It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the truth about religon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Can I just ask a question about this?

What does anyone in this post define as a soul? A soul in my opinion is simply decribed as a part of religion. In science it is never said that you need a soul to live. A soul isnt a part of life in our life cycle but it is probably concidered to be something as simple as conscience.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LyricusMagna

I don’t think you read my other posts. Throw the word religion out the window and never bring it up. It’s gotten so twisted.

We wont be judged according to being a Methodist, Baptist, Lutheran, catholic, etc. It’s a one on one with god that counts.

I could wear a T-shirt saying Religion Rules! It wouldn’t help me any. Most people I know don’t pray to Religion they pray to God. There is a huge difference.

Yes you can be spiritual without being religious, as long as you don’t have the spirit of Satan in you. If you dont belong to one you belong to the other.

I am Christian, yet still call the Jews God’s chosen people. Do you think I have learned as a young child to worship God? Or Ive been brainwashed?

My Grandpa never spoke of the Bible, My Grandma couldn’t understand it. My parents never taught me about God. I learned at age 13 and was truly shocked to see how powerful God is. I actually taught all of them and they still believe.

You cant prove God exists with a closed mind. He will only give you the answers when you are old enough to understand. All children are blessed.

My answer to atheist parents is simple. The bible talks about it. He says it will automatically be instilled in all of us. That wasn’t an exact quote. We will all know, even without reading a Bible.

Some choose to accept it, some deny it. He gave us all free will. I have a question for those who refuse or deny.

Did something bad happen to you regarding anything that relates to the Bible, as a child or teenager to cause you to rebel. My guess is Yes.

Sometimes bad things happen to good people, they may die young, have a violent attach, etc.

There is lots of evil in the world but most blame God for allowing it to happen. They are blaming the wrong guy!

Some get it shoved down their throats and sacred by the wrath of God. Parents like that are only pushing kids away.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld

Sometimes bad things happen to good people, they may die young, have a violent attach, etc.

There is lots of evil in the world but most blame God for allowing it to happen. They are blaming the wrong guy!

If you blame God, then you are admitting that God exists. I would venture to guess that God doesn't mind being blamed.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by tdrowe2008

Our universe has trillions of stars. By chance? Absolutely no way. There must be a Genius Of Design aka GOD. But God is NOT religion.

Religions were invented by governments and cohorts to divide and rule over sheeple so sheeple fight for their own so-called god and will never unite and stand up against governments and cohorts.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by chris3340

From a physics stand point a soul is what makes you move your arms legs, etc, it's where thoughts are created and emotion comes from the soul.

A soul is YOU, What makes you tick! When you die it is only the body that dies. The soul moves on. Many debate where the soul goes.

If any took about 4 minutes out of one particular day and simply asked for the Holy spirit to fill your soul you would probably be blown away. (Just a tip but you must have an open mind for it to work) It's not an emotion.

When the soul is empty other spirits can enter.

I like knowing what is occupying my soul, even when I'm out sinning, partying, getting intoxicated and doing other things.

There are no controlling rules, you either accept it or you dont. Simple.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonking76

If you blame God, then you are admitting that God exists. I would venture to guess that God doesn't mind being blamed.

My reply was to those who may have started out believing in God, then denouncing him for one reason or another. I have met a lot of people that have experienced this.

I noticed your avatar is a dream catcher. Are you Native American, if so I wouldnt condemn your beliefs but it sounds like you have none??

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
Well I would agree that spirituality is our fundamental core. Religion has it's own interpretations and it does help describe our spiritual truths.

But disagree that religion is needed in society. It is more like a cancer to the earth than anything. Spirituality is the only tool for survival, religion is to misunderstood by many and understood by so few that when not wielded properly becomes more of a nuisance than a solution to any of our problems.

Needed or not really has no relevance. Every religion believes it is the spiritual truth, just as you have spiritual truths.

The problem with your "spirituality” is what is it, how do you define it, how does it influence your life, what do you study to follow it…etc, or is it just an inner feeling?

This is what I mean by spirituality as an abstract ideal until it becomes a religion.

People need to stop using religion to settle their differences. Become empowered to change the world for the better and also be loving and kind. That really is the goal isn't it? Heaven describes a utopian society does it not? So heaven on earth is possible, but humanity must change for it to happen. They must stop blaming others for their shortcomings and become empowered to taking on the task of being self reliant and becoming accountable for his or her deeds.

I agree 100%, and I suggest that this is man manipulating religion for their own personal purposes. Take Christianity as example, I know a vast number of people who live a good life, help others, and have great concerns for the well being of the common man living a Christian life, while others do many things in the name of Christianity that really has nothing to do with it at all.

As a big example, if the Christian Crusade actually followed the teachings of Christ it never would have happened.

Through spirituality we have the ability to not only survive but also the ability to create a better world to live in. Your conscience is the only requirement.

So how do you develop your conscience? It is not an auto response like breathing is, so there is some learning and interaction involved to expand it.

