It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 110
<< 107  108  109    111  112  113 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Hummm...Here is another article by The Canadian picking up Kurt Nimmo's Story on the North American Plan...

Looks like Hx3_1963 named this flu with such accuracy!

Swine Flu outbreak in North America was ominously predicted back in 2005

During the Security and Prosperity Partnership (SPP) Summit in Montebello, Canada in 2005, the “three amigos” (Bush, Harper and Calderon) released “North American Plan for Avian and Pandemic Influenza,” described as a “collaborative North American approach that recognizes that controlling the spread of avian influenza or a novel strain of human influenza, with minimal economic disruption, is in the best interest of all three countries.” The plan outlines how “Canada, Mexico and the United States intend to work together to prepare for and manage avian and pandemic influenza.”

It was hardly a coincidence that at the same time the U.S. Northern Command, or NORTHCOM, created a webpage dedicated to avian flu and subsequently ran exercises in preparation for the possible use of U.S. military forces in a continental domestic emergency involving avian flu or pandemic influenza.........
..........Ki-moon, the United Nations, and the ‘Globalists‘, with the participation of the globalist-dominated corporate media and the ruling elite in Mexico, are hyping the flu outbreak as a possible pandemic in order to sell us their scheme for world government.

It is an ongoing process.
www.agoracosmopolitan.com...

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Oh man i was just lookin at theese numbers for the US, Illinois has 40 % of the total cases in the US

Chicago has 19% of all US cases

Guys i hate to say this, but with these numbers this is really lookin like the 1918 pandemic. If it is anything like that we are in for a world of hurt come the next flu season

And it looks like my area is gonna take a really hard hit

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

I'd be interested in seeing what those percentages 19/40, as in total population of local affected areas, would be in mortality with a 3.65% death rate...

San Luis Potosí: One Additional Fatal Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Total Increases to Four Deaths: Date: May 07, 2009 16:02 ..3 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Oaxaca: Preliminary Analysis Tests Positive for Influenza A (H1N1) : Date: May 07, 2009 15:59 UTC Risk: Medium The local Mexican news..3 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Tlaxcala: One Additional Fatal Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Total Increases to Three Deaths: Date: May 07, 2009 15:57 UTC Ri..3 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Uray: Multiple Primary Schools Closed for "Quarantine" Due to Acute Respiratory Viral Infection : Date: May 07, 2009 15:56 UTC Risk: ..3 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Hmmm...
Ile-de-France: One New Confirmed Case Of Influenza A (H1N1) Reported; 12-hour Influenza Detection System Introduced: Date: May 07, 20..3 minutes ago from twitterfeed

[edit on 5/7/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
@ chise61:
Hmmm...using this info

7/1/2007 population estimate
Chicago, Ill. 2,836,658

at 3.65% mortality rate=~103,538

-----------------------------------------------------------
U.S. 306,375,158
17:04 GMT (EST+5) May 07, 2009
www.census.gov...

at 3.65% mortality rate=~11,182,693

World 6,778,292,272
17:07 GMT (EST+5) May 07, 2009
www.census.gov...

at 3.65% mortality rate=~247,407,668

...but cut these by .333 IF that's the estimate of 1/3 TOTAL infected...still...

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Great information........Thanks for everyone putting the light on what is really going on..........This is making me mad and I also want to throw up

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Very Interesting Press Release May 07, 2009 by Vilsack. He does get into the virus make up, and vaccines.

USDA Secretary Vilsack Testifies regarding 2009-H1N1 Influenza before the Senate Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration

WASHINGTON, May 7, 2009

USDA Secretary Tom Vilsack today testified regarding 2009-H1N1 Influenza before the Senate Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agenciesof the Senate Committee on Appropriations. His testimony is below:

usda.gov. Vilsack

[edit on 7-5-2009 by burntheships]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
This data is not H1N1 specific, but for Influenza Type A. I thought it might be beneficial for us to know some other terms your doctor may accidentally
diagnose you with if you feel you have this virus.

