It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hollow earth? interesting links

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Underground City is one thing.

Hollow Earth filled with an advanced race is another.

Surely we've drilled pretty deep during our hunt for oil?

You think they'd be getting annoyed with us poking holes in their little Inner Earth wouldn't you?

Also the images tend to show a "hole" over the poles because we don't map it for weather and we piece together the other ones. Why map out lands [for weather] where nobody lives?

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldEagle
opensecret1150 you couldn't be more right, gravity depends on mass! If earth is hollow we wouldn't have much of it would we? Every object that has mass has gravity, even you in tremendously small amounts. Earth needs to have lots of mass, and the mass it does have now co-insides the gravity it has. If there was a portion of the mass gone we would be floating in space right now. Do the math people or use your common sense.

Ummm.. Im not saying your wrong but can I just put in a possible explanation for gravity being the same even if the earth is hollow. This is straight rambling off the top of my head so please don't flame me for it.

You say if the Earth was hollow we would have less mass and therefore less gravity. The problem with this is that you are taking factors of calculations of graviational effects as fact. The only reason we use the current gravity mass formulas is because they fit our observable nature around us. Now, if the earth is hollow, it in fact doesn't mean we would have less gravity, not so long as you change the gravity mass constant in any formuals to reflect this. This would throw out calculations for other observable bodies( ie the planets ) unles you factor in the case of them being hollow too. Then all you've done is changed the gravity mass contant ( not sure what this is called sorry if Im a bit vague ) and all the gravity can be the same still.

Does this make sense? Just airing possible thoughts here.

Another one. I read somewhere that a rapidly spinning plasma( eg in a cylinder/vortex formation - or perhaps swirling around a sphere? ) in fact produces a magnetic and/or gravitic effect. Sorry I don't have a link for this just one of those things I came across on the 'net. To do with propulsion techologies I think it was. Any way, in this hollow earth scheme in the picture posted at the start of the forum we see a plastic basalt layer sandwiched between the outside and inside of the earth. If this were swirling with enough force, could this perhaps produce the gravity necessary and also the magnetic field?

Anyway theres some ideas for you. Hollow Earth is an interesting idea in anycase.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I'm no expert or anything and I'm not sure if this was mentioned already or not but this is what I think. In order for a sun or star to be present doesn't the mass have to be a certain amount for nuclear fusion/fission to occur? The reason Jupiter is only a planet is because its mass isn't enough to start the process. If I'm not mistaken the smallest star that has been witnessed is about 3 times the size of jupiter. If the earth's hollow crust is only 400-800 miles thick that doesn't leave much room for a sun and a civilization. I don't doubt there is the possibility of an underground civilization, just the fact that there could be a sun underground.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   
So guys.. I just checked Google Earth, and sorry to disappoint you, but.. theres no holes at either of the poles

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DjXquizit
So guys.. I just checked Google Earth, and sorry to disappoint you, but.. theres no holes at either of the poles

Couldn't agree any more... This thread is one of the silliest I've ever read. I can think of 1001 reasons why the Earth isn't hollow. Many of them has been brought up during the thread (old thread as it is... Talk about raising the dead...
)

The supposed hole is at some stage shown as a round "entrance"... For one... why would there be a hole? Secondly, if it were a hole, it wouldn't be "round"... Go a step further. Imagine yourself jumping into the hole (falling of the edge of the earth as the ancients believed) ... Because of the strange gravitation (from the inside and the outside of the hole) you'll basically be left falling in and out of the hole for the rest of time... Or call it floating if you may. Actually that would be cool! A hole in the hollow earth would cause the whole thing to collapse. Not necessarily to the inside (because the gravitation is supposed to be equal) but because of other bodies in the sky... Look at what the ocean is doing because of the moon... The different gravitational forces (from the sun, moon, other planets, etc.) would cause the whole thing to collapse and be pulled apart - starting at the "hole" ... Come on guys... Interesting theory. But dare I say it... Impossible...

