It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the truth about religon

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
ok guys im new so bare with me i just want to share my thoughts on religon

just think about this . whether u like it or not u probally beileve in god no matter how hard you try to think diffrent you have been brainwashed through school and the media to beileve in god and jesus . religon is the most powerfull form of controll ever in human history we believe as are human standard beleif that there is a all powerfull entity that lives in heaven and he gave us 10 laws that we must not do (10 commandments) if we do any of them things we go to hell 9but he loves us). most humans are scared of death so they will most probally follow the rules set by the so called creater .WE ARE SLAVES TO RELIGON AND IN MY EYES THAT IS A FACT .the goverment controlls the media the schools ,war what makes you think religon is the only thing that is untouched.

in egyptian times there was a sun god called horus(light) and metophorically ever
morning would fight of set(dark) and at night set would send horus to the underground .horus was born of a virgin on dec 25 had 12 diciples died on cross for 3 days and ressurected

but i guess the devil put him there to deceive everybody.................

also there is over 30 or more of the same cases for example

dinoysis born a virgin dec 25(virgo) traveld round with 12 diciples(consellstions and months) died on cross for 3 days and ressurected

try to tell me the devil put that many stories there just to test people faith jesus is the most recent myth
ainceint civs called the sun the sun of god the savior of mankind does that sound similar

(jesus)(horus)(mithra)(krishna) sOn of god savior of mankind seems easy to miss translate

ok around 100 ad christianity was founded they created the story of jesus (the sun) and turned him into a actuall human so now we pay are adoration to jesus instead of the sun anyway the goverment can lay back while we are controlled by a invisible god witch DOES not exisit and if it wasnt pounded into are brain everyday it would actually sound quite ridicoulous

religon pretends to be your freind and counter to evil.for example if you are religous u live in the religous world were u fully beileve in the god if a war brakes out you wont worry and wont be scared to die(cus your a idiot) thinking your goin to heaven

does anybody no why were are slaves to religon because i no why but i just cant put it into words lol sorry im only 17

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by tdrowe2008

Hi, welcome to ATS.

I'm guessing you've just watched "Zeitgeist" and are bursting with questions.
A lot of the religious stuff in part one of Zeitgeist is just fabricated nonsense.

Not really sure what else to say.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
religon was created so we only focus on this planet and not other life forms even if we saw a alien it would still be hard to beileve we will never no the secret how life began cause to many people thinks it is god and in the future everybody will

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Did you just finish watching Zietgeist?

Try watching this one.

www.youtube.com...

Welcome to ATS, and remember. Your chances of living sane life have greatly increased now that you realize that religion is like a joke that most people don't get.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
yh ive watched the religon money and 911 1 bout 5 times now but ill watch that 1 now

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Congratulations......you are now questioning, and have hit the tip of the ice berg!

Consider a lot of research into what you now believe, and discover what is true for you, rather than just settling for something you just recently disovered.

It's a long journey, and not something instantaneous.

Good luck on your quest!

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I wonder if God will file your page in a file called "B" for Bunk, for his reference.

Do you believe in an after life or have the philosophy that you will eat like a deer, shi# like a deer and die like a deer. Basically like roadkill,,lights out?

We are only slaves to religion if we want to kill, steal, etc.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
ive been researching for about 2 years now and i live on same road as a jehova witness and i feel sorry for them cus they so gullible

but it annoys me cus they force there religon on you when i no its bull crap they use fear mongering words like the devil

if u dont do this then you wont live for ever
jesus wants you to do this
were in the last days
ur living in satans world

so annoying

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
and what makes us any diffrent to a deer we have most of the same dna
only diffrence is were smarter

do we get a after life just because were more advanced do we have a created after life lol

i just beileve u got to wait untill u die to no probally the same as not being alive at all but this time its for infinity

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

The real truth about religion

cheers Pockets

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Well a deer doesnt have a soul. I now feel bad about my previous comment. I didnt know he was only 17 looking for answers. I apologize to him.

