It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Sorry, guys. I had to run out for a bit. By the way, HX3, thanks for covering the Chronicle for me! Anyway, I have a personal story regarding the flu from my errands this morning.

My daughter did something really stupid and was sent to alternative school for the rest of the school year. This morning I had to take her to this school for registration. While filling out all of the forms, I was close enough to hear two women in the office talking about the recent flu outbreak. They mentioned a few children by name, saying they had a really bad case of the flu. Then one actually asked the other, "If the kids come in the office with flu symptoms, should we send them home?"

I couldn't think of anything other than WOW. These were people in charge of making sure this virus is not spread among school children, and they actually had to debate sending symptomatic children home!! I did mention on my way out that the POTUS had recommended schools closing if there were any sick children in attendence, but I honestly don't think they were very concerned. Amazing.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Canada, Saskatchewan: 14 Possible Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Recorded #swinefluless than 20 seconds ago from web

Norway, Oslo: Couple Suspected with influenza A (H1N1) Ruled Out; Another 8-10 Cases Also Cleared #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

Swine Flu School Closings; What Parents Can Do
www.associatedcontent.com...

[edit on 4/30/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I found this soooo interesting! Have to post it!

Thirty-Six Thousand People Do Not Die Each Year from "Regular Flu" (Confirmed)
Thursday, April 30, 2009 by: Mike Adams, the Health Ranger, NaturalNews Editor

Read just about any news report on swine flu deaths, and you'll come across a line that claims "36,000 people die each year from flu-related causes." It sounds authoritative. It's even a nice, round number. But where is this number coming from? And is it based on any actual science?

This statistic is being paraded around by almost everybody, as if to say that swine flu isn't so bad because regular flu kills so many people each year anyway.The truth is that the only standard by which the CDC and WHO are quoting deaths from swine flu is if they are confirmed deaths from a particular viral strain. To them, if a death has not been confirmed in their labs, it does not count as a death from that flu.
Catch that everyone? Only confirmed deaths count!

Full article here:
www.naturalnews.com...

This explains some of the discrepency by MSM media reporting, and CDC and WHO counts!

Hummmm......

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
I found this soooo interesting! Have to post it!

Thirty-Six Thousand People Do Not Die Each Year from "Regular Flu" (Confirmed)
Thursday, April 30, 2009 by: Mike Adams, the Health Ranger, NaturalNews Editor

Read just about any news report on swine flu deaths, and you'll come across a line that claims "36,000 people die each year from flu-related causes." It sounds authoritative. It's even a nice, round number. But where is this number coming from? And is it based on any actual science?

This statistic is being paraded around by almost everybody, as if to say that swine flu isn't so bad because regular flu kills so many people each year anyway.The truth is that the only standard by which the CDC and WHO are quoting deaths from swine flu is if they are confirmed deaths from a particular viral strain. To them, if a death has not been confirmed in their labs, it does not count as a death from that flu.
Catch that everyone? Only confirmed deaths count!

Full article here:
www.naturalnews.com...

This explains some of the discrepency by MSM media reporting, and CDC and WHO counts!

Hummmm......

cough, cough, ahem err AHEM!! This just in!! The swine FLU, is a FLU..

Pay no attention to the man behind that curtain over there......

I hope people are not that stupid, to feel better when someone tells them hey the flu kills more people then this flu..

[edit on 30-4-2009 by Adrifter]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

That is crazy! I would even say irresponsible! What in the world...

No one should be at work or school sick!

Here is another good read for today!

The Swine Flu Crisis Lays Bare the Meat Industry's Monstrous Power

The Mexican swine flu, a genetic chimera probably
conceived in the faecal mire of an industrial pigsty, suddenly threatens to give the whole world a fever. The initial outbreaks across North America reveal an infection already travelling at higher velocity than did the last official pandemic strain, the 1968 Hong Kong flu.

www.organicconsumers.org...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Researcher finds 1918 flu resulted in current lineage of H1N1 swine influenza viruses
labspaces.net

Developments on swine flu worldwide
www.google.com...
33 minutes ago

Bahamas, New Providence: One Suspected Influenza A (H1N1) Case Reported. #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

WHO reports a total of 257 cases of influenza A (H1N1) infection globally. #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

JamesJanega: ...w/ caveat that swine flu #s are soft, Ill. DPH reports 8 cases in Cook Co (+3), 6 in Kane (+4), 1 in McH (+1), 1 ea in DuPage and Lake.

H1N1 Swine Flu Cases In Canada Now 19
www.allheadlinenews.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Nothing to see here...move olong in an orderly fashion.

It's getting ridiculous,they do NOT want "us" to think anything could seriously be wrong.

Next they will be saying you can't board a plane in a mask.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Serbia, Novi Sad: Suspected Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Tests Negative For The Virus. #swineflu1 minute ago from web

Homeland Security: No Orders to Border, Airport Agents Forbidding Surgical Masks
www.foxnews.com...

@ IC: Sorry dear just had to bring that to the front...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Adrifter

Ahem...errr yes! Twister!

For those of you who would like to voice your opinion on this matter, and send an email to President Obama...about matters concerning the immoral practices of large corporations and the animal industry...

