It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 442
<< 439  440  441    443  444  445 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

Have your reps been doing what our MPs have been doing over here in the
U.K.

On topic.

The $1billion allocated for the flu vaccines would still be wouldn't it?
A bit of a waste considering the growing view of people not wanting to
get vaccinated?
Yes I know,many will still blindly do so.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by justme1640

Cause of death...my father had complications from a ruptured appendix. One of conditions stated on his death cert. is...dyslexia??? It really teed me off that my mom didn't challenge. So yeah, I'm taking the underlying conditions with a grain of salt.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Here's a very good Twitter link to follow if you don't have it

He seems to be following it pretty closely

And yes...I'm giving up a good source of intel

peterosbornuk
twitter.com...

[edit on 5/23/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by winotka
reply to post by justme1640

Cause of death...my father had complications from a ruptured appendix. One of conditions stated on his death cert. is...dyslexia??? It really teed me off that my mom didn't challenge. So yeah, I'm taking the underlying conditions with a grain of salt.

The only way I ever figured my dyslexia could contribute to my death is if I didn't know to stop at a stop sign or read a possibility of drug overdose on some med I was taking lol - I never knew it was related to my appendix

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
NY Hospitals Flooded with Flu Patients and Afraid People
At the Hospital, the Faces of Fear and Swine Flu
Published: May 21, 2009

The doctors try to suppress their cynicism and understand the fear, knowing that in most cases, they will not even bother to test for flu. The ritual of putting on masks, checking patients, then sending them home with kind words and an admonition to stay in bed and drink plenty of fluids is almost like a game of charades.

“The doctor said to me, ‘I could look in your eyes and tell who’s really sick,’ ” said Esperanza Straughter, as she led her strapping 13-year-old son, Tyrell, out of the emergency room after his visit.

Ms. Straughter, who carried a thermometer in her handbag, said she had retorted, “I’m glad you can, because I can’t.”

The last reading on the thermometer had said 102, and her son had awakened coughing and nauseated. Still, she said, she had to accept the doctor’s verdict.

So the new test is to look into the eyes of the patient and determine if they have the swine flu. Do the eyes turn pink or something?

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I just wanted to point out the last paragraph in yesterdays Birmingham Mail (UK):

Tamiflu has been given to all people who have had close contact with the child and as precautionary measure the drugs will be given to all children with flu-like symptoms.

Source

It just seems they can't shift Tamiflu fast enough and are dishing it out to anyone who has had 'contact', considering its shelf life is about to expire, i am suspicious of the geopolitics being played with peoples lives.

This precautionary measure seems to be much more prevalent in the UK.

I see Tamiflu as a reboot on your computer; it purges the body of virus' but weakens your immune system for later infections.

I'll just stick to my orange juice thanks!

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Yet another indication of community level spread in non-N American Country

MYSTERY surrounds how three Melbourne schoolboys have contracted swine flu without travelling overseas or coming into contact with any of the known victims.

Health authorities have been unable to draw any links between the boys, from three different schools, and other infected people.

The development has raised fears that there are unknown carriers of the potentially fatal virus at large and an epidemic has become a stronger possibility.

Obviously the boys were infected by an airborne or deposited virus from a local carrier. If the WHO actually followed their own guidelines this would be a level 6 trigger incident but we've already had several of them (several meaning hundreds) with no action on the part of the WHO.

Of course, people have noticed and have been asking some questions so the WHO has said they will "re-write the pandemic guidelines for next year". You can look forward to a set of guidelines which are aimed solely at allowing the WHO to continue avoiding level 6 but making it easier to dodge the questions.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety
I just wanted to point out the last paragraph in yesterdays Birmingham Mail (UK):

Tamiflu has been given to all people who have had close contact with the child and as precautionary measure the drugs will be given to all children with flu-like symptoms.

Source

It just seems they can't shift Tamiflu fast enough and are dishing it out to anyone who has had 'contact', considering its shelf life is about to expire, i am suspicious of the geopolitics being played with peoples lives.

