Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 341
<< 338  339  340    342  343  344 >>

join

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Hex, you need to buy a new calculator . . .

Swine flu spreading too fast to count, CDC says

Confirmed cases are only the ‘tip of the iceberg,’ health official says

www.msnbc.msn.com...

I guess the coffin industry will lead the nation (or the rest of it) out of the economic malaise.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

wouldn't you know it...and to think...I just got my Crony & Co keyboard

Mexican H1N1 flu spreads easily: study
Mon May 11, 2009 5:41pm EDT
www.reuters.com...

[edit on 5/11/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

CHAPTER 1: SWINE FLU ANOTHER MEDICALLY-MADE EPIDEMIC

"Take the profit out of the manufacture and administration of serums and vaccines and they would soon be condemned even by those who are now using them"—George Starr White M D
At the present writing, October 1976 a group of medical opportunists have taken upon themselves the dictatorial authority to declare the threat of a sweeping epidemic of SWINE FLU which they said was similar to or related to the 1918 epidemic of Spanish influenza which wiped out 20,000,000 people world-wide. This declaration was supposed to scare all the people into their vaccination centers to be shot full of experimental vaccine poisons, while they, the promoters, raked in the profits. During the big polio vaccine drive, a spokesman for Parke-Davis one of the five drug houses making the vaccine stated "Our company will clear over $10,000,000 on Salk vaccine in 1955." Before they were through they had fleeced the people of over $4 billion dollars on the Salk racket. (See the chapter on POLIO CAUSED BY VACCINATION)

A radio newscast (Jan. 77) reported that one of the paralyzed swine flu victims has filed a $5,000,000 suit against the vaccine promoters for causing his paralysis in December of 1976. His suit is against the instigators of the flu epidemic scare, who are Dr. David Sencer of CDC (Center for Disease Control) who spearheaded the vaccine campaign, and Dr. Theodore Cooper of WHO (World Health Organization), the Health Departments which promoted the shots and the six drug houses making the swine flu vaccine. (Why not Ford also and his Congress who financed it?) His complaint was that they had put out propaganda promising that the vaccine had been thoroughly tested and was perfectly safe, and that the swine flu was contagious and people could die if they didn’t get vaccinated, and that they would be protected if they had the shots, and that the side effects, if any were "inconsequential."

The five pharmaceutical houses making the Salk vaccine were called the Rockefeller chain then, and it is the same ones now making the swine flu vaccine, with a few exceptions. The vaccine promoters wanted to dodge all financial loss—the cost of the vaccine and the damage suits, so they could make clear profit, while the taxpayers were saddled with both the payment of the vaccine and the damages, also. I doubt that the crime syndicate could run a more crooked racket than this government sponsored and financed caper, with all the profits siphoned off into the pockets of the medical and drug concerns.

More; Actually, swine flu is not contagious at all. Like other diseases, it is a cleansing effort of the body to force out the accumulated poisons that have been injected or eaten, breathed or taken in, in some other way. Coughing, sneezing, sweating (fever), vomiting, diarrhea, rashes, eruptions, etc. are the manifestations of the unloading program and should not be interfered with by suppressive drugs or other medical meddling. Most drugless doctors say that most diseases heal normally if the patients stay at home in bed, in a quiet airy room with no food, no medicines, and no drinks except a little warm distilled water.

The whole articel here; www.whale.to...

What a load of crap the government is trying to heave on us!!! Come on, be real, no fear, screw them, Vitamin D!!!!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
ooppss...double post, sorry.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by phoenixs1]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I saw that announcement earlier today and it didn't surprise me at all. As I have issues like asthma, and allergies to many meds, I was being very very careful not to catch this. I am not working at the moment, live alone and wasn't going out much at all, but I went down to the Walmart early one morning, hoping to avoid the crowds, but there were 2 sick people in the store (just a few of us there)...a woman was coughing uncontrollably a couple aisles away from me, and I kept avoiding her aisle...I accidentally pulled into her aisle, saw her in front of me coughing up a storm, I panic, try to turn my cart around and get away from her asap, knock over a display in the process, and she runs over to help me pick it up!!!! 3 days later, I started getting sick.

It seems they are getting ready to declare a pandemic. Now that they are confirming it's hitting the young hard, and is very easily transmittable, this is getting quite scary. I sure hope people start taking it seriously.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Kiora,

I'm not sure if anyone else has recorded the WHO data here (or on another thread), so sorry in advance if the info is duplicated.

