It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
A Japanese 25-year-old woman has tested positive for swine flu; she arrived back in Japan on a Northwest Airlines flight from L.A - Kyodo.2 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters
news.xinhuanet.com...

US, South Carolina: CDC has confirmed a total of ten swine influenza cases in the state. #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

Flu Shuts Bay Area Schools; New Local Cases
cbs5.com...

[edit on 4/30/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I am crying and SOo fricking SAD! I am a caretaker and I just cant go be by his side, I have small children and an elderly aunt at home...

I want to be by his side to nurse him in the hospital, I want to, but what to do? I dont care if 'I" get it, I will survive! But how can I sit here while my loved one is so vulnerable?

THIS is the situation we ALL have to ask ourselves when this comes to YOUR doorstep, do you go to the hospital and caretake one leaving the rest behind, or do you leave it in the hands of the fricking hospitals!!!

UUurggg I am just SICK!!!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Good Morning to all,

I see Hx3_1963 is at top form and speed this morning!

I posted a few notes before I finally crashed last night, obvioulsy fooled Hx3 into thinking I had stayed up all night! Tehehe...was tempted to...but would have been a mistake! Instead, had fitful sleep with a red banner posted at the top of brain! Eeeerrrf! Dont want to repeat that tonight!

Notes:

Arizona 1
California 14
Indiana 1
Kansas 2
Massachusetts 2
Michigan 1
Nevada 1
New York 50
Ohio 1
South Carolina 10
Texas 26 1
TOTAL COUNTS 109 cases 1 death

www.cdc.gov...

Hummm....

CDC is issuing and updating interim guidance daily in response to the rapidly evolving situation. CDC’s Division of the Strategic National Stockpile (SNS) continues to send antiviral drugs, personal protective equipment, and respiratory protection devices to all 50 states and U.S. territories to help them respond to the outbreak.

Interesting from the CDC:
CDC Interim Guidance

[edit on 30-4-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
CNN live NAU Flu broadcast
www.cnn.com...
CNN breaking news reports that there are now 236 cases of swine flu worldwide.
Slight changes noted in virus...

Interim Guidance for Infection Control for Care of Patients with Confirmed or Suspected Swine Influenza A (H1N1) Virus Infection in a Healthcare Setting
www.cdc.gov...

US, California, Oxnard: Public Health officials confirms two swine influenza cases in students; two schools close as precautionary measure.less than 20 seconds ago from web

US, California, Sacramento County: One Confirmed and Three Probable Cases of Swine Influenza Reported #swineflu4 minutes ago from web

Bahrain: Country's First Suspected Swine Influenza Case Ruled Out #swineflu1 minute ago from web

@ BTS: Hmmm...I got 3-4 Hrs in the alcove...

Swine flu fears grip Mexico
www.cnn.com...
updated 1 hour, 10 minutes ago

Four 20th-century flu outbreaks
www.cnn.com...

Companies plan for possible swine flu pandemic
www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Morning Hx3! Good for you!
Hope you had quality sleep! Jinx! Look up!

Tehe. Hey all for your viewing displeasure! I found this video very good! Note: one part of the video mentions the man who was with Obama in Mexico as death contributed to flu like symptoms, which has now been debunked by the MSM. Other wise, it is a good little video!

[edit on 30-4-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
CNN live NAU Flu broadcast
www.cnn.com...

US, California, Los Angeles County: Two Probable Cases of Swine Influenza Reported #swineflu1 minute ago from web

US, Nebraska: CDC confirms swine influenza in visiting California resident; two Nebraska residents labeled probable cases. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

South Africa, Western Cape And Gauteng: Two Suspected Swine Influenza Cases Test Negative For Swine Influenza Virus. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I hate to say it, but if whatever ailment you have doesn't kill you while you're in a hospital, the hospital itself will, unless the patient has a personal caretaker, at least in the hospitals in Tulsa, Ok. My mom and dad both nearly died a couple times each when we had left them alone in the hospital for just a period of hours.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
First probable Irish swine flu case confirmed
www.rte.ie...

Maryland health officials identify 6 probable swine flu cases
www.bizjournals.com...

Spain: Canary Islands Health Administrator investigating one suspected swine influenza case in Gran Canarias. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

Colorado confirms first two cases3 minutes ago from TweetDeck

Irish man tested positive for swine flu.. or should we now say H1N1? Or the Mexican flu?4 minutes ago from TweetDeck

AP: Health Dept spokeswoman confirms 5 NJ swine flu cases among Mexico, Calif. travelers1 minute ago from TweetDeck

US, Arizona: Health officials send 20 new "suspicious influenza samples" to the CDC for testing; three suspected cases being investigated.2 minutes ago from web

AP: WHO to stop using 'swine flu' name to avoid confusion over risk from pigs.2 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters
NAU Flu

FLASH: Colorado reports its first two confirmed swine flu cases -State health authorities #swineflu2 minutes ago from twhirl

Seems to be spreading nicely now...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Antar, I'm so sorry for what your going trough!

Is the hospital far from where you live? Can someone else take care of your kids for a few hours at least?
I would try to go to the hospital, but I have a husband who can watch the kid....

do what you can...
and please know that you are doing all that you can!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Obama: US May Close Schools to Battle Swine Flu
www.nypost.com...

WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama suggested Wednesday that school closings may be necessary, in an escalating global health emergency that claimed the first death in the United States and swept Germany onto the roster of afflicted nations. Obama said local educators across America should consider shuttering schools if conditions worsen.
More at Link...

