It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hollow earth? interesting links

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Just thought I'd point you all to a similar discussion involving my take on the earth titled "What if the Sun was not Sperical".

I believe it is inverted.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
ok...possible dumb question here ... but if Earth was hollow ...wouldnt it colapse in itself ???

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir
ok...possible dumb question here ... but if Earth was hollow ...wouldnt it colapse in itself ???

no. it's pressurized, similar to a balloon where the greatest density of air pressure is at the inner edge, not the center; in an inverted world, where gravity does not exist.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Okay, i have another dumb question, what do you mean by an inverted shaped sun????

By the way, that hole in the satelite pics., i dont believe its a hole in the earth its a hole in the earths weather system. Possibly an effect of the ozone hole, but ozone isnt really visible, so you cant just see the hole thru a satelite photo. Correct me if im wrong...
And if there really were a hole that SIZE in the earth, it would be Wayyyy old news...People would actually be sailing there ships off of the North pole into the abyss.
So...hollow earth possibility, yes, a hole in the earth that size....NO

EDIT: Ignore the Inverted question, never mind, just um, pretend i never asked that, lol.

-Amadeus

[edit on 20-4-2005 by Vesuvius 13]

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plumbo

Originally posted by BaastetNoir

no. it's pressurized, similar to a balloon where the greatest density of air pressure is at the inner edge, not the center; in an inverted world, where gravity does not exist.

wow... thats waaaayyyyyy over my head...ill have to read that about 10 times till i get what it means, but still thanx for answering

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   
The hole in the pics of the earth stems from the fact that the sattellite taking the pictures was building up a series of images of the earth below a certain latitude, only photographing the necessary bits.

No hole, no cover up, no nothing but molten rock and metal.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Heres an interesting lnk on the Hollow Earth myths, legends, and theories....check it out!

www.crystalinks.com...
-Dani

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
i find this topic fascinating.
there is alot of speculation though, people getting exited and going to far.
what i do know is that there is a belief among many human cultures of reptilian like humans, common in south/central america, north africa and in asia. some native indian culutres believed that human origins were underground.

i dont know about the north pole hole theory. surely that is debunked. old stories about green vegetation etc. and a 1000 mile hole. satallitte images have surely shown that to be wrong.

however that does not mean that there are not entrances to undergound caverns and tunnels at the poles. there are lots of claimed entrances all over the world to vast caverns and tunnels that seemingly go on forever.
personally find it all very interesting. but i dont like all the wild assumptions and speculation that always seems to follow these stories.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Debunked

Theres been a bunch of threads on this. And they all get debunked.

Its a cool idea and im all gunho for exploring a new continent....but its just not gonna happen.

How can the inner earth be pressurized if there are huge holes at the poles? Like a baloon if theres a hole theres no pressure.

You get down to a depth of nine miles and all the gases that deep are toxic and under immense pressure. Our deepest mines go down 9 miles by the way.

Weve scanned the earth with sonar and other types of sound waves to find out whats down there...unless all of thats a hoax.

What about pictures of the south pole and the research stations there? All hoaxes?

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I wrote my submission for Ancient Civilizations Short Story Contest about Hollow Earth:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 03:54 AM
link   
As i keep saying, there MAY, i use that world lightly, city underground but im not sure about a hollow earth with two holes at each pole, i cannot really see that being.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Okay this topic of hollow earth is really striking a nerve with me. If the world is hollow:

Plate tectonics would be impossible. Where would those massive amounts of rock and magma go at sublimation zones?

The Earth is round! Not flat, and definately not a bowl shape.

Also, the nature of things in space is that if they have sufficient mass they will form spheres. It's a know and proven fact.

If Earth is like this, are all planets and moons like this?

If they are bowl shaped, why do we always see objects as complete spheres? Do they always point to us? Ever see a half of a sun, planet, moon, or star?

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   
In German, hollow earth is a code word for alot of things. Not necessarily that the earth is hollow, although there are those who believe it is, but a word covering many esoteric topics relating to the Reich period. There was until a few years ago a group of people who all corresponed and shared information of this sort called Die Innere Erde Gemeinschaft (Inner Earth Association). Actually, a great deal of false myths and rumors where set to rest by these people.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The following links have several aspects of the hollow Earth topic. The one I find most intresting is the input from Admiral Byrd (you might also want to look at the Operation Highjump link not really hollow Eath related but interesting). The great Shaver mystery I think can be chocked up to Amazing Stories.

www.crystalinks.com...

www.jermainerogers.com...

www.thule.org...

[edit on 30-5-2005 by DB Cooper]

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   
There is an expedition to the hollow earth in 2006. Very interesting indeed. But also costly as well. I can't wait to see pictures sent back.

www.expeditioncompany.net...

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by xenophanes85
That's interesting but just plain ridiculous. If the Earth were hollow, there would obviously be no core. No core = no magentic poles = no gravity. I DO believe however, that many of the cave systems found in the world might be connected. Not all with each other, but the Mammoth Cave system and others in the Southwest US.

I don't believe in the hollow earth theory, appealing as it is but doesn't gravity depend on Mass, not size? could a shell not have the same mass as a solid earth, depending on compostion?

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
opensecret1150 you couldn't be more right, gravity depends on mass! If earth is hollow we wouldn't have much of it would we? Every object that has mass has gravity, even you in tremendously small amounts. Earth needs to have lots of mass, and the mass it does have now co-insides the gravity it has. If there was a portion of the mass gone we would be floating in space right now. Do the math people or use your common sense.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Strangely enough...Hitler claims a super race came to him from the center of the earth.....
I have been thinking about this lately...... maybe not a sun but a controlled radioactive substance...

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I've seen a few comments on the "deepest" mine depths we have gone. I found this website:hypertextbook.com...

Looks like the deepest "mine" is only about 3.5 km, but we drilled to about 15km.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkis_my_hero
Strangely enough...Hitler claims a super race came to him from the center of the earth.....
I have been thinking about this lately...... maybe not a sun but a controlled radioactive substance...

is that true?
where did he say that?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join