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
This is always a fascinating topic. I think you have to separate the concept of a network of interconnecting tunnels in the Earth's crust from folklores and mythologies of a completely hollow Earth with a central sun as a light/heat/energy source. The former is certainly possible and there's no reason to assume that there couldn't be pockets of civilizations inhabiting areas deep within the planet. The latter is almost certainly a scientific impossibility, however that does not mean it's a topic that isn't worthy of discussion or consideration. The idea of a central sun occurs in many cultures pan-globally, perhaps most notably in the philosophies and legends of groups like the Vril and Thule society. I'd have to do research that I don't have time for immediately, but IIRC the notion of a hollow earth society empowered by a black or anti sun at the center of the planet was a concept from a science fiction story and was appropriated by the secret societies that eventually became the Nazi party. Thule also is a reference to a lost or hidden civilization.

I think we would all do well to consider the symbolic connotations in legends of underground societies. The basic above/below concept is obvious. If one were living in ancient times, with nothing to gauge the shape or nature of the universe on except for a tradition of observation, it is understandable how they would conceive of the Earth as a flat disc and references to celestial movements would thus be associated to events occurring above the line of the horizon and below the line of the horizon, giving rise to numerous tales and legends of entities rising or falling. The sun at the center of the Earth in hollow earth theories could very well be a misapplication of language used to denote a celestial object that can be observed over time as descending below the line of the horizon.

In literature the topic has been visited many times and produced numerous great stories. Jules Verne of course, but also H.G. Wells, Arthur Conan Doyle, Edgar Allen Poe (in "The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym", Poe's longest and arguably most mysterious work) and H.P. Lovecraft ("At The Mountains of Madness" a short story that references the above-mentioned Poe novella).

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Hello all this is my first post. Not sure if I have much to add but one I wish to share.

What if those "Holes" others have found north or south is just that? Holes into giant caverns made of ice? The sun which has been reported may just be the sun we see now but the explorers have viewed it through ice?

120 Lakes and counting.
news.nationalgeographic.com...

Would life exist below ice sheets?
news.bbc.co.uk...
www.space.com...
english.pravda.ru...

Could it be possible or probable that over time, hundreds? Thousands or million of years could over time create large caverns that is self sufficient similar to bio domes? Yes.. We have bio domes in place now. But what of the cold temperatures?

Simple.. hot springs. Could it not be possible for ice domes to stay in place by some equal chemistry to allow the ice domes to both melt, from the hot springs and freeze on the outer shell? While at the same time have a large enough vent to allow excess escape into the atmosphere?

With enough light coming through the ice sheets would it be possible to sustain Photosynthesis? I believe it could.

www.nceas.ucsb.edu.../frames.html

So perhaps it’s not far fetched to see lakes and vegetation. Just perhaps blown out of proportion as to whether it goes right through the earth. ^^

[edit on 22-9-2005 by Wilbert]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Nice post Wilbert, an excellent way to introduce yourself to ATS.

I like your theory, it applies occams razor nicely and makes a great deal more sense that most others.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
Nice post Wilbert, an excellent way to introduce yourself to ATS.

I like your theory, it applies occams razor nicely and makes a great deal more sense that most others.

Thanks UJ

More to add regarding the Ice Dome therory.

Igloos...

www.newton.dep.anl.gov...

Even if the whole roof of the cavern is not incased in ice I believe that possibly the cavern ceiling which may be more rock then pure ice may be coated with ice. If this is so then would it not be possible for the sheet of ice to act as a conduit for the suns rays? Where by this would allow a larger portion of the cavern be lit by the suns rays which releases blue light. This will also, I'm sure, give the elussion that the ceiling looks like a blue sky.

2. Why are glaciers blue?

Because the red (long wavelengths) part of white light is absorbed by ice and the blue (short wavelengths) light is transmitted and scattered. The longer the path light travels in ice, the more blue it appears.
source;
ak.water.usgs.gov...

Why has this natural bio dome not been exploited. Look around you. Man is destroying an eco system thousands of times larger then some few hundred miles of a bio dome. I'm sure any tampering of man would off set the balance with ease. Which would then make it pretty useless as it would be destroyed.

No one owns the continent, but 44 countries are now party to the Antarctic Treaty. Dozens of countries send researchers and support workers, and many nations maintain permanently occupied stations.
Source;
www.jsonline.com...

No really who owns the North Pole? No Buddy!!! (wanna buy a bed? ^^)
members.tripod.com...

Maybe some are aware of these bio domes created by nature but are not telling the general populace due to contamination, I assure you, would occur.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
How the earth was formed with details as to what is in the earths core.

www.seismo.unr.edu...