Swine Influenza and You
www.cdc.gov...

US, Colorado: Public Health Department confirms two swine influenza cases. #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

Flu patients pack hospital
cnn

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
This is what is difficult, there is no real information just msm and I dont trust them! Either they are hyping this up and I am safe to go or they are suppressing this and I should not subject my family to exposure.

When this whips back through next fall 1000% stronger and mutated... Do you go sit at the hospital with your loved one and catch it with them, or do you stay hunkered down and not go when your loved ones are in the hospital?

Now if it was one of my children, there is NO doubt in my mind how I will respond, I will not leave them for a minute.

I would have someone caretake the rest of them and stay bugged out.

I feel like a heal and it is wrong that I feel like I cannot trust my local hospital in this instance to be safe and do the testing...

This is confusing, and if nothing else lets me know how I will truly respond in the next wave.

I believe families should hunker down till it passes.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Interim Guidance for Clinicians on Identifying and Caring for Patients with Swine-origin Influenza A (H1N1) Virus Infection
www.cdc.gov...

Mexico: Health Minister confirms 99 cases nationwide: Mexico City (83), Mexico State (13), Colima (1), Oaxaca (1), Veracruz (1). #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

First swine flu case in Ireland
u.tv...

Swine Flu Scare at World Bank After 'Probable' Case Identified
www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I know some of the posters in this thread have already seen this, but for those who didn't, I think it's worth reading.
it explains some of the questions we all have.... could also be nothing but bs... heh I don't know what to make of it anymore

doctor comfirms the facts

[edit on 30-4-2009 by GypsK]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

In this article the President talks about funding 1.5 billion dollars to the vaccine companies to combat this emergency. I AM SICK of hearing how trillions of dollars are being 'funneled' into the laps of the vaccine companies! They should be forced to GIVE the vaccines to the world population and NOT make a single dollar over the exact cost of the manufacturing price which is pennies per barrel.

This not only would be the ethical thing to do but then the trillions could go into the pockets of those who have to remain home from work to care for their children and elderly, teachers and school administration, who will continue to send sick kids and adults out to daycares and schools making everyone sick.

there should be a law in effect that noone can be fired from this pandemic if they must remain at home to caretake and they should not loose wages. The vaccine companies should be held responsible as it is their viruses which have started this global disaster in the making.

Obama said the federal government is "prepared to do whatever is necessary to control the impact of this virus." He noted his request for $1.5 billion in emergency funding to ensure adequate supplies of vaccines.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Yeah more "funneling" of our cash...
bunch of carp...

And they're not even going to use it on US!!!

Swine flu: Another probable case in Scotland
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Mexico shuts down economy as flu pandemic imminent
www.reuters.com...
Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:18pm EDT

Confirmed swine flu cases in Texas reach 26
www.chron.com...

FLASH: WHO says will in future refer to new virus strain as influenza A (H1N1), not swine flu2 minutes ago from twhirl (NO...NAU Flu
!!!)

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I just saw on the "Swine Flu News and Updates" thread that there is human-tohuman transmission in Spain and now Korea. I suppose Level 6 is immanent if S. Korea can be confirmed.

My sympathies to you antar. I hope your grandfather recovers.

This has such a surreal-ness to it. In 1918 can you imagine how many people didn't know what it was? Didn't know it was coming? Imagine how slow info traveled then compared to now. Now we watch it unfold and spread before our very eyes. Read immediate impact at a personal level such as from Antar.
Never can I remember governments reacting with such fear. People usually do....like Y2K.......but there wasn't anything like these reactions from governments with SARS or even the original bird flu back when Rummy made a few mill on Tamiflu.
Yep, I think this fall will be awful. They say tho that NZ,Australia, flu season is just beginning.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Hmmm...(denotes sarcasm...
)
Scientists see this flu strain as relatively mild
www.latimes.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
My brain is on overload,thanks very much,LOL!

Okay: so they start closing all these schools...MOST people have to go to work,do they just take them to a day-care or to Grandma's?
Teens will enjoy the break no matter what,sorry.
If more people start staying home than going to work for "whatever reason" that inself creates another problem or another "solution" as it would be easier to control things.

Prom season is in full-swing in Texas: whether or not they close schools,the kids will find a way to celebrate,many are already planning "alternate parties" (aka hugs beer-bashes) at neighboring ranches.
Same damn thing as being in a classrom...add alcohol.
Seems like sort of a circular-effect to me,aka,closing schools does little at this point if the kids are not HOME.
They will be out in malls and restaurants for the most part.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by irishchic]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Croatia, Osijek: Institute for Public Health Almost Certain Suspected Influenza A (H1N1) Case Is Negative #swinefluless than a minute ago from web

Bahamas, Bimini Island: Three Cases of Respiratory Disease Reported, Not Considered Suspected Cases of influenza A (H1N1). #swineflu1 minute ago from web

France, Paris: Swine Influenza Suspected In A 9-Year-Old Student Returning From Mexico. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

Belgium: 5 New Suspected Cases Of Swine Influenza Reported. Total of 8 Suspected Cases Under Investigation As Of 29 April. #swinefluless than 10 seconds ago from web

US, New Jersey: CDC Confirms State’s First Five Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Wow, now they are reporting first cases in multiples, just a few dyas ago it was first case singular.

And yes, if kids are out of school that doesn't mean they will be home. Geez.

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join