The other diseases for which Type A influenza subtype H1 is listed as a possible alternative diagnosis in their lists include:

Brucellosis
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Dengue fever
Ehrlichiosis
Histoplasmosis
Leptospirosis
Lyme disease
Malaria
Meningococcal disease
Mononucleosis
Plague
Rocky Mountain spotted fever
SARS
Tonsilitis
Trichinosis
Trypanosomiasis
Upper Respiratory Infection

Misdiagnosis of Type A Influenza

The Dengue Fever seems to keep popping up. I hope there's no connection.

PS: I'm glad to see you guys are looking at some proposed statistics based on what we are being told. I just wish the outcomes didn't seem so bleak.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
@ chise61:
Hmmm...using this info

7/1/2007 population estimate
Chicago, Ill. 2,836,658

at 3.65% mortality rate=~103,538

U.S. 306,375,158
17:04 GMT (EST+5) May 07, 2009
www.census.gov...

at 3.65% mortality rate=~11,182,693

World 6,778,292,272
17:07 GMT (EST+5) May 07, 2009
www.census.gov...

at 3.65% mortality rate=~247,407,668

While that may end up being true, you have to remember that the US, Canada, and perhaps a few other places like UK, Saudi, have resources and plans and the abililty to back those up.

Plus, we don't really know the total infectivity in a given population. So the mortality rate is for those who get the H1N1 variant. How many in a given population are when the virus is the community? If it is a third then your stats look more like

Chicago, Ill. 2,836,658

at a .33 infectivity in the population =~936097

at 3.65% mortality rate=~37584

I am not going to cry for the first world nations. The first world nations are likely to come out of a serious pandemic with a lower kill rate.

It is the developing nations (like say....Mexico), and the third world nations that I'd be concerned about. They don't have the easy access to meds, along with other complicating factors that will see their countries realize that mortality rate and maybe exceed it.

I cringe for South Africa and Nigeria, with their very high HIV rates. (though since the percentage for HIV infection in Africa are usually done by a differential diagnosis and not by testing, I am somewhat hesitant to fully accept the figures for HIV in Africa.)

[edit on 2009/5/7 by Aeons]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Hmmm...

Using a .333 infection rate of total populations at 3.65% mortality we get...

Chicago=~34,478

US=~3,723,837

World=~82,386,753

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Another article about influeza finds this about the strain that caused the 1918 pandemic:

The majority of deaths during the influenza pandemic of 1918-1919 were not caused by the influenza virus acting alone, report researchers from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), part of the National Institutes of Health. Instead, most victims succumbed to bacterial pneumonia following influenza virus infection.
Therefore, the authors conclude, comprehensive pandemic preparations should include not only efforts to produce new or improved influenza vaccines and antiviral drugs but also provisions to stockpile antibiotics and bacterial vaccines as well.

This information leads me to two questions:
1. How many deaths have there been due to bacterial pheumonia within the past 6 months compared to other flu seasons?

2. Why are we being told everyday about treatment with antivirals and vaccines, but have not heard any mention of stockpiling antibiotics?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cameoii
Another article about influeza finds this about the strain that caused the 1918 pandemic:

The majority of deaths during the influenza pandemic of 1918-1919 were not caused by the influenza virus acting alone, report researchers from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), part of the National Institutes of Health. Instead, most victims succumbed to bacterial pneumonia following influenza virus infection.
Therefore, the authors conclude, comprehensive pandemic preparations should include not only efforts to produce new or improved influenza vaccines and antiviral drugs but also provisions to stockpile antibiotics and bacterial vaccines as well.

This information leads me to two questions:
1. How many deaths have there been due to bacterial pheumonia within the past 6 months compared to other flu seasons?

2. Why are we being told everyday about treatment with antivirals and vaccines, but have not heard any mention of stockpiling antibiotics?