This precautionary measure seems to be much more prevalent in the UK.

I see Tamiflu as a reboot on your computer; it purges the body of virus' but weakens your immune system for later infections.

I'll just stick to my orange juice thanks!

The medical sources I've been talking to have credited Tamiflu with preventing a large number of deaths from this virus. Like it or not the virus does have the genetic sensitivity to Tamiflu, at least so far.

The real problem is they have stopped giving it to victims just as they've stopped testing anyone who isn't being admitted into the hospital or has one of the magic "underlying conditions" (which is a bit of a loose rule apparently as we've had direct reports of children with asthma not being tested and it's the number one underlying cause of deaths according to the CDC reports).

I'll agree that a suspicious number of politicians have stock or business interests in Tamiflu producing companies but the fact is the US did not stockpile nearly enough of the drug when it was cheap and available. It's being rationed now, just like the tests because there isn't enough to go around.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

Does this mean you are taking me off your foe list???

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
[url=http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/22/nyregion/22er.html?_r=2&ref=nyregion]NY

The last reading on the thermometer had said 102, and her son had awakened coughing and nauseated. Still, she said, she had to accept the doctor’s verdict.

So the new test is to look into the eyes of the patient and determine if they have the swine flu. Do the eyes turn pink or something?

sorry that is in two quotes - for some reason it wouldn't format them together so I made it two ....

and a temp of 102 doesn't mean her son is sick -- I don't even care if he just has the regular plain old flu - being dismissed like that is not acceptable - at least validate that the kid is sick.

Pus isn't it a weird time of year to have this number of regular flu and to this severity too?

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Both of my daughters are sick now. Neither one have any of the "underlying conditions" so I'm at a loss what to do. They won't be tested unless they're critical and they won't be given Tamiflu. I don't know if my research partner will prescribe it for children and I'm not allowed to write Rx for myself or my own family.

Same symptoms we've seen over and over - body aches, sick stomach, anxiety and sub normal body temp.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

ECDC are reporting 166 new cases in Mexico

I took this off of Hx3 link........

I am not sure what parts of Mexico these cases are being reported from..........but I don't think the ripple effect is over in Mexico......

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Here's more info on the Australian pandemic levels, recently raised to the "CONTAIN" phase...

AUSTRALIAN PANDEMIC PHASES
ALERT PHASE (OS 3) - Being alert to the risk of a pandemic and preparing for a pandemic.
DELAY PHASE (OS 4-6) - Once the pandemic virus emerges overseas, keeping the virus out of Australia.
CONTAIN PHASE (OS 6) - Once the pandemic virus does arrive in Australia, limiting the early spread.
SUSTAIN PHASE (OS 6) - Sustaining the response, while we wait for a pandemic vaccine.
CONTROL PHASE (OS 6) - Controlling the pandemic spread with a vaccine.
RECOVER PHASE (Post Peak) – Once the pandemic is under control, returning to normal, while remaining vigilant.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Source

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

The real problem is they have stopped giving it to victims just as they've stopped testing anyone who isn't being admitted into the hospital or has one of the magic "underlying conditions" (which is a bit of a loose rule apparently as we've had direct reports of children with asthma not being tested and it's the number one underlying cause of deaths according to the CDC reports).

I'll agree that a suspicious number of politicians have stock or business interests in Tamiflu producing companies but the fact is the US did not stockpile nearly enough of the drug when it was cheap and available. It's being rationed now, just like the tests because there isn't enough to go around.

That's my point Eco, a few weeks ago, the UK were gloating how well prepared we were (compared to other nations), so we can dish out reserves of Tamiflu to anyone one has the 'sniffles' or had contact with victims without themselves showing symptoms.

Before the media black-out, a news crew were outside a school and were filming parents in a car showing how they were given Tamiflu as a preventative.