I have been keeping an excel spreadsheet of the WHO confirmed cases and deaths over the last 2 weeks, so incase anyone is interested:

WHO Data - ACTUAL
Date - Confirmed - Deaths - (Countries)

27/04 - 73 - 7 - (4)
28/04 - 105 - 7 - (7)
29/04 - 148 - 8 - (9)
30/04 - 257 - 8 - (11)
01/05 - 367 - 10 - (13)
02/05 - 658 - 17 - (16)
03/05 - 898 - 20 - (18)
04/05 - 1085 - 26 - (21)
05/05 - 1490 - 30 - (21)
06/05 - 1893 - 31 - (23)
07/05 - 2371 - 44 - (24)
08/05 - 2500 - 44 - (25)
09/05 - 3440 - 48 - (29)
10/05 - 4379 - 49 - (29)
11/05 - 4694 - 53 - (30)

I was interested in the average percentage gains of these "offical" numbers, so I worked it out to be:

An average 36.1% increase of confirmed cases each day
An average 16.9% increase of deaths each day

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This next bit was just me mucking around with my spreadsheet. Take the info as you wish, with a grain of salt...it is VERY SIMPLISTIC!! lol

If the above percentages remained static for the next 3 weeks (ie: end of May), the numbers would be:

SIMPLE Projection based on WHO Data percentages

12/05 - 6389 - 62
13/05 - 8695 - 72
14/05 - 11,834 - 85
15/05 - 16,106 - 99
16/05 - 21,920 - 116
17/05 - 29,833 - 135
18/05 - 40,602 - 158
19/05 - 55,260 - 185
20/05 - 75,208 - 216
21/05 - 102,359 - 253
22/05 - 139,310 - 295
23/05 - 189,601 - 345
24/05 - 258,047 - 404
25/05 - 351,202 - 472
26/05 - 477,986 - 551
27/05 - 650,539 - 645
28/05 - 885,383 - 754
29/05 - 1,205,006 - 881
30/05 - 1,640,014 - 1030
31/05 - 2,232,059 - 1204

And although the deaths don't look bad, I bet those numbers would in reality be a LOT higher once the medical facilities get overwhelmed with all the sick...

And of course, we KNOW that the 'official' WHO numbers arent the actual realistic numbers either, so what it will happen is anyones guess.

Anyways, I hate being just an (hourly!) lurker on this thread, and just wanted to try and contribute something.

Ant

[edit on 11/5/09 by antmar]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by antmar

Thank al lot for the numbers that is a good break down.

I dont think the people that just watch the MSM will take this serious at all for a long time. After as much as the MSM hyped for a few days and then dropped it.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by antmar

You are not! This is wonderful information! Please, keep up what you are doing and contributing!

Thanks,
FMF

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixs1

I saw that announcement earlier today and it didn't surprise me at all. As I have issues like asthma, and allergies to many meds, I was being very very careful not to catch this. I am not working at the moment, live alone and wasn't going out much at all, but I went down to the Walmart early one morning, hoping to avoid the crowds, but there were 2 sick people in the store (just a few of us there)...a woman was coughing uncontrollably a couple aisles away from me, and I kept avoiding her aisle...I accidentally pulled into her aisle, saw her in front of me coughing up a storm, I panic, try to turn my cart around and get away from her asap, knock over a display in the process, and she runs over to help me pick it up!!!! 3 days later, I started getting sick.

It seems they are getting ready to declare a pandemic. Now that they are confirming it's hitting the young hard, and is very easily transmittable, this is getting quite scary. I sure hope people start taking it seriously.

Geez, I'm reading your post and just shaking my head at the calamaty you went through! Hope you fare well!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Pandemic Influenza Risk Management Calculator

The human toll notwithstanding, the US Chamber of Commerce predicts a pandemic could cost our economy an estimated $160 - $675 billion in lost productivity and direct medical expenses.

How could a pandemic outbreak affect your company?
According to independent research, a flu pandemic has the potential to cause 30% or more of an employer’s workforce to miss work for up to 3 weeks—with an economic impact similar to a recession. During the quarter of the pandemic, a typical employer’s revenue can drop by 8% and profits by 16-17%. Even a moderate scenario would reduce a typical employer’s revenue by 2% and profit by 3-4%. www

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
This is like following a maze on the back of a cereal box-

www.dailymail.co.uk...

A poster managed to link this in the comments of an Alaskan website. It tells of a second suspected case on a cruise ship and gives people the impression that tamiflu cures the tj trips. It's bad enough when they think a food born illness is contagious, which is common now on cruises.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by winotka

When I first heard of "H1N1" and the possible mutations, I immediately wondered what would happen if H1N1 met up with the Norwalk virus on a cruise ship and rendered the entire ship sick and contagious... one of those crazy what if possibilities that makes me fear taking cruises.. but not too far off of reality it would seem.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by antmar

I've been looking all over for this sort of data. Thanks a million! Please don't stop posting these updates!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

I'm sorry. Your article doesn't make sense in the details. I actually agree with one part about some viruses being important to human health for "cleaning out" the system - or at least I think that we've adapted to have a use for them. However, I limit that to Noroviruses since our body doesn't develop immunity to them.