Ban Factory Farms That Are Creating and Spreading Deadly Flu

Click here...page ready to go with a letter ready and all!
salsa.democracyinaction.org...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

If that's true, then the 1918 strain is the Granddaddy of the current strain. Using what we know about genetic mutations and evolution, this strain should be more suitably adapted and possibly stronger than its origins. Very scary.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
India, Hyderabad: WHO official states suspected influenza A(H1N1) case has been ruled out. Notes there are no suspected cases in India.3 minutes ago from web

@ Cameoii: I thought it was good genetic trail...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
And...for those of you who are not conspiracists! Here a lovely little article about the origins of this novel flu!

Swine flu source spawns wild theories:

Dead pigs in China, evil factory farms in Mexico and an Al Qaeda plot involving Mexican drug cartels are a few wild theories seeking to explain a deadly swine flu outbreak that has killed up to 176 people.

Nobody knows for sure but scientists say the origins are in fact far less sinister

www.reuters.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
H1N1 Flu (Swine Flu)
www.cdc.gov...

CDC on flu in USA. 111 cases now reported in 13 states in USA1 minute ago from web

Portugal: Eight Suspected Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Identified, Analyzed, and Dismissed Nationwide Since 24 April. #swinefluhalf a minute ago from web

France: Health Minister indicates most EU countries have rejected the proposal to suspend all flights to Mexico. #swinefluhalf a minute ago from web

France: Total of 41 Suspected Cases Of Influenza A (H1N1) Reported; Five Are "Probable". #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

tibossy: OMG! My sis just told me they shutdown Chicos high school cuz they found some1 with the swine flu!
less than 10 seconds ago from TwitterFon

Food bank prepares for swine flu
www.statesman.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Awwww man....they left out hybridization of flu virus by Reptilians/NWO for population reduction (as predicted by the Mayans)....

Sorry...couldn't resist. Seriously though, until they come up with something concrete, we will continue to question the origins.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
And this just in! It is official!

Name change from WHO!
WHO changes flu virus strain name from swine flu

The World Health Organization (WHO), bowing to pressure from meat industry producers and concerned governments, said on Thursday it would refer to a deadly new virus strain as influenza A (H1N1) not swine flu.

"From today, WHO will refer to the new influenza virus as 'influenza A (H1N1)'," it said in a brief announcement posted on its www.who.int/en/ website .

www.reuters.com...

Economic worries anyone? Can we say a collective resounding YES!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Swine flu: 'All of humanity under threat', WHO warns

The World Health Organisation has warned that "all of humanity is under threat" from a potential swine flu pandemic and called for "global solidarity" to combat the virus.
The plea came as the WHO raised the swine flu threat awareness level to 5 out of 6, indicating that the world is on the brink of a pandemic.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

[edit on 30-4-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Interim Guidance—HIV-Infected Adults and Adolescents: Considerations for Clinicians Regarding Swine-Origin Influenza A (H1N1) Virus
www.cdc.gov...

Interim Guidance on Case Definitions to be Used For Investigations of Swine-Origin Influenza A (H1N1) Cases*
www.cdc.gov...

H1N1 Flu (Swine Flu)
www.cdc.gov...

Japan, Yokohama: First Suspected Influenza A (H1N1) Case Officially Registered, a 17-Year-Old Who tested Positive for Influenza A. #swinefluless than 20 seconds ago from web

Ireland: Man tests positive for new influenza A(H1N1) virus; confirmatory test results pending. #swineflu #H1N15 minutes ago from web

US, California: San Mateo County officials identify two probable cases of influenza A (H1N1). Residents inundate emergency rooms. #swineflu7 minutes ago from web

Canada, Calgary: Four New Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; National Confirmed Case Count Reaches 23 #swineflu9 minutes ago from web

Portugal: Eight Suspected Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Identified, Analyzed, and Dismissed Nationwide Since 24 April. #swineflu23 minutes ago from web

France: Health Minister indicates most EU countries have rejected the proposal to suspend all flights to Mexico. #swineflu23 minutes ago from web

France: Total of 41 Suspected Cases Of Influenza A (H1N1) Reported; Five Are "Probable". #swineflu24 minutes ago from web

AP: Ky. health officials: Warren County woman hospitalized in Ga. with confirmed case of swine flu.24 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

Ding Dang site crashes...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Welcome back everyone!

First confirmed case in the city of Houston from live chat.

Eric Berger: I've just learned from my colleague Todd Ackerman that the city of Houston has its first confirmed case of swine influenza. It was a 10-year-old boy who had a mild illness and has since recovered.

Houston Chronicle Live Chat

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
US, Delaware: CDC confirms four cases of influenza A (H1N1) among University of Delaware students. #swineflu #H1N1half a minute ago from web

Mendoza Province: Two Suspected Influenza A(H1N1) Cases Dismissed, One Suspected Case Remains Under Investigation. #swineflu#H1N11 minute ago from web

US, Louisiana: Lafayette school closes after five students test positive for influenza A. Health officials confirming subtype. #swineflu1 minute ago from web

Welcome back all ??? Ding Dang teknoligy thingys anyhoo...

Think we're stressing out their servers big time

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
No cases in Oklahoma, the guy they were testing in Muskogee tested negative which is good. I am surprised though no cases in Oklahoma we border Texas.

www.tulsaworld.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join