I just thought it strange that the drug is to be used as a purge mechanism if you show symptoms in the first 48hours, as you are aware. Not as a 'preventative' to be taken by concerned parents, perhaps exacerbating later infections as your white blood cell count will have been compromised.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Im sure it was mentioned here in this thread before about TB..... Could that be the underlying health issues??? Had a quick surf today to try and find out which country vaccinated their kids routinely from TB but ran out of time to research!!! Could have something to do with the spread of h1n1 to some areas more than others.....mutation?? Tb/h1n1

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Both of my daughters are sick now. Neither one have any of the "underlying conditions" so I'm at a loss what to do. They won't be tested unless they're critical and they won't be given Tamiflu. I don't know if my research partner will prescribe it for children and I'm not allowed to write Rx for myself or my own family.

Same symptoms we've seen over and over - body aches, sick stomach, anxiety and sub normal body temp.

oh sorry your daughters are sick now - there is nothing worse than having your kids be sick and feeling powerless is there?

Good Luck getting something to help them -

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

SO sorry to hear this,please take xtra good care of them and I'm sending virtual veggie soup (feel it has more/better nutrients than chicken...) and hugs to you and yours today!!!
Get them into the bath and covered in Vicks too,LOL!

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Research teams have been dispatched to La Gloria since it's still credited as being the "official" ground zero site of the outbreak and some of the long time line patients who have already dealt with 1-2 months of illness have become ill once again. Remember, none of these initial patients were known to have the swine flu so they weren't treated with Tamiflu, they were treated for pneumonia which saved them from dying but not from continuing to come down with the swine flu over and over again, apparently.

Bad news for me as I myself am a long time line victim of the virus but even worse yet, some of the LTL patients from La Gloria have died after fighting the viral roller coaster for close to 3 months now.

The first recorded patients in La Gloria go back to the first week of February. Now we have found out there were patients in another small, rural village who were documented as ill starting the second week of February. No one is studying the cases in this other village to see if there is a connection to people from La Gloria. I'm trying to get verification on the name of the village in order to check the location on a map and see if it's nearby.

Most interesting is that once again the researchers have been refused access to the Smithfield Farms pork production farm which sits just outside La Gloria and is strongly accused by the locals of being the source of the infection. The Mexican health ministry has been front and center in the blockade against external investigation. (Internal investigation by Mexican authorities found the facility to be "clear of infection" but a bit of a scandal broke when government insiders went to the press with information that the internal investigation was not handled by anyone from the Ministry of Health but was instead performed by "Smithfield Farms" personnel).

On a personal note -
I'm still taking Tamiflu and still having good hours and bad hours. I'm taking colloidal silver and high doses of vitamin D as well as Ambi for my lungs and Albuterol inhalation for the bronchitis. I've started my daughters on colloidal silver as well, (I noticed after I began taking it some of my long term health issues began to clear up rapidly. I've had other researchers tell me there really is a curative property to it and it would seem from my own experience to be true). I'm looking for a ventilator right now to add to my home lab. Should Ebay fail me I'll be building one out of spare parts.

link   
I noticed that someone posted "The History of the Synthetic H1N1 flu virus" etc... a while back and I just read it fully..Now I am not agreeing with any conspiracy theorist but just saying I read this part.

What is different about A/H1N1 is that, unlike other new strains of viruses that rapidly mutate upon emerging and then slow down mutation and then stop entirely, the “novel” or incorrectly-named “swine flu” is showing no signs yet of slowing down its mutation rate and that, according to scientists who worry about A/H1N1 being synthetically-generated, does not happen in nature.

So the virus is continuing to mutate without slowing down? And that is not supposed to happen huh, I really don't like that it is in a way "defying nature". Anyways, wouldn't that make a new vaccine moot?

link   
reply to post by irishchic

Don't be too generous with the ole vicks vapor rub! I lathered one of me sons with it when he was 4year old...although he did have flu at the time it resulted in him having collapsed lung!

top topics

<< 439  440  441    443  444  445 >>

join