Another educational site about the earth;
gpc.edu...&Space/GPS/earthinterior.html

The earth is not hollow as some may assume it is according to previous posts.

Hmmm...

“We may have to reconsider what we think is going in that hidden zone. It’s much more complex than we imagined.”
Source;
www.physorg.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Are there internal caverns throughout the globe. I believe they are be it formed from magna or some other method. Regardless they do exist. ^^

But to boast that these locations be it from these caverns or from the poles civilizations exist what makes you think they want to intergate into our civilization or wish to make contact with us if they are so advanced? O.o

Following gives you a glimpse of what these civilizations may incorporate into their civilization.

"... they must also find others who feel the same and form circles of friends who give one another confidence and support in living in a way that the majority find ridiculous, naive, stupid and simplistic. But in order to do that, one must already have enough self-confidence to follow one's intuition - a quality very much lacking in broad sections of the populace. Most people follow the trends and advertisements and become philosophical and ethical cripples."
Source;
www.rogerwendell.com...

If they do exist would it not be in their best interest to let us perish, if that is our fate from our own doing, and wait for another civilization to blossom from it's self decaying past who may be more in tune with their values and/or views?

[edit on 23-9-2005 by Wilbert]

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   

"It was like looking into a fantasy world," said Rolf B. Pedersen, who led the international expedition. "Life that can adapt to extreme conditions can have extreme characteristics."
Source;
www.sciencedaily.com...

Marine scientists on a maiden voyage to the remote area near the North Pole discovered at least nine submarine vents spewing sizzling fountains -- and portending the possible existence of exotic life -- along the Gakkel ridge, a barely budging mid-ocean mountain chain 3 miles below the Arctic icecap.
Source;
www.upi.com...

[edit on 23-9-2005 by Wilbert]

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
if the earth was hollow then wouldnt it be destroyed by now because of all the earthquakes
and wouldnt one giant earthquake split it in half
The people who thought of this should lay off of LOTR. Middle Earth

[edit on 24-9-2005 by gothica91]

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
there's a difference between Earth being hollow and caves that go who knows how deep...2 different things..with caves much more likely I definitely consider it a possibility

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I understand that a photo I posted is taking forever for some people to download. So I've added this link to take you to the same photo at NASA:

antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

In the meantime, I'm contacting the moniters and asking that the picture be pulled. This should save you a minute or two accessing this thread. BUT I'm pasting the text from that post here, to fully make my point:

Okay, here's a photo of the North Pole I just downloaded from NASA. Where's the hole?

Simple question...simple answer. Even at this altitude, you can't hide a 1,400 Mile-wide hole.

I confess, I was curious about that "dark spot" over on the far right...but looking at it closely, it appears to be a simple "Play on Light and Dark" caused by a cloud cover at sunset.

Of course, I could really keep this thread going by screaming, "That's it...THAT'S IT!!

[edit on 8-10-2005 by Toelint]

[edit on 8-10-2005 by Toelint]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Two of my threads have been closed. One because I posted a link about the exploration planed for next year to the North Pole. It was considered promotional?? They finally insisted that I come here, would not let me start a separate thread specific to the following. Whatever...........