I get a certain feeling that you have a religion and you use spirituality as a generic term for it, and you suggest that all other religions are wrong. This kind of puts you into the same bucket I would think.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

You say throw the word religion out the window and that you are just about one on one with God. But then, few lines down you say your a christian, correct me if im wrong but I believe Christianity is a religion. I'm not trying to nit pick more so understand.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by stereovoyaged]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I should have used the word "people" instead of "you." It wasn't directed at you or your beliefs. It was more of a generalization of perspective on the existance of God put into as few words as possible.

I was saying that just because someone blames God for their problems, or even hates God, that someone obviously still believe God exists, otherwise they would not be blaming God.

Actually my avatar isn't a dreamcatcher, it's an emblem of The Order of the Dragon.

EDIT: I used "you" again..

[edit on 24-4-2009 by dragonking76]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
My problem with religion is this (and before I start im not an "athiest" or blah blah blah, I dont know whats out there, but I know better to base my entire life on what some old book says.) People will be like Jesus is the light of the world, you must worship him, etc etc, but if they were born in the middle east they woudl say the same about allah, religion is geographical you are christian becasue your parents and their parents are, your a jew cause of the same reason, mulim, same, etc.

The sheer arrogance of organized religions, we're right, your wrong. Our God is better than your, our hell is hotter than yours, like seriously, NO ONE, absolutly NO ONE knows what is really out there until the day our hearts stop beating and we either carry over to another plane of existance, cease to exist, re-incarnate, go to heaven and the list goes on.

You may claim you have the answer, but you dont, not the religious, not the athiest, NO ONE. But to base your life one a belief system that is bred into you, not found, not researched, but inherited is absolutly being a slave to a religion. My favorite quote from any "religious" writing is from the book of the law, "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law". Simple as that

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged

You say throw the word religion out the window and that you are just about one on one with God. But then, few lines down you say your a christian, correct me if im wrong but I believe Christianity is a religion. I'm not trying to nit pick more so understand.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by stereovoyaged]

That does sound odd I guess.

It's O.K I understand.

Christianity is a belief. What I meant to say is the word religion causes so many differences of opions it's hard to keep up with them.

I'm mainly targeting all those who say Religion Controls. In a sense I can see how some come to that conclusion.

Like I said in my previous post people dont pray to Religion they pray to God.

My religion is actually Protestant. The only time I have been asked what religion I am is at the Hospital so if I croak they dont have a Catholic Priest or Rabi show up.

I wonder if I said I was Wiccan who they would call.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Religion is all bulls***. Why learn about and warship a god/diety/etc and knowing about it's teachings and laws knowing you are angering it and that you are going to hell/hades/etc.

Like the forms of christanity, why spend your sundays learning how you're going to hell?

[edit on 24-4-2009 by The Killah29]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I wonder if I said I was Wiccan who they would call.

They would think your a devil warshiper and barely give you any health care, just because the satanic symbol is just the pentagram upsidedown, and that they are idiots.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by The Killah29

I hope you are speaking out of ignorance and not just stupidity.

If it's ignorance, I would ask you to attempt to know what you're trying to talk about before you post some mistaken blantant bashing.

If it's stupidity, then...why?

What you've said is so off-base that it's obvious you don't know what you're talking about.

Are you going to start bashing other religions and beliefs that you don't know about? How about Taoism? It's little known in most circles so I'd bet you don't know about it also.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Just to add in here, I have been called in religious debates in churches friends family, doing the work of satan himself, by bringing up doubt and questions of God.

Then that was like a last attempt for them to really say, I have no answers. Who calls someone the handyman of satan, for questioning what they believe, that is bullocks!

If i told you there was a teapot on mars, you would question me, would you expect to reply saying, you cannot question faith, you must be a demon for doing this, leave me now satan.

That's how much of the world thinks and is.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Religious ppl are all for letting others know thier beliefs, but as soon as someone disagrees, its sacreligious, disrespectful and rude. But they can't have a Christ-Gasm all over the place and we just have to take it because of religious freedom. I can entertain the possibility of a higher power....can believers entertain the thought that there is not one? NO. Its all one sided, its im right , your wrong, no such thing as reason, no such thing as logic, just pure blind faith

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by stereovoyaged

You are generalizing 1 billion people. Congratulations. Maybe while you're on a roll, you can make generalizations regarding people from India and China. You'd have closer to 3 billion.

I wouldn't say "I'm right, you're wrong", but I will say my use of logic is just as strong as yours AND I believe in God without having scientific proof. How do you reconcile that?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Many religions have a component of sun worship.

The sun is merely a symbol for the erect penis. "Sunlight" or "sunshine" are symbols for semen. The story of Jesus dying and resurrecting after 3 days is simply symbolic of when the penis "dies" after ejaculation. After a bit of time (30 minutes?) it "res-erects," meaning that it regains it's erection.

At first it's hard to believe, but it starts to make sense once you sit down and think about it.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LyricusMagna

Well a deer doesnt have a soul. I now feel bad about my previous comment. I didnt know he was only 17 looking for answers. I apologize to him.

