stories ... maybe they have some truth to them.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I was under the impression that with satellite mapping and a fair few expiditions to both poles that the idea of a hollow earth with holes at the top and bottom had been disproved due to their conspicuous absence.

Also in the diagramme posted saying 'gravity layer' where does the gravity come from?

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I personally don't believe the earth isn't hollow, but I definately believe it's possible that giant underground cities/caverns could be litered through earth. I remember reading something about a giant golf club/underground bunker deep below the earth that would house the men of power in case of nuclear war. Besides, what really is that huge city in petra, jordan for? That very well could have been an underground city aswell.

[edit on 1-4-2005 by malakiem]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Just for the record, I actually believe the earth is hollow. The only reason I believe this is because it fits in with Karl Friedrich Krafft's theory of the geometric shape of the atom; one which I fundamentally believe in. Before I read about the hollow earth theory, I had often thought that the planets must have the shape of a squashed doughnut and that the suface of the earth was nothing more than its magnetic (ether field) field. I only though this because of Krafft.

You say that the earth has 1g. Well, yes, but they think the density of the earth is such and such and therefore 1g equals that density, but what if 1g equalled a much less density because they didnt't know the earth was hollow.

Why don't the oceans get sucked in?
Well, why don't we fly off the earth since it is spinning so fast. People at the equator must have a hard time holding on. Don't move to Kenya, you'll be sucked into outerspace. Jokes aside, it would the manetic field that holds our oceans in place as it would the inner earth's.

Anyway, we will never know (the government would never tell us if it were true), so it's a nice theory to ponder anyway and nothing more.

Labasta

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Being an academic of geology, there is proof that the outer core is solid due to the presence of iron in certain ultramafic rocks. The production of magma and the temperatures it reaches at the surface lends furthur evidence that the Earth is solid. Astronomers have determined the mass of the Earth by examining the gravitational effects that the other planets have upon it.

Now, I do believe that there are major entrances into a network of tunnel within the earth and that there may be advanced civilizations residing within. I am merely trying to illustrate that the possibility of a hollow earth is highly unlikely.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Some of the things stated were stupid. Like why don't the oceans get sucked in. The holes are supposedly beyond the polar ice capes for one and the elevation of land may be higher near the ice caps as well. The earthquake thing is theory and flawed. If the Earth was hollow earthquakes would be just as intense because, just as in the case with the moon and Apollo 14, there would be a resonation throughout the planet. People get the degree then scientifically criticize.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
You guys are either closet comedians or are my next customers on my "Futurific Flight into the Earth in a ship built entirely of Unobtanium!" Only $10,000.00 a ticket, step right up... we're accepting prebookings right now!

Know what's at the north pole? A *layer* of thick ice. Know what's under the layer of ice? About 2700 feet of salt water. Know what is in that water? About 30 frikkin nuclear submarines from the USA and CSE (and a couple desil-electric ones from the Royal Canadian Navy -- when they aren't catching on fire, of course...).

Wow. Wow. And wow once again.

Make some pretty pictures, spout some nonsense and back it up with "science" from 250 years ago and what do you have? A hollow earth and a bunch of people willing to buy tickets on my unobtanium futurific plane. That's what you have...

How many planes fly over the North Pole each day? Well, besides scienfitic flights now and then there are oh... TWO COMMERCIAL AIRLINERS! How many of these have either fallen into the hole or reported the hole to the news media, (I bet National Enquirer would pay a ton!). Zero.

I am dumber for having read this thread. I demand a refund of my time!

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I believe in having an open mind. I have been reading about hollow earth for years and whilst I do not believe there is huge cavern in the centre of the earth (for all of the reasons that some many of you have tabled) I do believe there could be intelligent beings living under ground which would support a level of hollow earth..

There is any number of reported UFO sightings that would appear to support this theory.

For what it is worth, many scientific ‘truths’ have proven to be flawed. Lets face it we are not told the truth anyway.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
And they said the earth was flat.

Who knows?

I think I will do my own study as well.!

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Even if this is not true, its still an interesting subject. Maybe the earth is not hollow, but its possible that there are underground cities beneath the Earth we work on, maybe even these Ayrans races that one talks about. Who knows.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 05:23 AM
link   
As people have said, the north pole is a floating ice cap. If there was a hole there and the earth hollow, it would be flooded. Simple as.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nairod
As people have said, the north pole is a floating ice cap. If there was a hole there and the earth hollow, it would be flooded. Simple as.

I dont believe that there is a hole in the poles to enter the hollow Earth, but i still think its possible for there to be cities within the Earth, it is possible if you think about. Our race has even built underground cities in the past

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Awesome. This will help finish off the idea behind my screenplay. Thanks for the links and discussion people.

What if one day, this advanced race under our earth comes to pay us a visit? Think beast of the seas and beast of the earth, Revelations...

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I dont know if its allready been said here but this whole theory/conspiracy, right down to the advanced civilization with flying saucers and time travel. They are the originial human species more highly evolved than we are they went underground for environmental reasons and we(still very much ape-like) stayed above. And they still exist there today. Abduction By:Robin Cook copyright 2000

I went and got it off the bookshelf to make sure

P.S. just in case you did not know it Fiction

[edit on 15-4-2005 by Rren]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join