Any way, Hey All,

This is a subject most appealing to me of all topics within these fringe type forums.
I have a lot to say in regards to government conspiracies and the lies that go along with them etc... For those of us that have broke away from the flocks of the sheople, I have much to say in regards to the illuminati and the New World Order, Population control, planetary shifts, just to mention a few of the topics of interest here. Again for those of us who have managed to find these truths, that we can only hope those left behind in their every day repetitious lives blind to these things going on right in front of them will someday see the same light.
This particular subject has the most special place among all of them for me personally.
I am going to skip over just exactly why for now, but will share with you that it results from a personal experience that is directly related to this subject.
For some I suppose this subject is of interest simply because it holds within it a story of fantasy that all of us deep down want to believe and or wish we could be a part of and touch.
After beginning my journey down into the depths that people like Richard Shavers Dero’s Ray Palmer, Churchwood and his ancient tracings of the Lemurians from their continent of MU to their migration of our western coast and on into New Mexico, Arizona, Mexico, and finally for me the Lemurians who finally settled in and around Mount Shasta. This particular part I will share with you on later posts.
Yes in fact there are many tunnels and subterranean locations that revolve around agreements made years ago between various governments and certain aliens (mostly the greys and reptilian type). Although this area of the “hollow earth” topic is of interest and one of which I completely believe, it is not for me the path I choose to investigate in regards to this awesome topic.
I hesitate to say with absolution that trips like the one taken by Admiral Byrd prove one way or the other about an actual “hollow earth.”
When I think about the fact that the crust and the mantel each are several hundred miles in depth. It leaves for me the possibility that either one or both could in fact accommodate any number of subterranean possibilities. Perhaps one even as large as suggested at the North Pole by Admiral Byrds diary. A sun within the depths of the planet? I do not believe so. Some sort of natural light. Most definitely.
I certainly would if could afford it, go on the great adventure planed next year to possibly put it to rest. But regardless of the outcome, the many journey’s available to any of us to any number of known caves and subterranean locations is endless. I believe
such journeys will one day prove the idea that we have many brothers and sisters within the depths of the earths crust. Yet I also believe the story will remain as many with the individual who managed to take the journey and return to tell of it like many others.
This planet has been here for billions of years. We are but a blink of the eye in regards to the history that this planet holds.
Shortly after I began my journey it became very apparent that there are a great number of historical accounts within various Indian cultures that specifically trace their ancestry to various subterranean entities and their locations all across the country.
When one reads these stories handed down through the generations as told by the most noble and trustworthy leaders of these tribes, one can hardly find it in themselves to doubt the words coming from such respectful, honest and honorable Chiefs.
So for me, my journey is not one of becoming entangled in the power struggles between the alien types and various governments originating from a greed motivated by obtaining promises of power without regard for we the people who reside on the surface .
I believe this will or all ready has backfired on them and we may soon pay the price for their greed as the promises are broke and the subterranean tunnels and cities become overrun by the more evil aliens.
My journey is one of research, adventure, and seeking out any possible sources that may put me at the entrances or possibly in touch with our ancient brothers and sisters like those of the Lemurians.
I seek their wisdom, our history, spirituality, peaceful technologies, medicinal, and hopefully some guidance to understanding how to be the best spiritual being I can be while on this planet living a human life.
For some all of this may sound like way too much fantasy. But if we all truly look within ourselves we may find that little spark of curiosity that was lit in the first place because there is actually already a connection somehow between ourselves and such a journey, that we are all seeking in an attempt to find out who we are and perhaps who and where we come from. It adds a little something for me as I go through my day. It is my journey. And as usual such a journey usually is more on a personal level, as are the rewards.
I am not an expert by any means. I do not hold all the information and answers. I truly would like to see this forum create a specific Subject Thread for this. I truly believe that it is a deserving subject. I believe it would draw a wide range of people who have specific interests in any number of related fields. Some of a few would include Cave dwellers and researchers, ancient cultural historians, various religious groups, alien and UFO groups, remote viewers, and possibly many others.
I have found a few forums specific to the hollow earth studies. And very impressed with the discussions going on within them.
I hope no matter your level of knowledge or interest is on the Hollow Earth subject at present, you will join me while we share information and educate each other along this interesting journey.

Going to start by tracing back as far as possible using information that to my knowledge best places possibly the origin of human kind in the first epoch of the Lemurian race as described by a channeled source called the Oahspe.
Like I said. This is for me the best source, but surely not the only one. This source works for me as a good historical take on the Lemurians. Since the purpose of this thread is for each of us to share each of our journeys as they work for us individually, this is how I wish to educate myself historically and work foreword tracing in this case the Lemurians and how they came to migrate within various subterranean areas upon this continent.
Before it is said and done perhaps any combination of possibilities from any number of other sources here, combined with this one, could paint the same, or a different idea regarding the origin of any given race and placing them within these subterranean locations. As we proceed we will eventually agree upon one or several civilizations that possibly inhabit various subterranean areas on the continent of America, as well as Mexico. Part of my journey will include research and shareing here the Maya/Lemurian connection.
Just to reiterate. Please jump in at any time and bring to discussion any thoughts historically regarding any civilization either earthly or otherwise that is important to you and your journey to include what ever you believe in. I think it is pretty cool to have some history or accounts however obtained as we may see later how important it is to know what type of characters we are dealing with before hopefully we "come a knockin" on their subterranean doors. Sound crazy? Well lets see just how far each of us are willing to take our journeys. For me it is the Lemurians, and I have every intention of one day gaining entrance. Perhaps for you it is kicking some grey and or reptilian ass before they get a shot at us surface folks. Whatever…….