I figured he'd been around a lot trying to start a holy war.

You don't have any proof that animals don't have souls. I don't have proof to point otherwise either. But i myself, do know that we humans, and animals possess a spirit/soul. Afcourse ours has evolved on a completely different level and its a lot stronger. Has your "God" said that animals have no souls, or is it just your opinion? If animals posses emotions and sensations then they definately possess a soul, you don't need conscience in order to have a soul. Coscience is just an extension of the soul complex called the Oversoul. Animals have a weak Oversoul, and insects haven't evolved one yet. That does NOT mean they do not possess a soul.

About the "holy war" thing: If such a thing exists, it happened in the past. And it was started by people like you. Sorry to say so, but it's true.

The Crusade Wars anyone?

Oh yeah, one more word about that, jihad. I'll let you make your own conclusions based on that.

I jumped the gun and didnt know your age and curiosity. Dont listen to the atheists.

I sense the same influence in that sentence of yours here. Why don't you let him decide for himself? Such a ridiculous line by a christian...

Well I don’t mean to alarm any pet owners but I don’t believe in doggy heaven but he may allow a few pets in.

A deer does not have a soul. It doesn’t not have a conscience to choose good or evil. We do.

I am a Christian and also believe in Aliens, but with a different view than most.

I don’t mean to preach but here’s a one liner that comes to mind about proof.

“Blessed are those who have not seen yet believe”

I have proof both do exist.

Again, even though you have no proof that animals lack soul, you claim it to be so. But on the other hand you do believe in aliens, which is interesting. How does that corelate with you religion, I though that "God" only made one type of life on one planet and it's us? According to christianity. But nevermind, i suspect what you mean when you say you believe in them but in a different sense, but i don't to play guessing games. And what proof is that you have that both do exist? Just curious ...

Animals dont possess an immortal spirit that will survive after death? The Bible assumes that man’s likeness to God and animal implies that animals may have the breath of life but not an immortal soul as we do.

God allowed us to kill and eat animals. He wouldn’t do that if they had a soul, as we know it. That would be murder.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by chris3340
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Can I just ask a question about this?

What does anyone in this post define as a soul? A soul in my opinion is simply decribed as a part of religion. In science it is never said that you need a soul to live. A soul isnt a part of life in our life cycle but it is probably concidered to be something as simple as conscience.

Soul/Spirit is the cosmic energy complex that carries the conscience and the life stream energy pattern, along with your higher self/astral self it is defined as an Ovesoul. Scientists today reffer to it as the Logos Fragment and in some cases it is referred to as the Sovereign Integral. Bodies are mere vessels that carry this Oversoul, Because the Oversoul is made out of energy it is immortal. Energy never dies, it simply goes through changes, from one energy form to another, and it can be placed inside another body after a period of time usually defined as a cycle (Life Cycle). This is the bases of the theory of reincarnation. Research is carried out on this as we speak, and i believe that the findings will be presented to the public as soon as possible.

I don’t think you read my other posts. Throw the word religion out the window and never bring it up. It’s gotten so twisted.

But christianity IS a religion, if I leave that word out what word should I use? That it had gotten so twisted is not my fault, people who abuse religion are to be blamed for it.

Originally posted by wonderworldWe wont be judged according to being a Methodist, Baptist, Lutheran, catholic, etc. It’s a one on one with god that counts.

And other religions are not one on one with God? Do you imply that others are wrong and you are right? I'm asking this not to press bubbles but because of what you say above.

Originally posted by wonderworldI could wear a T-shirt saying Religion Rules! It wouldn’t help me any. Most people I know don’t pray to Religion they pray to God. There is a huge difference.

Religion and God are hugely different? I didn't know that, call me stupid but last time i checked God was the center of religious worship and the prime basis for the religion. Afcourse they adress God and not religion. But praying is practising your religion. They are not two different thing.

Originally posted by wonderworldYes you can be spiritual without being religious, as long as you don’t have the spirit of Satan in you. If you dont belong to one you belong to the other.

So what you are saying is that, if i don't belong to God i belong to the satan? Since i have atheistic views on religion you seem to imply i belong to the other side. How nice of you wonderworld. Have you ever thought that there might be some middle ground? Not everything we do is black and white, there is a lot of grey too, and don't forget the colors too. I think you need to widen your perspective on human behavor, because it has a lot of colors.

Originally posted by wonderworldI am Christian, yet still call the Jews God’s chosen people. Do you think I have learned as a young child to worship God? Or Ive been brainwashed?

Originally posted by wonderworldMy Grandpa never spoke of the Bible, My Grandma couldn’t understand it. My parents never taught me about God. I learned at age 13 and was truly shocked to see how powerful God is. I actually taught all of them and they still believe.

If your parents or grandparents didn't introduced you with christianity then who did?And how did you learn all about it when you were 13? And how exactly have you seen how powerful God is?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join