It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 343
<< 340  341  342    344  345  346 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Imalso going to post this, will show what families are going through, Now I have only seenthis report, if anyone has any more stories from families being caught up in this. Maybe post them here or do you all think I should start a new topic??

An we can have first hand accounts of what people are going through, since the Press or officials are not telling us?

A British family have told of their holiday hell after being held in quarantine by armed guards amid swine flu panic in Egypt.

Stewart H*******, (Name Withheld) his pregnant wife Sasha and their four young children claim they were "pinned down" at Sharm el Sheikh International Hospital while doctors forced them to give swabs

Family Hell

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

It might have to do with this?

Egyptian girl contracts BIRD FLU, 69th case
Sun May 10, 2009 4:12pm EDT
www.reuters.com...

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Why is the WHO saying there has been no deaths in Egypt when, Its says in this report: Some 26 Egyptians have died after contracting the virus. Kinda ridiculous, someone from egyptian health authority should point this out.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Yep...makes me wonder also...

Have to do some digging and put the pieces together ourselves or we'll never really see what they see....sad huh?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

These reports make me angry actually. I suppose the Authorities think we are all too freakin stupid to know what is actually going on. Absoluetly ridiculous, this makes me wonder why Human rights groups or anyother group has not come fourth and said something already.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
The WHO's statements over the last week have become increasingly more serious and negative. Maybe they have disovered something or know more about the virus now. It doesnt make sense to make these comments unless they are subconsiously trying to prepare people for something.

That's my feeling, too. If the chances of H1N1 bird flu mix were minimal they would't even mention this. I think that they know that this is inevitably going to happen and they're already preparing the population for the worsening of the situation.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

I'd start a new thread Laura. I'm a bit fed up of wading through people's symptoms and family stories on what's supposed to be a news and updates thread ! I did start a sympotms thread a few days ago mind you but most people seem to ignore it and write all about their illnesses here

By the way, is that you in your avatar or is is Christina Aguilera ?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

The Image is Christina Aguleria. Oks thank you will do so, see if anyone posts. Personal tesimonies of what they have went through. I suppose I could post my own picture here.. Will think about it

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Trust me. Most people are too stupid to know, and they don't want to know what's going on. Most people don't want to talk about Swine Flu.

They will only start talking about it when people start dropping dead around them.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk

this makes me wonder why Human rights groups or anyother group has not come fourth and said something already.

This is what my rant a few pages back about protests in London was about... how come we can get Brits to march about £££ related issues and get so angry they smash windows [which I do NOT condone] but we get some flustered groups rushing through our newspapers flapping their skirts about screaming "we're all gonna die!!!! Run for the hills!!" and then a week later they are all laid back on their imaginary post coitus beds smoking a spliff waving their hands whispering, "nothing to see... move along... go read about Boy Georges ginger beard luv!"

We DO have a right to information...... we aren't 'enough of us' yet to stand up and shout WTF is going on... let me know if I should cash in my Christmas hamper money now for goodness sake!

So.... London on Saturday anyone?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
reply to post by Laurauk

I'm a bit fed up of wading through people's symptoms and family stories on what's supposed to be a news and updates thread !.......................

By the way, is that you in your avatar or is is Christina Aguilera ?

Classic!!

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Cosmicpixie started one the other day...plus there is at least 2 more SOMEWHERE out there Hmmm

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk

Why is the WHO saying there has been no deaths in Egypt when, Its says in this report: Some 26 Egyptians have died after contracting the virus. Kinda ridiculous, someone from egyptian health authority should point this out.

That's H5N1 though.... I posted a few pages back that this is on a massive rise again there is a reports page on WHO here but it seems it is out of date... *surprise surprise eh?*

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Oh Dear, seems everyone would rather post thier personal accounts on here maybe the mods can group the peronal accounts into one thread. Would save having to read through all those pages.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

I've asked/wondered the same about a few topics, but, either it can't be done or won't be done...either way kind of sad to have 999 threads on the same subjects...If I was in charge I'd start 1 and post it one the side bars permanently...but...

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
From last nights WHO

From fairly early on after we analysed this situation, we decided that WHO would not recommend travel restrictions and did not recommend closure of borders because we felt that the extent of infection had progressed enough by the time the event was identified that this would not slow down the spread of infection.

Crazy reall isn't it? It's akin to Russian Roulette..... "Ahh don't worry you've probably all got it anyway now as we didn't cotton on early enough.. and if you ahen't got it you will soon enough so erm... carry on as you were and then we can say 'ooohh look you do indeed have 'it' !' and look all important and erm... stuff"

Dya think they are making their way through last Christmas booze backlog or WHAT? Hello?????????

In terms of the questions about laboratories, I cannot give you a precise figure, but I can say that over 100 laboratories in the world now have the capacity, the capability to test for this infection. I do not think it is possible for me to say how many laboratories should, I think as many laboratories as possible will be nice, but I can't give you a precise number there.

Oh yes please that would be NICE....

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Q: Is it a HIPAA violation to require employees to disclose whether they have swine flu, have symptoms of swine flu, or have been exposed to swine flu?

A: No. HIPAA does not apply to questions that an employer asks employees about their health. In the workplace, HIPAA applies only to individually identifiable health information created or received by, or on behalf of, the employer in its capacity as the administrator of a HIPAA-covered plan, such as self-insured group health, dental or vision plans; a health care reimbursement flexible spending account; or an employee assistance program. Put more succinctly, HIPAA applies only to individually identifiable health information created or received to administer a HIPAA-covered plan.

Q: Does any other law apply to an employer’s efforts to obtain information about whether an employee is, or maybe, infected with swine flu?

A: In certain circumstances described below, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) will apply.

Q: Can an employer require that employees with symptoms of swine flu be tested?

A: Yes. Under the ADA, an employer who reasonably believes, based on an individualized assessment, that an employee has symptoms of swine flu can require that the employee undergo medical testing to determine whether the employee, in fact, is infected. Before requiring testing, the employer should be familiar with the symptoms of swine flu and have sufficient information to confirm that the employee has those symptoms. Any required testing must be limited to a test for swine flu. In addition, the employer is required to pay any costs associated with the test. The employer must treat the test results as confidential.www

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
How odd that Russia et al and Africa have NO cases........ Good on them if they don't and long may it continue... but it just doesn't fit in with 'things' .....

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

They will do but they wont admit it for ages

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

In terms of the questions about laboratories, I cannot give you a precise figure, but I can say that over 100 laboratories in the world now have the capacity, the capability to test for this infection. I do not think it is possible for me to say how many laboratories should, I think as many laboratories as possible will be nice, but I can't give you a precise number there.

What? They don't know how many laboratories can do it? WHAT? There are not thousands of labs, only one hundred for the entire world.

They even can't say: we have 103 registered labs and 10 more in process...

How WHO, wich coordinates EVERYTHING, don't know the count of labs? oh my god... don't know what to say...

So a lab decides to test for swine flu and may or may not tell WHO that they are testing?

I don't think the number of lab is so much that they can't keep the list up to date...

Geez....

new topics

top topics

<< 340  341  342    344  345  346 >>

join