Will pick up tomorrow and start with time line and pick up the trail of my Lemurian brother and sisters migration that will begin “The Journey To Our Hollow Earth!!”

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Map showing locality of Pan the Continent of MU, Guatama ( America )

The Oahspe is a very complex writing. It is not my intention to get deep into any religion. If your interested in learning more on your own then here is a link referencing what is posted below. Oahspe Text

To get to involved with the Oahspe’s concept of creation will distract from where I would like to take this.

So in a nut shell.

24,000 years ago God determined that the lemurians had let their original spiritual growth turn into greed, self destructive behavior, and materialism. The following is the Oahspe’s interpretation of the great flood of the Continent of Lemuria ( James Churchwoods MU ) and how the surviving Lemurians were sent out over the Earth..

And the earth rocked to and fro, as a ship at sea; and the rains fell in torrents; and loud thunderings came up from beneath the floor of the world. And the sea came up on the land; first upon the valleys and then upon the mountains; so that the ships floated on the waters.
43. But the land was swallowed up, valleys and mountains, and all the living perished, save the I'hins, who floated off in the ships.
44. And the Lord said: I numbered them that were saved, and there were twelve thousand four hundred and twenty; and these were all that remained of the first race of man that walked on two feet.
45. Behold, I will carry them to all the divisions of the earth, and people it anew with the seed of my chosen.

More here

So from here I would like to start with fleet named Guatama that were carried eastward to Guatama ( America ).

I would like to start with James Churchwoods, and others who's writings trace this civilizations coming to Guatama ( America ) and follow the idea of these Lemurians being the ancient ancestors to various Indian Tribes. Then get into stories about these same ancient Indians finding refuge within several subterranean locations. The one of most interest to me, the Mount Shasta area.

[edit on 13-10-2005 by parrhesia]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   

The Inca Stones of Inca shows detailed maps of the lost continent of Lemuria

Lemurians had pliable, jelly-like bodies and slowly developed physical forms. [Movement from higher to lower frequency - above the physical into solid matter].

The Oahspe speaks of the votexia (vortex) movement related to creation of all things.

The first Lemurian subraces allegedly were apelike, egg-laying hermaphrodites who communicated by mental telepathy through third eye.

More Here

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Does the discovery of the Hobbit of Flores - in October 2004 - two months before the tsunami and earthquakes - in any way link to Lemuria?

There are various dates for the Lemurian timeline - some placing it millions of years ago - while others define the Lemurian era as roughly 75,000 to 20,000 B.C. - prior to Atlantis. Others speculate that Atlantis and Lemuria co-existed for thousands of years.

Source

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Channeler - Edgar Cayce

The Cayce readings refer to a lost continent in the Pacific by several names, but most often it is called Lemuria. Other names are Mu, Zu, and possibly Oz. Some of these may refer to provinces of the continent, or to portions left after a major break-up of the land. Lemuria sank into the sea. Some of the land area changed to what is now a portion of the Rocky Mountains - Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada and Utah. There was an entity among the Lemurian princesses who established the teachings of the Law of One which taught about brought destructive forces in Lemuria before it fell due to separation of love to the gratifying of selfish motives.

The Rosicrucians

The Rosicrucians of San Jose, California - a disastrous cycle began with volcanic eruptions, earthquakes, and the collapse of subterranean gas belts. Magnetic waves moved around the globe, and Lemuria began to go under. Fortunately, there was time enough for small groups to salvage part of Lemuria's precious wisdom, which was stored in crystals. Some colonists reached India and from there Mesopotamia and Egypt - while others migrated eastward on crude rafts to the Americas, forming the racial core of the earliest Indian tribes. California was home to history's oldest people: pure Lemurians who later became the California Indians. That could explain why some America's oldest human artifacts were found on Santa Rosa Island off Santa Barbara, dating around 25,000 B.C.

Hopi Legend - On the bottom of the seas lie all the proud cities, the flying patuwvotas [shields] and the worldly treasures corrupted with evil. Faced with disaster, some people hid inside the earth while others escaped by crossing the ocean on reed rafts, using the islands as stepping-stones.

many generations in the Arizona area's.

Popol Vuh

The same story of escape to dry land appears in the Popol Vuh - the Mayan story of creation.

MORE

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join