You need to expand that to include sepsis induced by SARS, etc. Sepsis is a huge killer that we tend to forget in the first world.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
US, South Carolina: State health officials have confirmed the 17th case of influenza A (H1N1); close contacts are showing symptoms #swineflu4 minutes ago from web

US, Massachusetts: State health officials confirm 71 cases of influenza A (H1N1); majority in Middlesex county. #swinefluhalf a minute ago from web

Swine Flu Swine flu: Mexico imposes tough new rules - Telegraph.co.uk: BBC NewsSwine flu: Mexico impose.. /cl6bhs2 minutes ago from twitterfeed

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Absolutely correct. The mortality rate would not be 1.whatever percent across the globe. The total cummulative mortality would be 1.whatever percent. Here is some evidence to back up what we are talking about.

A country's income was the biggest predictor of its death toll, the group found. The fraction of additional deaths per year varied widely between locations, from 0.2 percent in Denmark to 7.8 percent in central India, "That's almost 40-fold variation across countries," Murray says. "A very surprising fraction of the amount of variation in the death rate is explained by one single variable--namely, income per capita."

Scientific American

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I honestly had to look up Sepsis to understand what you meant. There have actually been malpractice suits because Sepsis goes undiagnosed when the symptoms are attributied to Influenza. Great addition to the list!

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
OK OK

Don't beat me about the cranium with those numbers

I was using just STRAIGHT numbers...

I know it will not be evenly divided across the globe...

Developed country's will probably have .333 of the mortality totals, while 3rd world country's will bear the .666 of this, IF it occurs...

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
OK OK

Don't beat me about the cranium with those numbers

I was using just STRAIGHT numbers...

I know it will not be evenly divided across the globe...

Developed country's will probably have .333 of the mortality totals, while 3rd world country's will bear the .666 of this, IF it occurs...

Actually, what I think you are seeing is that in a developing nation with some very significant disparity in income levels that the mortality rate is 3.65%.

That probably means that in the first world nations you can expect less. Maybe a 1.5% or so, with an unusual profile of mortality victims (more robustly healthy adults than normal).

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I would never fault your logical abilities! Besides, the totals would be the same. It's only where our concerns should be focused that makes any difference geographically.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Point taken

I just wanted to clarify my earlier posts that it will not be "blanket" coverage and I agree, it could well be even lower than the .333 earlier stated...

Just numbers I know, but, these are living, breathing people with hopes, dreams and family...

I/We have to keep this in mind, as I'm sure all here do

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cameoii
reply to post by Aeons

I honestly had to look up Sepsis to understand what you meant. There have actually been malpractice suits because Sepsis goes undiagnosed when the symptoms are attributied to Influenza. Great addition to the list!

That. But also for this flu, the lung damage done by the flu in some people can cause someone to develop sepsis.

Sepsis is a severe systemic inflammatory response and is a pathologic condition associated to cytokine storm. Sepsis is often lethal.

So the flu triggers a cytokine storm. The storm triggers sepsis. Or alternately flu triggers sepsis and the sepsis triggers a cytokine storm.

The case is then attributed to death by sepsis. So instead of having a mortality statistic attributed to H1N1, it is "recategorized" into a different disease.

But the sepsis is a direct condition caused by this flu virus.

So your numbers will be wrong. Just like the lady who died in Brazil being said to have died of sepsis when she had the H1N1 strain. She died from the flu.

Sepsis isn't quite like a secondary infection that is caused by the immune system of the victim being repressed for several months, like with pneumonia. Where that death will be attributed to pneumonia with maybe later some researchers suggesting that the increase in pneumonia may be linked with the H1N1 outbreak.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Canada, Central Alberta: Two New Pediatric Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Province Total Case Count Rises to 33 #swineflu5 minutes ago from web

Canada, Edmonton: Ninth Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; National Total Reaches 204 Cases #swineflu14 minutes ago from web

<< 107  108  109    111  112  113 >>

join