A detail that should make your spidey senses tingle - how do you think a person would survive well with vomiting, diarrhea, if they drink little and consume nothing else? Shouldn't that trigger you to realize that you'd become severely dehydrated? That a parent following that would have a good chance of having a dead child? How is it that this doesn't trigger an alert in your head that the person writing this either doesn't have a clue, or is actively promoting things that will kill you or a loved one?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

I rather like Hiney Flu cause it looks like H1N1 and they have made an A*se of it all..

Had to give you a star for that one! That is what my daughter calls it! lol!!

My fave is "winnie the flu"

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by switching yard

Hello Switching,

Thank you for posting this. I really like this one:

... threshold for going to Phase 6? ... community spread when you see cases and it's not clear where they are getting infected from ... if you can't trace it, and there's community spread, that is a Phase 6 type event...

This whole comment is asinine!! Especially the "if you can't trace it part." What?? They cannot even trace the starting point! One day they say Mexico, then U.S., then Canada, then around again. They already have community spread.

As far as accurate numbers, we will never know! I was told by my doctor on May 7th, " We are not testing anyone for H1N1 unless they have come in contact with a confirmed case of this new flu!! Excuse me? How will you know if someone has H1N1 if you are not testing?? CDC took that same approach telling me it was not necessary unless he had been to Mexico!
She changed her mind when I explained he worked in a hospital. Thank goodness, his doctor took it serious enough to get him in there.

On the 8th I heard on the news that they were not testing anyone unless they were in the hospital! Did it ever occur to them that maybe if people were aware they were highly contagious it would make them a little more cautious regarding infecting others i.e. slowing the rate at which it spread while also reducing the number of hospitalizations?

Since Thursday, no one has left our house and know one has come in. I feel
it was the responsible thing to do. I believe their failure to test people is two or maybe even three fold. One they want the numbers to stay down. Maybe to avoid panic. I don't know. Two, they don't have enough people to run all the thousands and thousands of specimens they would be getting from around the world. I mean come on, this is one disease what about all the hundreds of others. They may not have enough actual kits to do the tests. Or three they are just an unprepared, incompetent organization?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

I'll be happy to update the new WHO numbers daily... I find the numbers really facinating... although disturbing at the same time of course....

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I've been trying to figure out for myself why the scientists and bureaucrats at the CDC and WHO are downplaying the possible impact in the media yet giving much more dire predictions in private.

The primary reason? Because they can. It's just easier for them to speak without regard to the economic and social impact in an "unofficial" capacity. As bad as they might think this virus is it does not meet the parameters of the global doomsday pandemic they have been predicting is around the corner for years.

Sure, some of that doomsday prophecy is self serving in keeping the budgetary monster fed and growing but it's not a false prophecy by any means. History lends credibility even if those telling the fortune have none.

They stand to lose quite a bit if they over-state the case for this one. Credibility, budgets, human lives.... The politics of the scenario are running the show, of that I have absolutely no doubt.

We're in a race right now between the spread of the flu, the resources of the medical community and the research being performed into how this bug operates and how to combat the infection via treatment. Every aspect of the pathology is being examined, every reported symptom and the results of treatments used by those who have recovered. If we can get past the three week stage without seeing a flood of secondary pneumonia cases we may just have seen the worse of this one. As it spreads in other nations I expect the lethality will vary widely depending on the circulation of the secondary infective agent in each environment.

Preventative immunizations for pneumonia may be a reality in the target population within the next few weeks. Look for a medical recommendation to that effect in the media "if" they have a big enough supply of the vaccine stockpiled.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by antmar

A point to remember is that the combined amount of labs around the world processing test samples each day are only going to be able to get through a finite number of tests per day , so where you have jumps of tens of thousands overnight we are unlikely to see official figures rising so massively overnight as I just can't see the labs compiling tens of thousands of samples in one day ?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Thailand confirms first flu case

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva on Tuesday confirmed its first case of influenza 2009 in a patient who returned from an unnamed foreign country.

He told reporters that tests carried out by the Centres for Disease Control in the United States had confirmed the A(H1N1) virus in a sample sent from the patient.

However the patient has fully recovered and has returned home," the premier said.

top topics

<< 338  339  340    342  343  344 >>

join