I figured he'd been around a lot trying to start a holy war.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
how would u no that a deer does not have a soul

do you beleive in god
i just beileve in consousness

why do we need proof for aliens but none for religon

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I jumped the gun and didnt know your age and curiosity. Dont listen to the atheists.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Astrotheology, as discussed in Zeitgeist, raises some interesting points. However, I think the truth of the situation is far more complex than it was laid out. You can't completely disprove astrotheology, because it's possible to translate and interpret material differently. Also, many sources have been lost due to the destruction by the Church, so the argument will likely never reach a logical end.

As for the OP, I congratulate you for trying to keep an open mind and being receptive to new ideas. I used to be a hardcore atheist, from age 12 all the way till I was 20. I've always questioned reality and never let anyone else decide for me what I should believe.

But when I was 20, I had my first encounter with "UFOs". The ones I've seen are the orbs, not saucer-shaped craft. I continue to see them to this day (I'm now 26), and when I was 20 I even had one come up to within inches of my leg (that orb was about the size of a baseball).

The only reason I say all of this is because after those experiences, my perceptions completely changed. I was arrogant in my beliefs that anybody claiming to see things like that were crazy. But when you experience it yourself, your worldview is greatly shattered.

In other words, don't take your understanding of reality to be absolute. The truth is far stranger than we allow for. As for religion, I think it should be questioned because of all the problems it creates. I don't buy into the God vs. Satan scenario, but if I did, I would likely believe that organized religion is the creation of Satan, and that is the great deception. The god in the bible is far from perfect, and I don't understand why you would worship an imperfect being.

I'm totally going off on a tangent, but to summarize: continue to think for yourself, but don't become so jaded with the subject that you end up closing your mind to new possibilites. Try as hard as you might, but you'll never discover the ultimate truth. Therefore, don't judge others because you think you're right and they're wrong. Find what resonates with you and makes you happy, and seek a balance with those around you.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Wonderworld...it's going to be an ever increasingly difficult time trying to inspire a majority of the posters here that they are the ones that are the ones being fooled. They have bought into the lies of the enemy and are convinced that there is no God. It's a shame, but as I say, more and more will be this way.

They will go to their final day turning their back on their creator in blatant defiance. "Weeping and nashing of teeth"

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Well I don’t mean to alarm any pet owners but I don’t believe in doggy heaven but he may allow a few pets in.

A deer does not have a soul. It doesn’t not have a conscience to choose good or evil. We do.

I am a Christian and also believe in Aliens, but with a different view than most.

I don’t mean to preach but here’s a one liner that comes to mind about proof.

“Blessed are those who have not seen yet believe”

I have proof both do exist.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

Yes I agree, however odd this may sound. I have known atheists to become believer on their death bed. They get scared.

So I wonder if there are different levels of Heaven? A saint level, a lukewarm level, a confused agnotic level, and a believe at the last minute level.

Since I consider myself a semi-science wizz, especially in human anatomy I know that the heart and mind are only organs.

They are not capable of love, hate or any emotion. All these feeling come from 2 top dudes and are located in the soul. Know what I mean?

Also when a baby takes it's first breath their is something holy about it. The same with dying and taking the last breath.

Many have died and came back to life with identical stories of lights at the end of the tunnel. Some wont make it in to the light.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld

I jumped the gun and didnt know your age and curiosity. Dont listen to the atheists.

Yes you have jumped the gun. You assume that anybody who does not accept religion is an atheist. Typical reaction. Let me guess, we are all heretics and blasphemers destined to burn in hell and drink from the wrath of God aren't we?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld

Well a deer doesnt have a soul. I now feel bad about my previous comment. I didnt know he was only 17 looking for answers. I apologize to him.

I figured he'd been around a lot trying to start a holy war.

How do you know a deer doesn't have a soul? I find your comment quite offensive, actually.

Everything has a soul, or it wouldn't be! It might not be on the same level as your soul, but everything has a soul, and a reason for being!

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by tdrowe2008
ive been researching for about 2 years now and i live on same road as a jehova witness and i feel sorry for them cus they so gullible

but it annoys me cus they force there religon on you when i no its bull crap they use fear mongering words like the devil

if u dont do this then you wont live for ever
jesus wants you to do this
were in the last days
ur living in satans world

so annoying

Yes, I agree. It is annoying.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join